Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Saint Sputnik posted:

All right what the gently caress, there's another one of these videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjCs_gvImyw
but the only news I can find on it is rightwing sources and "unbiased" parrots, where's a breakdown I can link someone to of how this is bullshit again

e: oh good, found it, now I can tell my editor to go eat poo poo for being either a gullible gently caress or an imbecile who doesn't think even a heavily edited video can lie.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/21/planned-parenthood-official-jokes-about-buying-lamborghini-with-fetus-tissue-profits.html
Apparently the person responsible for this has been working on it for years, and has dozens of videos. So look forward to even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Saint Sputnik posted:

e: oh good, found it, now I can tell my editor to go eat poo poo for being either a gullible gently caress or an imbecile who doesn't think even a heavily edited video can lie.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/21/planned-parenthood-official-jokes-about-buying-lamborghini-with-fetus-tissue-profits.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd38SkgNkFY

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

colonel_korn posted:

Oh god yes :perfect: I especially love how Mengele's epaulets make him look like some kind of sinister Mengele drone hovering over the scene.

I personally like the way it makes it look like a Kelly cartoon. Its style and sheer absurdity make it look like a parody, but it's actually serious. It's like the epitome of Poe's Law.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alpha3KV posted:

I personally like the way it makes it look like a Kelly cartoon. Its style and sheer absurdity make it look like a parody, but it's actually serious. It's like the epitome of Poe's Law.

It's missing Korner Branco adding in a final pun. "He's Mengelovin' it."

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Yep, that Mengele was sure a big fan of abortion which was never used to keep people out of his experiments on pregnant women and infants.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
All those "Trump's going to fail after he slammed McCain" comics are just so adorable :allears:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Apparently the person responsible for this has been working on it for years, and has dozens of videos. So look forward to even more.

I'm glad to see they led with their strongest work :laffo:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

gradenko_2000 posted:

All those "Trump's going to fail after he slammed McCain" comics are just so adorable :allears:

It's so weird that the one defends Mccain even while.. calling him a RINO?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

"I plan to kill blacks"

- a thing Margaret Sanger totally said

Oh my loving god, you assholes just had a babbling draft dodger as your last President. Jesus loving Christ.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 21, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

gradenko_2000 posted:

the comments are the best because they consider the cartoonist as one of the libs

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

"I plan to kill blacks"

- a thing Margaret Sanger totally said
To be fair, she was a racist, but Planned Parenthood hasn't shared her eugenics beliefs in decades.

I mean, if we're going to condemn organizations for having racist pasts then uh...I got news for you.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

To be fair, she was a racist, but Planned Parenthood hasn't shared her eugenics beliefs in decades.

I mean, if we're going to condemn organizations for having racist pasts then uh...I got news for you.

The democratic party :smug:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

alnilam posted:

I'm glad to see they led with their strongest work :laffo:
The sad part is I'm not sure how much it matters. The people they wanted to dupe have already been duped, and their frustration at Planned Parenthood will only redouble with every new heavily edited video. This could end up worse than Acorn, simply because of the volume.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

JT Jag posted:

The sad part is I'm not sure how much it matters. The people they wanted to dupe have already been duped, and their frustration at Planned Parenthood will only redouble with every new heavily edited video. This could end up worse than Acorn, simply because of the volume.

I'm not sure the volume's going up that much on this one, if for no other reason the rightwing media which normally would crank this to 11 is preoccupied with hairpiece's antics.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
McCain is a RINO, but he is our RINO, at least until Trump is out,at which point that loving RINO is back to being a democrat plant.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

alnilam posted:

The democratic party :smug:

The Democrat Party :smugdog:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I can't believe I'm typing this, but Trump does kind of have a point. McCain has been absoultely lovely about veteran's issues. That doesn't excuse anything and Trump's still a giant piece of poo poo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I can't believe I'm typing this, but Trump does kind of have a point. McCain has been absoultely lovely about veteran's issues. That doesn't excuse anything and Trump's still a giant piece of poo poo.

Well, the entire GOP is really bad about veteran's issues.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Politically Correct time! The comic started in the early nineties so there's naturally a lot of Clinton material, most of it as boring as paste.

Herber's caricature for Clinton isn't bad. It's almost cute if you can get past the sweats and terrible approximation of an Arkansas accent.

Remember when Clinton smoked pot?

Remember when Clinton did not serve in Vietnam?

Remember when Clinton brainwashed your children against you?

Remember when Clinton had inappropriate relations?

Best of all, remember when Clinton won reelection?

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

there wolf posted:

Am I misreading or is the message of this cartoon literally that hate is good and Republicans are almost as good?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

there wolf posted:

kill you're parents.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'm not sure the volume's going up that much on this one, if for no other reason the rightwing media which normally would crank this to 11 is preoccupied with hairpiece's antics.
I meant the volume of videos. The number of things they'll keep releasing will ensure it will keep being discussed in some way, shape or form for months.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Hey goons! I've been away for a bit so have a double dose of If!

