Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

1stGear posted:

Great whites are way, way bigger, have solid black eyes, and any diver who valued his life wouldn't be diving out in the open around a great white.

Maybe it's just a good white and he's working his way up the ladder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

That looks like a great white shark though. And great whites are one of the species that have to stay mobile.

Nah. Great whites are wayyy bigger than that. It's probably a bull shark, they have those distinctive cat-like eyes.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

That looks like a great white shark though. And great whites are one of the species that have to stay mobile.

It's a Silky according to the source video and they can sit still for a while

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

1stGear posted:

Great whites are way, way bigger, have solid black eyes, and any diver who valued his life wouldn't be diving out in the open around a great white.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

More of this please? :ohdear:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That's not cute at all.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Samovar posted:

That's not cute at all.

I think it is!

As for the owls, videos like that come from people who are wildlife rehabbers (or volunteering with them) and they are usually raised by humans and/or are disabled, and so aren't suitable to be released back into the wildlife. These birds become "wildlife ambassadors" so that people like you and me can pet an owl in real life. Check your local zoo or conservation center to find out if you, too, can scritch an owl.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

This is my cat, Pixie. She's a full grown adult and still the size of your average adolescent kitten. She's completely blind and an angry loaf most of the time but she likes to remind us how pretty she is whenever she hears a camera!

Faerie Fortune has a new favorite as of 11:59 on Jul 21, 2015

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Requesting guinea pigs, or as I know them now, mini-baras.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Sure, no problem. :)

(how can you refuse a face like this? she got some chicory)

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

This is actually how guinea pigs reproduce, the shed hair coalesces into a new pig.

Ah, the wonders of life.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Holy poo poo my heart

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Faerie Fortune posted:

This is my cat, Pixie. She's a full grown adult and still the size of your average adolescent kitten. She's completely blind and an angry loaf most of the time but she likes to remind us how pretty she is whenever she hears a camera!

Good heavens :kimchi: What a pretty little kitty.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IndustrialApe posted:

Sure, no problem. :)

(how can you refuse a face like this? she got some chicory)

Not pictured: Furious wheeking over the indignity they're presently suffering. Or because they want food. Or heard a plastic bag rustle somewhere in the next room and that means VEGGIES :byodood:

More piggies please.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Ties (the black boar) is the most relaxed guinea pig ever, Aagje (the one in the bowl) is the most vocal and whistles loudly when I put the keys in the door after a days work. Esk, the curly texel, is a great puzzle solver

They're actually all quite chill when groomed, just don't try to clean Aagje her ears. :)

I leave you with a family portrait from when we had four (Bo, on the right was blind as a bat):

DONT TOUCH THE PC has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Jul 21, 2015

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Wanna scratch that chin :3:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IndustrialApe posted:

Ties (the black boar) is the most relaxed guinea pig ever, Aagje (the one in the bowl) is the most vocal and whistles loudly when I put the keys in the door after a days work. Esk, the curly texel, is a great puzzle solver
They're actually all quite chill when groomed, just don't try to clean Aagje her ears. :)
I leave you with a family portrait from when we had four (Bo, on the right was blind as a bat):

Adorable!
I'll try to get pictures later but I have one little girl that is a huge ball of energy and loves to be pet and held but the older male is a teddy and loathes being touched unless you trap him in a towel and force him to hang out on your lap. He's a weirdo and we think he used to be in an abusive home :(

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Thanks, Esk and Aagje are from a shelter and were found in a cardboard box in a ditch with 2 others. They've grown out of that episode, thankfully.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Adorable!
I'll try to get pictures later but I have one little girl that is a huge ball of energy and loves to be pet and held but the older male is a teddy and loathes being touched unless you trap him in a towel and force him to hang out on your lap. He's a weirdo and we think he used to be in an abusive home :(

Some animals are just like that. I had dwarf hamsters when I was about 14-15, they never accepted being handled despite a year or more of effort and would repeatedly bite anything that they didn't recognise. They were tiny little balls of speedy fluff and furious violence.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IndustrialApe posted:

Thanks, Esk and Aagje are from a shelter and were found in a cardboard box in a ditch with 2 others. They've grown out of that episode, thankfully.

