Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Silhouette Wires posted:

I recently leveled a gunner after they came out. It was a real blast. I've played slayer till the 30s they are also fun and have great attacks. You will pick up both very quickly. I personally like gunner over slayer but you can't go wrong with either. Also I've yet to find any mmo that can't match tera's combat.

Sweet, thanks. Sounds like I can't really lose whatever I end up picking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

THE loving MOON posted:

Sorta thinking about giving this a shot. The last 'MMO' I played was PSO2, and aside from nostalgia I liked it for it's fast paced Action-RPG combat. As far as I can tell, there's nothing else out there but Tera that offers that kind of gameplay. So question- I love comically oversized weapons. Are the Slayer and Gunner classes easy enough to jump into?

I recently started playing this game too, just a few days ago. I chose gunner as my first character, and I have to say it is a lot of fun. I just reached level 20, and am enjoying it.

Interesting to note that you can only play a gunner if you are a female castanic, or a female elf. Not that I'm complaining.

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
is the pvp scene dead in TERA

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So what is the point of this stamina system? I see literally no point to it. Maybe to force you to take a break in real life or something?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's some dumb old-school bullshit about making death have ~serious consequences~

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

The hardcore boat sailed a long time ago on this game.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Skwee posted:

So what is the point of this stamina system? I see literally no point to it. Maybe to force you to take a break in real life or something?

The same reason WoW still has resurrection sickness, it's just a legacy they are too lazy to or can't remove.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Skwee posted:

It is mostly what others already posted, but in addition it also acts as one of the game's money sinks.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Well, I made a gunner and got through the tutorial island last night. I'm surprised, I expected to just dutifully slog my way through and learn how to do everything from the wiki, but the tutorial was a lot more competent than most. Also fun, what a world. Lunesta, the gun-toting boob-elf lives :madmax:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Anny-Mouse posted:

is the pvp scene dead in TERA

If you queue up for a match of CS it'll take you 10 minutes or so maybe. If you mean 'hardcore pvp' well TERA is sorta a casual game, so...

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Anyone have any clue why my character doesn't show up as being on a server for the server selection screen? It shows no characters on the server, but if I go to the server it shows my character fine. Also if I go to the server transfer web page it doesn't show up in the server either, but other random low level characters I have all show up on that web page as well as on the server selection screen showing (1) or (2) depending. Like if I make a new character on the server my main character is on it only shows (1) even though there are 2 characters.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Another code for another hat

FruitAttacks

Expires 6th of August

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
if i delete all of the characters on a server, do my bank items stay in the bank, or do they magically disappear

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
So I am thinking of trying out the game this weekend. How disappointed will I be if I use a warrior to tank?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all, Warrior is a very fun and interesting class and in my experience teaming with them is a good tank. I'll tell you up front it's harder to tank with Warrior than it is with Lancer though.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I thought that the last patch was removing the 1s CD on Warrior block, so theoretically Warrior tanking should be better than ever.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Can someone explain to me what naturetune naturebeat and naturetrill are? Like for the boxes you can buy with sandcastle medallions. I have no clue what I should get or what the difference is

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Skwee posted:

Can someone explain to me what naturetune naturebeat and naturetrill are? Like for the boxes you can buy with sandcastle medallions. I have no clue what I should get or what the difference is

This is my new favorite site for all things Tera:
http://zephya.wix.com/tera#!accesories/c1mcr

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

So any reports on how rare the items are in the promo boxes?

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/introducing-kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack

For every 5 catalysts the player gives to Kyra, the player will receive one of the following prizes, awarded at random:

10,000 and 5,000 EMP Prizes
Premium Alkahest jackpots (500 and 250)
Extensive Alkahest jackpots (1,000 and 500)
Blessed Enigmatic Scroll jackpots (300 and 100)
Master Enigmatic Scroll jackpots (500 and 200)
Spellbind jackpots (1,000 and 500)
Level 60 Scroll
Elite Status Voucher (30-day)
Costumes and accessories from the following sets: Fancy Dress, Legitimate Business, Bloodshadow Ninja, Wonderland, Pirates, Smart Uniform, and Animals (2014), plus some previously unreleased accessories
Extensive Alkahest (50)
Spellbind (75)
Master Enigmatic Scroll (30)
Goddess' Blessing (3)
Semi-Enigmatic Scroll (75)
Tier 7 feedstock (150)
Noctenium infusion (200)

I mean I imagine it's something like 95% skewed towards the lower half of that list, but still if one Ghilliglade clear will get you a chance at it that seems like a pretty nice promotion.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I've only gotten to do it twice so far (from leveling) 1st time I got a plaid gamekeeper's hat (flat cap thing) and the second time I got 50 extensive alkahest that I don't know what to do with. Probably just save them?

