Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I...what?
Hot Toys 1/6 Scale Millenium Falcon

quote:

We thought Hot Toys hit their limit with the 1/6 scale TIE Fighter they had on display the other week at San Diego Comic-Con, but clearly we were all wrong. Collectors with an extra 18-feet diameter space to fill (like a double garage or something as such) will be happy to know that the Hong Kong based toy makers have just announced the appearance of a 1/6 scale Millennium Falcon at the Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong (July 24 – 28)!
I'm so glad I got out of 1/6 scale figures years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Call me when they make a 1/6 scale Death Star.

Just thinking about the logistics, wouldn't a 1/6 Falcon be like the size of a Smart car, at least?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
...isn't that going to cost like 20,000 dollars at that scale? I...I....WHAT THE gently caress?! :psyduck:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

My mind literally can't wrap around that concept.

Will it open up so you can play inside it like the Kenner one? Or is it just going to be hollow with a drop ramp and the cockpit? I mean, gently caress, can I open it up and just live in it?

EDIT: That's going to be 5.73m (18.73ft) by 4.27m (14.00ft), holy christ.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 20, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably just for promotion. They also made a scale Bat (the plane) from Dark Knight Rises for a show before, but the one they released is much smaller.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If they put out a 1/6 scale Falcon youre gonna need a double-wide parking garage to hold it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Karnith posted:

I actually just visited my local B&N and bought a few SH Figuarts - they had Piccolo, Androids 16 and 17, SS Gohan, and some other stuff I really didn't care about (Naruto and Sailor Moon, I think?), so there is hope!

EDIT: Though not so much hope on Frieza, Perfect Cell, or any of the other exclusives.

Getting 17 is a bit of a stretch back, you're lucky to find him. Otherwise Piccolo/SS Gohan/SS Goku are regular releases so they get re-issues about once a year. Cell/Frieza/Broly/Vegeta, no hope for a B&N pick up at this point. :(

SS Vegeta and Trunks like I said are getting a new version at the end of the year though.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Getting 17 is a bit of a stretch back, you're lucky to find him. Otherwise Piccolo/SS Gohan/SS Goku are regular releases so they get re-issues about once a year. Cell/Frieza/Broly/Vegeta, no hope for a B&N pick up at this point. :(

SS Vegeta and Trunks like I said are getting a new version at the end of the year though.

Frieza's new form is getting a release too.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My buddy finally found a Funko Rocketeer, and it broke immediately upon opening. He said the quality is very poor, from the pins to the paint to the plastic itself. I'm so disappointed, but not really surprised.

My only issue with it was that the ball joint the swappable head is on is so tight that it comes out with the head 100% of the time and I need to use pliers to remove it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, I was possibly quite a bit tooled up when I saw that email and maybe had a few too many. But my original invoice said "your card will be charged $84.01" which is what got me confused. So after 15 minutes on hold with EE they apologized for not fulfilling the cancellation but as it had shipped they said there was no way to redirect the package. Which is bullshit, I had a Fedex package redirected with ease in the past. Anyways, their apology was to refund the $16.95 shipping charge which brings it back down to the original $84 invoice. So now that's below what I can get the item for through Diamond so I guess it worked out in the end.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Frieza's new form is getting a release too.

There are an absurd amount of new releases, I was only referring to the effective re-issues.

There is also Ultimate Gohan, Awakening Goku ( When he first goes Super Saiyan on Namek ), Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, and Golden Frieza ( Like you said ).

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

There are an absurd amount of new releases, I was only referring to the effective re-issues.

There is also Ultimate Gohan, Awakening Goku ( When he first goes Super Saiyan on Namek ), Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, and Golden Frieza ( Like you said ).

Ah, see I don't really care about DBZ, but I'm always happy to share info if I have it.

Great news for DBZ fans though, I'm sure :)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Joe Fisto posted:

Picked this badboy up off ebay.

God drat. I remember picking him out at a Bradlees in 1984.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Okay, I was possibly quite a bit tooled up when I saw that email and maybe had a few too many. But my original invoice said "your card will be charged $84.01" which is what got me confused. So after 15 minutes on hold with EE they apologized for not fulfilling the cancellation but as it had shipped they said there was no way to redirect the package. Which is bullshit, I had a Fedex package redirected with ease in the past. Anyways, their apology was to refund the $16.95 shipping charge which brings it back down to the original $84 invoice. So now that's below what I can get the item for through Diamond so I guess it worked out in the end.

