Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Useful Distraction posted:

What, even when done under color of law? Cause the federal government already has the power to prosecute cases involving excessive force or sexual assault by cops, why couldn't homicide be covered as well?

I assume you're talking about the DoJ's civil rights division; these are specific kinds of cases where jurisdiction of the Fed exists under articles 5 and/or 14 jursidiction of the US constitution.

Plain ol' homicide doesn't have anything to do with the constitution.

Plus, everyone forgets that "Federal" prosecutors and investigators live in the same places, and go to the same functions as state and local guys. These people don't fly in from Washington - they live and work in the same place as the State level employees. Any time there was a perceived 'unfair result' under the proposed federal system, they would still blame it on prosecutorial bias, and argue different reasons for the bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

ActusRhesus posted:

State level. The speedy trial issue is interesting. A lot of times it's defense counsel who want to slow down to get more time to prepare. I agree that a lot of non violent offenders are held on unnecessarily high bonds, but what do you do about the defendant who really is a danger to the public? A case I'm working on now led to major bond reforms. Attempted murder. Guy posts bond and finishes the job. Gets arrested. Posts bond again. Kills a witness. Some people really are dangerous... A fact this thread sometimes forgets.

No, we DO know that some people are very, very dangerous. It is just that sometimes those people can also wear uniforms and can be protected by the very system that should be protecting all of us against them.

I don't think anyone here is a complete anarchist and thinks that cops and the justice system and government in general isn't necessary at some level.

Berk Berkly fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 21, 2015

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ActusRhesus posted:

State level. The speedy trial issue is interesting. A lot of times it's defense counsel who want to slow down to get more time to prepare. I agree that a lot of non violent offenders are held on unnecessarily high bonds, but what do you do about the defendant who really is a danger to the public? A case I'm working on now led to major bond reforms. Attempted murder. Guy posts bond and finishes the job. Gets arrested. Posts bond again. Kills a witness. Some people really are dangerous... A fact this thread sometimes forgets.

Sure, but that's a wee bit different than being in Rikers for 3 years awaiting trial for a charge that was eventually dismissed: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/06/before-the-law

quote:

Browder repeatedly told O’Meara, his court-appointed lawyer, that he would never plead guilty and that he wanted to go to trial. O’Meara assumed that his courtroom defense would be “Listen, they got the wrong kid.” After all, the accusation had been made a week or two after the alleged robbery, and the victim had later changed his mind about when it occurred. (The original police report said “on or about May 2,” but Bautista later told a detective that it happened on May 8th.)
In order for a trial to start, both the defense attorney and the prosecutor have to declare that they are ready; the court clerk then searches for a trial judge who is free and transfers the case, and jury selection can begin. Not long after Browder was indicted, an assistant district attorney sent the court a “Notice of Readiness,” stating that “the People are ready for trial.” The case was put on the calendar for possible trial on December 10th, but it did not start that day. On January 28, 2011, Browder’s two-hundred-and-fifty-eighth day in jail, he was brought back to the courthouse once again. This time, the prosecutor said, “The People are not ready. We are requesting one week.” The next court date set by the judge—March 9th—was not one week away but six. As it happened, Browder didn’t go to trial anytime that year. An index card in the court file explains:

June 23, 2011: People not ready, request 1 week.
August 24, 2011: People not ready, request 1 day.
November 4, 2011: People not ready, prosecutor on trial, request 2 weeks.
December 2, 2011: Prosecutor on trial, request January 3rd.

The Bronx courts are so clogged that when a lawyer asks for a one-week adjournment the next court date usually doesn’t happen for six weeks or more. As long as a prosecutor has filed a Notice of Readiness, however, delays caused by court congestion don’t count toward the number of days that are officially held to have elapsed. Every time a prosecutor stood before a judge in Browder’s case, requested a one-week adjournment, and got six weeks instead, this counted as only one week against the six-month deadline.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

blarzgh posted:

I think the justice system is plagued far more by institutional bias against poverty, and lack of education than it is racism. I think you fix the majority of inequities problems with the justice system by dealing with poverty and civic engagement first.

Your belief is stupid, minorities are targets and it's not because we're out causing more trouble than whites. When was the last time you were walking to the library and had cops roll up on you with guns drawn and demand to search your backpack? When was the last time you were waiting outside your friend's apartment complex for a ride home when suddenly cops attack you and cage you for no reason? What about all these videos that show police brutally attacking and killing people for "acting weird"? You are wrong, police/white people are afraid of minorities and they make it very obvious to us.

blarzgh posted:

Its my opinion that ignorance (not the insulting kind) is the largest contributor to unfairness, whether real or perceived in the justice system. Most people don't understand how the system works, and people who don't understand the system feel frustrated by it, and dis-empowered. That leads to hurt feels and distrust and resentment. This conversation is a fair microcosm of that interplay.

