Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Robo Reagan posted:

So are there going to be any female clothes that aren't atrocious or should I just make a guy?

I saw a number of good looking ones but taste varies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Liberatore posted:

Berserker, Monk and Paladin are better in 3v3.
Can confirm. 3v3 is great on my Berserker. If I have Thirst for Battle up I can murder a Cryomancer in about 3 seconds and it never gets old. Necromancers can go die in a loving fire however.
Thanks to Liberatore's words on Slayer, I am 3 nodes away from unlocking it. Looking forward to playing around with it.

HandsomeBen fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 21, 2015

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

So are there going to be any female clothes that aren't atrocious or should I just make a guy?

There's a fair number of good ones for females, though a lot of the best in terms of not-"sexy" are higher-level versions of the class outfits. that said, there's a couple of good options among the starter clothes. There's also a decent number of 'okay' options along these lines (The kinetic jumpsuit, while the zipper's pulled down a bit farthe than it needs to be, isn't as noticeable as the starter jumpsuit. Best course of action if you play female is to hit up training and do the training sequences for all the classes asap. This gets you all the class clothes. If, say, the Paladin skirt-armor bothers you, this will let you wear the knight armor, if you don't like the Cryo outfit, you could swap to Necro or witch or something... there's decent options if you don't want your assets hanging out even early on.

Though if it bugs you, the jiggle is probably gonna bug you more. Not, in practice, noticeable in-game so much, but in character creation and outfit selection it's a bit over-the-top due to the way the mouse spins your character and not the camera.

Edit: the 7-day login reward is a couple outfits. One's for male, the other female. Female version is a pair of pants and a hoodie, and it's pretty good for a normal-person casual streetwear look.

Zizi fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 21, 2015

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
So am I doing something wrong or does the game not let you play as a different class for X2 bonus in groups? It works fine when I do it solo, but when I hit the class button in groups it loads me in as my current class.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Most of the non class outfits are things you could actually see a normal person wearing outside and most of them are pretty cheap to unlock.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Thern posted:

So am I doing something wrong or does the game not let you play as a different class for X2 bonus in groups? It works fine when I do it solo, but when I hit the class button in groups it loads me in as my current class.

Correct, you cannot do it in groups.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Neat. I can play for 15 minutes before a crash. I thought my system was just overheating but it's 60F in my office and still crashes.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Inzombiac posted:

Neat. I can play for 15 minutes before a crash. I thought my system was just overheating but it's 60F in my office and still crashes.

I was having serious crashing issues over the weekend but last night was alright, so I have no idea what the issue is.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Alchemist's Prot Membrane says it reflects damage coming from in front of you, but either the game has one hell of a generous "front" detection system or it just reflects everything. I haven't figured out which.

You can even stand in the path of massive boss lasers and room-clearing AOEs, and it will reflect every bit of that back at the boss for damage. Pretty nuts, and very handy for just outright ignoring mechanics.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
One of Cryomancer's abilities tooltips just says "Deals Damage"

gee thanks

futile
May 18, 2009
Why don't I get instaqueues as a tank in this game?

The outrage

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
People queue as tanks and then immediately switch to dps. These people are Hitlers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aside from the big charged tells, I don't get the point of dodging. All other ranged attacks just hone in on me no matter the distance traveled.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Inzombiac posted:

Aside from the big charged tells, I don't get the point of dodging. All other ranged attacks just hone in on me no matter the distance traveled.

That's exactly why you dodge. Some classes rely heavily on skills with long recovery times, so dodging is a way to get out of the animation lock and out of the cone or cylinder or whatever.

Cryomancers later get a couple talents that turn their dodge into a long-distance thing that leaves behind a trail of ice which applies Intense Cooling (stacking slow) -> Icebound (root), so you can kite melee mobs and CC without spending the class resource. I know witch at least gets a talent that augments their dash as well - not sure about other classes.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 21, 2015

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Morglon posted:

Most of the non class outfits are things you could actually see a normal person wearing outside and most of them are pretty cheap to unlock.

Does this game have lots of clothes? I admit the only reason I like MMOs nowadays is to hoard fashion for my characters. I thought the preview sets for the different classes were OK but I'm biased towards mages/robes vs armor sets.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Counting the class costumes it has like 30 or so different outfits per gender right now but closed beta had more and they should put them back in soonish. Some of those outfits take some time to grind poo poo out for but most of the basic clothes are pretty cheap and the class costumes are unlocked by doing the training for the class which takes about five minutes each.

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct35IrW87EU Here's a bunch of them but female only. Couldn't find the video for male characters.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Alder posted:

Does this game have lots of clothes? I admit the only reason I like MMOs nowadays is to hoard fashion for my characters. I thought the preview sets for the different classes were OK but I'm biased towards mages/robes vs armor sets.

