Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah that's phantoml0rd. he doesn't actually play the game he just does csgoshuffle and other betting site poo poo while screaming into his microphone

Phantoml0rd once licked his dogs anus for a donation

Dude is solid pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Also streaming with shock collar.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The weirdest thing to me is that people will try to snipe bets on CS:GO jackpot or whatever. It's almost like there's a fundamental lack of understanding about probability in gambling.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Bohemian Nights posted:

Phantoml0rd once licked his dogs anus for a donation

Dude is solid pathetic

What

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3QsDwUpQ

He would pick a task a viewer suggested to him and if he got a pink or better he would do it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Twitch should just ban gambling streams. Not only are they a big waste of time, streamers shouldn't be advertising that to kids (=main CSGO demographic) either.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'd even go as much as prohibiting betting platforms from advertising on any events as well, but ehh, can't wish for everything.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

^^ Oh, no doubt.

Now that the French shuffle has been completed, I'm very interested in the new EnvyUs lineup. Will their play style be like execute-heavy style of the old LDLC-lineup, the chaotic free-for-all style of EnvyUs, or something between? One thing is for certain though, we live in interesting times! :)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think I might have noticed a cause for the blood splatter thing thats supposed to show up when you hit something "showing up" but no damage being dealt: I think it might just be the dust spray from the bullet hitting the surface behind them. I loaded up that aim_bots map and on some shots I'd go "but that hit! there was a spray and everything" but doing the same with sv_impacts on showed me where they were hitting and the resulting dust spray theory made sense in my head so idk

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

Twitch should just ban gambling streams. Not only are they a big waste of time, streamers shouldn't be advertising that to kids (=main CSGO demographic) either.

Twitch also has plenty of poker streams which are incredibly interesting and eduational imo (if you watch the right ones at least)

There's literally nothing of value coming out of csgojackpot or the like, but if you can open crates within the game itself on stream I don't really see how you differentiate between that and any other form of gambling. In fact I think opening crates may be even more nefarious than anything else, and that's sanctioned by fuckin valve itself

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

real dilemma posted:

Twitch also has plenty of poker streams which are incredibly interesting and eduational imo (if you watch the right ones at least)

There's literally nothing of value coming out of csgojackpot or the like, but if you can open crates within the game itself on stream I don't really see how you differentiate between that and any other form of gambling. In fact I think opening crates may be even more nefarious than anything else, and that's sanctioned by fuckin valve itself

opening cases is dumb, sure. consider how many knives there are in circulation. then think about what the chances to get a knife on a case opening are (0,02% or something?). think about how many cases TOTAL have been opened, then. and then multiply that by the number of dollars keys cost. thats how many moneys valev has!! drat

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

I think I might have noticed a cause for the blood splatter thing thats supposed to show up when you hit something "showing up" but no damage being dealt: I think it might just be the dust spray from the bullet hitting the surface behind them. I loaded up that aim_bots map and on some shots I'd go "but that hit! there was a spray and everything" but doing the same with sv_impacts on showed me where they were hitting and the resulting dust spray theory made sense in my head so idk

Bullet decals are computed client side (due to latency) so you can't trust them, because the server will have different random spread for each shot. Blood spatters come from the server, so alongside with dink sounds, they're the only way to know you've actually hit something.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

fennesz posted:

Matchmaking is casual. It's not the fault of the game mode if you view it as Try-Hard-Mode. Change how you view the game, not the mode.

I've probably said this once or twice now but I play CS with my laptop while sitting on my couch. It's fun because I'm bad at aiming and I enjoy still trying to win games. Just have fun.

if matchmaking was casual, people wouldnt be reporting me for muting voice and playing with a deagle, but people did.

US West. on my MGE main, i consistently play with players who are interested in winning, albeit often without much communication or strategy. There are some leavers, but they rarely get more than the baseline 30m. on my MG2 smurf, i consistently play with downrankers, people who gently caress around in spawn all game, and people who are leaving often enough to get 24 hour+ bans.

maybe it's just small sample size. 3 dudes claimed that they reported me on the last game we played on thursday night. we played 5 games on friday night, of which every single one had at least 2 griefers on the other team. on saturday and sunday we went back to our main accounts and played 8 straight games with no griefers whatsoever.

