Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Sorced posted:

You get the peace of westphalia when the league war ends without either side enforcing the religious superiority wargoal. If you mean the catholic auto-win if the protestants never start the war, that can fire after 30 years with a mtth of 5 years.

Oh, I thought you could only get Westphalia if it white peace'd due to length of the war, which is what the wiki kind of makes it sound like.

So if I'm the leader of a weaker league against the AI, the trick would be to try and hold it together just long enough to get a 10% score and white peace out? I'm playing as protestant so it's at least a partial win for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

effsea posted:

My near-perfect Ottomans Republic opening so far, after 10+ tries where I learned many things:

Is there a way to create a non-Ironman backup in case I ever want to play back this moment?
This is hilariously amazing. Why do you want to be a republic?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Because noble republics rule, and as a sunni who can't get PUs it's even more worth it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I finally managed to unionize France as England. In 1510 (a hundred years too late? :v: ). But France was kinda down to 13 provinces after losing them to me, Burgundy, Aragorn and Brittany (my marsh). They also had had to release some provinces. Now to go after Burgundy and make them release the French land they so greedily stole, as soon as all this AE drops a bit. :toot:

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 22, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tahirovic posted:

Because noble republics rule, and as a sunni who can't get PUs it's even more worth it.

Did you try just taking religious ideas lol

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Bort Bortles posted:

This is hilariously amazing. Why do you want to be a republic?

you can take Plutocratic ideas and ultimately get culture acceptance threshold nominally below 0%

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Trying a Sun God run. Think I'm doing decently, about 13 years left to finish Westernizing and only France and Britain have bothered trying to colonize the area. I can't tell if Muturu, Uruguay, or Sante Fe are coastal provinces or not though. Any idea?

e:

TTBF fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 22, 2015

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

you can take Plutocratic ideas and ultimately get culture acceptance threshold nominally below 0%

Presumably there's a hard limit to how low it can get though.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Sante fe is iirc

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Gort posted:

Presumably there's a hard limit to how low it can get though.

there wasn't with attrition suffered

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TTBF posted:

Trying a Sun God run. Think I'm doing decently, about 13 years left to finish Westernizing and only France and Britain have bothered trying to colonize the area. I can't tell if Muturu, Uruguay, or Sante Fe are coastal provinces or not though. Any idea?

e:
If I remember correctly (I am at work so I cant check):

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
Whored myself out for the various Poland achievements and thought I'd share some screenshots. I'll warn you all when AI borders might appear

Moldavia and Albania are my marches, Moldavia decided to go nuts and fabricated claims on most of Hungary and the Ottomans. Once they passed 300 development though I didn't want to keep giving them reasons to rebel so I brought Albania back and fed them into relevance. I supported Sweden within the first couple years and we were bros for the entire game, taking turns eating Muscovy. We both also allied Austria when they lost the HRE title and fed a bit, which led to Austria gaining it back for most of the game. If I wanted to eat into Germany more I would have dropped them but I was pretty happy with our triumvirate keeping Europe in check.

:siren: AI borders incoming :siren:

Europe. Brittany and Nevers were allied to each other and some other minors in the HRE which lead to France never attacking them? England lost the southern coast to France in the early reconquest wars, and then neither country did anything about it for the rest of the game. I can't recall actually seeing England in any wars aside from colonial rebellions, actually. Castile imploded around 1550, which lead to Portugal snatching up Galicia and Leon, but managed to stay in Europe until about 1750. France was my rival for most of the game but they managed to keep getting into major coalitions so I didn't have to actually do much. I was involved in a war with them that Austria started up around 1805 which led to the French Revolution finally triggering in 1818. The 13 stack of rebels promptly died.

I didn't really look at Africa all game, but Tunis was snatched up by Naples after they tried to help the Ottomans in one of their wars against me. Castile's new capital is down by the Cape, surrounded by Portugal. I guess after kicking them out of Europe they decided they could let them be for a while.

South America was relatively calm all game, both Brazil and Colombia rebelled against Portugal and England fairly early but Peru and Chile didn't become independent until the last decade.

:siren:THE AI BORDER THREAT LEVEL HAS BEEN RAISED TO RED:siren:

North America. Probably should have zoomed in a little more looking at this screenshot but whatever. Haiti and the UPCA were both English colonies but as I mentioned England didn't really do much all game. They got their independence around the same time Brazil and Colombia did, I believe.

Bonus picture of my favorite colony name.

Asia never really imploded and after one pretty ugly war I didn't bother going back there when I could just beat up the Ottomans and take their land without any issues.

Special shoutout to whatever cosmic horror beyond time and space I appeased in order to get Vladislovas the first. No special events for those stats, he just popped up as my heir one day and I was sure he'd never take the throne. He reigned for just under sixty years and it turns out when you have 6/4/5 stats for that long your game gets pretty easy.

Final scorescreen and bonus world map.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tendronai posted:

Whored myself out for the various Poland achievements and thought I'd share some screenshots. I'll warn you all when AI borders might appear

Moldavia and Albania are my marches, Moldavia decided to go nuts and fabricated claims on most of Hungary and the Ottomans. Once they passed 300 development though I didn't want to keep giving them reasons to rebel so I brought Albania back and fed them into relevance. I supported Sweden within the first couple years and we were bros for the entire game, taking turns eating Muscovy. We both also allied Austria when they lost the HRE title and fed a bit, which led to Austria gaining it back for most of the game. If I wanted to eat into Germany more I would have dropped them but I was pretty happy with our triumvirate keeping Europe in check.

:siren: AI borders incoming :siren:

Europe. Brittany and Nevers were allied to each other and some other minors in the HRE which lead to France never attacking them? England lost the southern coast to France in the early reconquest wars, and then neither country did anything about it for the rest of the game. I can't recall actually seeing England in any wars aside from colonial rebellions, actually. Castile imploded around 1550, which lead to Portugal snatching up Galicia and Leon, but managed to stay in Europe until about 1750. France was my rival for most of the game but they managed to keep getting into major coalitions so I didn't have to actually do much. I was involved in a war with them that Austria started up around 1805 which led to the French Revolution finally triggering in 1818. The 13 stack of rebels promptly died.

I didn't really look at Africa all game, but Tunis was snatched up by Naples after they tried to help the Ottomans in one of their wars against me. Castile's new capital is down by the Cape, surrounded by Portugal. I guess after kicking them out of Europe they decided they could let them be for a while.

South America was relatively calm all game, both Brazil and Colombia rebelled against Portugal and England fairly early but Peru and Chile didn't become independent until the last decade.

:siren:THE AI BORDER THREAT LEVEL HAS BEEN RAISED TO RED:siren:

North America. Probably should have zoomed in a little more looking at this screenshot but whatever. Haiti and the UPCA were both English colonies but as I mentioned England didn't really do much all game. They got their independence around the same time Brazil and Colombia did, I believe.

Bonus picture of my favorite colony name.

Asia never really imploded and after one pretty ugly war I didn't bother going back there when I could just beat up the Ottomans and take their land without any issues.

Special shoutout to whatever cosmic horror beyond time and space I appeased in order to get Vladislovas the first. No special events for those stats, he just popped up as my heir one day and I was sure he'd never take the throne. He reigned for just under sixty years and it turns out when you have 6/4/5 stats for that long your game gets pretty easy.

Final scorescreen and bonus world map.
This is awesome. Please tell me more about this cosmic horror from beyond time and space is so I, too, can appease him/her/it.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mainland Haiti :eyepop:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

All advisors are women, that's kinda unusual. Two of them are from events and the price reduction really helps.

My king died, and then the heir died during regency. It's been a few years now and still no new ruler. Just pull out the sword already!

