Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bad Wolf posted:

SFDebris update. His show will continue, just anywhere but Youtube. He's looking into options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icyb91mf1JI

Poor bastard sound distraught, I don't blame him.

The poor guy can't catch a break. :(

I'd say something along the lines of "maybe Doug and Rob should have taken that $90k in lovely gameshow donations and funded a private video hosting service with it," but I know full well it would have been a catastrophe of misspending, mismanagement, and corruption of a FIFA scale to make me immediately regret thinking of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Miss Wallace posted:

I didn't even know I wanted this. Love OSW!

saw you make a camero in no way out 2000, you even had a "WHAT BAR?!"

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Miss Wallace posted:

Hope you enjoy the Sinbad vid!

This movie really reminds me of something like Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders - in that they just jammed two disparate things together and hoped that they could make a cohesive narrative out of it.

There actually was a tiny republican political campaigner out there a few years ago, but now that he's gotten older he's stopped his hilarious rich-kid-in-a-bad-movie ways.
Ahahah, there was a literal green screen in the book. Wow. This movie is incredible. I can definitely see why you took so long to track it down.
For some bizarre reason, Dean Stockwell's crazy witch pitched up voice sounds like a less "sexy" version of Jennifer Tilley's drill-voice in Bound. He started speaking and I thought "why am I suddenly thinking about Wachowski movies?!"

That ending. Wow. That's all I can say.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ZeeBoi posted:

:o:

Honestly I really only wanna go meet the Continue? guys. I don't watch internet reviewers as much as others so it would be even more awkward to meet folks.

Last time I was at ConBravo I briefly talked to Spoony and uuugghhhh...
You can meet Paw and Elisa and their baby :3:

http://chezapocalypse.com/episodes/paw-elisa-and-grey-at-conbravo-2015/

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Cyron posted:

saw you make a camero in no way out 2000, you even had a "WHAT BAR?!"

What Bar is my favorite segment they do, I love it! Those guys are super friendly, just generally nice people.

Infamous Sphere posted:

This movie really reminds me of something like Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders - in that they just jammed two disparate things together and hoped that they could make a cohesive narrative out of it.

There actually was a tiny republican political campaigner out there a few years ago, but now that he's gotten older he's stopped his hilarious rich-kid-in-a-bad-movie ways.
Ahahah, there was a literal green screen in the book. Wow. This movie is incredible. I can definitely see why you took so long to track it down.
For some bizarre reason, Dean Stockwell's crazy witch pitched up voice sounds like a less "sexy" version of Jennifer Tilley's drill-voice in Bound. He started speaking and I thought "why am I suddenly thinking about Wachowski movies?!"

That ending. Wow. That's all I can say.

Well it is a little less disjointed than Merlin in that it wasn't pasted with a separate movie and it was (mostly) appropriate for a children's film. I absolutely adore Dean Stockwell's nutso performance in it though.

The zoom-ins are what kill me about the ending. Just right into his nose, masterful.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bad Wolf posted:

SFDebris update. His show will continue, just anywhere but Youtube. He's looking into options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icyb91mf1JI

Poor bastard sound distraught, I don't blame him.
Yeah YouTube won't work for him...Paramount is pretty aggressive in removing Star Trek stuff.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

goddamn you fuckin nerds, shut the gently caress up about disney trying to own every property in the universe

now let's talk about how disney wants to own every property in the universe

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Tru dat!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I didn't keep up with comic con, how much of the Star Wars stuff is them BSing?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man they really like beating this dead horse of "HOLLYWOOD LIKES TO MAKE SUPERHERO FRANCHISES"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

achillesforever6 posted:

Man they really like beating this dead horse of "HOLLYWOOD LIKES TO MAKE SUPERHERO FRANCHISES"

Well to be fair, Hollywood is the one milking that dead horse for all its delicious dead horse milk.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Rich Evans didn't even recognize Mecha-Batman as the one from Dark Knight Returns. loving EXPOSED!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I actually think the Obi-Wan movie has some pptential: a smaller scale story taking place entirely on Tattooine could make for an interesting movie.

That is, of course, only if the team making the movie is allowed to make something interesting out of it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The new Star Wars films are still being made by Lucasfilm - Lucasfilm is just owned by Disney now instead of George Lucas. I was actually listening to a podcast about this very topic earlier today (an episode of Full of Sith) where they suggested that we're accustomed to comprehending Star Wars as the singular property of pop culture behemoth George Lucas, so when he suddenly doesn't own it any more, we naturally begin to treat it as the singular property of pop culture behemoth the Walt Disney Corporation.

It's the same reason why we don't think of The Empire Strikes Back as a film by Irving Kershner with a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan, produced by George Lucas, or Return of the Jedi as a film by Richard Marquand with a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan, produced by George Lucas. Star Wars is George Lucas, so those are both George Lucas films.

It's not dissimilar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, in that sense. Even before they were purchased by Disney, we didn't necessarily think of Iron Man as a film by Jon Favreau; we think of it as a Marvel Cinematic Universe film, and we still think of it in those terms even though Disney is writing the checks now. I think they (like Miramax) have a reasonable degree of creative independence; the stories I've heard about executive interference with Marvel movies all trace it back to Kevin Feige, who seems to have a clear vision of where he wants the franchise to go, not Bob Iger. I imagine the same will be true of Star Wars, but only after there's been a couple of movies out.

This might all be totally disingenuous (I don't honestly know about films) but I thought it was interesting.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

PiedPiper posted:

Rich Evans didn't even recognize Mecha-Batman as the one from Dark Knight Returns. loving EXPOSED!

Mike pointed out in the comments Rich actually did or is that :thejoke:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
At this point I kinda do want the super hero movie bubble to pop

EDIT: They are joking about all those Star Wars spinoffs, right?

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 22, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Calaveron posted:

...Kinda? Since Episode VII was announced I've heard about Rogue One, a Han Solo and/or Boba Fett stand alone movie, a Yoda movie, an Obi-Wan movie, an anthology movie, and the feverish dream of someone actually making Shadows of the Empire into its own film like Lucas wanted to do but didn't have the time or money to in the run up to the prequels.

So far though, only Rogue One is definitely happening. The others are just possible ideas as Disney mulls over making essentially the Star Wars cinematic universe.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Miller and Lord are doing a Han Solo film for 2018.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/entertainment/star-wars-han-solo-prequel-movie-feat/

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I'm holding out for a Dash Rendar movie,myself. I mean,look at this magnificent specimen:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

I'm holding out for a Dash Rendar movie,myself. I mean,look at this magnificent specimen:

Well, Disney acknowledges the Outrider ship itself as part of the new Star Wars canon. There wasn't any mention of Dash himself though.

Though if you know anything about Shadows of the Empire itself, Dash being reduced to an also ran footnote in or just outright redacted from the broader Star Wars canon is hilariously appropriate to his character.

What I wonder is though, who would play Dash in a hypothetical Shadows movie or standalone film? Mid 90's Kurt Russell was the perfect choice, as seen in the portrait above, but we're 20 years out from that now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

nine-gear crow posted:

What I wonder is though, who would play Dash in a hypothetical Shadows movie or standalone film? Mid 90's Kurt Russell was the perfect choice, as seen in the portrait above, but we're 20 years out from that now.

Stephen Amell.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Senerio posted:

Stephen Amell.

YEEEEES :fap:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

When it does, Thanos will still somehow appear in the end credits of movies to ramble about infinity gems

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It will become such a standard of the medium that people forget why it's there.

Like romances in Hollywood movies, or dance scenes in Bollywood movies.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

nine-gear crow posted:

So far though, only Rogue One is definitely happening. The others are just possible ideas as Disney mulls over making essentially the Star Wars cinematic universe.

Honestly, I don't mind there being more Star wars movies. I just wish they created something new out if it. Take the Sith, Jedi, The Republic, The Empire, the droids, the aliens the galaxy and create a whole new story out of it. There is no reason Luke, Han and Leia should be anything more than a short cameo.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

nine-gear crow posted:

So help me to all Gods, there better be a big-screen release of Star Wars ASCII

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

God drat the new Nostalgia Critic review was a slog. Osmos Jones is a flawed film (mostly because of the live action stuff and it's got some bad tonal shifts) but the heart of it is still a parody of buddy cop films. Plus the Inside Out skits were some of the worst that he's ever done.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Inside Out was the sort of movie that got a lot of folk (over here at least) to type out thinkpieces on how Inside Out Is Too Deep For Children, so someone who can barely parse human emotion would find a way to make it painful.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Movie Bob's review of Pixels is really blowing up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD2293oGvA. Last night it was only at about 200k and it's easily his most popular video ever.

I can agree with his sentiments for the most part but the whole going AVGN where bad things are a buffalo diarrhea dump on a platter in the middle of July or whatever just gets old to me and what gets under my skin even worse is when anyone says that "hurrhurr we're headed to Idiocracy." It's condescending bullshit from people who wanna seem smarter than they actually are.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Tracula posted:

Movie Bob's review of Pixels is really blowing up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD2293oGvA. Last night it was only at about 200k and it's easily his most popular video ever.

I can agree with his sentiments for the most part but the whole going AVGN where bad things are a buffalo diarrhea dump on a platter in the middle of July or whatever just gets old to me and what gets under my skin even worse is when anyone says that "hurrhurr we're headed to Idiocracy." It's condescending bullshit from people who wanna seem smarter than they actually are.

There is some irony in the fact that his most popular video has him acting like a toddler spouting off random curse words instead of his "think piece" videos.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
In a shocking development, Adam Sandler movies suck.

Still, was this as bad as his ASM 2 rant where he went "Baw, I wanna break my Spider-Man toys now!"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I want someone to calm down and do a quiet analysis of what, exactly, makes Adam Sandler movies attractive to enough people that they keep getting made instead of just doing the angry critic thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I want someone to calm down and do a quiet analysis of what, exactly, makes Adam Sandler movies attractive to enough people that they keep getting made instead of just doing the angry critic thing.

They're dumb safe lowbrow comedies. You know what you're getting going into them, for the most part.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
You honestly think awful Adam Sandler movies aren't going to piss people off?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Mraagvpeine posted:

There's being concerned with the apparent popularity of these movies and their influence on pop culture, and there's acting like an over-the-top Nostalgia Critic parody.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Mraagvpeine posted:

Well no, because staking your mental health on the popularity of Adam Sandler movies is a fool's game.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Equeen posted:

There's being concerned with the apparent popularity of these movies and their influence on pop culture, and there's acting like an over-the-top Nostalgia Critic parody.

For an example of a good anti-Adam Sandler review, there's redlettermedia's review of Jack and Jill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXNsT7-Lwsk where they balance the name calling with a lot of cogent breaking down of what the real problems are here.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I love how they successfully showed how current era Adam Sandler films are an excuse for him (and his friends) to get a free studio-provided vacation that he can write off as a business expense

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

FlamingLiberal posted:

I love how they successfully showed how current era Adam Sandler films are an excuse for him (and his friends) to get a free studio-provided vacation that he can write off as a business expense

Yeah, which is honestly why I don't understand why people still get angry. Everybody knows what Sandler does and how the resulting movies are. There was a snowball's change in hell that Pixels turned out even decent, yet people are throwing a hissy fit.

Seriously, the best thing you can possibly do is ignoring it, that is the only way this will ever end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

e X posted:

Yeah, which is honestly why I don't understand why people still get angry. Everybody knows what Sandler does and how the resulting movies are. There was a snowball's change in hell that Pixels turned out even decent, yet people are throwing a hissy fit.

Seriously, the best thing you can possibly do is ignoring it, that is the only way this will ever end.

You can do that, but I'd expect that it'll rake in money at the box office on the Sandler name alone. Really, no matter what you do, he's gonna be making money regardless.

• Locked thread