Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Reposting from Reddit, don't give a gently caress because this is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Swicky posted:

Clawmidia,

Pesayeth
Feb 28, 2015
I've ended up with a bunch of random semi-active time at the keyboard and thought I would try this out for the first time in something like a decade. Just managed to get set up initially with a new character, so hopefully I'll see maybe a few of us around now and then. I'll probably look to join the clan when I can with the ign Pesayeth.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Pesayeth posted:

I've ended up with a bunch of random semi-active time at the keyboard and thought I would try this out for the first time in something like a decade. Just managed to get set up initially with a new character, so hopefully I'll see maybe a few of us around now and then. I'll probably look to join the clan when I can with the ign Pesayeth.

Add me, ign: Dear Reader, and I'll add you to the clan whenever we're both online.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I started playing Old Runescape again after almost a decade, and just to make sure: your Mining level does affect how fast you get ores on average, right? I googled everywhere but couldn't find a clear answer to this. I made it all the way up to level 64 and have been mining coal in the Mining Guild, and it barely feels any faster than it did in the beginning. It sometimes takes up to ten seconds to get an ore.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Mining definitely affects the rate at which you get ore in RS3, I'm pretty sure it does in OSRS too.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Picks have a more noticeable effect on mining speed, but I'm fairly certain the mining skill has always affected mining speed to some degree. Mining coal will continue to take a while even at 75.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Phlegmish posted:

I started playing Old Runescape again after almost a decade, and just to make sure: your Mining level does affect how fast you get ores on average, right? I googled everywhere but couldn't find a clear answer to this. I made it all the way up to level 64 and have been mining coal in the Mining Guild, and it barely feels any faster than it did in the beginning. It sometimes takes up to ten seconds to get an ore.

You'll want to get the best pick you can as soon as you can, but that's locked behind leveling up Mining anyway.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The bot slaying event is going on right now and it owns. Everyone's throwing tomatoes at mod james

lmaooo they found a bot getting gear at the bank, so they're waiting right behind it to wait for it to get gear and then kill it and take all its stuff

they pulled a bot from the rock caverns world with 2 bil gold lmaooo

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 21, 2015

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Watching the bot busting stream when suddenly a wild goon appears:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Alt-1 Toolkit is pretty nice for treasure trails.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Also new alternate UI setup I'm fiddling with,

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

Getting in on UI chat

My inner sperg is a bit annoyed at the inventory jutting out, but it's nice to have it a bit closer.

Read posted:

Mining definitely affects the rate at which you get ore in RS3, I'm pretty sure it does in OSRS too.

I think it maxes out at some some higher level relative to the requirement? I'm not sure though

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man you guys use way more screen real estate on game windows than I do, I generally want as much screen space as possible devoted to seeing further around me or I feel super claustrophobic in game

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Now there's a good setup

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Every time I log in to the main game I just do my keys and log off.

Can't be bothered to raids. I know what'll happen - I'll do them, get my comp cape back, then never log in again. I'm gonna wait a few months until I have a big chunk of game to play.

Been playing a bit of OSRS though. Mostly semi-afking pest control. Starting to do quests now though! I still maintain that low-level RS is super satisfying... Even if skilling sucks a big one, being able to go from level 1 to level 20 in as many minutes just makes me smile.

Current stats:

Current look:

Also: gently caress RUNECRAFTING SO HARD ANYONE THAT SAYS RUNESPAN RUINED RUNECRAFTING CAN EAT A COCK

EDIT: Another great thing about OSRS is that smithing at low levels is not only kinda quick, but also profitable! It's why my smithing is so high compared to my mining, and it funded my prayer. Make knives.

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 23, 2015

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Magres posted:

Man you guys use way more screen real estate on game windows than I do, I generally want as much screen space as possible devoted to seeing further around me or I feel super claustrophobic in game

I have fun being able to use more than just the abilities on my hotbar, i find it's quite useful, given at araxxor i'm spamming defensive abilities that i don't really want using up space on my action bar

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
My normal overlay, including Sombrero

My suddenly new but never gonna get used overlay, also featuring sombrero

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I'm just razzin' ya.

I'm a low-level casual goon so I don't need all your fancy buttons.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Swicky posted:

I have fun being able to use more than just the abilities on my hotbar, i find it's quite useful, given at araxxor i'm spamming defensive abilities that i don't really want using up space on my action bar

I keep my defensive abilities on an open tab, other than them I don't really find myself wanting to cast abilities I don't have on my hotbars already. I keep them on a little window next to my hotbar

fankwart
Sep 27, 2013

am I the only one drinking?
What kind of levels are necessary for raids? Keen to try them out but my combat stats are floating around 80 so not sure I'd be able to.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

fankwart posted:

What kind of levels are necessary for raids? Keen to try them out but my combat stats are floating around 80 so not sure I'd be able to.

The rewards is level 90 tank armour, so I think 90+ might be necessary.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
T85 Armour and t80 weapons, but people are elitest and want t90 so just roll with other goons on raids and you'd get in with t80

fankwart
Sep 27, 2013

am I the only one drinking?
Looks like I'll have to grind up a fair bit then :black101:, at least it's something to look forward to I guess

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBICLteuQs8

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I can never get a group going through chat, so maybe this will work better. Who's interested in 5-man larging abd/abd2s? I know Swicky needs tokens for chaotics and Flex is always Down To Dung so we only need two more at a minimum.

Also maybe if I stop being lazy we can boost some lower level players up and get them dung levels / show them the ropes.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
SafetyThird want's 99 dung as well so there's 4

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
is there a good way to swap RS3 gold to 2007? I mean there's always bots spamming about CC's but they look like a scam.

I got tons of RS3 monies but I'm struggling to get dollars in OSRS. If you know someone, or have a ton of OSRS gold yourself, please say.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

As far as I know, there's no real alternative to the swapping clans. Maybe a few have good reputations, but I don't really trust them. It looks like going rates are ~6-7:1 for RS3 -> OSRS and ~1:5-6 for OSRS-RS3.

ed: beep boop transaction complete, insert cash register noises here, sleepingpizza/peg leg is a p. cool guy.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 26, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Soulhunter posted:

As far as I know, there's no real alternative to the swapping clans. Maybe a few have good reputations, but I don't really trust them. It looks like going rates are ~6-7:1 for RS3 -> OSRS and ~1:5-6 for OSRS-RS3, I've got 29m OSRS if you wanna trade up some mad geepees with me.

Whats your IGN name again? I'll log in to the main game and message you.

Seriously if anyone has osrs gold and wants to swap 1:5 drop me some contact info

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 25, 2015

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
You can give it to me so i can get t90s

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

found the best sentence on the wiki

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Just swapped this with poopsocker. Now I can just buy loving everything.

Highly considering buying a smoke battlestaff and getting 99 mage before it gets patched (cus there has been a lot of butthurt about it lately)

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Now just get a toxic blowpipe, those things own own own on OSRS. Between that and void armour you can just blast through slayer levels like crazy (or lose it instantly pking).

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I can't believe I logged in today. I understood like 5% of what was said in clan chat. Raids seem to be a p big deal. I guess I should hurry and get 90 attack so I can dryores and then buy some bonds so that I can buy overloads.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Soulhunter posted:

Now just get a toxic blowpipe, those things own own own on OSRS. Between that and void armour you can just blast through slayer levels like crazy (or lose it instantly pking).

the first thing i bought was a smoke bstaff and im splashing right now lmao i am scum

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

How to be lucky and also unlucky at the same time, this loving game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
is getting a eye, buying a stick, making a staff and selling it no longer profitable?