Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

I'm just like you. I put my pants on one leg at a time. But in between putting on my pant legs I'll put on a sleeve or two. Maybe my chest piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

GyverMac posted:

Does this mean i can finally dress up as a roadwarrior smegma crazy with open buttflaps on my leather pants

You can probably go full on feral gays of the apocalypse by tactical use of freeballing and applying leather armor pieces around your body.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

the funny thing is that image kind of implies they'll use both systems. it looks like pieces that count as armor are modular, but your regular clothes are just one single outfit. kind of a bummer that you might not be able to customize your appearance as much outside of your armor suit

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Two arm slots and two leg slots, but no gloves, footwear, amulet, or hat slots. This is a failure of an armor system :colbert:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

No Ammo tab, therefore guns all have infinite ammo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The wedding ring actually implies that they'll have hand slots of some kind.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Only one hand slot as the other is taken up by your wedding ring that you wear constantly to remind you of your hetero marriage.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pwnstar posted:

No Ammo tab, therefore guns all have infinite ammo.
all character animations have been replaced with bobbing fixed models and YEAART noises

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
No shoes, huh? Well, it worked out in Die Hard.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cojawfee posted:

Only one hand slot as the other is taken up by your wedding ring that you wear constantly to remind you of your hetero marriage.

I thought that screen was just a mock-up because of the wedding ring. "John Fallout loves his different sex wife. To further drive this point home we should equip upon the player a wedding ring of no real emotional weight considering your wife dies super hard in the intro."

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

..poo poo. What if you all go in to the vault safe and sound, but everyone is gone when you wake up, and it isn't YOU that is the Android, but your spouse and child, kidnapped by the Institute and converted because of some pure-human vault dweller bullshit?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

The wedding ring actually implies that they'll have hand slots of some kind.

Well that just means they are missing the ring slot then! I will be seriously disappointed if fallout 4 doesn't have magic rings.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

No you see the tutorial is going to be so long so you have no choice but to build an emotional connection with your spouse. Your wife's foibles and likes will be randomized game to game, so you will have no choice but to learn that she doesn't like sugar bombs and really wishes you'd come to church with her more often instead of watching baseball. Only after you go on Let's Make a BIG Deal and pick the correct prize in their couples game do you properly demonstrate your love and understanding, thus allowing the bombs to drop so the game can begin. You monster. You attentive, sensitive monster.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Magmarashi posted:

..poo poo. What if you all go in to the vault safe and sound, but everyone is gone when you wake up, and it isn't YOU that is the Android, but your spouse and child, kidnapped by the Institute and converted because of some pure-human vault dweller bullshit?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

going to sell my wedding ring and buy all the chems with the mad money I'll get

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rutibex posted:

Two arm slots and two leg slots, but no gloves, footwear, amulet, or hat slots. This is a failure of an armor system :colbert:

When T. Howard stood up in front of ten million viewers and announced that Skyrim would implement an armor system that assumed the worst in its players by combining greaves, cuirasses, pauldrons, and occasionally bracers into single, absurdly simplistic items, I saw the writing on the wall for Fallout 4.

Fallout has always been about choices, customization, and freewill; this dumbed-down "outer outfit" mechanic is already on a slippery slope towards something much more niggardly. Mark my words: Fallout: Newer Orleans or Fallout 5 is going to eschew things like "Light Leather Left Leg" and "Light Leather Chest Piece" in favor of "Leather Outfit"--and you'll wear it over your other outfit.

Then T. Howard's going to roll out on a stupid electric trike for E3 2024 and scream about how Fallout 6 is going to "redefine the envelope" by allowing you to stack multiple one-piece outfits. "You start with your Vault 1001 suit...and then you can wear a pre-war outfit on top of it...and since it wouldn't be a Fallout game without one: We can put leather armor on top of this...and, yeah, let's finish it all off with a set of T-51B power armor."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I know that's the "chest piece" lit up there, but it looks like a wifebeater and tightie whities so I kind of hope that's an option. I want to wear a tank top, briefs and those Dad Socks that have the elastic straps to hold them up, and a nice pair of loafers. Also I want to have a pipe.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Fallout 6 sounds very sweaty in my opinion

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

King Vidiot posted:

I know that's the "chest piece" lit up there, but it looks like a wifebeater and tightie whities so I kind of hope that's an option. I want to wear a tank top, briefs and those Dad Socks that have the elastic straps to hold them up, and a nice pair of loafers. Also I want to have a pipe.

All games should have a Randy Marsh option, I agree.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Fallout 6 sounds very sweaty in my opinion

I wouldn't recommending doing lunges or squats in it, that's for sure.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Then T. Howard's going to roll out on a stupid electric trike for E3 2024 and scream about how Fallout 6 is going to "redefine the envelope" by allowing you to stack multiple one-piece outfits. "You start with your Vault 1001 suit...and then you can wear a pre-war outfit on top of it...and since it wouldn't be a Fallout game without one: We can put leather armor on top of this...and, yeah, let's finish it all off with a set of T-51B power armor."

I can't wait to stack armor upon armor and outfit upon outfit and have my character say "I'm Benny, could I be wearing any more clothes?" just in time for the reference to be on the 50th anniversary of the original joke.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Frankly, I don't see Fallout 4 ever seeing the light of day after that racist presentation at E3.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

When T. Howard stood up in front of ten million viewers and announced that Skyrim would implement an armor system that assumed the worst in its players by combining greaves, cuirasses, pauldrons, and occasionally bracers into single, absurdly simplistic items, I saw the writing on the wall for Fallout 4.

Fallout has always been about choices, customization, and freewill; this dumbed-down "outer outfit" mechanic is already on a slippery slope towards something much more niggardly. Mark my words: Fallout: Newer Orleans or Fallout 5 is going to eschew things like "Light Leather Left Leg" and "Light Leather Chest Piece" in favor of "Leather Outfit"--and you'll wear it over your other outfit.

Is this a copy/paste?

Who gives a poo poo about what the armour looks like on your PC, you don't even see yourself, every mirror is nonfunctional.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Bicyclops posted:

I can't wait to stack armor upon armor and outfit upon outfit and have my character say "I'm Benny, could I be wearing any more clothes?" just in time for the reference to be on the 50th anniversary of the original joke.

My inspiration for a Fallout 6 character:

Of course by then Fallout 6 and whatever TES game we're at will support full frontal nudity and sex scenes, after they're done stealing and monetizing all the most popular mods for themselves. It will also have a much improved physics engine so you can run around in third person view watching your junk giggle as you try to maneuver your way through a field of jagged, rusty metal while buck naked.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

FALLOUT 6

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The greatest thing about the Fallout 4 thread is how it makes me want to rewatch all of my favorite sitcoms, and then find a way to shoehorn all of the characters into the game. We've done Cheers and Friends, now all we need is Costanza to panic about the fact that he has a wife (and a kid!), and then dance with relief through the nuclear wasteland 200 years later.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Suddenly the voiced main character seems like a great idea when the mods to replace every voice line with Friends dialogue. "How you doin'?" will soon become the game's greeting while super mutants wail about smelly cats.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Bicyclops posted:

The greatest thing about the Fallout 4 thread is how it makes me want to rewatch all of my favorite sitcoms, and then find a way to shoehorn all of the characters into the game. We've done Cheers and Friends, now all we need is Costanza to panic about the fact that he has a wife (and a kid!), and then dance with relief through the nuclear wasteland 200 years later.

Master of the house, doling out the charm
Ready with a handshake and an open palm

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Whenever you're caught committing a crime, the option to defend yourself when you have low speech is just "WE WERE ON A BREAK!"

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Every loving intercom interaction gets George's "Im not homeee" jingle in full.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

And I'll tell you something else, I'm not even going to ask you. I want to know. But I'm not going to ask. You'll tell me when you feel comfortable.

So what was it? Four hundred? Five hundred? Did you pay five hundred for this? Over six? Can't be seven. Don't tell me you paid seven hundred bottlecaps for this black bat with a razor attached to the end of it! Did you pay seven hundred caps for this bat? Is that what you're saying to me?! You are sick! Is that what you paid for a baseball bat?! Over seven hundred? What did you pay for this bat?

I won't say anything.

I wanna know what you paid for this bat! Oh my God! A thousand caps?! You paid a thousand caps for this razorbat?! Alright, fine. I'm walking out of here right now thinking you paid a thousand bottlecaps for this baseball bat, which is black and has a razor on it, unless you tell me different.

Oh, ho! Alright! I'll tell you what, if you don't say anything in the next five seconds, I'll know it was over a thousand.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The player sits confused at the wasteland physician's comment and affiliated claimed offense.. Uncle Leo's eyebrows werent visible at all. Was this a graphical issue?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Patch 1.1:

• Fixed an issue in which NPCs eating a grapefruit near player character caused graphical glitches in the player's eye region.
  • Removed faulty dialog in which character yelled "Hey Yo-yo Ma!" and fell on the floor.
  • Fixed an issue with the pool quest which was causing graphical errors with certain player mods.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Anybody know where I can find more crazy poo poo like that train hat earlier in the thread?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

TontoCorazon posted:

Anybody know where I can find more crazy poo poo like that train hat earlier in the thread?

Load up Fallout 3 or NV and play for a bit. Or relatedly literally any Bethesda game. I'm sure that their Wayne Gretzky and Terminator games from a billion years ago have hilarious bugs too.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Boogaleeboo posted:

Gretzky and Terminator

I wish this was one game.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TontoCorazon posted:

Play Daggerfall :getin:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

JoshTheStampede posted:

It wasn't that bad, a bit unbalanced though. Terminator has terrible performance in the rink but if he ever got into a brawl with Gretzky it was game over.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

JoshTheStampede posted:

If it was anything like this, it wouldn't live up to the concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Paladin Cushman: Elder Steinbrenner, sir. There’s someone here I’d like you to meet. This is Initiate Costanza.

Elder Steinbrenner: Nice to meet you.

George: Well, I wish I could say the same, but I must say, with all due respect, I find it very hard to see the logic behind some of the moves you have made with this fine organization. In the past twenty years, you have caused myself, and the entire Mojave, a good deal of distress as we have watched you take our beloved Brotherhood and reduced them to a laughing stock, all for the glorification of your massive ego.

Elder Steinbrenner: Hire this man!

• Locked thread