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.
I get that people want to play for fun and only use the deagle or the scout or whatever, but if you arent even any good and you dont have voice chat on id rather have a bot.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

real dilemma posted:

Many countries have clear definitions for "skill based games" and lotteries. They're usually treated very differently from each other legallyl.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

bpower posted:

Many countries have clear definitions for "skill based games" and lotteries. They're usually treated very differently from each other legallyl.

which one does buying keys to open boxes of randomly-generated pixels fall into

My point was mostly just that some people have decided to draw an arbitrary line at sites like csgolounge and csgojackpot etc when opening crates is the same exact thing, if not worse because valve does not tell you the odds of getting something worth a poo poo, and "banning all gambling streams" would also ban a lot of cool and actual good content. As to your post, in the US (Amazon is a US company) poker is the same as a slot machine in the eyes of the law.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

no_funeral posted:

opening cases is dumb, sure. consider how many knives there are in circulation. then think about what the chances to get a knife on a case opening are (0,02% or something?). think about how many cases TOTAL have been opened, then. and then multiply that by the number of dollars keys cost. thats how many moneys valev has!! drat

There have been over 7000 chroma 2 cases sold just in the last hour, it's really mind boggling how much they're making with minimal effort

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Roghie posted:

I get that people want to play for fun and only use the deagle or the scout or whatever, but if you arent even any good and you dont have voice chat on id rather have a bot.

i agree for the most part, but it takes a pretty terrible player to make the bot a better option. a quarter of the time the bot will just gently caress off and get instantly killed, and even still you have to play a 4 man defense or do 4 man takes with the most predictable lurker in the world.

on top of that, even the worst teammate will buy better than the bot.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The bot can be told to stay in spawn and you can later take it over and make it useful. Not so for a scrubby uncommunicative troll.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Smol posted:

Now that the French shuffle has been completed, I'm very interested in the new EnvyUs lineup. Will their play style be like execute-heavy style of the old LDLC-lineup, the chaotic free-for-all style of EnvyUs, or something between? One thing is for certain though, we live in interesting times! :)
Titan bought the best team in the world 18 months ago and they still haven't made it past the group stage of a major :mmmhmm:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
You can't Deag League with only two people. You need a five-stack, minimum, otherwise you're completely useless.

I Decree it So, for I am a Deag League Forefather.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
As the cult leader of the church of Good Vibes, I wish to have a deag league soon

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
So this is a thing
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-07/20/esl-responds-doping-esports-controversy

quote:

"The integrity of our sport is and always will be our biggest concern," says Anna Rozwandowicz, head of communications at ESL. "When we first saw [Friesen's comments], we focused immediately on kickstarting a policy-making process and adjusting the rules. We have worked on changes in our rules, reached out to authorities for support, and will be ready to announce our next steps in a couple of days. When that comes out, you can treat that as our full statement on the issue."

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

The Blue Caboose posted:

if matchmaking was casual, people wouldnt be reporting me for muting voice and playing with a deagle, but people did.

US West. on my MGE main, i consistently play with players who are interested in winning, albeit often without much communication or strategy. There are some leavers, but they rarely get more than the baseline 30m. on my MG2 smurf, i consistently play with downrankers, people who gently caress around in spawn all game, and people who are leaving often enough to get 24 hour+ bans.

maybe it's just small sample size. 3 dudes claimed that they reported me on the last game we played on thursday night. we played 5 games on friday night, of which every single one had at least 2 griefers on the other team. on saturday and sunday we went back to our main accounts and played 8 straight games with no griefers whatsoever.

if your 'main' isn't SMFC or GE you have no reason to smurf, an account ranked that low, basically right in the middle of the pack shouldn't get restricted from playing with lower/higher level accounts unless you get down to like silver 3. if you can't deagle only and win at MGE you definitely have no reason to smurf. matchmaking is absolutely casual as gently caress.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

Bullet decals are computed client side (due to latency) so you can't trust them, because the server will have different random spread for each shot. Blood spatters come from the server, so alongside with dink sounds, they're the only way to know you've actually hit something.

Wow no poo poo. What I'm saying is me (and lots of other posters from this very thread while in goonmans) have gone "bullshit i didn't hit him i know i saw blood spray!" when I am saying that blood spray and dust spray from a bullet impact look very similar when moving very fast

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Speaking of pistols, I've started maining dualies for pistol rounds and have done surprisingly well with them. A lot of people seem to think $500 is a lot for something with such lovely accuracy and armor penetration, but considering that you're getting two guns for the price of one, I think it's a bargain

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

Wow no poo poo. What I'm saying is me (and lots of other posters from this very thread while in goonmans) have gone "bullshit i didn't hit him i know i saw blood spray!" when I am saying that blood spray and dust spray from a bullet impact look very similar when moving very fast

I don't think blood and dust look that similar at all

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Bohemian Nights posted:

Speaking of pistols, I've started maining dualies for pistol rounds and have done surprisingly well with them. A lot of people seem to think $500 is a lot for something with such lovely accuracy and armor penetration, but considering that you're getting two guns for the price of one, I think it's a bargain

Being able to chase down enemies who are trying to reload is helpful more often than not.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

no_funeral posted:

if your 'main' isn't SMFC or GE you have no reason to smurf, an account ranked that low, basically right in the middle of the pack shouldn't get restricted from playing with lower/higher level accounts unless you get down to like silver 3. if you can't deagle only and win at MGE you definitely have no reason to smurf. matchmaking is absolutely casual as gently caress.

Matchmaking is casual as gently caress, but it's also got a whole boatload of rules to make it as non-casual as possible. The real truth is that no one is going to play real competitive CS on Valve servers until theyre 128 tick, and valve, while running a giant money machine, probably doesn't want to shell out for doubling their processing overhead to satisfy 5% of the community that figured it out anyways. So it will always be the only competitive mode really available to 80% of the population that aren't good enough for the specialty services, and mostly useless to the actual competitive people.

As MGE I cannot queue with unranked. I've seen reports saying that SEM and MG1 can't queue together, but no one seems to have concrete information on what a "very large skill group range" is.

I originally made a smurf account to play with my buddies who are silver IV and III. They suck at counterstrike, so I figured I could gently caress around and play with lovely rear end guns and they could have fun not getting their poo poo pushed in by AK's. Unfortunately, I'm bad at throwing games, and I ended up ranking in at MG1 while using pistols only while my main was MG2. Whoops. Waste of 5 bucks. So I decided I might as well get some use out of it and gently caress around and play a couple of laid back games on it every once in a while to get drops and blow off steam. And my buddy and I started having a boatload of fun deaging people. And I got better at CS. (before I started spending a lot of time on my smurf, I'm fairly sure I was on the cusp of deranking back to MG2, and I've won my last 8 games with .95 kpr).

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Banned from esl for showing up on weed

Don Of The Dead
Apr 8, 2007

I'm feelin' clean, I was only thirteen With the heavy starch, on my Bugle Boy Jeans
Demolition is the best

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

The Blue Caboose posted:

Matchmaking is casual as gently caress, but it's also got a whole boatload of rules to make it as non-casual as possible. The real truth is that no one is going to play real competitive CS on Valve servers until theyre 128 tick, and valve, while running a giant money machine, probably doesn't want to shell out for doubling their processing overhead to satisfy 5% of the community that figured it out anyways. So it will always be the only competitive mode really available to 80% of the population that aren't good enough for the specialty services, and mostly useless to the actual competitive people.

As MGE I cannot queue with unranked. I've seen reports saying that SEM and MG1 can't queue together, but no one seems to have concrete information on what a "very large skill group range" is.

I originally made a smurf account to play with my buddies who are silver IV and III. They suck at counterstrike, so I figured I could gently caress around and play with lovely rear end guns and they could have fun not getting their poo poo pushed in by AK's. Unfortunately, I'm bad at throwing games, and I ended up ranking in at MG1 while using pistols only while my main was MG2. Whoops. Waste of 5 bucks. So I decided I might as well get some use out of it and gently caress around and play a couple of laid back games on it every once in a while to get drops and blow off steam. And my buddy and I started having a boatload of fun deaging people. And I got better at CS. (before I started spending a lot of time on my smurf, I'm fairly sure I was on the cusp of deranking back to MG2, and I've won my last 8 games with .95 kpr).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-WPlvZguZ4

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
rip PSH, too awesome for this world

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Necc0 posted:

Being able to chase down enemies who are trying to reload is helpful more often than not.

Only if you miss a lot because you can't aim.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Ranter posted:

Only if you miss a lot because you can't aim.

Thankfully this is pretty much everyone up to GE, so having 30 bullets to run someone down with is really nice. I mean, you could probably do it better AND have a good sidearm for later rounds by buying a tec9 instead, but you'd be missing out on some serious style points

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Blue Caboose posted:

As global you can not queue with MGE or below, but there likely is more detailed hidden metric.

Edit: I mean you can if you get 5 people, but only that way.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 21, 2015

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Let me report from the bottom.
Silver 2 can queu with MGE. Which is hilarious.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
For the record if you smurf you can go gently caress yourself. I'd say worse stuff but if you smurf you already probably have serious self-esteem problems.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

prom candy posted:

For the record if you smurf you can go gently caress yourself. I'd say worse stuff but if you smurf you already probably have serious self-esteem problems.

protip: smurfing is fun. lighten up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

prom candy posted:

I'd say worse stuff but if you smurf you already probably have serious self-esteem problems.

Projecting a bit hard there bud.

• Locked thread