Have you considered people are calling you stupid because you're the "ignorant" one? also why are you only quoting the people who disagree with your point of view? There are plenty of apologists and bigots in this thread calling us stupid too.

blarzgh posted:

People on the outside treat the system like this sentient thing, but all society and government is just a bunch of people agreeing to try to play by the same rules. Poverty and lack of education deprive people of the opportunity to learn those rules, and force people to break them to survive. If you want to fix inequality, you should stop harvesting the fruits of the poisoned tree, and start treating the roots.

Pretending like there's no problem is not how problems get solved, it's easy for you as a privileged person who's never had to deal with racism (and I don't mean name calling or not being picked for a basketball game) to say things like what you're saying.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ActusRhesus posted:

What are the speedy trial rules in your jurisdiction?
At least in NYC, they were avoided by the prosecution consistently asking for a delay, then saying that they were ready for trial as soon as a date posted months later was decided. Police officers would also not show up in court at the appointed time. They repeated this process for three years in at least one case. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/16/opinion/total-failure-on-speedy-trials-in-new-york.html?_r=0 Currently 400+ people have been in Rikers for over 2 years without any conviction. That's a pretty deliberate attempt to, imo, force people to accept plea deals and punish them for exercising their rights to defend themselves in court.

e:

quote:

Plus, everyone forgets that "Federal" prosecutors and investigators live in the same places, and go to the same functions as state and local guys. These people don't fly in from Washington - they live and work in the same place as the State level employees. Any time there was a perceived 'unfair result' under the proposed federal system, they would still blame it on prosecutorial bias, and argue different reasons for the bias.
At least those prosecutors wouldn't be relying for cooperation from the police on a daily basis in order to do their jobs.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

ActusRhesus posted:

Did you hear about the recent story in NY where that one kid was held in Riker's for about 3 years without having been to trial or convicted of anything? He was eventually released (I think the charges dropped) and then he killed himself because of the years of abuse he had sustained.
Edit: Beaten.

This isn't even that rare. I personally know of another case where the defendant waited 18 months in Rikers before jury selection began. The Judge's response was "the gears of justice turn slowly" with a smirk. That was a murder case though, to be fair, so I don't know how that changes things. I don't feel like 18 months can be defined as speedy by any stretch though.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
If all these people being held for months or years just plead out justice would be served and the prosecutor wouldn't have to be bothered with actually presenting a case.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ElCondemn posted:

Your belief is stupid

Have you considered people are calling you stupid because you're the "ignorant" one?

Why do you think I grew up ignorant and privileged? Because I don't have the same opinion as you?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
And criminal trials roll out three times faster than civil cases. I have cases that are 2, 3, 4 and one 5 years old. Two years is how long you can generally expect a civil case to wait for trial. When we do eventually get a setting, we have to look and see how many criminal trials are set to go before us (here criminal trials get precedence) to guess if we'll get to go.

There aren't enough courtrooms most places.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

blarzgh posted:

Why do you think I grew up ignorant and privileged? Because I don't have the same opinion as you?

Because you said this:

blarzgh posted:

I think the justice system is plagued far more by institutional bias against poverty, and lack of education than it is racism. I think you fix the majority of inequities problems with the justice system by dealing with poverty and civic engagement first.

when its not true, e.g. https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/assets/141027_iachr_racial_disparities_aclu_submission_0.pdf

And the same is true at almost every stage of the justice system.

blarzgh posted:

And criminal trials roll out three times faster than civil cases. I have cases that are 2, 3, 4 and one 5 years old. Two years is how long you can generally expect a civil case to wait for trial. When we do eventually get a setting, we have to look and see how many criminal trials are set to go before us (here criminal trials get precedence) to guess if we'll get to go.

One is not usually in jail while you wait on a civil case.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

ToastyPotato posted:

Did you hear about the recent story in NY where that one kid was held in Riker's for about 3 years without having been to trial or convicted of anything? He was eventually released (I think the charges dropped) and then he killed himself because of the years of abuse he had sustained.
Edit: Beaten.

This isn't even that rare. I personally know of another case where the defendant waited 18 months in Rikers before jury selection began. The Judge's response was "the gears of justice turn slowly" with a smirk. That was a murder case though, to be fair, so I don't know how that changes things. I don't feel like 18 months can be defined as speedy by any stretch though.

