Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rohan posted:

f/16 and loiter in parks after midnight

Bend by Rohan Bassett, on Flickr

Where is this? I'm pretty sure I've been there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Via XX Luglio by alkanphel, on Flickr

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Where is this? I'm pretty sure I've been there
All Nations Park in Northcote, Melbourne. Message me if you're ever in the area, I live like five minutes away and it's my go-to late-night photo haunt.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rohan posted:

All Nations Park in Northcote, Melbourne. Message me if you're ever in the area, I live like five minutes away and it's my go-to late-night photo haunt.

I live in Brisbane but my entire extended family is from Victoria on both sides so I must have been there when visiting them, but I've definitely been there.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Youngstown, OH by Kyle, on Flickr

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Untitled by Dev Luns, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

I live in Brisbane

I was just in Bris yesterday. Have you been to that exhibition "The Photograph and Australia" at qld gallery? Absolutely recommend checking it out. The Hurley carbon prints were a stand out for me but everything else there was awesome.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

what the gently caress posted:

I was just in Bris yesterday. Have you been to that exhibition "The Photograph and Australia" at qld gallery? Absolutely recommend checking it out. The Hurley carbon prints were a stand out for me but everything else there was awesome.

To be honest I've really only just got an interest in photography and just got my first dlsr so not yet, I'm pretty keen to learn and take some good shots. Mainly got it for when I go hiking and stuff, to get some shots of cool stuff I see and have it actually look good in pictures.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 20, 2015

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Fair call. and good on you. In any case i still highly recommend checking it out even for someone new to it all. You May get some inspiration, who knows. Craig Tuffin is giving a talk there at the Alfred Elliot exhibition this Sunday which would be quite interesting I'd imagine.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
ColombiaFlickr (2 of 16) by esa_foto, on Flickr

ColombiaFlickr (8 of 16) by esa_foto, on Flickr

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

what the gently caress posted:

I'm heading into Brisbane to see that this weekend. I've had to write at least one paper on Max Dupain, so looking forward to finally seeing a proper print of 'Sunbather'.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

rohan posted:

I used to live a few minutes up the road from there in Brunswick East. Northcote was my train station to get to work. Took this close by:

Merri Creek by Euan Torstonson, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Haught posted:

I'm heading into Brisbane to see that this weekend. I've had to write at least one paper on Max Dupain, so looking forward to finally seeing a proper print of 'Sunbather'.

drat, try and get in for that Sunday talk. I'm filthy I couldn't be there for that.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I found some trees.

20150718-DSCF6816.jpg by jarredsutherland, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Lim Liak Street by alkanphel, on Flickr

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Indian Ocean Drv, June 2015 by Simon Deadman, on Flickr

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
DSCF6911 by jarredsutherland, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Untitled by Tom Olson, on Flickr

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Searching for the yellow king?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
I was but I didn't find him. :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks like something Rush would use for album art. :v:

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
In the Meadow by B. B., on Flickr

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Shandon-3 by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Shandon-8 by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Shandon-4 by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I love how the letters just hang there in space like a surtitle or film credit. Excellent exposure.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

_DSC8036 by Maciej, on Flickr

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm interested to see that in colour

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

I'm interested to see that in colour

You might be waiting awhile.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Haught posted:

You might be waiting awhile.

Why?

I'm new at this and bought a tripod today right before sunset so I thought I'd give it a go, probably cliche as hell, but I kinda liked these

I just wish it wasn't so cloudy

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

It's shot on B&W film.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Haught posted:

It's shot on B&W film.

Well then.

Apart from the PAD thread, where can I get told why my photos are total poo poo and what to do better? Preferably not just tearing me apart but more what I could've done differently rather than just whats bad

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Well then.

Apart from the PAD thread, where can I get told why my photos are total poo poo and what to do better? Preferably not just tearing me apart but more what I could've done differently rather than just whats bad

This thread is a good place for that.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Well then.

just post your photos

the only truly bad thing you can bring is a lovely attitude

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Mido posted:

just post your photos

the only truly bad thing you can bring is a lovely attitude

Yeah I'm not going to be annoyed at someone giving criticism, I'm probably going to look at photo's I've taken now in a year and go "wow I was poo poo"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Every once in a while I load up an old catalog in Lightroom and am horrified.

Select first image in folder, hold X.

Photo->Delete Rejects.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Well then.

If you are starting out then just shoot heaps and don't worry about avoiding cliches like sunset silhouettes because you need to know how that all works anyway.

Fremantle Port, July 2015 by Simon Deadman, on Flickr

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

deaders posted:

If you are starting out then just shoot heaps and don't worry about avoiding cliches like sunset silhouettes because you need to know how that all works anyway.

Fremantle Port, July 2015 by Simon Deadman, on Flickr

Sunset silhouettes seem really easy, shoot into/side on from the sun, expose for the sky, make the oranges/yellow/pinks more pronounced in lightroom, and maybe the shadows/darks too. Atleast thats what I did for those last 2 and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. If I was to do it again I'd do it when theres no clouds, and maybe pay more attention to following rule of thirds with the horizontal line of shrubs and trees. I literally bought a tripod and realised it was sunset so I decided to go to the bush across the road from the shops and see if i could find anything pretty.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

P6660085.jpg by Douglas Tiedt, on Flickr

P6660143.jpg by Douglas Tiedt, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Sunset silhouettes seem really easy, shoot into/side on from the sun, expose for the sky, make the oranges/yellow/pinks more pronounced in lightroom, and maybe the shadows/darks too. Atleast thats what I did for those last 2 and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. If I was to do it again I'd do it when theres no clouds, and maybe pay more attention to following rule of thirds with the horizontal line of shrubs and trees. I literally bought a tripod and realised it was sunset so I decided to go to the bush across the road from the shops and see if i could find anything pretty.

cool