Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is there a quick way of checking for random baronies outside of your control or do you have to go through every county individually?

There will be a second coat of arms floating above the county.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

TheMcD posted:

Use the little province looking button that pops up at the top of the menu when you select a province to check regions, which apparently is what the decision checks now. Alternatively, you might be missing a barony somewhere, which is a common stumbling block for "control all of X" requirements.

According to that, everything in India is under my control.

Swedish Horror posted:

I hovered over all the counties and didn't see any with multiples, and all the ones with a coat of arms over them that I did check were 100% mine.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Swedish Horror posted:

:aaaaa:

This is like when I learned in thread about box selecting boats

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I have never seen the reincarnation event occur so :shrug:

I had it happen to one of my sons just today, too bad I am a republic and I won't be selecting that little uggo as my heir.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Once they balance and shake out the bugs I think this might be the best expansion.

It's really cool that Paradox made conquest actually matter. Once catholic rulers have stability and consolidation they really have no reason to expand other than prestige, and expansion is really risky. Makes for really boring inertia after a while.

As a nomad you literally can't survive without wide-ranging conquest. Pagans and tribal had some of that, but most of them had decent land, or good places to raid.

If you stay on the steppes you will die to a rival, and that's exciting.

Edit: also my nation of choice in Mount and Blade was always Khergit so there is that.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 21, 2015

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Horse Lords has honestly sold me on the idea of adding China to CKII. At this point we're so far from being able to claim that the scope is only "the crusader kings" that it's like, gently caress it, just do it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It's definitely in my top 2 dlc with Old Gods, and may be my number 1 but too early to tell

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Confused about playing in tribal Ireland 769 start. Says I need max tribal organization to reform, but there are no tribal laws under my laws. I also took the 'Become King of Ireland' ambition, but I don't have the subjugation CB against anyone, just 'make tributary'. Are catholic tribals screwed up?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Subjugation CB is pagan only, dunno about the laws thing though.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Fintilgin posted:

Confused about playing in tribal Ireland 769 start. Says I need max tribal organization to reform, but there are no tribal laws under my laws. I also took the 'Become King of Ireland' ambition, but I don't have the subjugation CB against anyone, just 'make tributary'. Are catholic tribals screwed up?

Subjugation is a Pagan thing.
You must have a Ducal level title to change crown laws; as a Count you also can't change centralisation, etc.

Ireland got screwed, royally.
Tutorial isle is now really bad. It was always really slow and needed x5, but now it's just atrocious.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Tutorial island has always been 1066 Ireland, anything else is brutal for a first timer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Charlemagne Ireland, also known as "Pictland's house extension."

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Eh, I'm doing a 769 Ireland as Dublin and it's not exceedingly hard. It's only 800 and I could reform to feudalism if I chose to, which I won't (yet) because then all of the tribals in Ireland will hate my guts and also because I still have plenty of raiding to do.

Seriously, I have more money than I can spend just by cracking open all of the churches around me like clockwork every few years. Who knows what it'll be like when I get enough ships to take on Rome. The Moral Authority hit made everything even better, two counts got taken over by heretics and I gobbled them up basically for free.

Getting a second county is extremely useful, because you need to give it to any claimants you find. Getting CBs is super hard to do in Catholic Tribal Ireland.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
There really should be a penalty for raiding churches as a catholic lol.

"Don't mind me holy father, I am just doing more damage to Catholicism than the Muslims."

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
Is there some secret to getting more men in my court as a merchant republic? While reading up on them I keep seeing people post about having hundreds of trade posts very quickly, buy I've been playing for 200 years and only have about 30. I've been arranging marriages mostly with lustful women with fertile education traits with a few quick or genius women to try to breed better rulers.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

There really should be a penalty for raiding churches as a catholic lol.

"Don't mind me holy father, I am just doing more damage to Catholicism than the Muslims."

It does cause a MA penalty, although it's the same as the penalty for getting churches raided by anyone else.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

SelenicMartian posted:

What if the Cadaver Synod event backfires and one of the defendants proves himself to be innocent?

He's a damned corpse? How is he supposed to successfully defend himself?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It does cause a MA penalty, although it's the same as the penalty for getting churches raided by anyone else.

I think he means that priests/the Pope/whoever should get a negative opinion modifier of you for doing it or something. Some drawback to a Catholic raiding their own religion's churches beyond lowering MA.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Groogy posted:

He very successfully pleads the 5th.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Groogy posted:

Surprise witness.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Autonomous Monster posted:

And then after that we can get an expansion fleshing out all the religions that haven't been fleshed out yet. :getin:

Flavor for Suomenusko or Slavic? Over my dead body :black101:
Romuva is cool though

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Groogy posted:

I've delved into the paradox forums, and I'm not sure that's something you should be offering