For murder? Honestly sounds about right. (Usually defense delay) The above case is hosed up though. Not gonna defend that.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Berk Berkly posted:

No, we DO know that some people are very, very dangerous. It is just that sometimes those people can also wear uniforms and can be protected by the very system that should be protecting all of us against them.

I don't think anyone here is a complete anarchist and thinks that cops and the justice system and government in general isn't necessary at some level.

You'd be surprised. A while back someone was honestly arguing that murder doesn't belong in prison and should instead be sent to a therapeutic commune.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ActusRhesus posted:

So we should turn the screws tighter to prevent cases like this? Is that what you're implying? Make it even more unfair to those who can't beat the system just to prevent edge cases? Why don't we focus on resolving the problem instead of just doubling down?

I don't think anyone believes everyone is a saint, but we can certainly change the law to more directly target the real threats to society. Instead we're going after the easy targets, the ones that look good on paper, the drug dealers get the book thrown at them meanwhile the real monsters are still on the loose because it's harder to catch them. It's a false sense of security and it's ruining lives

blarzgh posted:

No, because of your specific argument that racism isn't real. You can have a different opinion as I do without being an idiot, there are plenty of idiots who agree with me too, it has nothing to do with my intelligence. Whenever anyone trots out the whole "it's not racism, it's classism" argument it really highlights the privilege these people have had. The fact that you can make that argument exemplifies your massive misunderstanding of reality.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

blarzgh posted:

There aren't enough lawyers either. My district ( homicide rate finally brought under triple digits per anum. Go us!) has less that 10 trial prosecutors, including one on medical leave, the district supervisor, the guy who has to handle all our habeas cases because the habeas position has been vacant for a year due to hiring freezes, and the guy who's a slack jawed simpleton.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

ActusRhesus posted:

If there's a history or the crime is sufficiently serious (violent felony let's say) then I have no problem holding people prior to trial. I'm speaking more to the more common nonviolent offenses or even the extreme Riker's cases, where we're obviously in agreement.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Take some time to learn more about me and what my life has been like before you make broad sweeping decisions about who I am.

You cite disparate racial impact of the application of the criminal justice system, an impact I don't disagree with. If your goal is to increase sentencing lengths for whites by 10%, then have at it.

Its my opinion that if you help combat poverty and a lack of education, and help merge cultures mired in distrust and skepticism, you will start to eat at the heart of racism in this country. I think that there is a cultural divide that has grown wider and deeper over the years because of racism and poverty. I don't think you can change the minds of people who don't want to agree with you. I think you can change the world around you for future generations.

So no, I don't think its productive for NYC to spend $35 million dollars training their police force how to properly choke-hold someone. I think its reactionary and short-sighted. Like-wise I don't think rewriting the constitution is a good idea at all for the same reason. I think real change means doing real work; not signing facebook petitions or showing up for an hour at an on-campus rally.

I think breaking down walls makes for change, not digging bunkers.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ElCondemn posted:

Whenever anyone trots out the whole "it's not racism, it's classism" argument it really highlights the privilege these people have had.

Whenever someone trots out the whole, "don't ignore the fact that there is racism" it really highlights their desire to focus on that rather than think critically.

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 21, 2015

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

blarzgh posted:

Take some time to learn more about me and what my life has been like before you make broad sweeping decisions about who I am.

You cite disparate racial impact of the application of the criminal justice system, an impact I don't disagree with. If your goal is to increase sentencing lengths for whites by 10%, then have at it.

Its my opinion that if you help combat poverty and a lack of education, and help merge cultures mired in distrust and skepticism, you will start to eat at the heart of racism in this country. I think that there is a cultural divide that has grown wider and deeper over the years because of racism and poverty. I don't think you can change the minds of people who don't want to agree with you. I think you can change the world around you for future generations.

So no, I don't think its productive for NYC to spend $35 million dollars training their police force how to properly choke-hold someone. I think its reactionary and short-sighted. Like-wise I don't think rewriting the constitution is a good idea at all for the same reason. I think real change means doing real work; not signing facebook petitions or showing up for an hour at an on-campus rally.

I think breaking down walls makes for change, not digging bunkers.

This is all nice sounding rhetoric, but do you understand that you were wrong to think that the racial impact is explained through poverty and lack of education? You still seem to be harping on that, but poor black defendants get worse outcomes than poor white defendants. Controlling for other factors, race is still a major factor in every aspect of the justice system.

