Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Nintendo Kid posted:

actually we need the return of weekend web, and the first article just be bitcointalk

i miss weekend web :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

need screenshot

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Gum posted:

theres actually a lot of religious right people there which i totally didnt see coming

I myself am a catholic absolute monarchist

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

it's like the aristocrats, but with bitcoin

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

blugu64 posted:

Texan. Christian. monarchist. any questions

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

:godwinning:

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

theflyingorc posted:

no major respected scholar believes that jesus wasn't an actual dude, people who tell you otherwise are really close to moon landing deniers

Look on youtube for lectures by Richard Carrier. He agrees with your statement but has some interesting explanations for it.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

blugu64 posted:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

indigi posted:

so we're hosed unless someone invents cw7 pretty soon.

i finally watched that a few days ago and the "we gently caress up everything with bad geoengineering instead of actually reducing our carbon output" scenario was cringingly plausible

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Heresiarch posted:

i finally watched that a few days ago and the "we gently caress up everything with bad geoengineering instead of actually reducing our carbon output" scenario was cringingly plausible

that's why I'm voting for Giant Space Sunshade

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
i don't know corrupt nephilim bloodlines being responsible for everything that ails humanity is more plausible than bitcoin taking over the global economy

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
it's the signatures that get me

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

why is there pain and suffering in the world?

FEMALES

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

"Doge Faucet Rotator"

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > the quantum model as it pertains to the organic atoms

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
there's also some conspiracy theorist that thinks a lot of politicians and famous people are actors.

sometimes even the actors are actors.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179616.0

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Boxturret posted:

why is there pain and suffering in the world?

FIAT CURRENCY

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

fermun posted:

there's also some conspiracy theorist that thinks a lot of politicians and famous people are actors.

I love this post.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The US Government: We take the phrase "state actor" literally

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

fermun posted:

this is better than lizard people

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

quote:

In one exchange with the undercover agent, Bolton-born Mr Ali was told he could test the ricin on a rodent, the court heard.

The phone found at Mr Ali's flat was also used for search for "Liverpool pet shop" and had a note saying "get pet to murder".

From a couple pages back but seriously, what is with these idiots insisting on leaving an evidence trail? "Hmm, I'm looking to do something seriously illegal, better be sure to write everything down in a way that can easily be used against me by prosecutors!"

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

":words:. Wikipedia."

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i have face blindness, but i also think that there's a huge conspiracy with politicians being actors

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I love this post.

the great part is how it goes right from two people who do kind of resemble each other to allen west and cedric the entertainer, whose only real resemblance is that they are black males

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

when in doubt... check the spouse..

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
What's the actual conspiracy anyway
is it that the president of iran is actually a film director in disguise, or that hassan rouhan has secretly been making hollywood movies for decades

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Feinne posted:

the great part is how it goes right from two people who do kind of resemble each other to allen west and cedric the entertainer, whose only real resemblance is that they are black males

Did you really think his name was Chevy?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
did you know, us president ronald reagan was secretly the actor ronald reagan

makes you think

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Boxturret posted:

i miss weekend web :smith:

The closest to weekend web I've seen is T F plus podcast

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fermun posted:

if i was emperor of earth i would gather a bunch of these people together in the same room and then bring the crazy guy in

watching the meltdown would be incredible

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

blugu64 posted:

Did you really think his name was Chevy?

that one is like double strange because the point does seem to be that the illuminati or some poo poo are faking all of world politics with actors but then that means jay rockefeller was always chevy chase so who cares that he's really named cornelius

unless he's saying jay rockefeller is real and chevy chase has always secretly been him which i'm not sure why that would matter

ugh every time i try to think about this i'm just not able to wrap my head around what the conspiracy is even supposed to accomplish

Feinne fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 21, 2015

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
the drummer from nirvana totally looks like the lead singer from the foo fighters!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
i like that michael mckean pulls double duty

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Look on youtube for lectures by Richard Carrier. He agrees with your statement but has some interesting explanations for it.

"oh man just google this one guy he explains it really well" - a person who is not deep into believing a conspiracy theory

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

With the evidence we have, the probability Jesus existed is somewhere between 1 in 12,500 and 1 in 3

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

*changes name to a that of a city in maryland*

heh do you think thats his name???? lmao sheeple

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

theflyingorc posted:

"oh man just google this one guy he explains it really well" - a person who is not deep into believing a conspiracy theory

Or in Carrier's case read the actual books, they're pretty good. Also Hector Avaloz' books. I have no idea why you'd go to YouTube.

In any case, this is not Bitcoin. And BITCOIN JESUS EXISTS HERE ON EARTH!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Manhattan U.S. Attorney Announces Charges Against Two Florida Men for Operating an Underground Bitcoin Exchange (fbi.gov)

submitted 16 minutes ago by Egon_1

https://www.fbi.gov/newyork/press-r...itcoin-exchange

quote:

Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Diego Rodriguez, Assistant Director-in-Charge of the New York Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), and Robert Sica, Special Agent-in-Charge of the New York Field Office of the United States Secret Service, announced today the unsealing of criminal complaints charging ANTHONY R. MURGIO and YURI LEBEDEV with running an unlicensed Internet Bitcoin exchange, which they operated through a phony front-company and, at times, a federal credit union that MURGIO acquired for purposes of the scheme. The defendants were arrested today at their residences in Florida, and are expected to be presented today in federal court in the Middle District of Florida.

According to the allegations contained in the criminal complaints unsealed today in Manhattan federal court1:

Since at least late 2013, MURGIO, LEBEDEV, and their co-conspirators have knowingly operated Coin.mx, a Bitcoin exchange service, in violation of federal anti-money laundering (“AML”) laws and regulations, including those requiring money services businesses like Coin.mx to meet registration and reporting requirements set forth by the United States Treasury Department. Through Coin.mx, MURGIO, LEBEDEV, and their co-conspirators enabled their customers to exchange cash for Bitcoins, charging a fee for their service. In doing so, they knowingly exchanged cash for people whom they believed may be engaging in criminal activity. MURGIO and his co-conspirators have also knowingly exchanged cash for Bitcoins for victims of “ransomware” attacks, that is, cyberattacks in which criminals (here, distributors of the ransomware known as “Cryptowall”) electronically block access to a victim’s computer system until a sum of “ransom” money, typically in Bitcoins, is paid to them. In doing so, MURGIO, and his co-conspirators knowingly enabled the criminals responsible for those attacks to receive the proceeds of their crimes, yet, in violation of federal anti-money laundering laws, MURGIO never filed any suspicious activity reports regarding any of the transactions...

• Locked thread