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
While playing Japan, I had the Honnoji event fire off twice in quick succession killing my decent young ruler and his awesome heir. Stop going to that drat temple!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

So in my Inca game it's 1651 and my military tech is just one level behind. My administrative is waaay behind and my diplomatic is slowly catching up. I've got exploration maxed out, the colonist from expansion, and am nearly maxed on economics. I just helped Brazil (which owns a good chunk of its namesake region but luckily not more than 1/3rd) win an independence war against England, who I was able to stop pretty easily. I'm sure I can do the same to Portugal and France, although the latter will be harder due to bordering French Colombia and French La Plata. I am confident I can win any defensive war. Currently my allies are Brazil and Spain. My questions now are:

1) Should I start grabbing the coast before filling up the inland holes?
2) Should I ditch the extra colonist and replace the idea group with something else? I'll probably go after a diplomatic group since I don't want to fall behind on military tech and I'm still waaay behind on administrative.
3) Is there any way to raise liberty desire in a neighboring colony? France isn't taxing its colonies very heavily.
4) Oh god, inflation. I've got economic ideas but I'm still earning a ton of inflation from gold provinces. Even with the advisor I get inflation.
At this point I've got the rest of it figured out. But I'm not exactly sure on these four things.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 22, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

TTBF posted:

3) Is there any way to raise liberty desire in a neighboring colony? France isn't taxing its colonies very heavily.

Would love to know if there's a way to do this as well. I've got about 2/3rds of South America wrapped up, but the other third are owned by a giant Argentine (GB colony) and a giant Spanish Brazil. GB and Spain are basically allied with half of Europe so I'd love to avoid fighting any combination of GB/France/Spain/Portugal/Scandanavia/Austria if I can. Taking all the colonial land and then sitting there for a decade while the parent nation slowly gets its poo poo together and sends some troops over doesn't seem particularly fun either.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Can you get lady leaders if you're a republic? When I play a custom nation I always make my first leader a lady, but then I don't see any more after. It would be a minority, but I certainly got lady monarchs, I just don't seem to get any female grand dodges or what ever.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Can you get lady leaders if you're a republic? When I play a custom nation I always make my first leader a lady, but then I don't see any more after. It would be a minority, but I certainly got lady monarchs, I just don't seem to get any female grand dodges or what ever.

When I was going through the country files I noticed like 2 names for Venice. If you wanted more you could boost the number after the negative or add more names

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Wiz, I'm guessing this isn't possible but please make it so that when you become a revolutionary republic the date format changes to a revolutionary calendar.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

When I played as the Aboriginal Ambrosian Republic of Bone, Indonesia I may be wrong but I think I got a few female captain-generals.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 23, 2015

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
There's also a value in defines.lua you can change to get like exclusively female leaders. I set it so it did that for a few of my games and then broke it and haven't figured out how to get it back, but it's definitely there somewhere.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Is there a reason my papal controller mission reward is tied to the ruler of the Netherlands? :confused:

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Finished Persia in 1683. Using Syria and Ottomans as a blocker for Africa/Europe was really awesome for coring Greece/Egypt for practically free. That made up for the game killing off 4/4/6, 3/6/4, and 6/6/4 heirs before they ever reached the throne and a 15 year regency in the middle.

Europe took advantage of the Mamluks destroying the Ottomans and made Greece into this disaster.

One cool thing was when Shiabro Bahamanis decided to get the one province Portugal managed to get from them back. I joined in and beat up Milan and Tuscany for fun while Bahamanis did this:

You can make it

You did it!

Wait why is your warscore so low this war has been going on for years?

gently caress.

They marched all the way to Lisbon but couldn't figure out how to siege a fort while Portugal sailed around unnoticed and grabbed the wargoal and white peaced. I made them return Goa a few years later while dismantling the Knights though so it all worked out.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Arzakon posted:

One cool thing was when Shiabro Bahamanis decided to get the one province Portugal managed to get from them back. I joined in and beat up Milan and Tuscany for fun while Bahamanis did this:

You can make it

You did it!

