Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well both Esoterics and Alex normal have weekly limits, so you can be doing both for multiple jobs.

Edit: Also just going to post it in the thread in case people missed it in notes: There's an NPC named Goodly Adventurer next to the Idleshire Aeytheryte who ports you to Hinterlands.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
New Frontline map is crazy. Lots of changing battle sites, and the 72 man doesn't feel as dumb as slaughter was.

If nothing else, it's as good for capping quickly as it ever was.

[5:38]You obtain 50 Allagan tomestones of law.
[5:38]You obtain 20 Allagan tomestones of esoterics.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So Esoteric weapons are just straight up Esoterics only, no Goblin Tomestone attached. However the upgrade item for weapons is it's own thing now, and going by the fact buying from the vendor takes Page 4, probably drops in A4 Savage.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Just about everything end game drops some amount of esoterics. The EXDR dungeons themselves drop 40, so it's 6 EXDRs to hit 450 esoterics a week.

god drat law drops like manna from the heavens now. I actually feel incentivized to finish leveling some poo poo to 60 so I can dump excess law into it. Good timing for a patch, since my interest was juuust waning and I was ready to wait for 3.1 :v:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Think the patch notes confirm that I'm raising DRG and probably ditching MNK for awhile.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The boost to the combo finishers is awesome.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/ddd446ed8ff/

:iiam: where it comes from.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

meet your new best friend

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Faust Savage is like a 7k raid dps check. :eyepop:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Can someone explain the new Fishing abilities to me? They're nearly inexplicable. Is there a difference between Precision and Powerful hooksets?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

bonewitch posted:

Faust Savage is like a 7k raid dps check. :eyepop:

Really 7k? Wow YoshiP busting out the :gitgud: right away.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

People are doing FATEs in the new areas... and... they're worth doing!!

:vince:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Axle_Stukov posted:

Really 7k? Wow YoshiP busting out the :gitgud: right away.

We enraged with 6.5k or so and wiped at 1%, it's a brutal dps check in this gear

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Minrad posted:

New Frontline map is crazy. Lots of changing battle sites, and the 72 man doesn't feel as dumb as slaughter was.

If nothing else, it's as good for capping quickly as it ever was.

I've never done PVP in this game but I may now because savage alex isn't really a thing for me. Is it hard to start doing? I.E. do I need to craft/buy some PVP gear like in WoW, or can I just wade right in using my PVE gear?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Pierson posted:

I've never done PVP in this game but I may now because savage alex isn't really a thing for me. Is it hard to start doing? I.E. do I need to craft/buy some PVP gear like in WoW, or can I just wade right in using my PVE gear?

For frontlines, you can wade in wearing whatever and everything is ilvl synced. For wolves den, which is bad and nobody does, you need pvp gear, but nobody does it.

The advantage to PvP gear in frontlines is that none of it has accuracy, as spells can't miss in PvP.

Minera fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 21, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why isn't the version of Dragonsong with the piano that's in like 1/2 of the cutscenes in 3.0 on YouTube?

All I can find is covers

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Coerthas FATEs seem to be about ~800k xp an hour...? I'm level 58, though, so that figure is higher if anyone's doing them in hinterlands/mists/asyz lla, probably.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Poultron posted:

Can someone explain the new Fishing abilities to me? They're nearly inexplicable. Is there a difference between Precision and Powerful hooksets?

Roughly, patience 1 and 2 radically boost hq chance while lowering the chance to pull fish in I think. While using patience you can use either precision or powerful hooksets and they will somewhat ameliorate the catching debuff. According to nerds elsewhere, you want to use precision when the controller vibrates once and powerful when it vibrates twice, which is useless advice to me as a keyboard user so I've just been assuming that the light and medium tugs are precision and the big tugs are powerful. I have no loving idea what snagging does other than make some fish available (for example, you need it to get pieces of blue cloud coral in sea of clouds) and you also turn it on to catch maps. Haven't done it myself yet but according to :siren:the internet:siren: you use it next to bodies of water to locate hidden fishing locations or some such.

Barraiya
Jun 3, 2010
I just grabbed a copy of A Realm Reborn/Heavensward on disc.
Its all setup and is (slowly) dowloading a 13GB patch through the launcher.

My concern is the patch is dated 27/5/2014. How many more of these things am I going to have to download on my lovely Australian net connection before I can play?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Barraiya posted:

My concern is the patch is dated 27/5/2014. How many more of these things am I going to have to download on my lovely Australian net connection before I can play?

