Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

GoldVision has been mentioned in this thread before, but his last "Savepoints" episode was fantastic! He plays Ark Survival Evolved, and essentially joins the Nazi party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
If you want something chill and simple (with some punctuated intensity), Vicas' Titan Souls LP should fit the bill.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I didn't see one in the archive, so can anyone recommend a good Turok 1 and/or 2 LP? Preferably something solo narrated and on the chill and informative side. I'm not a fan of LPs with three or four people talking about whatever while a game goes on in the background, nor am I a fan of the Youtube crowd's obsession with having to talk every single second of the video.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
I've been sick lately so I'm looking for good, chill LPs that I can just listen to, not watch, while I'm lying down. Any suggestions?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

I've been sick lately so I'm looking for good, chill LPs that I can just listen to, not watch, while I'm lying down. Any suggestions?

For audio only, I'd recommend Desert Bus. Or possibly possibly one of the various tabletop RPG podcast things.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

RooseveltMD made a lot of videos that are just an excuse for him, RockTumbler, CherryDoom and others to talk over each other.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

If you haven't been following the amazing antics of 6 Feats Under and their 13th Age campaign, then you're missing out. They also do a lot of one-shot campaigns on lesser-known games and systems with some guests if you don't want to get caught up with the main game.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Elentor's ff7 thread, which got a lot of poo poo from certain posters for taking multiple years, has finished.

It will probably be archived but if you were holding off reading it on the forums because you didn't think it would end, well now's a good time to.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
Is there a good (as in humorous) VLP of the Resident Evil series either here or on Youtube?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GMArcturus posted:

Is there a good (as in humorous) VLP of the Resident Evil series either here or on Youtube?

I think this one was pretty good, http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-5/

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

GMArcturus posted:

I quite enjoyed Ragny and Psych going through RE 1 REmake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Zv7ThceWg

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Skwirl posted:

I think this one was pretty good, http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-5/

Seconded. That's one of the funniest LPs I have ever watched.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Are there any LPs done with the people who made the game commenting on it, talking about any of the behind the scenes stuff? I know the X-com: The Bureau LP had someone who worked on it doing commentary, I was wondering if there were any more.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Ted_Haggard posted:

Are there any LPs done with the people who made the game commenting on it, talking about any of the behind the scenes stuff? I know the X-com: The Bureau LP had someone who worked on it doing commentary, I was wondering if there were any more.
The first one that comes to mind is nidoking's LP of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within- http://lparchive.org/Prince-of-Persia-Warrior-Within/

I'm also fairly certain that chewbot wrote a bit in the Banner Saga LP- http://lparchive.org/The-Banner-Saga/ and Yahtzee spoke a bit in the Cthos LP thread- http://lparchive.org/The-Chzo-Mythos/

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Niggurath posted:

Yahtzee spoke a bit in the Cthos LP thread- http://lparchive.org/The-Chzo-Mythos/

He has also been playing through his games with his friends and give a commentary on them on his channel

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkkiai4nXBVL8CqfMQk4KMtKibKJUfBwZ

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

There was a good LP of XCOM: The Bureau not too long ago that had one of the QA guys on board for most of the time. You might be aware of the fairly tortuous development that game had so it was interesting to hear just how much things changed and what assets survived the various revisions. Also turns out it's pretty good game and the story goes a few interesting places too, just doesn't have anything to do with XCOM.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be on the master list or the LP Archive and I can't remember the guys name, so this is not an informative post.

(someone make up for my ignorance please)

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Fwoderwick posted:

There was a good LP of XCOM: The Bureau not too long ago that had one of the QA guys on board for most of the time. You might be aware of the fairly tortuous development that game had so it was interesting to hear just how much things changed and what assets survived the various revisions. Also turns out it's pretty good game and the story goes a few interesting places too, just doesn't have anything to do with XCOM.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be on the master list or the LP Archive and I can't remember the guys name, so this is not an informative post.

(someone make up for my ignorance please)
I think he knew about the Bureau LP cause he mentioned it specifically.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Niggurath posted:

I think he knew about the Bureau LP cause he mentioned it specifically.

Turns out no one will be able to make up for my ignorance.

