Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Full of crack heads and debutantes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Dallas? sallaD

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:
I don't care what their lyin' police did to that woman, and I don't care what that crackhead did to that debutante.

It's still a good town!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Waltzing Along posted:

I think he killed it by having a teddy bear rape a woman.

I've never watched Morel Orel. I've heard it is good but is it this good?

I hated Morel Orel when it first aired, I thought it was just a lame attempt to be Davey and Goliath but edgy. For some reason I ended up seeing the first episode of season 3 and it really resonated with me. No jokes, just 11 minutes of pure emotional hell and every episode after follows suit. The whole season examines most of the characters one by one and explores why everyone in Orel's town is so hosed up. It's absolutely one of the best things I have ever seen on TV. You can feel free to skip the first season but I would say at the very least watch the last episode of season 2 because that's where poo poo starts to get real.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

robot roll call posted:

For some reason I ended up seeing the first episode of season 3 and it really resonated with me. No jokes, just 11 minutes of pure emotional hell

I always forget, was the first season 3 episode Grounded or Numb? Imo Numb was the best episode of the show.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

robot roll call posted:

I hated Morel Orel when it first aired, I thought it was just a lame attempt to be Davey and Goliath but edgy. For some reason I ended up seeing the first episode of season 3 and it really resonated with me. No jokes, just 11 minutes of pure emotional hell and every episode after follows suit. The whole season examines most of the characters one by one and explores why everyone in Orel's town is so hosed up. It's absolutely one of the best things I have ever seen on TV. You can feel free to skip the first season but I would say at the very least watch the last episode of season 2 because that's where poo poo starts to get real.

The more you've seen of seasons 1 and 2, the better season 3 is, because it so heavily references the earlier episodes.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Zerilan posted:

I always forget, was the first season 3 episode Grounded or Numb? Imo Numb was the best episode of the show.

Pretty sure its Numb.

VideoTapir posted:

The more you've seen of seasons 1 and 2, the better season 3 is, because it so heavily references the earlier episodes.

True, but I was pretty amazed even without the context.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That Moral Orel episode is some harsh poo poo. Did they really drop the show because of that episode, out of the blue?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Rocksicles posted:

That Moral Orel episode is some harsh poo poo. Did they really drop the show because of that episode, out of the blue?

I watched that episode, and i've only seen one other morel orel ep before. And It made me sad and confused and alone and I felt really lovely and I had to hug my dog when I went to sleep.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Moral Orel got me into the Mountain Goats and that alone gets a thumbs-up from me.

quote:

From the entrance to the exit
Is longer than it looks from where we stand.
I want to say I'm sorry for what I haven't done yet.
Things will very shortly get completely out of hand.
I can feel it in the rotten air tonight
In the tips of my fingers, in the skin on my face
In the weak last gasp of this evening's dying light
In the way those eyes I've always loved illuminate this place
Like a trash can fire in a prison cell.
Like the searchlights in the parking lots of Hell.

I will walk all the way down with you
If you will come all the way down with me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just wanted you all to know that I'm very edgy and felt literally nothing while watching that episode of Morel Orel.

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

Tallahassee is such an endearing grudge-gently caress. The music of The Mountain Goats fits into Moral Orel so well; it's downhearted musings cloaked in a pleasantly-pitched lacquer. When the veneer peels and you can see just how empty-hungry are the depths... that's when things get special.

On a lighter note, question for you all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6vdUM7_yEw
Which catchphrase is best catchphrase?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Affi posted:

I watched that episode, and i've only seen one other morel orel ep before. And It made me sad and confused and alone and I felt really lovely and I had to hug my dog when I went to sleep.

Was the dog stuffed before or after?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Corn niblets and dead weathermen.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I've seen the Mountain Goats live and I still don't get the appeal. It works in the episode though, I guess? :shrug:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've seen the Mountain Goats live and I still don't get the appeal. It works in the episode though, I guess? :shrug:

He's very much in the stripped-down, folksy side of indie so if that's Not Your Thing then there's no way you're going to enjoy his full body of work. If you do like the sound, though, he's creative, engaging, one of the best lyricists in the scene, and ridiculously loving productive. The guy turns out an album a year and they all have unique sounds and themes.

I will admit his singing voice sounds like a vacuum cleaner with a head cold, though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I feel like there should be a new thread for the new season.

That said, having not read the last 15 or so pages, this has probably been discussed to death.

Super pumped for the premier, I've even managed to avoid watching the leaked episodes. I have a willpower of iron.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Super pumped for the premier, I've even managed to avoid watching the leaked episodes. I have a willpower of iron.

Same here, and it's been a struggle, because while you may have the willpower of iron, I have the willpower of collaxion crystals.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Grizzlegrax posted:

On a lighter note, question for you all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6vdUM7_yEw
Which catchphrase is best catchphrase?

Lick-lick-lick my balls! Haha, yeah, I say that all the time!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shum-shum-shlippidy-dop!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i like AIDS and RIKI TIKI TAVI, BEE-YOTCH!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Hamburger time.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Paladinus posted:

Just wanted you all to know that I'm very edgy and felt literally nothing while watching that episode of Morel Orel.

I think it has much more of an impact in the context of being immediately after a much lighter and jokier 2 seasons.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just watched the first episode of this. And, what the living gently caress? It's great, I love it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

redreader posted:

I just watched the first episode of this. And, what the living gently caress? It's great, I love it.

You're probably the first late bloomer to like it after the pilot. Which means you'll hate it after 3 more episodes

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

redreader posted:

Its loving awesome is what it is.

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

Kinda unrelated, but we were talking about China, IL a few pages back so here's some bad news.

Also, I have faith in you that you'll continue to stick with the show, Redreader. It's just too much in all the right ways. Do not fail me, my goonchild.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Maybe now we'll get a full length feature film about Babycakes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Yodzilla posted:

Maybe now we'll get a full length feature film about Babycakes.

Just as long as the Dream Reamer shows up.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Grizzlegrax posted:

Kinda unrelated, but we were talking about China, IL a few pages back so here's some bad news.

Also, I have faith in you that you'll continue to stick with the show, Redreader. It's just too much in all the right ways. Do not fail me, my goonchild.

This sucks but makes sense after the last season, which was bizarrely unfunny compared to the last two.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

This is some great #content on Instagram:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2JA9_nIFkE

https://instagram.com/rickandmortyrickstaverse/

Click around the pictures to find tags and get warped to other areas. I'm in love with this amiibo cautionary tale.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Spraynard Kruger posted:

This is some great #content on Instagram:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2JA9_nIFkE

https://instagram.com/rickandmortyrickstaverse/

Click around the pictures to find tags and get warped to other areas. I'm in love with this amiibo cautionary tale.

Thank you for sharing this, it's amazing!

And a great way to stay interested while waiting for the episodes to come out. :3:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Oh god this is fantastic.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Globba glamp glom: https://instagram.com/crangle_dan/

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

This is glorious, it's everything I hoped it would be and more.

Edit: Reorganize the cables. Do it.

phourniner fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 23, 2015

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I am endlessly fascinated by these aliens. Did they show up in season 1 at all? They're in the second episode of S2, there's more upcoming shots of them preview, one is in the Simpsons opening. They mostly seem to have various administrative desk jobs... and can explode into goo.

I always heard everything they say as "garble blarg blarg!" though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Alan Smithee posted:

You're probably the first late bloomer to like it after the pilot. Which means you'll hate it after 3 more episodes

I was hooked from the pilot, too, and I only watched it a few months ago.

I mean, you can still tell it's a pilot, but it's really goddamn good. The last scene where Rick rants like a madman as Morty convulses and moans on the floor, I knew this was my poo poo.

100 years!

GueroDeEncanta
Jan 28, 2005

Glad to see y'all love the Rickstaverse! I've spent the last several months writing it, and seeing the fan reactions has made it all worth it. As a real-life Jerry, it's always great to work on a project that people like.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Morty Tracks don't have a box at the bottom explicitly saying THIS COULD BE YOU, YOU CAN SAVE YOUR SOUL, SEND DONATIONS AND ORDER TRACTS HERE and so forth, immersion broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

GueroDeEncanta posted:

Glad to see y'all love the Rickstaverse! I've spent the last several months writing it, and seeing the fan reactions has made it all worth it. As a real-life Jerry, it's always great to work on a project that people like.

You are pretty cool, just so you know.

• Locked thread