Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

I hope drinkfist has already forgotten your name

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
:saddowns:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's okay, I remember everybody. I am not a commander though and I do tend to complain a lot. You just can't win when you play with goons.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Drinkfist posted:

I am not about to spill the secrets of my dark magic. (Honestly I am done with all the effort posting I did for the loving OP. Let me get drunk and change my mind on that later.)

The new commander in place of Berg was Mecha Shiva or whatever his name was for donating to the guild some ungodly sum and getting all giddy for the position. I also think you lot underestimate the amount of clans we are allowed. Its something like 20. There will be more commanders I assure you.

Well someone who has played Necro into the teens or higher prestige should hook it up. I am playing it well I think, but I don't know what to choose for talents and what skill options are better or worse than others.

Also about the commander thing..ain't no thang. Just noticed in OP about BERG needing replaced so I figured I'd offer since I'm on daily and hop in mumble usually. Let me know if/when you need more commanders!

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

There's an alchemist talent that reduces damage for your entire team by 80 loving percent when you hulk out. Your team still receives the damage boost while this is active.

It's incredible. Your whole team can basically go full bore on the boss with their damage boost, without worrying about dying.

I would be surprised if alch doesn't become a staple class in whatever hardcore endgame crap they have planned.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
OP breaks the forum table.

Verdict: shame on you goons.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
My character is Gozer Gozerian now. Hopefully I'll find a better white jumpsuit, but this'll do.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

hakimashou posted:

OP breaks the forum table.

Verdict: shame on you goons.

Lies. There is no one other than us 1920x1080 users. Anything else is blasphemy.

Anoia posted:

My character is Gozer Gozerian now. Hopefully I'll find a better white jumpsuit, but this'll do.

Yeah ok there Twilight. The Hot Topic patch isn't for a while.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 22, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Anoia posted:

Not nearly 80s enough.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I knew I shoulda got that dress that looks like you skinned a muppet.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's a shame the suits don't come in white and the hair doesn't get crazier than that.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Servers down for 30-45 minutes as they attempt to unfuck PvP queues.

For those not in the know, the queues were bugged and launching matches... as 1v1s.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Obscurity posted:

IGN is Peter Quill

Amazing, you are in my hall of greatness.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Kessel posted:

For those not in the know, the queues were bugged and launching matches... as 1v1s.

The fact that the PvP queues were launching sent immediate waves of alarm through their headquarters. "So help me god*" said the VP of quality control, "if even one player gets a tablet or ring from this, SOMEONE'S FIRED."

*translated from Russian.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Kessel posted:

I jumped into a 3v3 match at lunch to try to get a weapon for my newly acquired Slayer. I was a bit confused when it ended up being a 1v1 vs a Paladin. It ended up being fun though. I cheesed the gently caress out of the mines into a wall trick but he ended up winning in the end 5-4. It was drat close considering I had no main hand, one talent and like 4 skills unlocked. Apparently everything Paladins do knock you down and it's annoying as gently caress.

In other news, how legit is this post fellow Goons? http://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3e7r9f/yokais_newbie_guide_to_skyforge_important_dos_and/

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
i've never heard of TSW as being notoriously hard so probably not legit

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
He's not wrong about might being a pretty poo poo stat. However when he talks about not leveling your order, what he should be saying is to not level your temples, which is the part of the order system that increases your might and health. You should always be leveling your order and getting as many slaves faithful followers as possible. And if you're playing as a tank, you are going to want health boosts, though might is still poo poo compared to other damage stats.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Early TSW was really bullshit, and Yokai wrote some extremely comprehensive guides on gearing for that game that people still sort of refer to even now. He probably knows what he's talking about.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
He has some points but he expresses himself like a retard. For example there are certain prestige milestones you want to reach to get some things, ether cores are currently not worth doing, some playstyles actually want a ton of stamina and whoever uses the word "gimpage" deserves to be punched until the end of time.