Compared to something like TSW no, but there are quite a few outfits.
-One outfit for each class (13) that you can get by doing the training module for that class (you don't have to have unlocked the class or be playing as it) as seen in the classes section on the main page
-One outfit for each class (13 more) that you get by fully unlocking that class (all talents and abilities) most of which are listed here: https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/5592fd5dac72e41b4e4408ef
-7 other outfits that you start with - Light Power Armor, Mechanic, Classic, Rocker, Rogue, Special Agent, Fancy - plus one more that you get as part of the clothing tutorial ('Vacation' outfit - polo shirt, jacket, and shorts)
-9 different civvie outfits that you unlock with celestial threads (different colours of the same outfit are unlocked separately, but celestial threads aren't capped and are easy to farm) - Megalopolis, Extravagant, Underwear, Skate, Rave Party, Emo, Mechanic, Promenade, Moire. e: There are also alt-colour versions of the class sets that can be unlocked this way, but they are a lot more expensive (100k threads instead of 6k-30k)
-7 more from gathering materials in the various open areas - Peasant, Dandy, Aborigine, Modula Laboratory Coat, Hipster, Extreme Gear, Unit Armor

plus a police outfit coming soon, and probably more that I don't know about from various achievements or random drops, or that aren't obtainable yet.

There are also hats and jewellery and masks/glasses and tattoos, though I haven't found any new ones in the world.

I'm not sure but I think every outfit has an equivalent for both genders.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 21, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's also the 7 day login reward, which can bug and be given immediately.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well the bug didn't do any damage though since I haven't gotten any since so it balances out.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Well you only get 7 days of login rewards, ever. So as far as bugs/exploits go, that was a very minor one.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Inzombiac posted:

You can get a symbol that gives you a 3% hp shield on dodge. While not a lot, you can make use of it to really stretch your hp through those constant little shots.

Dodging breaks you out of animations, but skills act when you execute them, which is why you can shield while a projectile is in the air and have it not hurt the shield. Easiest way to see this is with executes, hit your execute key and dash to break out of the animation, and they still die.

Some classes get improved distance dashes which I think makes dashing faster than straight running.

Some classes get skills that work off dashes, such as archer has some that combo off of a back dash.

Some classes can move and attack, while others are stationary when doing attacks, so those benefit from the quick re-positioning a lot more than others.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

I unlocked Necro and I wasn't impressed.

It seems to struggle with content I can AFK faceroll through as a Light Bringer.

What am I doing wrong?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Have you got all the important talents and abilities unlocked?

In other news we're building our fort at the moment. Requires 2500 construction resources and the mission wants templars rather than engineers.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Liberatore posted:

Have you got all the important talents and abilities unlocked?

This is a must with Necro. Other classes can limp along with less abilities and talents but Necro is rough without them to fuel Lich form. Necro also has a drastically different play style because you want to stay alive until the moment you don't so that you can use Lich properly.

I'd suggest bugging Drinkfist for a Necro writeup. He's not poo poo at it like most Necros.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

The next upgrade for the pantheon needs templars instead of engineers. Hope you like getting half the resources per mission.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Can I get an invite into the pantheon; my toons name is Anima Gorechild

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Shown here with a terrible outfit since someone was curious about the bonuses (I screwed up moving the tooltip around though).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This game doesn't respond to Space over remote connections.

Evil Russian jerks.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
I had the same problem with spacebar using Chrome's remote desktop, but the built-in windows client works.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

This game doesn't respond to Space over remote connections.

Evil Russian jerks.

Or Keyvboard commands at all. Mouse works fine though.

Kinda done with the game I think. Queues are taking too long for it to not trigger my ADHD and I loving hate the open world zones with a passion...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

M2tt posted:

I had the same problem with spacebar using Chrome's remote desktop, but the built-in windows client works.

Haha, well, I have to start the game over Teamviewer because it crashes if I start it over RDP, but once it's running I can pop over and hit Space.

That works well enough for what I need. I'm not far enough for the Facebook stuff yet, I just want to get credit for the login gifts while I'm away.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
here's an idea, just play the video game on a real computer

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay I'll try. You work on that literacy, and we'll meet back up in a week for a progress review.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Oh dear lord Gravedigger has the same VA was the Champions Online guy...

Now every time I see him I'll think of Qularr Beacons

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Whats the best way to farm sparks of mastery? Assuming I am not capped on normal sparks, that is.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Obscurity posted:

Whats the best way to farm sparks of mastery? Assuming I am not capped on normal sparks, that is.

Particles of Mastery? Run the hardest missions you can (anything rated impossible or at least very hard) and do the secondary objectives.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

Particles of Mastery? Run the hardest missions you can (anything rated impossible or at least very hard) and do the secondary objectives.

That sounds really poorly designed and tedious. WELP.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

BenRGamer posted:

Oh dear lord Gravedigger has the same VA was the Champions Online guy...

Now every time I see him I'll think of Qularr Beacons

Thank you to leading me to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLr2CF_tQr0

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Obscurity posted:

That sounds really poorly designed and tedious. WELP.

How so? You get a bonus towards particles of masteries if you do both of those things; That's the fastest way to do it. It's not the only way. You can do what I do and just play the loving game and you will cap them out pretty quickly. I do enjoy running the hardest missions available, though.

Edit: Remember, you get a ton of particles of mastery per mission. I think I get 900-1600 per run at 10k prestige, and I usually cap them shortly after I cap sparks of insight and before everything else.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I didn't see this posted but Liberatore found this earlier. It's all the caps for secondary stats.

• Locked thread