Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Wasn't that Totino's show supposed to be out by now?

They said it would be 7/22 on the latest show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus, Teenage Justin.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
If they did a few shows a year of no questions, just them hanging out on Skype i would love it.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
I'm so mad Griffin didn't "remember" the fact that he wore goggles to school for like a month. I need to know all about it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Kenny Logins posted:

Newest MBMBAM: I didn't think they'd make it the whole show but they did. Wow.

Also the concept of Justin with frosted tips is... pretty great.

I'm sure the frosted tips have come up before.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Human posted:

I'm so mad Griffin didn't "remember" the fact that he wore goggles to school for like a month. I need to know all about it.

Agreed. I'm actually a little upset we're just now hearing about this.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Both the frosted tips and the switched-lens goggles have come up in previous episodes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I was bummed out that today's MBMBAM was a clip show, but fortunately this happened too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn4x_BRqIpI

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I was bummed out that today's MBMBAM was a clip show, but fortunately this happened too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn4x_BRqIpI

Well. That's certainly the most something Monster Factory so far. I don't know what adjective, but whatever it is, there's a lot of it.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Well. That's certainly the most something Monster Factory so far. I don't know what adjective, but whatever it is, there's a lot of it.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Yeah, that's it.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

I had to pause that episode of Monster Factory more than once from laughing too hard. Also my girlfriend made the most genuinely horrified face I've ever seen her make.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm crying from both laughter and fear. Funniest one yet.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm ashamed to say that for the first couple minutes of that episode I thought that it would be the first one not to make me tear up with laughter. I was so wrong. Monster Factory might be the funniest McElroy joint on the internet, and that's saying something.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
This week in The Adventure Zone we learn about the secret fourth McElroy brother: Jon Snow.

Also something that might draw people to Bunker Buddies despite how weird Andie is: last episode had Griffin on and focused on apocalyptic games. It focuses a lot on Fallout.

Andie is still dumb as hell but hey, uh, Fallout?

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 17, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was nearly crying from Trent.

YOU CUT OFF MY BUTT!

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
"Why are you licky-licking my bom-bom?"

"I'm dying."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I listened to a few episodes of Uhh Yeah Dude recently and I would be flabbergasted if Griffin at least wasn't a listener. He and Seth have like the exact same diction.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I listened to a few episodes of Uhh Yeah Dude recently and I would be flabbergasted if Griffin at least wasn't a listener. He and Seth have like the exact same diction.
Oh yeah, they've briefly brought up the show before (I swear the last time wasn't too long ago?) and listening to a lot of the old gags and slang and subjects Griffin brought in some of the random earlier eps when I started MBMBAM it was pretty obvious Griffin was a listener and a fan. UYD leaves an...influence.

I think there was a direct shoutout on an ep back in January according to my past self

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I like the UYD shoutout in the new ep, I can't remember if we've ever had confirmation that they're into UYD but it always seemed super obvious to me that they were fans because of various UYD-influenced bits and lingo...mostly from Griffin.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 18, 2015

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Not even knowing about bits or quotes, just the way Griffin talks, especially in rant mode, is so similar to how Seth does it. It's hard to really put into words (especially typed) but I find it fascinating.

If nothing else that connection is probably gonna lead me down a road of listening to old UYDs. I don't think I could survive a full archive run like I did with MBMBaM though. Goodness that's a lot of shows.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I've been out of the MBMBAM loop since my iPod died, but I'm slowly making my way through the last couple of months at random and wanted to point out that, yes, Jekyll and Hyde... Together Again is objectively the best movie to get stoned and watch.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I'm pretty sure Justin has metioned wearing a UYD TShirt at one point as well.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Firstscion posted:

I'm pretty sure Justin has metioned wearing a UYD TShirt at one point as well.

Yeah, on the UYD/MBMBaM crossover episode. Written by the anti-semitic version of the Thrilling Adventure Hour team.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 19, 2015

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Okay, so the Gom Jabbar bit killed me.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I loved this week's podcast, I can't wait to post a reference to it

BUT OH WAIT, WHAT'S THAT IN MY POST

IT'S THE GOM JABBAR

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Does Griffin really not know about glory holes?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

He made a one-off show about vore. Pretty sure the dude has his depravity knowledge on lock.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I actually appreciated that as like a stealth joke that Justin and Travis didn't notice or bother building on. Like an Easter egg. But wait you open the Easter egg and IT'S THE GOM JABBAR!

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Catching up on Sawbones recently and I don't think I've ever heard anyone as upset about parasites as Justin was about the Guinea Worm.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
"ARE YOU SCORCHING RAY?"

(Who wants to know?)

Clint remains maximum McElroy.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
If only Clint can be in other McElroy projects like Trends Like These, Monster Factory or Big Gulp.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Sometimes I feel bad for Clint because his good (ex)baptist sons say so many swear words in front of him :ohdear:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Drunkboxer posted:

Sometimes I feel bad for Clint because his good (ex)baptist sons say so many swear words in front of him :ohdear:

He gets them back with stuff like that Adventure Zone episode a few weeks ago, or that donor-only episode where he answers a Yahoo Answer about sex music.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Even after the lines they've crossed from answering Yahoo Answers for years, the McElroy Brothers still can't handle daddy's sex talk

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be fair that's a good line to keep established no matter how hard you gaze into the abyss.

Wait...what's that in the abyss?

IT'S THE GOM JABBAR!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

God drat I am so psyched for the Totino's episode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

God drat I am so psyched for the Totino's episode.

It's so dumb that I legitimately still am half thinking it's a joke but yea I'm mad into this too.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I just listened to episode 81 - pizza roll suicide and I thought it was really funny. A lot of the back catalog is funny, but this one was near current levels of funny. And it's also a coincidence I guess with the totinos thing coming up

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Speaking of old episodes, during the most recent Adventure Zone, Griffin made a joke about Trent farting out his mouth after Magnus cut off his butt. I think there was a Farm Wisdom bit about chickens farting out of their mouths a while back, but I can't remember what episode it's from and searching is turning up nothing. Anyone happen to know where that is buried?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Fanart of the creations of Monster Factory.

• Locked thread