Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
So Spurs are going to make an EL run with Bentaleb, Dembele, and Mason at DM. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

West Ham are due to announce the loan (with option to buy) of Manuel Lanzini. I remember that he was highly rated a few years ago when he was playing for River Plate but he's been playing in the UAE for a while so he'd probably turned poo poo

Does this mean we ship out Zarate? If we actually land Song I'd say good transfer window overall.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

corpuscollossus posted:

I'd rather have Dzeko than Benzema at the arsenal.

I'd be gutted if Theo went, he's looked incredible preseason.

I'd pick benzema over Dzeko but I'd pick the return of fully sick nicklas bednter over all those chumps :rms:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

MoPZiG posted:

Does this mean we ship out Zarate? If we actually land Song I'd say good transfer window overall.

We need another striker so I don't think so. Carroll is out again and there's now nobody in the club who thinks he isn't a useless waste of money, so Payet/Jarvis/Amalfitano/Zarate/Sakho/Valencia/Lanzini are expected to cover the front 8. Unless we give major squad time to youth teamers, that's not really enough to secure a european place, especially with the added games.

If Carroll gets fit and we land either Destro, Gervinho or Llorrente (none of whom I can see coming here) then maybe.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

MoPZiG posted:

Would love for Zarate to stay, it seems like Bilic wants 3 behind a lone striker so he'd be a good option to have as cover there

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

Mbemba is quite good and almost certainly an upgrade on what Newcastle have but Mitrovic is a massive gamble for £13m. Dumb as a brick, bit lazy, can nod them in but he's no Andy Carroll. Huge step up from playing pub league football.

i'll take this over signing a portuguese striker

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I thought Zarate was going to flee back to south america so he didn't get extradited for owing Lazio €6m.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

i'll take this over signing a portuguese striker

Eder is definitely going to be really, really good, and not just when commentators get him mixed up with Gomis and/or Emnes.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Gervinho rules I want to see him back in the premier league.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

euroboy posted:

Gervinho rules I want to see him back in the premier league.

You might want to rethink that after his performance this evening

Noseman
May 9, 2005

Whatcha readin' for?
Rumours of Zlatan being LVGs mystery striker man. Bookies are reportedly giving 1/5 now

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Noseman posted:

Rumours of Zlatan being LVGs mystery striker man. Bookies are reportedly giving 1/5 now
Of all the guys who wouldn't fit his "philosophy" I think Zlatan is pretty high up there on the list.

The 100 mil bid for Muller was just a smoke screen for the real bid made on Ronaldo imho.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I always thought Gervinho would come good. But he didn't. He is a turd.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Belgians! Vålerenga have a former Standard Liege-player on trial. Tortol Lumanza. Anybody know anything about him?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i like Tortols

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i hear hes only good once he comes out of his shell

GMEEOORH
Mar 12, 2012

Noseman posted:

He detested LvG when they were at ajax. Seems quite unlikely.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

The LvG secret striker mystery is a pretty good way to get journos on his side in case of a disappointing season as he's given them free reign to write any old poo poo for the next month and a bit.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
It will be Hulk

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

i like Tortols

:ughh:

Bea Nanner posted:

i hear hes only good once he comes out of his shell

:ughh:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Raffles posted:

The LvG secret striker mystery is a pretty good way to get journos on his side in case of a disappointing season as he's given them free reign to write any old poo poo for the next month and a bit.

Because LVG is nothing if not concerned about what journos think of him.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I talked to some drunk guys last night and turns out that Mbokani is coming back to Anderlecht. You heard it here first.

pdog
May 7, 2013

Blinkz0rz posted:

So Spurs are going to make an EL run with Bentaleb, Dembele, and Mason at DM. Cool.

We also have Delle Alli.
Tommy Carroll will probably be off.
Some people think Milos Velijkovic is ready as well.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I've been busy with work, has Wenger signed anyone else yet?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
sacha petshi to blackburn is a done deal

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope united don't spend 100m of any currency on Muller or any player for that matter tbh

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blinkz0rz posted:

Who needs defensive midfielders anyway?

Bentaleb is the only thing even remotely resembling a defensive midfielder.

Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele, Tom Carroll, Dele Alli, Alex Pritchard and Christian Eriksen is all we need for central midfield. Nevermind that the last three are attacking midfielders and Dembele some sort of attacking box-to-box midfielder that dribbles all over the place.

I don't really mind the players being sold because well, they weren't really very good. Considering Spurs were trying for Schneiderlin before Man Utd decided they want him, I'd say its a fair bet that Poch has asked for a DM.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Isn't Mason a defensive midfielder? I've only seen him play a couple times, but he seemed to play that role, and well.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
mason is too small for that, i think he's a winger

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

blue footed boobie posted:

Isn't Mason a defensive midfielder? I've only seen him play a couple times, but he seemed to play that role, and well.

He's just sort of an all-round central midfielder, like Bentaleb.

If he could tackle I guess he could be a defensive midfielder.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
DM's have to be tall and buff? news to me

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Weaponized Cum posted:

that's why nobody ever replies to you on twitter

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Weaponized Cum posted:

Black, too.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

chuggo is BACK posted:

that's why nobody ever replies to you on twitter

mods

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Szcz to Roma is apparently a thing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mason is a box to box player who scores goals when he plays at his level (League 1/Champo).

The midfield Spurs have now is probably good enough to get them to Europa League football. They could spend £100m on it and do no better. What's the point?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

julian assflange posted:

I hope united don't spend 100m of any currency on Muller or any player for that matter tbh

it would be cool to sign messi

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Szcz to Roma is apparently a thing.

Is it really or is this just based off twitter followers? Read the rumor this morning on /r/Gunners that basically said he's off to Roma because he started following their entire team on twitter or something.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Roma already has a Pole as a backup keeper and I bet journalists have gotten them confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Akileese posted:

Is it really or is this just based off twitter followers? Read the rumor this morning on /r/Gunners that basically said he's off to Roma because he started following their entire team on twitter or something.

Apparently some Italian sources including Di Marzio are saying it now.

• Locked thread