Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
but if they believe in demons and wizards that's okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you believe things you know probably aren't true but that makes reality easier to understand.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

Sometimes you believe things you know probably aren't true but that makes reality easier to understand.

This is true.

I think people believe in ghosts because they've had a loved one die and want to think there's some proof of an afterlife.

After my step-father's mother died he got super into ghosts and actually started a ghost hunting business/club. He had always been into weird stuff like ghost stories and aliens and all that A&E/History channel conspiracy nonsense, but it got serious after his mom died. He had a little group of friends and they started going to famously haunted places nearby with all this equipment to measure whatever nonsense, I don't even know. They then I guess got popular enough to go to people's houses who thought their house was haunted, and they'd check it out. He never took any money from these people, so I don't know if I'd call it a business. I don't even think he got gas money from them even though sometimes they'd live hours away. He just did it because he really believed in it and wanted to see if he could find proof.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Phoneposting one-handedly from the plasma donation joint.

Ghost is a pretty cool band.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

JakeP posted:

no i dont believe in ghosts and I think anyone who has a story about experiencing a ghost is either a liar, or a crazy person

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I liked the one ghost hunter show that had former Philadelphia Eagles star Linebacker Jeremiah trotter with Gary Busey and Gilbert Gottfried hunting ghosts together and also picabo street http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861748/

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I liked the one ghost hunter show that had former Philadelphia Eagles star Linebacker Jeremiah trotter with Gary Busey and Gilbert Gottfried hunting ghosts together and also picabo street http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861748/

That is quite an eclectic spread of celebrities.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

That is quite an eclectic spread of celebrities.

ya i couldnt even list them all in my post, i mean it also has coolio, danny bonaduce, joe piscapoe, evander holyfield, and weeman from jackass

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 27, 2020

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ghosts are real, my mom saw a ghost one time and it's a story that I do not believe she could have easily fabricated or half asleep brain made up unless extreme coincidence or unless she's straight up a liar and I know my mom is not a liar

I believe in ghosts~

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
who plays the ghost?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I hate fun.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I like sleep. Sleep is very nice. Am I allowed to just sleep for the next week and a half?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
if I was sleeping beauty and prince charming came and kissed me to wake me up id be loving pissed at him for waking me up

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

if I was sleeping beauty and prince charming came and kissed me to wake me up id be loving pissed at him for waking me up

I don't think you'd need to worry about being kissed.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I don't think you'd need to worry about being kissed.

it was a hypothetical

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

it was a hypothetical

Well it would have to be if it involved willingly kissing you right?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ok pretend I am a beautiful princess

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

ok pretend I am a beautiful princess

You may possess beauty on the outside, but your heart is wicked and cruel.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

You may possess beauty on the outside, but your heart is wicked and cruel.

but im in a coma, so my personality is moot

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

Oh my goodness! An unconscious woman! She needs medical assistance immediately! I shall call for an ambulance posthaste!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

In that case I wouldn't kiss ya if you know what I mean 😂

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

I only sleep for ~4 hours a night and I'm totally fubctopnal.

Do you really? I usually get 8 hours a night

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am legitimately envious of anybody who can sleep normally. I get insomnia hardcore.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't get insomnia but there is so many fun things I would rather be doing at night instead of sleeping and I end up staying up later than I should and being tired in the morning

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I usually sleep for about 6 hours and I'm good

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i CAN sleep normally. i just cant bring myself to spend so much time doing it when i could be watching a show or reading a book or something

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

I don't get insomnia but there is so many fun things I would rather be doing at night instead of sleeping and I end up staying up later than I should and being tired in the morning

yeah basically this

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

I usually sleep for about 6 hours and I'm good

i used to sleep 9 or 10 hours, then 8, then 7, and now 6ish. eventually i wont sleep at all. that is called 'death'

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Exactly this. Never enough time to do everything I want.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I am legitimately envious of anybody who can sleep normally. I get insomnia hardcore.

Same. I get between 4-6 hours a night and a friendship with caffeine and early morning grumpiness later, I am a perfectly affable and productive young man. I imagine this is harder on people who are literally comprised of butt gelatin such as yourself, Keane, but in time you will find a chair.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I wake up at 7am at the latest, even on weekends. Never get old.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I go to bed between 1:30 and 3am and am up at 9:30 am on weekdays and 10-11am on weekends

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I do this thing where I wake up for work every day between 6-7a but stay up until 4a or so on nights where I have the next day off, resulting in me waking up around 1pm on said day off. I do this if I can, anyway. Unfortunately, as I've gotten older, I've found there are more things for me to do and people for me to see and I end up being annoyed about it every day. Adulthood is poop.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've discovered that if left alone I sleep 8 hours on the dot give or take 5 minutes, it's scary punctual. Otherwise I can sleep 6 hours without a problem though I need to put on alarm (at which point I have always woken up nearly exactly five minutes before said-alarm goes off). I can run on 4 hours fine but I'm grumpy.

The weird thing is that since I've been about 25 I have trouble staying up late. Around 1 am I actually get tired, this would never happen until about 4 or 5 am before. Though I've noticed if I manage to keep up until after 2:30 am then I'm wide awake again. I'm definitely a morning/late night person and I'm incredibly groggy in the afternoon. I don't drink coffee cause it fucks with my guts but I do love the taste.

I sleep on my back with at least one arm behind/above my head, the other one is usually pretty spread out too. What positions are more commonly used here? And don't they mean something?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My favourite sleeping position was always on my stomach with one leg straight and one bent, which was always just for whatever reason maximum comfortable, but I've found as I've been losing weight that I can't sleep on my stomach easily anymore cause I can feel my ribs and they hurt when I lie on them. I need that fatty cushion.

At this point I am physically able to stay up until around 4am, but usually 2am is absolutely the latest that I can be awake and functional. I get up for swimming every day at 8:30, but I'm considering going to swimming earlier so I may need to start going to bed at a more reasonable adult time. When I was fresh out of university I got a job that was 4-11pm and then I'd come home, stay up until 7am then sleep until 2pm to get up for work. I cannot imagine doing that now.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I don't normally have insomnia, but I'm going through nicotine withdrawals and it sucks, especially since I'm also getting heavy fatigue as a symptom as well. Basically, I'm completely exhausted all the time, but can't actually sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip