Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

now I want Sanders to put up a real fight in the primary so we can watch Prickly City swing from him being a kindly old dog man to a hateful communist canine.

Eh, I smell a disappointing *unzip* - HA! I WAS THE EVIL BUNNY ALL ALONG! moment in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Somfin posted:

Eh, I smell a disappointing *unzip* - HA! I WAS THE EVIL BUNNY ALL ALONG! moment in the near future.
"But what if I vote for a third Democratic candidate?"
"GO AHEAD, THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY!"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I think the press replaying the words that he has said is fair treatment

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hahahahahaha, you're pathetic, Glenn.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

Mr. Burns looks terrible! I guess jaundice in Simpsons land is pink skin?

What the hell is this about, now?

"Oh, Madigan is cintrolling us with his puppet Jesse White and his evil vehicle registration fees!"

Rorus Raz posted:

How DARE the lamestream media cover public speeches from a frontrunner in the Republican Primary!

Ugly, stupid... but...

I like it.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
^^^^ Reuben Bolling does great things.

loquacius posted:

Tbf it's really easy to be fooled when you desperately want to be fooled

Yeah, the Planned Parenthood story isn't a case of people being "fooled" or "mislead." They aren't going to change their minds if an accountant explains the difference between "selling something for a profit" and "being reimbursed for shipping costs," they aren't particularly interested in stories about lives being saved thanks to donated tissue, and they don't care that D&X abortions aren't performed on "elective" abortions, but rather because the pregnancy has gone wrong and extraordinary measures are necessary to save the mother's life. This is about choosing to believe a lie about people they already don't like to make their hate feel all the more self-righteous.

Courtesy of Fred Clark, whose blog you should read, here's a quote from someone Pro-Life people should ostensibly respect.

C.S. Lewis posted:

The real test is this. Suppose one reads a story of filthy atrocities in the paper. Then suppose that something turns up suggesting that the story might not be quite true, or not quite so bad as it was made out. Is one’s first feeling, “Thank God, even they aren’t quite so bad as that,” or is it a feeling of disappointment, and even a determination to cling to the first story for the sheer pleasure of thinking your enemies are as bad as possible? If it is the second then it is, I am afraid, the first step in a process which, if followed to the end, will make us into devils. You see, one is beginning to wish that black was a little blacker. If we give that wish its head, later on we shall wish to see grey as black, and then to see white itself as black. Finally we shall insist on seeing everything — God and our friends and ourselves included — as bad, and not be able to stop doing it: we shall be fixed for ever in a universe of pure hatred.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

I'm genuinely impressed by Glenn's skill at insincere, deliberately inflammatory commentary. Unfortunately, his pun doesn't work because Trump has been on the cover of Vanity Fair before:

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 22, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Funny I was thinking about how Fat Albert and the gang would react to the Cosby rape scandal the other day.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Bad reporter is actually a good reporter.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Fred Clark posted:

Nothing against Iowa, or the rest of the “heartland” that started out as the frontier, but it won’t do to pretend that the 29th star added to the American flag is somehow more authentic than any of the original thirteen. All such realmurka games are silly and stupid and clumsily fraught with political agendas, and its best not to play them at all. But for those who insist on playing them, sorry, stars and stripes outscore stars without stripes every time.

:smug:

I love the points he makes here, all of them.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
How on earth is the press being unfair to Trump there Glenn? They're literally just replaying the dumb poo poo he says, even FOX is slowly backing away after that McCain comment. It was kind of funny to see the guys on Fox and Friends desperately scramble to try and turn his words into "NO GUYS HE MEANT MCCAIN'S RECORD, NOT HIM PLEASE BUY THIS OH GOD" though right after it happened.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh my God.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

OldTennisCourt posted:

How on earth is the press being unfair to Trump there Glenn? They're literally just replaying the dumb poo poo he says, even FOX is slowly backing away after that McCain comment. It was kind of funny to see the guys on Fox and Friends desperately scramble to try and turn his words into "NO GUYS HE MEANT MCCAIN'S RECORD, NOT HIM PLEASE BUY THIS OH GOD" though right after it happened.

This whole thing is going to end with J. Walter Weatherman getting his arm torn off, crawling to the nearest camera to say "And that's why you don't create an artificial grassroots political movement that feeds and disseminates hate and disinformation".

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Bad Reporter, best reporter.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Don Rickles and the "##%$$in' hoagie" made me laugh.

Party Boat posted:

Bad Reporter, best reporter.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Wales Grey posted:

I'm genuinely impressed by Glenn's skill at insincere, deliberately inflammatory commentary. Unfortunately, his pun doesn't work because Trump has been on the cover of Vanity Fair before:

That's a terrible color shirt. For a second, I thought he wasn't wearing a shirt at all!

Also, pretty much every media article on Trump so a repeat, but accurate:

"Trump calls Mexican immigrants rapists, causing outcry"

"Trump calls POWs not real heroes, sparking outrage"

"Trump gives public Lindsay Graham's personal number, causing controversy"

Glenn, these are things that actually happened!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

seiferguy posted:

That's a terrible color shirt. For a second, I thought he wasn't wearing a shirt at all!

Also, pretty much every media article on Trump so a repeat, but accurate:

"Trump calls Mexican immigrants rapists, causing outcry"

"Trump calls POWs not real heroes, sparking outrage"

"Trump gives public Lindsay Graham's personal number, causing controversy"

Glenn, these are things that actually happened!

Pretty sure this is the GOP damage control on Trump at work. They can't get him to shut up, and he's too popular among the base to disown, so it's plan C, blame the media.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

bunnyofdoom posted:

Pretty sure this is the GOP damage control on Trump at work. They can't get him to shut up, and he's too popular among the base to disown, so it's plan C, blame the media.

They can try that but it isn't working.

We should all be thanking him, he's accelerating the inevitable splintering of the Republican Party.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol i don't know if this is happening in other cities but there is an enormous vape shop bubble in Pittsburgh right now, like even more oversaturated than choose your own toppings frozen yogurt bars were a few years ago

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

They can try that but it isn't working.

We should all be thanking him, he's accelerating the inevitable splintering of the Republican Party.

I never said it was working. Because most people get curious, watch the clips themselves and go "Wow, the media is really going softball on Trump"

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

"Civilization had too many rules for me, so I did my best to rewrite them" - Bill Cosby

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I still don't think Trump will get the GOP nomination but that Onion article is right, I can't stop looking away at how bad Trump makes the Republican party look. He needs to continue this doomtrain as long as possible.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

This whole thing is going to end with J. Walter Weatherman getting his arm torn off, crawling to the nearest camera to say "And that's why you don't create an artificial grassroots political movement that feeds and disseminates hate and disinformation".

No, he's dead. You killed him when you left the door open with the air conditioning on.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
Trump is by far more entertaining that the entire 2012 primary's BY HIS LONESOME, and that had butt-plugs made from polls, Butt-Plugs!

We all want to see how far this goes, all of us :allears:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Welp, he's got my vote.

Drangus McCafferty
Jul 29, 2014

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Trump is by far more entertaining that the entire 2012 primary's BY HIS LONESOME, and that had butt-plugs made from polls, Butt-Plugs!

We all want to see how far this goes, all of us :allears:

It's not made from polling data, but someone has you covered. (:nws: maybe?)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I'm sure there is some meta comment here about mistaking Trump for a black president duck, but I'm not sure what it means.

Anyways heil Trump

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Conservative's impotent anger at Jon Stewart is hilarious. They have nothing but sputtering rage at this guy who has spent years going after them every single night. Isn't that like the tenth comic by that cartoonist alone, with almost all of them being some variation on 'court jester'?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Such wonderful sour grapes.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

This is my favorite caricature of Trump so far. He looks like an evil business admiral, wearing a bicorne hat made from his own hair.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Fairly benign caricature of Bernie, but what about him at all evokes a St. Bernard? He's more birdlike than dog to me.

Then again Hillary as a rabbit makes no sense either so whatever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

alnilam posted:

lol i don't know if this is happening in other cities but there is an enormous vape shop bubble in Pittsburgh right now, like even more oversaturated than choose your own toppings frozen yogurt bars were a few years ago

It's the same in Philadelphia. In some places like South Street there are like 4-5 in the same 2 block radius.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

cram me sideways posted:

Fairly benign caricature of Bernie, but what about him at all evokes a St. Bernard?
His name.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

THE DAILY SHILL

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

colonel_korn posted:

Welp, he's got my vote.

:hellyeah: I love how this is supposed to be a scathing indictment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

OldTennisCourt posted:

Conservative's impotent anger at Jon Stewart is hilarious. They have nothing but sputtering rage at this guy who has spent years going after them every single night. Isn't that like the tenth comic by that cartoonist alone, with almost all of them being some variation on 'court jester'?

Dancing on the grave of someone who had a long, incredibly successful run, and is retiring with dignity—truly the cruelest revenge.

• Locked thread