Moving swiftly on, someone should link it anyway (maybe the original poster, for extra points) because it's a shame it's not on the archive.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Ted_Haggard posted:

Overlord and Majesty have that on some of the episodes.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

mateo360 posted:

He has also been playing through his games with his friends and give a commentary on them on his channel

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkkiai4nXBVL8CqfMQk4KMtKibKJUfBwZ

What explanation has he come up with for the bizarre sex scene in the last game this time?

RainTree
Jul 27, 2015
Can anyone recommend a good blind LP? I don't care so much about genre or style, but I'd like to see how different people approach showing off a game blind.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

RainTree posted:

Can anyone recommend a good blind LP? I don't care so much about genre or style, but I'd like to see how different people approach showing off a game blind.

Alright let's see if I can redeem my earlier faux pas. If you haven't seen it, definitely check out Geops Dark Souls LP where he's the one going in blind but he's nudged along by very knowledgable co-commentators. It means you get to see pretty much everything the game has to offer while still getting a pretty geniune first time reaction:
http://lparchive.org/Dark-Souls/.

Then right now there's an ongoing semi blind run of The Evil Within by dscruffy1. It should have been fully blind but technical issues has meant having to rerecord some chapters. It's a good LP of an unnerving game though and when it is blind he reacts as a normal person would to an action-horror game and not some screaming Youtube banshee:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729340

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Speaking of Geop and blind LPs, if you don't mind something that's currently ongoing then he's doing a fantastic Wind Waker blind LP right here along with Vicas, Kuvo and Panzer Skank!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The lady above me also happens to be doing all the Pikmin games blind with gnome7.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726753

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

GMArcturus posted:

If you like large groups of people playing a game together, DO IT TO IT did RE4, it's in the archive. If you want solo humorous, MERICA is happening right no in Zain's ongoing RE4 LP. Sinatrapod did RE5 and that LP owned, while CJacobs is playing RE:Revelations 2 (it's nearly finished, too!)

Otherwise I think Maxwell Adams also did a group run of RE4, as did Michael from Achievement Hunter (Rage Quit), if that tickles your fancy. The group LPs are all low quality, while Zain and Michael are in HD. Michael's already done, Zain just finished Del Lago.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

GMArcturus posted:

http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-1-3-CVX/

E: pre emptive "theres an internet archive banner on this page" reminder

Mico fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 29, 2015

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Mico posted:

http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-1-3-CVX/

Seems like all their videos that were on blip were taken down :smith:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Really can't tell if you're joking or not.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Sinking Ship posted:

For auld lang syne:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Please change the colour of the banner. Or at least mention that you can click on it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Sinking Ship posted:

Mico posted:

It looks like this and is on most older archives pages:

Just put it on the op or something.

E: Oh, it already IS in the op. Also: I got ninja'd. That's what I get for leaving the page open for longer than a minute.

AmadeusVonBlastoise
Jul 4, 2008

AMADEUS AMADEUS
~DO~DO~
~DO~DO~
Every loving time.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The banner has some weird gypsy curse -- it's invisible even in the OP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Maybe it should flash? Or be a different colour? Of have a "click me" icon?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I was thinking maybe have the Blip/Viddler links automatically redirect to the internet archives page. OR just get rid of the urls entirely.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blind Sally posted:

Maybe it should flash? Or be a different colour? Of have a "click me" icon?

So make it look more like an ad? Which is the main cause it is invisible to most eyes? I think it just needs to not resemble a banner ad in shape or size and that should solve it.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I think the best way to solve this problem is just make the internet archive banner blue so it stands out against all the red but that's just an idea.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I'd just write LOOK HERE IF THE VIDEO LINKS ARE DOWN in big bold letters above the banner or something like that. Something that quickly says "oi, don't post on the forums because something is down, look here". It wouldn't look pretty, though.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheMcD posted:

I'd just write LOOK HERE IF THE VIDEO LINKS ARE DOWN in big bold letters above the banner or something like that. Something that quickly says "oi, don't post on the forums because something is down, look here". It wouldn't look pretty, though.

:10bux: says it still wouldnt work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:10bux: says it still wouldnt work

Yeah, it probably wouldn't. The only system I can think of that would eventually work would be to implement a "report" system, where you could report an LP for dead links, then, if the Archive links are available, they are manually inserted into the archived OP in lieu of the original dead links, which would then clear that problem permanently. The new problem with that is that that means more work for Baldurk, and that's not good either.