Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

How is the quality for MMC figures? because after looking at their Kaon and Tarn, I'm seriously considering getting their DJD figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Easily one of if not the best in the 3P market.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I have all of MMC Predaking, Hexatron, and their DJD...Vaaas? Vox? The sniper rifle.

Anyway I have zero complaints; they are all terrific. Poseable, quality plastic, great for display, plenty of personality.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Every time I see a new render of their Tarn my opinion changes, it's weird. At the very first reveal I was excited but only because it was Tarn, and upon closer inspection it wasn't really that cool. Then they have kept improving and revamping him, and sometimes I love it and other times the proportions just look weird. At this point I'm sure the final result will be cool, but I've never been so ambivalent with a figure tease as I have been with Kultur.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I have MMC Salvia Prominon, and it's extremely good.

Horrible instructions though, they tried to get another mode out of that mold. I just could not get it to work, but the Not-Firestar and Not-Arcee vehicle modes are great, no problems there. I think their mistake was trying to incorporate the hammer into the jet mode.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Found Rodimus at TRU. I'll have to go back for Skywarp.

I'll see if he fits better in Motormaster then Blackjack later. Not really feeling like going through the surgery that is cutting all the drat tape off of his card.

Related note: are movies at AMC now not allowed in anything but loving fork & Screen for the first loving week? Not paying $12.50 at 3 in the afternoon to hear a bunch of idiots scraping plates when I could be paying $5 elsewhere.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Are people still playing this Transformer Tactics game? I saw a few Goon Squads but they were pass worded

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

Matty is dropping digital river and their prices this year, so that could be cool.

Woah woah woah how much are they dropping their prices?

Because I might sign up for the new Masters of the Universe classics if it doesn't suck.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Woah woah woah how much are they dropping their prices?

Because I might sign up for the new Masters of the Universe classics if it doesn't suck.

Dropping them $2 a figure this year so they will be $24 instead of $26. Also shipping prices have gone down a few bucks as well. I'm buying them anyway, but it's a nice bonus.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Are people still playing this Transformer Tactics game? I saw a few Goon Squads but they were pass worded

I made one but dropped out because it seemed like nobody was interested. I could try making another.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Magnus that's not what City Commander means!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

Magnus that's not what City Commander means!

What are those dinosaurs from?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What are those dinosaurs from?

Rescue Bots.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugggggh. My Viper has two left elbows.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Ugggggh. My Viper has two left elbows.

That could make it difficult for it to vipe the vindows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

That could make it difficult for it to vipe the vindows.

:golfclap:

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Gammatron 64 posted:

I made one but dropped out because it seemed like nobody was interested. I could try making another.

I'd play.

I would have joined your last league, but since I'm not a regular around here, I wanted to chime in here before joining. I'm not hardcore, though, if that matters. Free to play only.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The main thing to know about the new issue of (not)RiD is Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak spend the whole thing channelling their inner Statler and Waldorf. It's as good as it sounds.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:stat: I wish I could change into something better.
:wal: What would you change into?
:stat: A better storyline!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I'm pretty active, in a top-tier league. Don't know if we can get some goons in, but if we get a good goon league going, I'm game. I can let you in on all the top theorycraft data :v:

For the current event, farm Easy (it's +1 energon each full run), and Extra Hard is also a gold surplus (costs 12 Energon to run, which is 60 gold, you get 100 gold for finishing it)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

OK, I made a new league.

Name is SA Good Squad, password is whereislowtax

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Saw some Transformers are reduced at Sainsbury's in the UK, but I still couldn't bring myself to buy Bombshell. I love the Insecticons and would love Bombshell, but that figure looks so rubbish. Too smooth, too many curves. I want jaggedness! I'm probably just being a snob. But oh well I spent the money he would've cost on a satnav holder that had a pretty neat transformation of its own and 72 jaffa cakes. Tastier than Bombshell, for sure.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
That's an entirely different design, the figure's fine.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Bombshell is awesome, you are missing out.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Yup, baby you crazy.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I kind of like this months Transformers: No Subtitle because we haven't heard as much from Soundwave's point of view and he's far more interesting than ShitLord Galvatron.

Also I think I'm okay with making Laserbeak and Buzzsaw just be Statler and Waldorf.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Where everybody knows your naaaaaame...

Cyclonus being a stern Victorian headmistress makes way too much sense.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

3 posted:

Where everybody knows your naaaaaame...

Cyclonus being a stern Victorian headmistress makes way too much sense.

I wish their hologram projections were like Mysterio's where some jerk changes them at will and the holograms just wind up being a single guy surrounded by Japanese Schoolgirls.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Acne Rain posted:

I kind of like this months Transformers: No Subtitle because we haven't heard as much from Soundwave's point of view and he's far more interesting than ShitLord Galvatron.

Also I think I'm okay with making Laserbeak and Buzzsaw just be Statler and Waldorf.
I straight up love barbarian warlord Galvatron but IDW's portrayal of Soundwave of late has actually been kinda great and is oddly consistent to the canon. It was a good issue, and surprising dark when it came to implications of racism as well as the hints of functionism (heh) that still happens in the Autobots.

The Onyx guy is probably a beastformer though (Onyx Prime is the lord of all beastformers in IDW)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

During the TFCon livestream, when people thought Rei was Peaugh I almost said "nope, that's actually TJ Omega" but ultimately I didn't because I'd like to be able to return to TFCon Toronto without the risk of getting stabbed to death afterwards

(Would have been funny, though)

You're welcome, Rei

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wish their hologram projections were like Mysterio's where some jerk changes them at will and the holograms just wind up being a single guy surrounded by Japanese Schoolgirls.

But then we wouldn't get cute little one-eyed girl Whirl.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

But then we wouldn't get cute little one-eyed girl Whirl.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

You know, I think this book is starting to loose me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
James Roberts knows exactly what I'm about. BRING ON THE METAFICTION

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

a man is having sex with a horse in that picture in the upper right hand corner.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

a man is having sex with a horse in that picture in the upper right hand corner.

That appears to be a large dog :geno:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

Join the club.

I can't tell if it's feedback from them doing CW though and losing editorial focus but it sure is meandering.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gammatron 64 posted:

Who's that as the 9th Doctor?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Why is bluestreak a girl when he's clearly not a girl in robot mode?

I can understand Tailgate being a sailor midget but everything else is poo poo.

Like what is this the holodeck from Startrek and everyone gets to play housewarming party? Like what is the point of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah uh... um... I'm not sure if this book is for me anymore.

You know how once upon a time I said that James Roberts is a better writer than we deserve?

No... no... I think we deserve this. This is exactly what we deserve.

Time to change the OP I guess.