Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Etrips posted:

You have to pay a monthly fee for them!

I'm paying a monthly fee for two more retainers. They are all full of stuff. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've seriously considered buying a 3rd optional retainer, but of all things, the only thing holding me back is the thought of having to level another retainer through ventures. Having to check back every hour to receive useless crap I'm gonna toss feels like a chore.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Moldy Taxes posted:

I've seriously considered buying a 3rd optional retainer, but of all things, the only thing holding me back is the thought of having to level another retainer through ventures. Having to check back every hour to receive useless crap I'm gonna toss feels like a chore.

The 18 hour ventures work well for leveling, since you can set it and forget it. Alternatively, just check back every hour since you're already checking on your other retainers every hour to retrieve Mythrite Sand, Deepeye Tears, Chimera Manes, or any of the other items you can resell for mad cash.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Vermain posted:

Is there a "best" set of gear for Spiritbonding in HW for the purposes of making gil? Should I just grab the i115 set and fully bond that?

You can't spiritbond for level V materia yet so no.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Every time I see an update on A3 Savage it's just a lot of screaming and emojis

I'm sitting here quietly hoping you walk in there and Living Liquid just sets himself on loving fire or something and it's like surprise motherfucker

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Rei_ posted:

Every time I see an update on A3 Savage it's just a lot of screaming and emojis

I'm sitting here quietly hoping you walk in there and Living Liquid just sets himself on loving fire or something and it's like surprise motherfucker
there are jails in this fight on savage

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

The 18 hour ventures work well for leveling, since you can set it and forget it. Alternatively, just check back every hour since you're already checking on your other retainers every hour to retrieve Mythrite Sand, Deepeye Tears, Chimera Manes, or any of the other items you can resell for mad cash.

the 1 hour ventures on battle retainers are the best way of getting leather for leveling LW too

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

:vince:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Nipponophile posted:

Wait what? When can you start leveling retainers?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

ilifinicus posted:

:getin:

(and then presumably :frogout:)

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Etrips posted:

There's a quest that enables you to send retainers on ventures. I don't remember where it starts, but retainer ventures are very, very useful.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Etrips posted:

The moment the corresponding class on you is Level +1 (for 50-60)

for 1-50 you need the class at level +3

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Is there anywhere where people have talked about what a3 savage actually has going on

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
let me tell you about living liquid

let me tell you a story

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chyea posted:

let me tell you a story

Will you guys be posting to fflogs.com once everything is on farm and some kills have happened with all the bosses besides yours?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Chyea posted:

let me tell you a story

how many rots are there

I think I counted three

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Chyea posted:

let me tell you a story

Is the difficulty living up to your expectations?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

I made a huge mistake a year ago when I made my battle retainer a Thaumaturge, something I currently have no interest in taking to 60. I'm thinking I'll just level BLM to 60 via FATEs and forget about it after, but man it hurts that she's been stagnant for the past month.

Finally started yesterday by FATE grinding to 51, so she can get some exp while I sort out how to keep going.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
spoilers: when you get the manipulator down to 50% in SA4 a second manipulator spawns

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Moldy Taxes posted:

I like slapping someone with Full Swing then double-Cleaving them with Berserk up. Tends to tear apart people at full HP. I haven't tried fitting Storm's Eye in there, but I'm sure it'd make things even goofier.

Siege is really fun, guys.

ya berserk + full swing + fell cleave x 2 is generally a dead person. brutal swing and holmgang make sure theyre not going anywhere. also fun is popping push back and vengeance (along with all your other def cool-downs) and running into a group of melee people who then proceed to punch themselves to death on you

also in a game last night i knocked close to 10 people off that one node up on the cliff using mythril tempest and it :feelsgood:

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 22, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Farg posted:

spoilers: when you get the manipulator down to 50% in SA4 a second manipulator spawns

Bombs and all lasers also 1 shot anyone that is not a tank.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Farg posted:

I think at this rate I'm just gonna have to wait until 3.1 comes out before I can even begin giving Savage Alex a go.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Farg posted:

We joked at one point that when we get to A4 savage I'm going to hurl a loving tomahawk at him and he's just going to get up and start walking towards us and that's when the screaming will begin

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vermain posted:

I think at this rate I'm just gonna have to wait until 3.1 comes out before I can even begin giving Savage Alex a go.

It definitely has a decent skill ceiling. Faust is a great litmus. Can your team beat a 6k damage check in 2.5 minutes? If yes, go on ahead. If not, figure out what you're doing and how to get better.

I don't think you'll need to wait 3 months to even try it, though. There is enough of a jump in stats on esoterics and full gordian gear that it will become a lot easier to just jump in even without a static.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the biggest challenge of savage A1 is waiting for cooldowns

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dunno why Square hasn't copied WoW and made all your CDs reset upon wipe in raid encounters.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dunno why Square hasn't copied WoW and made all your CDs reset upon wipe in raid encounters.

Yes please.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
Apparently this is the twitter account of Lucrezia's GM!
His thoughts on a3s: https://mobile.twitter.com/Darkwis00/status/623614051021516800

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm SO tempted to pay for 2 extra retainers so I can have a combat, a miner, a botanist, and a fisher. Someone convince me not to.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I'm SO tempted to pay for 2 extra retainers so I can have a combat, a miner, a botanist, and a fisher. Someone convince me not to.

No. Do it. The space for glamour gear alone is worth it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mordiceius posted:

Do you value money? If not, go hog wild.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

TooManyUzukis posted:

The space for glamour gear alone is worth it.
If you don't have multiple retainers dedicated to storing your costumes, I don't know what to tell you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I am far too lazy to level up my poor retainers, one is 50 WHM and nothing else and the other is literally classless :(

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Sending my retainers out is the only way I can keep from capping seals while I level my crafts.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I want them to somehow make DoH retainers so I can have a kitchen full of Culinarian retainers.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I had my first go at Ravana EX last night, as a Monk, in a PF learning party. We got surprisingly far, squeaking past Final Liberation a couple of times (both times failing to break the following shell because one or more DPS hosed up said Final Liberation).

Got a question, Monks, how do you manage GL stacks, Perfect Balance, Tornado Kick, etc.? What I did yesterday was to save all of my cooldowns at the start of the fight, blow them except PB for Prelude (including a Forbidden Chakra and Tornado Kick), blow PB for Liberation, then just build back up manually just before/during Warlord's Shell.

Also do my DoTs deal damage to him while he's off trying to ram into and splatter people, or should I not even bother with Demolition/Touch of Death in Liberation phases?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Moldy Taxes posted:

Sending my retainers out is the only way I can keep from capping seals while I level my crafts.

Yeah seriously. I have one retainer holding about 15 stacks of ventures. I'd have even more ventures but I dumped a ton on cordials as well.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My go-to GC buy if I'm about to cap is Moonstones, since I can sell em for 1200 gil.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

My go-to GC buy if I'm about to cap is Moonstones, since I can sell em for 1200 gil.

what a waste

buy coke, or potash and market board that since you need a bunch of coke for airships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

ilifinicus posted:

the biggest challenge of savage A1 is waiting for cooldowns

:agreed:

also finding 8 competent people on a backwater as gently caress server

Vermain posted:

Thats false/unknown btw, nobody actually has A3 sav down yet (unless ely/lucrezia got it down in the last hour or so)

• Locked thread