Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Let's move this conversation to an even weirder place.

I am a straight guy, but I'm certain I would let Harry Connick Jr do whatever he wanted to me. Also Dave Grohl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Speaking of Grohl. Is he learning to walk again?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Let's move this conversation to an even weirder place.

I am a straight guy, but I'm certain I would let Harry Connick Jr do whatever he wanted to me. Also Dave Grohl.

actually its only weird and gross if you are talking about women, dudes are fair game

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

JakeP posted:

actually its only weird and gross if you are talking about women, dudes are fair game

this is kind of true but I don't really think dudes can complain about fairness.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

I laughed.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the patriarchy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I think my DnD class would be barbarian because if I get hurt during a sports game I rage out and get stronger and tougher.

I also cannot read.

What would your DnD class be?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
probably druid

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

bowmore posted:

probably druid

:hfive: druid buddies let's summon badgermoles.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Amoeba102 posted:

Hah. Well I hope he can walk by the time he has to the show at Wrigley Field.

Although it would be pretty cool to see the guitar throne he apparently came up with in the midst of a painkiller daze.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I think my DnD class would be barbarian because if I get hurt during a sports game I rage out and get stronger and tougher.

I also cannot read.

Necromancer or Paladin one of the two.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

:hfive: druid buddies let's summon badgermoles.
woooo let's plant some trees :hfive:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Cleric (of Sune) :sparkles:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

Cleric (of Sune) :sparkles:
I could see that

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I would choose chaotic barbarian

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I played DnD on Saturday and I was trying out a new Rogue character, and I think he was a cool dude so I think Rogue.

I don't really like 5e though, at least not at early levels. It feels like you can't really do anything. I hope it gets better as we level up.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Something like a mage or a druid. I'd take up alchemy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My very first character was a Goliath Fighter though, and she was very cool. She carried around a rowboat.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

bard

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd be a fighter :)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am pretty much always a cleric. I'm getting tired of 3.5 though because every time we play I am pretty much the best fighter, tank & healer for the first 5 levels. I know this sounds whiny but I want to play 5e because I've heard the caster classes are better earlier.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

bowmore posted:

I could see that
That is what I play! I like 5e because it is simple.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Rogue is always the way to go in D&D

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think I'm about to run a 1e campaign for my friends because I'm very bad? Idk why I'm doing this

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

TMMadman posted:

Rogue is always the way to go in D&D
But I don't want to be sneaky!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think I'm about to run a 1e campaign for my friends because I'm very bad? Idk why I'm doing this

because you yearn for nostalgia?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
5e just feels too simple though. Even at early levels of 4e I felt I had options for different situations, but with 5e it's like welp, if I can't do this thing then I can't do anything so I guess I'll just hold my action??

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

because you yearn for nostalgia?

I'm pretty sure 1e was obsolete when I was born

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
How did yall meet your d&d groups?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

But I don't want to be sneaky!!

You don't have to be sneaky to be a Rogue. My character is a smarmy swashbuckler pirate with a rapier and a flintlock pistol. I imagine him wearing a giant hat with a feather on it. There's nothing sneaky about him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

I play online with a group I used to play a lot of TF2 with but we've stayed in touch and gone to PAX together a bunch of times.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Right now my character in my pathfinder game on Saturdays is a Human Neutral Evil Oracle with the "Waves" Mystery who just took a level of the "souleater" prestige class it's a pirate game in the skull and shackles adventure path.

On Mondays I also play a Human Lawful Good Cleric in the Rise of the Runelords modules who was raised by dwarves and is a cleric of the dwarven crafting god.

I like extremes.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

I'm pretty transitional. I've been in a lot of groups, but most don't last longer than a year. But somehow I've also been playing it pretty consistently since I was a preteen. I wish I had a group in town, but lately I've been going to Lawrence pretty regularly to play with some friends who go to KU.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I once got invited to play a tabletop game in real life. Instead of playing, we spent five hours creating characters and doing individual roleplays with the weird creepy guy who made really uncomfortable jokes.

I don't know what the name of the game was, but it was about superheroes. Most of the individual sessions consisted of Tony Stark being a "cool dude" and us applauding Tony Stark for being so cool. Also, Tony Stark is the best superhero and built the Stark Corporation with special power-negating walls, so none of our abilities worked.

Never went back. I suspect that I just had a bad first experience and spent some time looking for another group last year before finally giving up.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 21, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 27, 2020

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

I worked at chick fil a when I was like, 18 and I met a guy there who's brother ran a dnd game.
So I met a guy named terry there who became my best friend.

So that game faded away but terry and I still hung out and then one day he joined a game at his job that someone was running, and it was that group that I got invited to and still play with to this day.

I've known most of these guys for like 13 or 14 years now.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Magnus Gallant posted:

My boyfriend runs the game I play. He met a lot of the people he plays with on meetup!

When I was low level I just cast sacred flame over and over, now at 8th level I have a magic prayer beads item and can heal as a bonus action and channel divinity heal heal heal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

Go to your local engineering school, those places are crawling with 'em.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah I spent one session playing with real life friends, but it was actually pretty infuriating. We had all made our characters beforehand but ended up spending like 4 hours on one small intro encounter cause people started drinking and then got extremely drunk and couldn't remember anything from one moment to the next. They then called the game too confusing and went off to smoke weed before passing out.

We never played again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Go to your local engineering school, those places are crawling with 'em.

When I went to NCSU I was roommates with a nuclear engineer. His gpa was a 4.0 and he was taking one of the hardest engineering majors at a school that is known for engineering. He played d&d every Saturday. I never played with him but I regret it. I agree though engineers love d&d