Wait why is your warscore so low this war has been going on for years?

gently caress.

They marched all the way to Lisbon but couldn't figure out how to siege a fort while Portugal sailed around unnoticed and grabbed the wargoal and white peaced. I made them return Goa a few years later while dismantling the Knights though so it all worked out.

This is the stupidest loving poo poo. Wiz please fix it, you're our only hope.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

BBJoey posted:

Is there a reason my papal controller mission reward is tied to the ruler of the Netherlands? :confused:

There's something really weird going on with ruler names. In my Bengal game I kept getting weird instances like yours where a mission would succeed and it would last until my ruler "Nasir-ud-Din von Gemmingen" would die. It would replace my ruler's name either entirely with a different one, or only change the dynasty/given name to a different nations'.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

TTBF posted:

Wiz, I'm guessing this isn't possible but please make it so that when you become a revolutionary republic the date format changes to a revolutionary calendar.

Also make sure you have an event where you execute the person who creates that calendar for +1 stability.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

BBJoey posted:

What map mod is that?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310638421 and nothing else.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Say I'm BYZ and expanding into the levant. If I make a two province vassal, like Lebanon, extending from the Mediterranean to the wasteland desert... Would the provinces below be distant overseas and cheap to core? Could I take all of North Africa like that?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yep, as long as you don't connect all the way around through Arabia or something. But Egypt is pretty rich, so it might be a better idea to create that gap in Tripolitania instead.

drat, now that I try it out, that actually looks way better than it does with the full TBARW. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
EDIT: Whoops misread

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah that mod makes the map look fantastic. Only problem is that some regions become hard on the eyes during winter. I think Yarkand, for example, becomes just a sheet of neon white/yellow.

Finished up A Sun God tonight, and it was honestly pretty uneventful. Waited 100 years while reforming, westernized, spent another 100 years building up a 200k army+80 heavy ships and catching up in tech, then picked off the European colonies in ~1680. I thought it would be a huge pain in the rear end at one point when Portugal, Spain, and GB owned all the territory I needed and were all allied with each other, but I managed to get an alliance with France and Morocco and ended up being able to pick them off pretty much one by one.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
The only thing that I do not like about that TBARW Extra mod is that it is still kind of hard to look at HRE lands and parse who owns what to me at the start of the game, because the HRE uses a lot of lighter colours in very close proximity, which are only made lighter by the transparency, which is only further worsened in Winter. Arumba used it for a while in the Common Sense game, and it makes map colours so similar that even Austria and Switzerland were hard to tell apart in Winter at a quick glance. When one of those is normally white, and another brown, then something is off.

I think it looks real pretty, but the colours need to be darker shades, or more distinct.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Another Person posted:

The only thing that I do not like about that TBARW Extra mod is that it is still kind of hard to look at HRE lands and parse who owns what to me at the start of the game, because the HRE uses a lot of lighter colours in very close proximity, which are only made lighter by the transparency, which is only further worsened in Winter. Arumba used it for a while in the Common Sense game, and it makes map colours so similar that even Austria and Switzerland were hard to tell apart in Winter at a quick glance. When one of those is normally white, and another brown, then something is off.

I think it looks real pretty, but the colours need to be darker shades, or more distinct.
That's historical though. The Habsburg too had trouble realizing that Switzerland was not part of Austria.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Well you gotta give them some slack, it must have sucked being HRE but your own namesake castle isn't in your domain. (the Habsburg is in Aargau, Switzerland)

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Another Person posted:

I never really use political map, just terrain and diplomatic. Who cares what those guys call their country, it only matters if there are claims, cores, alliance or wars :hist101:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pyromancer posted:

I never really use political map, just terrain and diplomatic. Who cares what those guys call their country, it only matters if there are claims, cores, alliance or wars :hist101:
*Army set to rebel suppression sets out to destroy heretic.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Well look who just got herself appointed Dogaressa for Life

This must be the best luck I've ever had with the Ambrosian Republic event firing

• Locked thread