ActusRhesus posted:

Some people really are dangerous... A fact this thread sometimes forgets.

Nobody in this thread forgets that. Sanctimony isn't an argument.

Ravenfood posted:

They also get disproportionately cited and arrested, compounding the problem.

Yes. At every point of the justice system, there is quantifiable racism, even to the credibility put into black vs. white witnesses.

Obdicut fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 21, 2015

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Kalman posted:

Shut up, you aren't a lawyer and this is incorrect.
My apologies, I misinterpreted what I had read. I'll defer to your expertise.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Obdicut posted:

This is all nice sounding rhetoric, but do you understand that you were wrong to think that the racial impact is explained through poverty and lack of education? You still seem to be harping on that, but poor black defendants get worse outcomes than poor white defendants. Controlling for other factors, race is still a major factor in every aspect of the justice system.
They also get disproportionately cited and arrested, compounding the problem.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I don't think racism doesn't exist. I think the things that fix disparate impact aren't what this thread says they are.

Racism exists because of ignorance. Lets loving fix ignorance.

Edit: I know thats not as fun as burning cops in effigy on a saturday night.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

blarzgh posted:

I don't think racism doesn't exist. I think the things that fix disparate impact aren't what this thread says they are.

Racism exists because of ignorance. Lets loving fix ignorance.

Edit: I know thats not as fun as burning cops in effigy on a saturday night.

Racism doesn't exist because of ignorance. Racism exists for a wide variety of reasons, some of which include people cynically choosing to promote it for gain or to capitalize on it. Even if your claim were true, it's not like we can't do anything to address the institutional racism in the justice system before it's fixed in society in general.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Obdicut posted:

Even if your claim were true, it's not like we can't do anything to address the institutional racism in the justice system before it's fixed in society in general.

See, I can agree with you, so

Obdicut posted:

Racism doesn't exist because of ignorance.

Are you just compelled to disagree with me?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

blarzgh posted:

See, I can agree with you, so

No, that's a really strange reaction. Racism doesn't just exist because of ignorance. I don't know why you think it does, but it doesn't matter--it's demonstrably untrue. Racism is certainly helped along by ignorance in some areas, but there are myriad other aspects to and causes of racism.

If being disagreed with really upsets you then you're going to find a lot of conversations rough.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

blarzgh posted:

You're going to find a lot of people disagreeing with you if you claim racism only exists out of ignorance.

You really don't seem to have a good grasp of racism.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Obdicut posted:

No, that's a really strange reaction. Racism doesn't just exist because of ignorance. I don't know why you think it does, but it doesn't matter--it's demonstrably untrue. Racism is certainly helped along by ignorance in some areas, but there are myriad other aspects to and causes of racism.

If being disagreed with really upsets you then you're going to find a lot of conversations rough.

In his mind he's rationalized that the problem is just ignorance, that people are good at heart and don't really mean any harm. How can you argue with someone who sees the world this way? He doesn't feel hatred towards minorities I'm sure, maybe fear or even "ignorance". That's why he thinks everyone else feels the same way.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Obdicut posted:

Nobody in this thread forgets that. Sanctimony isn't an argument.

Yes. At every point of the justice system, there is quantifiable racism, even to the credibility put into black vs. white witnesses.

Did you really forget the guy arguing communal retreats instead of prison for first degree murder?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

ActusRhesus posted:

Did you really forget the guy arguing communal retreats instead of prison for first degree murder?

Yes, I really 'forgot' that, in that I never saw it. That said, if a communal 'retreat' for first degree murder had better efficacy for rehabilitation, I'd be all for it, with the limitation being that the victim's family might not be satisfied with the level of punishment and could seek extra-judicial revenge.

Is there anyone else in the thread that you perceive as forgetting that some people are dangerous, or is it just that guy?

It really is annoying how much you skip over substantive posts to pounce on whatever you perceive as low-hanging fruit.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

Those posts were both literally months ago and arguing that our justice system should be rehabilitate instead of punitive, but constructed in a way that they figured would get a rise out of you (it did).

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I think its telling that the Four Horsemen of the Threadpocalypse are only concerned with talking about the pedantry of how I phrased what I think about racism, and less concerned with parsing the pros and cons of a grass-roots approach to fixing racial disparate impact in the criminal justice system.

Its almost like they'd rather pick someone to make the villain and string them up than talk about the problem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It is, in fact, possible to arrest armed people without killing them as long as they're white.

quote:

“Immediately the driver exhibited aggression towards the officers and began making statements consistent with ‘sovereign citizen type beliefs,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement. “Rather than comply with deputies, the driver reached for a gun.”

