Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Classtoise posted:

John is her ectobiological father.

You got that backwards, the Alpha Kids are paradox clones of themselves while the Beta kids are their children.

EDIT

That's why Dave and Rose kept calling her John's Hot Mom.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cabbit posted:

Okay, but, have you considered.. yes??

i'll meet you halfway and concede, for conciliatory purposes, a "maybe"

also

confirmed

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Enourmo posted:

also

confirmed

I absolutely need this in my life

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Enourmo posted:

also

confirmed

God drat.

e: wait I mean

:sbahj:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ah, a good, solid, meaty chunk of update.

Looks like the Davepeta scenario is breathing live into Davesprite's character after all.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Possibly the longest, least funny update in the History of Homestuck.

Jasprose and TWO SEPERATE Calliopes.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Oh Jade NOOOOOOOOO.

Don't kill Jade.

It makes perfect sense that MegaDaveSprite is willing to kill Lord English when Dave himself is not.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Like the salvaging of a scum-covered wwii destroyer from the slimy depths of its impromptu grave, dave/rose rises again.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Okay, so it's becoming increasingly obvious that these sprites and sprites^2 are all somehow going to merge and become the true Lord English.

But here's a thought: Tavros is going to be able to sneeze himself free once Lord English is formed thanks to his Cat Allergies. He's going to burst right out of Lord English's eyes (Which is why the eyes need to be replaced by pool balls).

This was all foreshadowed here: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007943 when Tavros flow out of one of the eye sockets in a giant island shaped like Lord English's head.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Homestuck is weird

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

WAR FOOT posted:

Possibly the longest, least funny update in the History of Homestuck.

Jasprose and TWO SEPERATE Calliopes.

It turns out, Homestuck is often things other than funny. And is a good story because of it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Where do you suppose Jake got the gun of Zillywhatever he's dancing around with in the background?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

That was a great update though. Finally hearing from Jade, Davepeta turns out to be pretty funny and cool, some interesting chat about ~sprite issues~.

Also a bunch of people seem to be suddenly regretting getting mad yesterday, which is hilarious. Like what did you THINK Hussie was going to do, just leave it at that and not have them have a fuckin feelings jam about it?

Well OK he's cut away from poo poo like that before and I honestly thought he was going to do it again, but it would be kind of silly to do that when we're like 7 updates from The Finale. Still, 6 years and a bazillion pages later and some people still don't trust the guy.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Where do you suppose Jake got the gun of Zillywhatever he's dancing around with in the background?

Here.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

He got them from back when they first crafted the zilly weapons during the trickster bizness

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cathead posted:

Well OK he's cut away from poo poo like that before and I honestly thought he was going to do it again, but it would be kind of silly to do that when we're like 7 updates from The Finale. Still, 6 years and a bazillion pages later and some people still don't trust the guy.

I would trust him, with my very life

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I refuse to believe this until it inevitably happens

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm starting to wonder how many Lord Englishes there are actually going to be.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

I'm starting to wonder how many Lord Englishes there are actually going to be.

Everyone is Lord English.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Other posted:

He got them from back when they first crafted the zilly weapons during the trickster bizness

Yes, but then they all (but one) got lost when Li'L Seb delivered them back into the past.

I've seen closeups of the Jade-sleeping panel and there are pictures as well as words on her note. Since alt!Calliope doesn't know about Jade's habits of tying string reminders, that pretty much has to be from Dave.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well, I like aspect chat because that stuff is interesting, and I'm glad the aspect duality thing got confirmed. I was worried that Hussie only even had an idea of what half the aspects meant and just didn't even think about the others, this update helped to assuage that fear. I'm guessing that Jade's note and reminder are about something that she and Calliope haven't talked about yet. Time shenanigans and all.

I'm also happy at the kind of person Davepeta turned out to be, still loving themself but not all in your face about it like Jasprose. It's certainly a cool concept, a new person who was created with two full sets of memories and experiences trying to figure themself out. Actually more than two. Come to think of it, Davepeta has got to have a lot more Nepeta memories than Dave memories. Above all else, though, I'm glad we got through an area with an incest threat level of RED unscathed. I had my hand on the eject lever all throughout, and it would have been a shame if I had to launch myself into the sun so close to the end.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yes, but then they all (but one) got lost when Li'L Seb delivered them back into the past.

???

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Jasprose is dumb as gently caress, Nepeta is a poo poo-tier waifu.

Sometime during the Omegapause I'll have to make a waifu tier list for Homestuck.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Color Printer posted:

I refuse to believe this until it inevitably happens

dude the very post you quoted said confirmed

its gonna happen hapen

dwi

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Reads yesterday's update*
WHAT WAS IN MY TEA!?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sometime during the Omegapause I'll have to make a waifu tier list for Homestuck.

Is Equius the number one waifu on your list? Because if not your list is poo poo.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is Equius the number one waifu on your list? Because if not your list is poo poo.

Equius is v moe.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

please do not wifeu Homestuck please thankyou

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This update ruled. I had my doubts about Davepeta but they're hilarious, and Jasprose is getting some interesting depth here, too.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Man I am going to have to dig into this humble pie because actually it turns out Davepetasprite is funny and cool. I just couldn't even imagine what a mashup of Nepeta and Dave would be like but that was pretty on the money and it seems like their psychologies weirdly compliment each other. I did find it a little weird Dave was down with Nepeta's interest in Karkat considering he was Future Dave whose interactions with Karkat were cut off and then went on to not interact with him much at all as Davesprite.

I'm also really curious why mixing Nepeta and Dave produced a desire to fight Lord English - I guess Davesprite has some inherited desire to be the hero and defeat the villain from being a Dave (especially since the alpha Daves he's known haven't been willing to step up, so it's a chance to be More Dave) and while Nepeta's shy about relationships she doesn't have any qualms about hunting, fighting or just getting out there and doing what she feels.

Davepeta kind of sounds like there's a Dave and Nepeta having a conversation in there and when they find some common ground they excitedly share it, and that's pretty fun. I still kind of want Dirk to separate them again at some point, and I'd certainly prefer them not to be annihilated in a foolhardy attack on Lord English. I could believe they're going to somehow mix up into a Lord English figure, from that crazy diagram, although I'm not sure to what end. Maybe once they've played whatever weird purpose they have in the plot they can revert to their independent selves.

So all the sprites are double-prototyped now, right? There's no more possible risk of sprite mergers?

Edit - I forgot Calliope(s) were even in that update. I wonder what's on that note?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 21, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i liked the bit about space players needing to be comfortable "waiting" for their moment. its got some nice significance for jade especially, considering it feels like she has spent half the story asleep or otherwise indisposed. and of course it plays into kanaya's past history of waiting for circumstances to align for her to use the matriorb.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

See this panel and the two following. Li'l Sebastian delivered all four Zilly weaponsets, but they all blew away on John's breeze, after which his hammer came back and bonked him on the head.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Dolash posted:

Man I am going to have to dig into this humble pie because actually it turns out Davepetasprite is funny and cool. I just couldn't even imagine what a mashup of Nepeta and Dave would be like but that was pretty on the money and it seems like their psychologies weirdly compliment each other. I did find it a little weird Dave was down with Nepeta's interest in Karkat considering he was Future Dave whose interactions with Karkat were cut off and then went on to not interact with him much at all as Davesprite.

Ok I think it's like, Davesprite didn't have any interaction with Karkat so whatever objection he would have is due to "not being homosexual" which I think it clear is not the case, but ALSO "he's" getting his impression of Karkat from Nepeta's memories which are a) going to be mostly positive and b) again as shown by both pre and post-retcon Dave, Karkat is the type of dude Dave can get along with.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

See this panel and the two following. Li'l Sebastian delivered all four Zilly weaponsets, but they all blew away on John's breeze, after which his hammer came back and bonked him on the head.

no that is only one zilly weapon, the hammer, the others are the deringer, Ahab's rifle (originally from Eridan) and I think echidna's quills?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dolash posted:

Davepeta kind of sounds like there's a Dave and Nepeta having a conversation in there and when they find some common ground they excitedly share it, and that's pretty fun. I still kind of want Dirk to separate them again at some point, and I'd certainly prefer them not to be annihilated in a foolhardy attack on Lord English. I could believe they're going to somehow mix up into a Lord English figure, from that crazy diagram, although I'm not sure to what end. Maybe once they've played whatever weird purpose they have in the plot they can revert to their independent selves.

You could argue that the merged being now has it's own distinct existence and it's own "soul" and seperating them out would leave you with, say, Dave, Nepeta and Davepeta. The bird's final fate is up in the air, really.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

no that is only one zilly weapon, the hammer, the others are the deringer, Ahab's rifle (originally from Eridan) and I think echidna's quills?

I got them confused. In that panel, the Beta kids' zilly weapons were blown away by the wind, but eventually came back to their rightful owners, one of whom (Jade) promptly dumped it again. The Alpha kids presumably have all the trickster stuff tucked away in their sylladexes.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I forgot how wonderful everything was. Trickster mode. Caliborn smashing the narative prompt. THAT MUSIC.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I got them confused. In that panel, the Beta kids' zilly weapons were blown away by the wind, but eventually came back to their rightful owners, one of whom (Jade) promptly dumped it again. The Alpha kids presumably have all the trickster stuff tucked away in their sylladexes.

No those aren't the Zilly weapons, is the thing, aside from the hammer.

Look ok

Jake managed to either obtain or create all the weapons the bunny had and sent them back in time to himself so he could send the fully armed bunny to Jade, on Calliope's instructions but the creation of the weapons was done offscreen and I'm not sure if he found them or alchemized them.

The 'original'/beta versions of the weapons were:
Jade created the rifle using a code Eridan sent her and dumped it because gently caress that guy. That rifle may or may not be the one the bunny had.
The wands were the quills of Echidna were given by E to Jade, then to John to perform the Scratch, then broken again by Dave on Derse's moon.
The Royal Deringer was fixed up by Hephaestus on Davesprite's request.

Again I'm not sure if those weapons underwent a timeloop to eventually somehow come into the bunny's possession or if Jake made 'copies' of them.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 21, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Does the word zilly just mean nothing to you!? You make me sick

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Wait a minute, this list is just Vriska written over and over again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Davepetasprite trying to roleplay-flirt with Jasprosesprite may be the Homestuckiest thing ever.