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
Speaking of statfiddling, what rings should I aim for as a Lightbringer?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dosvidanya posted:

i've never heard of TSW as being notoriously hard so probably not legit

Remarkable regenerative capabilities. But there appears to be a problem with your short term memory!

HandsomeBen posted:

I jumped into a 3v3 match at lunch to try to get a weapon for my newly acquired Slayer. I was a bit confused when it ended up being a 1v1 vs a Paladin. It ended up being fun though. I cheesed the gently caress out of the mines into a wall trick but he ended up winning in the end 5-4. It was drat close considering I had no main hand, one talent and like 4 skills unlocked. Apparently everything Paladins do knock you down and it's annoying as gently caress.

In other news, how legit is this post fellow Goons? http://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3e7r9f/yokais_newbie_guide_to_skyforge_important_dos_and/

Get the gently caress off reddit.

Reddit Shitlord posted:

1.Why you should NOT blindly chase after higher Prestige, and in fact should strive for keeping your Prestige as low as possible!
2.Why you should NOT use credits to accelerate your adept missions in the Order system, and why you should not really train your orders system much at all at first (with rules of thumb for when to focus on the Order system to best effect)
3.Why you should NOT disassemble your orange founders/collectors weapons
4.Why you should NOT spread yourself too thin at first by equally playing every class you've unlocked (Berserker/Gunner/Knight/Alchemist)
5.Why you should NEVER play any class until you've unlocked the "class sparks" portion of its class atlas while playing a different class.
6.Why you should prioritize Strength/Valor/Luck/Accuracy/Stamina above all other stats and should avoid Might as much as possible!
7.Why you should equip only BLUE/PURPLE/Founders/Collectors gear, and probably of a much lower prestige than you're actually capable of wearing!
8.Why you should focus on unlocking the three first "ether core" (Sun/Ket/Coph) nodes in the upper atlas before worrying about unlocking new classes
9.Why you should focus on playing in regions as much as, if not more than, in instances when you're in the 3000-9000 prestige range.
10.Why you should often choose the lowest difficulty option for many instances!
11.And finally, some easy rules of thumb for picking the right difficulty for solo, duo, and trio runs in Solo/Squad instances

1. His argument is to keep your Prestige on par with your proficiency so you can wear gear that is dropping in the dungeons you are doing. Then he tells people in #7 to only wear the starting founder gear from the founder/collector packs even though they have a stupid low proficiency rating. gently caress this noise. The only benefit of his whole dumbass plan is that pvp and pve group finders pop more often because terrible players are in your prestige bracket and you can go wipe to grandma pulls with the rest of the lot and never clear.

2. Order system is a major source for specialized stats and great health % increases. Accelerate your guild mission every time because I am impatient. Other than that it entirely depends on if you need poo poo now later. If you are about to have a refresh timer pop that rerolls all your missions and there is still some good ones on the board with high follower counts but you don't have the resources to dispatch then you should accelerate your supply missions and then dispatch the money maker missions with the accelerated supplies. Totally situational.

3. First thing I do in every RPG. If some promo gave me super gear at the start I pitch that poo poo on the ground. Im an adult. I don't need no loving crutches. :black101:

4. What shitlord is playing/leveling every loving class and doesn't notice this poo poo instantly?

5. Min/Maxing bullshit rant.

6. More Min/Maxing bullshit. BTW there is four stat builds in this loving game not just strength luck like this gently caress is talking about. Critical, Impulse, Bonus High, Bonus Low.

7. I refer to loving #1.

8. Why? So you can blow you argents on minimal stat increases with a rare drop rate? With a system they just overhauled in RU and we are going to be getting soon? gently caress this idiot, everyone that starts this game is gonna gun for a class they want to play on the board.

9. He loving reason is that the game is easier when you can slap tag mobs and have others beat them for you because you are just too weak to run a solo dungeon. Do we have any baby smilies?

10. Look at this child. I bet he picks the tomatoes out of sandwiches.

11. gently caress you I do what I want.