The deputies feared for their safety but did not shoot, and instead broke out a window in Gunnell’s car and physically removed him from the vehicle.

Gunnells then tried to reach for a gun he kept in a holster at the small of his back, deputies said, but they were able to subdue him and take away his weapon.

One of the deputies suffered minor injuries from broken glass, and they said Gunnells refused medical treatment for minor injuries.

Deputies said they found six guns — a 9mm hand gun, a .45-caliber handgun, a .40-caliber handgun, a .44 magnum caliber short rifle, and a .223-caliber AR-15 military-style rifle — and extra ammunition inside Gunnells’ car.

Each of the weapons was loaded, and all but the AR-15 had rounds within the chamber, authorities said.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

blarzgh posted:

I think its telling that the Four Horsemen of the Threadpocalypse are only concerned with talking about the pedantry of how I phrased what I think about racism, and less concerned with parsing the pros and cons of a grass-roots approach to fixing racial disparate impact in the criminal justice system.

Its almost like they'd rather pick someone to make the villain and string them up than talk about the problem.

Post another video of police killing people and we'll have something more interesting to talk about. Your wording isn't the problem btw.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

He had a confederate flag, the cops knew their white brother was not a lethal threat to them. Duh, it's human nature!

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

blarzgh posted:

Listen, that's all very well and good but until you can draft an entirely new US code I simply don't have time to engage with your unworkable ideas. Incidentally, did you manage to find that proof you were touting earlier about how both police and non-police get equal treatment in the justice system? Really looking forward to reading it. I think it could have a profound effect on the nature of the debate.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

blarzgh posted:

What the hell are you talking about? What is this four horseman bullshit?

Your contention that the disparate racial impact in the justice system is explained via poverty and lack of education is not correct. Even controlling for other factors, racism still has a significant role.

I haven't seen you propose anything like an actionable 'grass-roots' approach to fixing racial disparate impact. Ending racism society-wide would, of course, fix that, but we don't have to wait for that to begin addressing it. There's a lot of areas, like the overwhelming whiteness of prosecutors, the still-non-representative makeup of police departments, and simply political pressure on prosecutors offices to fix the disparities in their requested sentences--and likewise with judges.

Some of the problems in the court system are caused by it being overtaxed, which pushes prosecutors (and judges) into preferring pleas, short trials, and easily-won trials. The GOP's blocking of judicial appointments on a vast scale is part of the reason for this, and more attention needs to be brought to that. That plea deals are offered just as a matter of administrative convenience is not a good thing, and it drives unethical prosecutorial behavior, like using pre-trial jail as a coercive force to get plea deals accepted. The relatively limited political power of the black community makes elected prosecutors even more problematic--appointed prosecutors, unfortunately, are often not a lot better because prosecution is tied to political ambitions and/or because their appointment is tied to elected politicians.

That judges are overwhelmingly picked from the ranks of prosecutors rather than defense attorneys, especially PDs, is a large systemic problem and one that further exacerbates both the bias against the poor and against minorities.

Where was your grass-root suggestion that I missed?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Obdicut posted:

It really is annoying how much you skip over substantive posts to pounce on whatever you perceive as low-hanging fruit.

It's just their culture man, what they're taught. Without low-hanging fruit the 'justice' and prison industries would dry up, so they focus on it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The prison system should in fact be eradicated and replaced by therapeutic retreats. Primitive European notions of retribution have no place in an enlightened society. If the families of victims disagree, they can also attend therapeutic retreats (different ones of course, tailored to condition them out of their retributive mindset). Therapeutic retreats for everyone! It's time to be shut of this hateful, barbarous system, which is no more just or ethical than trial by combat.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

SedanChair posted:

The prison system should in fact be eradicated and replaced by therapeutic retreats. Primitive European notions of retribution have no place in an enlightened society. If the families of victims disagree, they can also attend therapeutic retreats (different ones of course, tailored to condition them out of their retributive mindset). Therapeutic retreats for everyone! It's time to be shut of this hateful, barbarous system, which is no more just or ethical than trial by combat.

Thanks for proving my point.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

ActusRhesus posted:

Thanks for proving my point.

Sorry, it was my point that you prefer to go after low-hanging fruit than substantive posts, not yours. It'd be a weird point to make about yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

blarzgh posted:

Maybe if you posted white you would not get shat on

• Locked thread