If... 8-11 June

If... 15-18 June

June of course saw the 800th anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta. For those who are unfamiliar with the Magna Carta (either due to sleeping through GCSE history or being otherwise impaired by being Not British) we'll turn to the standard text, 1066 And All That.

quote:

Magna Charter

THERE also happened in this reign the memorable Charta, known as Magna Charter on account of the Latin Magna (great) and Charter (a Charter); this was the first of the famous Chartas and Gartas of the Reahn and was invented by the Barons on a desert island in the Thames called Ganymede. By congregating there, armed to the teeth, the Barons compelled John to sign the Magna Charter, which said:

1. That no one was to be put to death, save for some reason - (except the Common People).

2. That everyone should be free - (except the Common People).

3. That everything should be of the same weight and measure throughout the Realm - (except the Common People).

4. That the Courts should be stationary, instead of following a very tiresome medieval official known as the King's Person all over the country.

5. That 'no person should be fined to his utter ruin' - (except the King's Person).

6. That the Barons should not be tried except by a special jury of other Barons who would understand.

Magna Charter was therefore the chief cause of Democracy in England, and thus a Good Thing for everyone (except the Common People).

After this King John hadn't a leg to stand on and was therefore known as 'John Lackshanks'.

Wor Dave used this momentous occasion to further push the notion that Human Rights are bad, but British rights are good.

The last couple of strips contain a few If... regulars: The Penguins immigrated from Argentina during the Falklands war and usually stand in for the British underclass. John the Monkey is a bit of a chancer and wheeler-dealer who usually represents some official function or other as needed by the strip - his existence completely outside the law here is a little against character. Chief Constable Gerald "Badger" Courage (with the face that looks like a sideways bum) of course represents the humble British copper in all his nobility and human fallibility - here's an early appearance from John and Courage back in the 80s:

And lest we forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNZosqiJISs

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

crosshatch posted:

Am I misreading or is the message of this cartoon literally that hate is good and Republicans are almost as good?

I believe the intended message is that children were being poisoned against Republicans/conservativism/whatever under the guise of teaching tolerance. It's a persecution complex thing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I remember glibertarian asshats in my college dorm taping Jim Huber spew on their doors; he managed to be a big deal for some types. I only ever distinguished him by his lovely, notebook-doodly artwork.

Little did I know it could be much, much, much worse.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Party Boat posted:

Steve Bell

Speaking of, I picked up a copy of Steve Bell's Unstoppable If!, covering the rise of Tony Blair in the 90's too shortly before 9/11. I figured it would be fun to post a few good sets (each week/set/arc is 2 pages with a short context blurb of the event being lampooned).

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Speaking of, I picked up a copy of Steve Bell's Unstoppable If!, covering the rise of Tony Blair in the 90's too shortly before 9/11. I figured it would be fun to post a few good sets (each week/set/arc is 2 pages with a short context blurb of the event being lampooned).

That would be amazing! Please do.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Saint Sputnik posted:

All right what the gently caress, there's another one of these videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjCs_gvImyw
but the only news I can find on it is rightwing sources and "unbiased" parrots, where's a breakdown I can link someone to of how this is bullshit again

At one point, they asked what she wanted, and she joked "a Lamborghini."

And......

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Like they wouldn't kill the unborn for a Lambo. :rolleyes:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

colonel_korn posted:

Oh god yes :perfect: I especially love how Mengele's epaulets make him look like some kind of sinister Mengele drone hovering over the scene.

It's amazing :allears:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Steve Bell owns, please never stop posting If.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aw sweet, new Kell- oh

JT Jag posted:

I meant the volume of videos. The number of things they'll keep releasing will ensure it will keep being discussed in some way, shape or form for months.

As opposed to how they would very quietly sit and say nothing on abortion because that would be in poor taste?

Acorn was a situation where they were looking for an excuse and to whip up the hate to overwhelm the opposition. Here, they've had the excuse sine Roe Vs. Wade, and had always had their hate set at white hot fury levels. It's preaching to the choir, so I fail to see how it changes anything.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

colonel_korn posted:

11 Gorrell is unimpressed with Dr. Facilier's foreign policy.

So... gun-free zones... mean no guns? Right?

Has Gorrell missed the memo that gun free zones don't work and in fact cause people to die more because we have a weak liberal uppity president?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

.Edward Penischin posted:

At one point, they asked what she wanted, and she joked "a Lamborghini."

And......

I just cannot believe this...who the gently caress would put a bumper sticker on a Lamborghini?

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

colonel_korn posted:

How even is Branco gonna out-Branco this...

(he asks himself for the sixth time this year...)

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Gravel Gravy posted:

I just cannot believe this...who the gently caress would put a bumper sticker on a Lamborghini?

Henry Payne.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is Trump promising he'll be better about veteran's issues? Honest question, I haven't been paying much attention to Trump because I just want him to go away.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is Trump promising he'll be better about veteran's issues? Honest question, I haven't been paying much attention to Trump because I just want him to go away.

Not that's I've seen and he probably wouldn't but his attacks on McCain have "some" ""merit"".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Considering he was a draft dodger I doubt it

• Locked thread