Poor piggies :ohdear:.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGgxk-f_R0s

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

insufficient amount of rockets and bullets flying around 2 out of 10.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Something that popped up on my tumblr - a retirement house for dogs: http://app.siz.io/stories/dog-retirement-home

Webpage here: https://housewithaheart.com/

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

goatface posted:

They were tiny little balls of speedy fluff and furious violence.

I'm pretty sure that's the dictionary definition of a dwarf hamster.

They're sure cute though! So round.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm just wondering how they manage to fit those balls into their wetsuits, not to mention swim.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

SplitSoul posted:

I'm just wondering how they manage to fit those balls into their wetsuits, not to mention swim.

Silky sharks are pretty docile (people aren't "food shaped" so they ignore us) and the diver's in a chainmail suit just in case.

The other guy? :iiam: but that's something I'd put on my bucket list if I had a terminal illness.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Further proof that humans exist to provide scratches to animals who normally can't get them.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

The fact

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

=/t/tr/

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
:shobon:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PoptartsNinja posted:

Silky sharks are pretty docile (people aren't "food shaped" so they ignore us) and the diver's in a chainmail suit just in case.

The other guy? :iiam: but that's something I'd put on my bucket list if I had a terminal illness.

And sharks are "shark shaped", so it's really a moot point.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

That stoat is clearly hovering. 1/10 would not rhyme again.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

SplitSoul posted:

And sharks are "shark shaped", so it's really a moot point.

This silly little fellow is a Wobbegong shark. It's got a cute little frilly beard and has a name that's fun to say. Wobbegong. They chill out on the seafloor and don't bother people.

This majestic gent is a whale shark. He's huge, has pretty spots, and eats krill. They swim around calmly and don't bother people.

This is a called a chain dogfish, but its a shark too! They're small and couldn't bother people if they wanted to.

Sharks aren't all torpedo shaped death machines, and even the torpedo shaped ones don't really want to eat you. Most shark "attacks" are sharks just trying to figure out what humans are. Since the sharks only way to manipulate its environment happens to be its mouth, this generally tends to not work out well for the human. That being said, given the number of people in the ocean every day of the year and the relative rarity of shark "attacks" it should be pretty obvious that sharks aren't out to get you.

I know its not traditionally "cute," but I was obsessed with sharks as a kid and still think they're pretty rad in a lot of ways:kimchi:

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

grumplestiltzkin posted:

This silly little fellow is a Wobbegong shark. It's got a cute little frilly beard and has a name that's fun to say. Wobbegong. They chill out on the seafloor and don't bother people.

...where all the women are strong, all the bulls are good looking, and all the pups are above average.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
My mom works at a school so I'm taking care of their bearded dragon over the summer.

Taking a peek out the box used for the journey from school to apartment

Don't let this movie give you any bad ideas.

Training for next year's evo. Naturally plays as Reptile in Mortal Kombat.

Sleeping on my beer belly while the power's out from a storm.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

More tiny dinosaur adventures TIA

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Gammatron 64 posted:

My mom works at a school so I'm taking care of their bearded dragon over the summer.

Taking a peek out the box used for the journey from school to apartment

Don't let this movie give you any bad ideas.

Training for next year's evo. Naturally plays as Reptile in Mortal Kombat.

Sleeping on my beer belly while the power's out from a storm.

Bearded dragons are the puppies of the reptile world.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

goatface posted:

Some animals are just like that. I had dwarf hamsters when I was about 14-15, they never accepted being handled despite a year or more of effort and would repeatedly bite anything that they didn't recognise. They were tiny little balls of speedy fluff and furious violence.

Yeah, I had regular hamsters as a kid and one of them bit the everloving poo poo out of anything that moved, including her brother. Now rats, I've never had an uncool rat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kannonfodder posted:

More tiny dinosaur adventures TIA

Yeah I want more adventures from your fire-breathing friend there too, Gammatron :allears:.

• Locked thread