Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Finally time to sell him on the glory (and security by obscurity) that is Windows Phone :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Zoran posted:

Article 1, Section 4.

Oh got it. The recent case concentrated so much on the first part, I had forgotten about the other part.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
I swear to god I would send Trump money just to keep this going on longer.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Wouldn't nonpartisan redistricts split up a lot of those minority-majority districts?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Trump is apparently handing out Lindsey Graham's cell phone number lol.

This man is the best thing to grace American politics in my lifetime. Please dear god survive to at least the first debate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Brannock posted:

Wouldn't nonpartisan redistricts split up a lot of those minority-majority districts?
A lot of majority-minority districts are insanely gerrymandered to fit every single black person in a 100-mile radius in a single district. This can lead to representatives from these districts running unopposed or winning with 60+% margins, and in exchange three or four surrounding districts become Republican strongholds. A more sane form of districting could still preserve districts with a large percentage of minorities, albeit with a slightly narrower margin of support.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
would the debate establishment (BIG DEBATE) give trump more loaded questions to sink him

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
TO THE MOON!!!

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

TO THE MOON!!!

Can't, there's insufficient Gingrich for moons.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

This man is the best thing to grace American politics in my lifetime. Please dear god survive to at least the first debate.

I think he has a real chance of lasting through the entire Primary process. He basically has a gun to the GOP's head with the 3rd party threat, and everything he's done so far has indicated he's insane enough to go through with it if they try to cut him out. He knows he's popular enough to split the vote and almost guarantee a D win.

The only out the GOP has is if his base of support gives out on its own. If attacking a POW's service record didn't do it...

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Joementum posted:

TO THE MOON!!!

:staredog:
That's bone chilling.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

imo

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
the Huffpost poll tracker is even funnier because it shows how lovely every other GOP candidate is doing

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-national-gop-primary

it looks like the one in the above post.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

This should absolutely go in the OP of this thread, or some thread, I don't care.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

JT Jag posted:

A lot of majority-minority districts are insanely gerrymandered to fit every single black person in a 100-mile radius in a single district. This can lead to representatives from these districts running unopposed or winning with 60+% margins, and in exchange three or four surrounding districts become Republican strongholds. A more sane form of districting could still preserve districts with a large percentage of minorities, albeit with a slightly narrower margin of support.

And those majority-minority representatives fight tooth and nail to keep it that way. Corrine Brown's efforts against Florida's Fair Districts amendments come to mind. That corrupt poo poo sent a delegate to a DEC meeting in Orlando that year to speak against our endorsing the pair of them. She cares more about her own power than whether the black folks in her district are served well or not. It's pathetic and cruel, really. I really hope they carve her district up now that the current gerrymander has been ruled to violate Fair Districts.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Joementum posted:

Delete your accounts.

(also :lol: at Trump and Putin being equivalent opponents)

They both believe themselves to be amazing and have a cult of personality that draws idiots and right wing fascists to them so...

Powered Descent posted:

Even if that doesn't cover it, do you REALLY think President Trump wouldn't just be pardoning himself every other day?

Not sure the president can pardon himself preemptively can he? Not that you can pardon yourself out of impeachment I guess.

Alter Ego posted:

If the debates were done like this you wouldn't be able to pry me away from the TV on debate night.

"IS THAT DONALD TRUMP'S MUSIC? OH MY GOD I THINK IT IS!"`

MY GOD TED CRUZ JUST HIT DONALD TRUMP IN THE HAIRPIECE WITH A FOLDING CHAIR. HE WAS GOING FOR JEB BUT HE DUCKED JUST IN TIME. IS THAT... IT IS! SCOTT WALKER JUST RAN ACROSS THE STAGE AND HIT RAND PAUL WITH THE UNION BUSTER. HE'S OUT COLD FOLKS. RAND PAUL IS OUT COLD. WE GOT A REAL SLOBBER KNOCKER GOING ON HERE.

Lycus posted:

Wouldn't it be unconstitutional for Congress to force a method?

The US Congress does have this authority (IIRC it was cited in the recent SCOTUS case). It's not absolute but they have some say over election law.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Huckabee Vine for best political vine so far

https://vine.co/v/e6wU6mvJPwx

You have to see it to believe it

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Does Linda Hogan count as Trump's first celebrity endorsement?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Social media is the most amazing thing to happen to politics

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Oh weird something seems to be wrong with my br

oh

oh, I get it

:cripes:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 22, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

What does Pumbaa's farts have to do with Iran?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Did they move the time of the first debate btw? Heard they did.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Is this rehosted anywhere else, it's broken for me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I can die now

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He just wants us to be prepared

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Joementum posted:

TO THE MOON!!!

Trump really is the Gingrich of this cycle.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

bunnyofdoom posted:

Did they move the time of the first debate btw? Heard they did.

They moved the kiddie table forum to 5 pm and shortened it to one hour.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/07/fox-news-changes-plans-for-gop-forum-210900.html

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Credit to the Isthmus.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

It's the ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiircle of DEATH! :black101:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
From that article about the kids table debate -

quote:

If the debate were held tomorrow, such criteria would likely see Rick Santorum, John Kasich, Bobby Jindal, Carly Fiorina, Lindsey Graham and George Pataki relegated to the 5 p.m. forum.

Oh good, nobody important.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Full Battle Rattle posted:

GOP Sexism clearly

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Scott Walker is just the worst. I don't think I could hate any of the other candidates quite as much.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I really want Santorum to just give up and crawl into a hole and die. How irrelevant can you get?

Even Bobby "Me Too" Jindal is more relevant than him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie followers in Iowa appear to spend the bulk of their time coming up with "Bern" puns. Number of likely goons appearing in the video > 0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFFUaELCmFs

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Monkey Fracas posted:

Scott Walker is just the worst. I don't think I could hate any of the other candidates quite as much.

Madison hates hates hates hates him. If you guys in this thread want more juice on Walker just keep an eye on what's coming out of Madison, WI, because the writers there are running hit pieces on him weekly.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Bernie followers in Iowa appear to spend the bulk of their time coming up with "Bern" puns. Number of likely goons appearing in the video > 0.

Hmmm yes this is the kind of event that requires me to strap a go-pro to my fat head.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

Literally every person in that video is white. Is that just a function of Iowa?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

GalacticAcid posted:

Literally every person in that video is white. Is that just a function of Iowa?

Iowa is 91.3% white as of 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh god I hope the Trump popularity spike keeps going. Trump being the GOP candidate would be the greatest thing.

• Locked thread