Hey check it out guys. Look at me and Lewtt in the guild. We are totally super high prestige and about a third of our poo poo comes from our orders. My paladin never loving dies. I have literally left my keyboard to pour a drink during boss fights and recovered the fight. My Necromancer dies constantly. But for some strange reason he lives again. How terrible do you have to be to take the advice of some reddit guy telling you to min max poo poo in the first few weeks? Do everything on easy? Clear the regions though kill stealing and being carried by other people? gently caress this troglodyte.

loving muppet made a manual on how to be a baby fun vampire.

Stop reading reddit suggestions you terrible loving goon. Just steal their spergs spreadsheet and RU info and get the gently caress out of there.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 22, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

blueberrysmith posted:

Amazing, you are in my hall of greatness.

Together, we are the Guardians of the Galaxy.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Is it just me or is pantheon chat even more broken after the chat fix? It does not even show up on my chat menu.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Chat windows appear and disappear on the whims of gods that are not us.

Same with your chat messages actually getting through.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well it was there for a while earlier but yeah it's more down than up now.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kessel posted:

Early TSW was really bullshit, and Yokai wrote some extremely comprehensive guides on gearing for that game that people still sort of refer to even now. He probably knows what he's talking about.

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/

He quit TSW in under three months. Shitlord doesn't play games. He takes the easiest routes regardless of the cost in fun. This guy is one of those loving assholes that gave out all the answers to the investigations. Literally one of the greatest and most interesting parts of the game he tells everyone the exact answers. Literally no concept of fun. Total min max fucksperg.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
tbh i think people who look up the exact answers deserve to be derided more than the person who gives the answers

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
also don't forget to go to reddit and take a poo poo on yokai's abortion of a guide before some impressionable new players take it seriously and ruin the game for themselves (and possibly for others, if they try to spread the wisdom)

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Also Valor is poo poo no matter how you put it. Spirit is better than strength for some classes/builds. Accuracy is poo poo* compared to critical chance and nobody ever mentions crushing blow.

* You still want accuracy with strength builds but critical chance comes first.

For someone who claims to be a min/maxer, he seems pretty keen on using recycled (and possibly outdated) RU data without actually doing any research of his own.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Thought I was making good progress towards unlocking archer, until I realised the next set of nodes, and the one after, are about double the number of sparks per node.

Goddammit game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah Valor is a lovely stat but 95% of my drops have it on them. The game hates me.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Roblo posted:

Thought I was making good progress towards unlocking archer, until I realised the next set of nodes, and the one after, are about double the number of sparks per node.

Goddammit game.

I somehow always manage to end up with like 400 of the sparks I won't need for a while and 0 of the very next node over.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am going to [s]min[/s[MAX every stat.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

FoolishLobster posted:

So here's a quick guide to endgame tanking for Knight and Paladin, in terms of what chapels, symbols, and talents are commonly chosen:

https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55adb3c0ac7233ac2b5e0cee/1?page=1

Thanks for this, been looking for Pally info. Just wish I'd seen this before I blew an Okki Tablet on a Block Shrine. :v:

futile
May 18, 2009
The only real guide to this game is as follows:

1) If you are not birding things to death as a knight, you are having less fun than me.

Unless maybe you're birding things to death as a witch.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

futile posted:

The only real guide to this game is as follows:

1) If you are not birding things to death as a knight, you are having less fun than me.

Unless maybe you're birding things to death as a witch.

Psh, keep your dumb bird. It's no where near as great as my hulk hands.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Is that Rock Wizard Hulk Hands or Goo Wizard Hulk Hands?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Manifest Dynasty posted:

Rock wizard. Goo wizard didn't really click with me when I tried a promo mission.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Manifest Dynasty posted:

First thing that came to mind was the Monk ultimate. Ethereal hulk hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Captain McStabbin posted:

Rock wizard. Goo wizard didn't really click with me when I tried a promo mission.

How do promo missions work?

I tried to queue into one as an alchemist but still entered as paladin.

• Locked thread