13GB is (about) the total size of the patches, the date is just the particular file it's on at the moment.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

bonewitch posted:

We enraged with 6.5k or so and wiped at 1%, it's a brutal dps check in this gear

Here's our faust parse just cause chyea hasn't posted his groups yet, this was our post-enrage clear

also grats to elysium for world 2nd

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Man Faust is gonna be insane.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Patience, when properly used along with the two Hookset skills, makes catching mooch / double mooch fish much less of a hassle. As long as that mechanic continues to exist it is the Best Skill.

I have no idea why they bothered making Chum into a skill though.

I use Chum when I'm trying to catch a lot of fish and don't care about quality, like Hundred Fins or Blue Cloud Coral.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What are the drop rate for atmas? I'm getting ready to set time aside to fate grind

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Man, the new AF2 PLD set seems loaded up with Parry! The full set (with sword/shield):

At i200/i210
STR: 501/544
ACC: 176/193
CRIT: 147/163
DET: 170/188
SS: 63/70
VIT: 524/576
Parry: 220/241

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

RC Cola posted:

What are the drop rate for atmas? I'm getting ready to set time aside to fate grind

Absurd

Barraiya
Jun 3, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

13GB is (about) the total size of the patches, the date is just the particular file it's on at the moment.

Thank God for that.
(Just noticed I left out the fact that its the PS4 version.)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Desynth is back with a vengeance :shepicide:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Jia posted:

Absurd

How many days am I looking at?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Desynth is back with a vengeance :shepicide:

gently caress desynth and whoever thought of the bastard thing

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

RC Cola posted:

How many days am I looking at?

A couple hours depending on luck.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

bonewitch posted:

Here's our faust parse just cause chyea hasn't posted his groups yet, this was our post-enrage clear

also grats to elysium for world 2nd

I knew SMN was better than I played it and had gotten some love in heavensward but wow, Ill have to take another look at the class.

Also DRG buffs on the positional finisher!! :toot: I love the new drg rotation, trying to sneak as many Geirskogul in as possible without letting blood of the dragon drop is a metagame in itself, trying to get that 1,2,3 out the door with 10 seconds on the clock while dodging AOEs without losing potency makes you feel like a dps superstar. Looking forward to Spikyarmor 2.0

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
To anyone that wants the physical ce with the statutes and books and whatnot, Amazon has both the ps3 and ps4 versions back in stock as brand new. I'm tempted, but I already have the non-ce version for the only system I can use and can't justify basically spending that much on the statute alone

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Spaceman Future! posted:

I knew SMN was better than I played it and had gotten some love in heavensward but wow, Ill have to take another look at the class.

Also DRG buffs on the positional finisher!! :toot: I love the new drg rotation, trying to sneak as many Geirskogul in as possible without letting blood of the dragon drop is a metagame in itself, trying to get that 1,2,3 out the door with 10 seconds on the clock while dodging AOEs without losing potency makes you feel like a dps superstar. Looking forward to Spikyarmor 2.0

His DPS is kinda inflated due to adds spawning but without add dps he's still up there with the melee

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
So if I Only did EXDR, it would take 6 days to cap esoterics? What if I threw in frontlines and trials? Or even just extra EXDR runs?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

abraham linksys posted:

So, if you're not doing Savage, is the Esoterics gear kind of the last grind until 3.1? Like, Esoterics gear is all better than the story Alexander gear, so the only reason to run Alexander at this point is if you like the way that set looks, I guess? This is all confusing.

Basically, yes. In fact upgraded Esoterics gear is probably going to be the best gear available until 3.2, as in the content model to date, odd-numbered patches have been "catch-up" patches.

You're limited in how much Esoterics you get a week, though, so Alex normal will help fill that in.

I didn't anticipate Esoterics being that much more powerful than Alex normal, though. That is one gently caress of a power spike we're seeing at 60 at this point. :stare:

Farg posted:

So if I Only did EXDR, it would take 6 days to cap esoterics? What if I threw in frontlines and trials? Or even just extra EXDR runs?

Actual clears of Fractal/Reap will provide Esoterics too, so it's more like four days. If you do EXDR and Trial consistently, which takes less than an hour, capping should not be remotely an issue.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 21, 2015

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Basically, yes. In fact upgraded Esoterics gear is probably going to be the best gear available until 3.2, as in the content model to date, odd-numbered patches have been "catch-up" patches.

You're limited in how much Esoterics you get a week, though, so Alex normal will help fill that in.

I didn't anticipate Esoterics being that much more powerful than Alex normal, though. That is one gently caress of a power spike we're seeing at 60 at this point. :stare:

Yeah I was expecting esoterics to be about the same as Alex normal gear.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I watched the Youtube vid of the story-Ravana fight. Has there been much trouble with clearing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

SirPhoebos posted:

I watched the Youtube vid of the story-Ravana fight. Has there been much trouble with clearing that?

Nope, you can easily do it through DF.

• Locked thread