Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The solo stuff is boring. That baffling Merc Kings video had some novelty and Matt's shot at an Effort LP of NMH did too but banter's what we're here for surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm here to be entertained, I don't need an audience with the Archbishop of Banterbury for that. If I could give one piece of direction to the guys it would be to make Pat do more solo stuff.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
I'm sure it's banter for the most part. I guess I'll join whoever else is watching and report on the interesting tidbits. Probably.

As for the linked /v/ thread, those pics pop up on some other boards. It's probably the same circle of people hence the lack of variety.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I'm here to be entertained, I don't need an audience with the Archbishop of Banterbury for that. If I could give one piece of direction to the guys it would be to make Pat do more solo stuff.

Don't think I didn't see that edit. It was "comedy act" originally. :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So what people are saying is that ReBoot won?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

maybeflan posted:

Don't think I didn't see that edit. It was "comedy act" originally. :argh:

You ain't got muffin!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Woolie solo is really boring.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Most solo LPs in general are boring to me, unless it's a voice-less LP with just text on the screen.

People like banter, people like having a straight man and a goofball, people like the expert and the novice. Woolie just saying stuff into the ether is a bit awkward. Then again, that was the same for Matt's solo thing.

SHA-BAM! x1000

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's also kind of a weird choice of game to solo LP.

I liked Matt's No More Heroes LP because is was a game he tested, knew well and had a lot of love for. This is a bad game Woolie's never played before based off of a show he loves.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 22, 2015

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rhonne posted:

It's also kind of a weird choice of game to solo LP.

I liked Matt's No More Heroes LP because is was a game he tested, knew well and had a lot of love for. This is a bad game Woolie's never played before based off of a show he loves.

I kinda agree; Matt's solo LP was great because he clearly had a lot of passion for the game and had a lot to say. Seeing Woolie just go "Noo, bad game why? Show was good though." isn't what I want. gently caress, when he said it's not too late to play Jet Set Radio, I really would have loved an ultimate swerve and have him play a fun game instead. I actually downloaded that game on Steam, since he clearly has so much love for it, and while it's instantly obvious why, it has not aged well at all. Getting to see that through his veteran's eyes would have been a trip worth taking.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

hoobajoo posted:

gently caress, when he said it's not too late to play Jet Set Radio, I really would have loved an ultimate swerve and have him play a fun game instead.

Man, that would be the best. They could cut to a live action shot of him tossing the controller aside. He says, "gently caress this, REBOOT!" and taps the Guardian button on his hat. Then we have a super-90's CGI transition to the JSRF title screen. Done.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

I, for one, am ready for the Age of Woolie.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Matt's solo NMH LP owned cause it was rich with personal history, super chill and his heart was very much in it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Ride to hell is for sure my fav lp because the game is some stupid bullshit and pat&matt talk about weird random bullshit while playing it

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

I really liked the Aria of Sorrow LP, and would love to see Matt & Liam tackle more Castlevanias

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
woolie is gonna destroy his childhood love by playing this game, and i just gotta wait for the moment when his heart breaks in audio

started watching the chrono trigger lp again. still my favorite.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the only LP combination I don't like is Woolie and Liam, where Woolie for some reason just mashes A through dialogue like he's on a time limit and then they're shocked by catching plot details that were explained like an hour prior.

Hopefully someone tells them not to do that in Astro Boy anymore or that's going to be a long loving LP

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Depths posted:

Ride to hell is for sure my fav lp because the game is some stupid bullshit and pat&matt talk about weird random bullshit while playing it

That's why I loved the DownComing LPs too, cuz they just start talking about pointless poo poo. Like how Woolie hate chocolate.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I remember asking this before, but I did not keep track of the responses. Which LPs would you recommenced that were made before 2014? I started following the SBF in 2014, so I have not seen much before that. I have seen the david cage games LPs and the silent hill ones.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eternal Darkness, Way of the Samurai, Chrono Trigger.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Prison Break, Resident Evil 4, Escape from Bug Island (I assume you already watched it, though).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

PiedPiper posted:

Prison Break, Resident Evil 4, Escape from Bug Island (I assume you already watched it, though).

Before 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I remember asking this before, but I did not keep track of the responses. Which LPs would you recommenced that were made before 2014? I started following the SBF in 2014, so I have not seen much before that. I have seen the david cage games LPs and the silent hill ones.

-Day of Crisis
-Deadly Premonition
-Watch MK9

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Tae posted:

Before 2014

I was going by Islamic calendar.

But in seriousness, I thought it was at least year and a half ago.
Super Best Friends Brawl, then.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Besides the MAGNUM OPUS that is the Cage Sadness Trilogy, I Have No Mouth, Alien Soldier, Chrono Trigger, MGR Revengence, Way of the Samurai, and Man Vs Wild are all top notch. Deadly Premonition is also 2013, and while I'm not a huge fan of it, a lot of people are, so you should check it out.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh yeah I've seen the Deadly Premonition one too. I soon as I saw that they had LP'd the best game ever made, I had to watch it immediately.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The Last of Us was alright if only because you get to see how blind Pat is.

Also Yakuza 4 was pretty good.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It will forever pain me that Matt's dream of a Yakuza style Cromartie game where you aim to become boss of Japan is impossible.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't there a point in the Yakuza 4 videos where Pat said that the combat was like Virtua Fighter or I'm crazy?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are you sure you're not thinking of the simulation machine where you have little Virtua Fighter style minigames?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

HGH posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of the simulation machine where you have little Virtua Fighter style minigames?

I can't recall very well, but I think he wasn't referring to that. I could be wrong though, it's been a while.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
"a wish powered blow job machine" -chrono trigger part 4

truly a terrible forecast of their dark autoblow future

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All the talk about how people don't want the reboot LP has me curious in a more general way, what LP would you like to see the most on the channel?

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

All the talk about how people don't want the reboot LP has me curious in a more general way, what LP would you like to see the most on the channel?

After RE: Revalatons 2 went so well, I'd love to see an RE5 playthrough.

Or, you know, a full RE6 playthrough. :getin:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Serious Answer: Thousand Year Door
Bullshit: Analogue

More Pat/Liam, the best group.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Honestly, I just like watching them have fun, whether it's a great game or a game that's bad in all the best ways. We haven't seen any FPS on the channel, and Matt is a fan of Wolfenstein: the New Order, so that I guess?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Resident Evil 5 co-op would be excellent because it's a fun adventure.

Resident Evil 6 co-op would be ecxllent because it's a fun adventure to watch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

More old, short JRPGs. Not that I won't watch anything they do.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ride to hell: Retribution again except this time with Liam and Woolie.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Something fun for the viewer, so another buggy game. :v:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Andrast posted:

Ride to hell: Retribution again except this time with Liam and Woolie.

I agree with this. I also want to see an LP of Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines (this will never happen).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pat solo LP of Final Fantasy XIV. This is an awful idea.