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Romuva encourages me to make New Old Prussia. Therefore Romuva requires more flavor.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm trying to mod decadence. Does anyone know what DEMESNE_FRACTION_MULT_POS and DEMESNE_FRACTION_MULT_NEG under NDecadence in defines.lua do?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
The pagans in the need of the most love are West Africans. Mali in general is just a worthless place with no flavor or reason to exist. Idjil is also the most useless province in the game. Seriously why is it there?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Vassal games are kind of funny, because your ruler will do all kinds of poo poo to try and keep you happy. I picked the Duke of Holland under Karl, just intending to do my own thing, maybe try and become King of Frisia, and he wound up giving me two French vassals and, for a short while, designating me as his heir. I would have stabbed, but the temptation of weeding out the Karlings entirely was outweighed by my not actually wanting to be the blob.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

So I started a game as the High Chieftess of Kiev because tributaries make tribals really really fun to play now and I became both Lunatic and Possessed.

All hail High Chieftess Dobrava, slayer of Cthulhu and lover of horses.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So I'm playing a Feudal and got subjugated by a Nomadic Khaganate. It seems like it's going to be really, really hard to break away. Nomad armies are just ridiculous. Any suggestions?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Odobenidae posted:

Eh, I'm doing a 769 Ireland as Dublin and it's not exceedingly hard. It's only 800 and I could reform to feudalism if I chose to, which I won't (yet) because then all of the tribals in Ireland will hate my guts and also because I still have plenty of raiding to do.

Seriously, I have more money than I can spend just by cracking open all of the churches around me like clockwork every few years. Who knows what it'll be like when I get enough ships to take on Rome. The Moral Authority hit made everything even better, two counts got taken over by heretics and I gobbled them up basically for free.

Getting a second county is extremely useful, because you need to give it to any claimants you find. Getting CBs is super hard to do in Catholic Tribal Ireland.

They changed the way it works and you can upgrade your other holdings for free once reforming. Your vassals can too. And if they don't, just revoke it for zero tyranny hit because they're disgusting tribals.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Corbeau posted:

So I'm playing a Feudal and got subjugated by a Nomadic Khaganate. It seems like it's going to be really, really hard to break away. Nomad armies are just ridiculous. Any suggestions?

You really have to hope they get bled a bit and spend a lot of prestige/gold rebuilding. Clan revolts or other khaganates fighting them are your best bet. Khan on Khan wars can be loving brutal because you really need to smash the other guys army up due to not much territory to hold.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Convert to EUIV, that is the proper time-frame for breaking the Tatar yoke.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Groogy posted:

Romuva is cool though

I was thinking Manichean and Yadziki, actually, but Slavic can come too. :colbert:

Also, what the gently caress is this about :

Galle posted:

It gets better! Government types aren't saved properly. They're recalculated when the game is loaded.

Argh.

Government being dynamically evaluated instead of statically defined and manipulated with "set_government_type =" commands is making it a modding nightmare.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Also amusing from my vassal game: I'm a True Christian Knight that owns the Necronomicon. :catholic::hf::cthulhu:

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Solemn Sloth posted:

:aaaaa:

This is like when I learned in thread about box selecting boats

Wait what?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Green Wing posted:

Wait what?

Hold alt to select boats only

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Turns out there was one barony in the middle of nowhere I missed that was independent, and I'm now the emperor of all India. It's a shame nicknames can't change - history will forever remember the first emperor of India as the "Ill-Ruler" because of huge revolt 30 years earlier.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

There should be a decision to remove/choose your nickname for a bunch of prestige.

Like you'd think someone would be able to pull a better moniker than "Fat" after 50 years of brutal conquest.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Trying to get SPQR and it's pretty obnoxious that after taking over Mauritania I have to spend another 40 years or so weeding out the Bektashi Order one barony at a time and each war takes at least 3 years because all their actual troops are God knows where deep in Persia or something. Is there any reason I can't press multiple county claims against the same enemy at once?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Trying to get SPQR and it's pretty obnoxious that after taking over Mauritania I have to spend another 40 years or so weeding out the Bektashi Order one barony at a time and each war takes at least 3 years because all their actual troops are God knows where deep in Persia or something. Is there any reason I can't press multiple county claims against the same enemy at once?

There should just be an "Expel" casus belli against holy orders you don't control in your land, where you take all their holdings if they resist and lose against you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tercio posted:

Ok, so it does genuinely sound like something's wrong. I played as Khiva from 1066 because I wanted to have some time to learn/play with the Silk Road then see the Mongols pop up naturally. I was actually *hoping* to get conquered and the invasion went off like a wet fart. Very disappointing.
I wonder if this is a prestige issue. I don't have Horse Lords yet, so I don't know what (if anything) changed with cb's, but I ran an observer game just now and I noticed the Mongols were just chilling around after one war because they needed like 500 prestige to start the next one. Are you playing ironman? If not, could you try consoling over to whoever's leading your mongols and dumping a bunch of prestige in his lap? I'm genuinely curious to know how the piles of GH/Ilkhanate event troops interact with the new nomad dynamics

• Locked thread