Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

MrAptronym posted:

Mawaru Penguindrum

I started watching this show cause of this screenshot, thinking maybe it would be something like Humanity has Declined or Binbougami.

It is nothing like what I expected. Sure there's a whole lot o crazy but not the kind I was wanting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 17, 2015

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (I Don't Have Many Friends).

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lies!

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 19, 2015

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes, please!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I never liked that series. It just felt kinda dumb, nothing I hadn't already seen before and the time travel crap was lazy as hell. :shrug:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

I never liked that series. It just felt kinda dumb, nothing I hadn't already seen before and the time travel crap was lazy as hell. :shrug:

qfb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Poil posted:

Yeah, the Endless Eight is so cliche. Foh

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Er... maybe I got those pictures confused. Sorry if that's the case. :downs:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

Er... maybe I got those pictures confused. Sorry if that's the case. :downs:

Nice save.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Poil posted:

It just felt kinda dumb, nothing I hadn't already seen before and the time travel crap was lazy as hell. :shrug:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

But really, regardless of how you feel about the narrative (it's great), the animation and composition and lighting and stuff are just out of this world imo. I think it lends itself well to a screenshot thread for those reasons (and because I'm obsessed with it)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

So how did that Nagito series go? Did anyone watch it? Like, even in Japan?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
No.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I watched and enjoyed it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Zas posted:

But really, regardless of how you feel about the narrative (it's great), the animation and composition and lighting and stuff are just out of this world imo. I think it lends itself well to a screenshot thread for those reasons (and because I'm obsessed with it)
Yes. It does look good and I have no complaints about that.
I was right about the series, it was the one I watched that a lot of people spoke highly of and I was so disappointed by it. That time travel felt incredible lazy and it pissed me off so much with how many identical episodes in a row they had. :(

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Poil posted:

Yes. It does look good and I have no complaints about that.
I was right about the series, it was the one I watched that a lot of people spoke highly of and I was so disappointed by it. That time travel felt incredible lazy and it pissed me off so much with how many identical episodes in a row they had. :(

Yeah, but it's already been decided that the endless eight is objectively good. You're welcome to disagree though

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 22, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fair enough. :)

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku

Seitokai no Ichizon

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

^ I like your spirit

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLs-U7J5y0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really wish Funimation would announce something with the NA Haruhi license. I need a big dumb blu Ray set por favor.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

I really wish Funimation would announce something with the NA Haruhi license. I need a big dumb blu Ray set por favor.

Forever waiting....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell I might go home and pull some of my favorite screen grabs as well. You've all inspired me.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Veni Creator Spiritus, or, Come Creator Spirit. Fits, don't your think?

Mahler is baller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYEOLwVfU8

and so is Kyoani

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 23, 2015

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mahler, for better or worse, is one of the first modern "World Builders." What a mixed legacy...

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Still one of my favorite scenes from any show

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Oh, and while we're on music chat, I want to remind everyone Haruhi's use of ~Ravel in Space~ carves up sacred cow LotGH and serves it for dinner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vode6Ryl-yY

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 23, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Yuri Seijin Naoko-san

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
All time Classic

• Locked thread