Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Josh Lyman posted:

Didn't some Republican admit recently that they basically liked Palin because they thought she was hot? Something along the lines of, "When she winked, you felt she was winking at you."

Bill Kristol, and that was back in 2008. He wrote a lot of articles single-handed back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

so what month are we in now?
September 17, 2008, but they aren't focusing on the financial crisis just yet.

They will after the 29th when Washington Mutual fails, Wachovia fails, and Congress rejects the bailout causing the Dow to fall 777 points.

Hiigaran0
Sep 8, 2011
Is the stream down for anyone else right now?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
^ guess it isn't just me!

the stream just had to mess up for me during an actually interesting interview with Tony Blair

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
When they throw up the #FAIL slide, that means it's for everyone. If it's an issue just for you, you get a more generic message on a black screen.

This was a very good interview, too. I've always appreciated how Jon Stewart can establish a casual tone to an interview but still throw proper, nuanced questions in there.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
gently caress CNN for their stupid debate gimmick. Also my stupid debate viewing party for picking CNN.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm sad that I missed Reformed Maverick. It was a brutal bit.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
lmbo at the old jews watching the debate

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Wow, it's pretty hilarious that people treated Sarah Palin and Barack Obama as peers during a brief period in 2008.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
I'd forgotten how amazing these florida focus groups were.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
This marathon reminds me that as big a joke Palin was, it was still McCain loving up and giving sane people every reason to not vote for their ticket. It was McCain being a petty and desperate rear end in a top hat.

VelvetRiver
Dec 1, 2014
Jon scolding Congress for taking two days for Rosh Hashanah was an excellent collection of well-deserved angry words.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/hc7e7c/jon-s-rosh-hashanah-rant

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
We just reached Palin reading all of the magazines.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Kristen Schaal should have been the new host

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That was a really good bit. "I can see where they tape Letterman from my apartment!" Glad I tuned in for the gold that is the month leading up to the election.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Kristen Schaal should have been the new host
This is a terrible opinion and you are a terrible person for having it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thank goodness Taco Bell stood up to their accountants.

I feel like City of Ember would have done much better in this current YA friendly movie market.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josh Lyman posted:

This is a terrible opinion and you are a terrible person for having it.

Yeah, I like Kristen Schaal but no way could she handle TDS.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Awright, we mining that rich vein of Palin.

Have we had "I've read newspapers" and "I can see Russia from my house" yet?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yes, now we're up to the Grandma saying *I don't like him because he is Arab* and McCain trying to handle -that-.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 21, 2015

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

John McCain died at some point during the Republican Primaries. He will be missed.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
McCain's gaffes are so bad they even make me feel embarrassed for him.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Oh they just made a joke referencing that lady that put the backwards B on her face claiming she was attacked by Barack supporters, man, I forgot all about that silliness.

This is even the first result in google for *Backwards B Lady* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Has McCain 'suspended' his campaign and gone to DC to get in the way of people trying to sort the financial crisis out yet?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Antti posted:

Has McCain 'suspended' his campaign and gone to DC to get in the way of people trying to sort the financial crisis out yet?

Yup, we're 5 days from the election now.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
John Oliver's ACORN piece is still :smith: as gently caress 7 years later.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Cool, they skipped election night, again, like they skipped election night 2006. What's the point in this marathon if you're not running the biggest milestone broadcasts?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

pwn posted:

Cool, they skipped election night, again, like they skipped election night 2006. What's the point in this marathon if you're not running the biggest milestone broadcasts?
I'm not sure the election night broadcasts actually film late enough to discuss the results.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm not sure the election night broadcasts actually film late enough to discuss the results.

If I recall they usually have election night specials that run just late enough to have a good idea who won.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Josh Lyman posted:

It was a live show that ran during the results. I'm guessing there's some kind of rights issue with the live episodes?

Holy poo poo, Sasha and Malia were tiny in 2008.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Holograms!

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I remember them actually announcing Obama was the president on the show.

At least we're getting CNN holograms

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I could listen to that dog gobble balls all day.(sarcasm)

pwn
May 27, 2004

Kro-Bar posted:

It was a live show that ran during the results. I'm guessing there's some kind of rights issue with the live episodes?

Holy poo poo, Sasha and Malia were tiny in 2008.
I think it's just not running guest-hosted or co-hosted episodes. Like a blanket thing and nobody's actually thinking.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
As much as I'm enjoying this stream, it's making me feel old as balls. :smith: Was 2008 that long ago? What do you mean it's already 2015? There's a Playstation 4 now? Why am I so old?!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

EndOfTheWorld posted:

As much as I'm enjoying this stream, it's making me feel old as balls. :smith: Was 2008 that long ago? What do you mean it's already 2015? There's a Playstation 4 now? Why am I so old?!

In 2008 I was still living at my mother's house. I can't believe I moved away so long ago.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Man, I always forget how funny Richard Belzer is - I'm so used to him just being a grizzled cop.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

COOL CORN posted:

Man, I always forget how funny Richard Belzer is - I'm so used to him just being a grizzled cop.

... Wow. I am...

Why the hell did I think it was Nimoy?! :psyduck:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Much as I hate to admit it, Bush's not wrong. The financial collapse is the result of policies going back all the way to the late 70s.

gently caress him for everything else though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wow. I would like to see Stewart/Dubya as the new Frost/Nixon. That would be a great post-TDS event.

Although Stewart/Cheney would probably be more substantive.

• Locked thread