Your story keeps reminding me to order this set, and I still keep forgetting.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Cheesus posted:

I...what?
Hot Toys 1/6 Scale Millenium Falcon

I'm so glad I got out of 1/6 scale figures years ago.

And yet to this day, nobody has made one properly to scale with the classic Star Wars figures. It would only need to be around 5 or 6 feet long. Maybe "reasonable" is the wrong word, but the average nerd cave could contain it!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Ah, see I don't really care about DBZ, but I'm always happy to share info if I have it.

Great news for DBZ fans though, I'm sure :)

You opened Pandora's Box. :v:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

You opened Pandora's Box. :v:

That's to be expected, I don't believe in MIB toys :D

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Yeah they were awful. I think I paid $20 for the boxed set back then and I still felt ripped off.

Ah the days where you weren't charged ridiculous prices for mass market toys. What a strange time.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I finally got my Guardians boxset. I don't think it is worth what I paid for it but I am pretty happy with everything they put in it. I am really happy with the Drax improvements and the Gamora is pretty nice except for the poncho.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

I finally got my Guardians boxset. I don't think it is worth what I paid for it but I am pretty happy with everything they put in it. I am really happy with the Drax improvements and the Gamora is pretty nice except for the poncho.

I was really torn about ordering it because I already own two of the figures, didn't find the new Groot head to be worth it (plus who needs two almost identical groots?), and was expecting different colored outfits for the rest of the characters. I am really keen on picking up a loose Gamora though, but man I could not justify that 100 dollar price tag (after discount). I hope I don't regret it...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Went to one of the Walgreens today to see the new exclusives. Didn't see them there, but saw Black Cat and Beetle who I never see in the Green Goblin line that every other figure is still everywhere. Also saw the White Boba Fett, but didn't need him.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rirse posted:

Went to one of the Walgreens today to see the new exclusives. Didn't see them there, but saw Black Cat and Beetle who I never see in the Green Goblin line that every other figure is still everywhere. Also saw the White Boba Fett, but didn't need him.
What are the Walgreens exclusives? And is today their expected "street date" or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

What are the Walgreens exclusives? And is today their expected "street date" or something?

The WG Ant-Man started hitting shelves two weeks ago.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

The WG Ant-Man started hitting shelves two weeks ago.

And I guess there also a Yellow Costume Daredevil out there too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

And I guess there also a Yellow Costume Daredevil out there too.

I haven't seen anybody actually find him out there yet. I regularly pass about 6 WGs but I haven't stopped to look.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
He's not out until a little later in the year I believe.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yep, fall release

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Isn't ML Valkyrie a Walgreens exclusive, too?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Nope. She's part of the Hulkbuster series which is being released now. Blackant and First Appearance Daredevil are the only Walgreens exclusives.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/07/just-how-big-is-hot-toys-millennium-falcon-this-big/

God drat that's huge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holy fuckballs.

The only way this would work would be to sell it it chunks right? I mean, the cockpit is going to be for sale isn't it?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think they are going to only sell the cockpit.

Honestly, I dunno even know if they are going to sell the 1/6th scale TIEs they have.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Holy fuckballs.

The only way this would work would be to sell it it chunks right? I mean, the cockpit is going to be for sale isn't it?

Yeah theres no way they'll sell the whole thing, if the Bat was impractical and that was barely bigger than the Tumbler/89 Batmobile, then theres no way.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's just for displays.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
In the Rebelscum forums, people are hypothesizing that there are no "innards".

In addition to the stand-alone cockpit, they also are releasing a stand-alone "lounge" area diorama set:
http://www.rebelscum.com/2015/Hot-Toys-Ani-Com-and-Games-Hong-Kong/image3.asp

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys has a new Drax prototype at whatever show is going on right now. I can finally (in like a year and a half) complete the team.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

They're also showing a new Nick Fury and an AoU Quicksilver.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think I'm skipping Quicksilver. His outfit is super boring and it's not like he can have any accessories.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I think I'm skipping Quicksilver. His outfit is super boring and it's not like he can have any accessories.

Yeah, I can't think of a reason to buy Mr. Tennis Shoes and Fingerless Gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Rage posted:

Yeah, I can't think of a reason to buy Mr. Tennis Shoes and Fingerless Gloves

he's more of an accessory himself than an actual character.