Skwee fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 8, 2015

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

I played this game back when it was still in cbt and pay to play, so it has been a long time since I touched Tera, so do people still prefer Mystics over Priest in dungeon contents? Also is there an option to have characters transfer over to Mount Tyrannas so I can play with you all?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

wfwon posted:

I played this game back when it was still in cbt and pay to play, so it has been a long time since I touched Tera, so do people still prefer Mystics over Priest in dungeon contents? Also is there an option to have characters transfer over to Mount Tyrannas so I can play with you all?

You should be able to transfer in your account screen, I think it's free?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I believe it was free for a short period but I think normally it's one of those paid services.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

My friend has used about 6 potions and got a permanent costume. I've done 3 and got consumable stuff. Who knows what the chances are, though.

Extensive alkahest will be important for level 65 gear to enchant with, so save all you can!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Just downloaded the game and sent an application to the guild.

IGN: Jager.Catahoula

In as an Aman Lancer because I love tanking above all else.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

so does this game have a giant memory leak or something? i started playing and have been having fun but after an hour or so i always have to restart the client because the game progressively slows down to the point where it becomes entirely unplayable.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Cardboard Box posted:

so does this game have a giant memory leak or something? i started playing and have been having fun but after an hour or so i always have to restart the client because the game progressively slows down to the point where it becomes entirely unplayable.

No trouble running for hours on end here

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's really weird. it's definitely a memory leak because my entire computer starts to bog down and no other games do it.

edit: so, this is weird: i've been playing with my friend, and i remembered that they said they disabled controller usage right away, and have had zero troubles. i've been playing exclusively with controller. i disabled it and switched to mouse and keyboard and things appear to be running perfectly smooth now.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 10, 2015

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Ah, yeah I disabled that right away too because my joystick was causing my mouse to move constantly.

Cholfo
Sep 16, 2007
Figure I'll give this game another shot after not liking it much at launch, gunners look fun.

In as Bumbleshot.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

How is healing in this game? I usually play healers but it seems like DPS might be more fun for a first class.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

strong bird posted:

How is healing in this game? I usually play healers but it seems like DPS might be more fun for a first class.

It is not traditional healing since the game involves a pretty robust action combat system and everyone is expected to dodge and position a lot. With that said, I do recommend DPS as your first time experience even if you only get through a handful of dungeons before deciding to roll a healing class. Don't feel too pressured to go DPS first if you really love healing but that is my 2 cents.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 10, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you want to play a healer I would definitely go with priest over mystic. Not that it's necessarily stronger or anything, but priest is much more engaging to actually play than mystic is, both when in a group and when soloing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mystic has a lot more short-term tasks and cooldown poo poo to monitor and do than Priest does, which can be good or bad depending on what you like to play. Priest is easier to keep people from dying with, Mystic is somewhat better at buffing party offense if the player is really on the ball and also has Avatar of Bosskilling. Maybe it's true that priest is more engaging to solo with but Mystic is super blatantly a million times easier due to a useful meatshield and the aforementioned Avatar of Bosskilling.

The biggest and worst failing of Mystic is the cleanse/status breaker is single target (can be modified to multiple iirc) and requires a lock-on, while Priest just fires a huge un-targeted AOE.

e: If you are brand new to TERA start with priest to learn the game a bit and then try Mystic, because teaming while playing a Mystic is many times more complicated.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 10, 2015

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Played a bit over the weekend and figured I might casually stick with it for a while.

Applied to the Goon Guild as Essz.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

how do i get a frickin swimsuit, i wanna get one before the summer event ends

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Are you sure there even is one?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
They had an event last month that had swimsuit drops but that's over and done with.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

aw frick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

It's not too bad you can still buy them on the Trade Broker.

• Locked thread