Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

From the official DNC store!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Hillary Clinton has is 51% unfavorable nationally :stare:

I'd bet there's a lot of Democrats who have an unfavorable opinion of Hillary but will vote for her anyway.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

I'd bet there's a lot of Democrats who have an unfavorable opinion of Hillary but will vote for her anyway.

Her biggest problem is a relatively large net unfavorable with moderates, who are the sort of people who might vote for Bush on a bad day and Trump on a really bad day.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bernie polls better with "somewhat liberal" voters than "very liberal" voters. I wonder if the very liberal voters are more closely tied to the democratic party and therefore Hillary?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Whoever comes up with DNC merchandise is on-loving-point. Better be Trump references on that thing.

This upcoming debate's going to be the most-watched primary debate ever.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Speaking of which, I tried to buy an Official Trump 2016 T-shirt last night but he isn't selling any swag -- though he has a donation button even though he claimed he was self fundraising. What gives?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Joementum posted:

Graham told CBS that he spent all day with the IJR crew hunting down 12 flip phones they could destroy.

Sounds like a great way for a Senator who is also running for President to spend time.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Feral_Shofixti posted:

lmao some of these

"Your candidate talks to President Obama as if he were present"

"Your candidate is asked if he agrees with Donald Trump (even if your candidate is Donald Trump)"

"Your candidate invokes Ronald Reagan"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Paper With Lines posted:

Speaking of which, I tried to buy an Official Trump 2016 T-shirt last night but he isn't selling any swag -- though he has a donation button even though he claimed he was self fundraising. What gives?

The lesson is that Donald Trump is always willing to accept your money as long as you don't ask for anything in return.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Four Score posted:

"Your candidate invokes Ronald Reagan"

This one is the free space, right?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

I can't find it on Google right now, but could someone relink that graphic showing average daily fundraising v % from small donors?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Feral_Shofixti posted:

I am sorely tempted.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Feral_Shofixti posted:

JT Jag posted:

I am sorely tempted.

No if, ands, or gently caress-alls about it, I'm purchasing the hell out of this lol.

There ain't a single person in the GOP lineup that beats Chaffee or Webb, which makes me feel way better about Sanders or Clinton. gently caress it, these debates are gonna be good as hell. Might as well enjoy the trip, and watch the GOP rip itself apart.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Walker at #2 on the PPP poll

Please do not be the nominee

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Vox Nihili posted:

Bernie polls better with "somewhat liberal" voters than "very liberal" voters. I wonder if the very liberal voters are more closely tied to the democratic party and therefore Hillary?

Self-identification is not very good when it comes to political ideology. I recall some high single-digit percentage of self-described "liberal" voters pulling the lever for Bush during his reign of terror. The discourse in this country is hosed up.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Feral_Shofixti posted:

I want one, but I also don't want to give the DNC 40 bucks and/or any of my personal information

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DOOP posted:

I want one, but I also don't want to give the DNC 40 bucks and/or any of my personal information

Vox, 538, The Upshot, Buzzfeed, the Vulture, and Gawker will all have GOP bingo cards on the day of the first debate.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Walker at #2 on the PPP poll

Please do not be the nominee

Walker might be scarier than Trump.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Feather posted:

Self-identification is not very good when it comes to political ideology. I recall some high single-digit percentage of self-described "liberal" voters pulling the lever for Bush during his reign of terror. The discourse in this country is hosed up.

Matched up pretty well for virtually all the other candidates in this poll, however.

quote:

Walker might be scarier than Trump.

Walker is without a doubt scarier than Trump. Fortunately, there is already a large, motivated group of people who know and hate him.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Paper With Lines posted:

A true Tumper would find a way to make his own tshirt (or get mexican workers to make it for them). The donation button points to a malware site, if your some looser that thinks that Trump needs your money enjoy your ask.com search bar.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They gave out itchy "Make America Great" Trump shits at some of his events before he announced.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr Hootington posted:

They gave out itchy "Make America Great" Trump shits at some of his events before he announced.
The most representative of campaign merch.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm gonna assume that wasn't a typo and Trump is just everything I had hoped he was.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rick Perry wants to shut down the EPA and give everyone itchy shits

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Vox Nihili posted:

Walker is without a doubt scarier than Trump. Fortunately, there is already a large, motivated group of people who know and hate him.

True, but Wisconsin is just a fraction in the general election.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Hillary Clinton has is 51% unfavorable nationally :stare:

Nanomashoes posted:

quote:

What I'm learning is that there are people whose voting preferences are Trump>Hillary>Bush.

Father Wendigo posted:

You guys are going to be feeling really silly when President Trump opens up the pacification camps.

Seriously though, let's hear some speculation as to what Hill-dawg's strategy is going to be against the GOP's 'Trump Card*.'

[* - should it ever come to that]

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

This is now a bucket list item

Take a 'Make America Great' poo poo.

Not sure how to do this yet, but it sounds glorious.

What kind of music should i play?

Should I wear a costume?

What sort of food would make up a 'Make America Great' poo poo?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Father Wendigo posted:

What I'm learning is that there are people whose voting preferences are Trump>Hillary>Bush.

Seriously though, let's hear some speculation as to what Hill-dawg's strategy is going to be against the GOP's 'Trump Card*.'

[* - should it ever come to that]
[/quote]

Her strategy would be to divert money and resources to close House and Senate races since the presidential race would be a foregone conclusion. She probably wouldn't even bother going to the debates.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The GOP would probably disband before nominating Trump at this point.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

The GOP would probably disband before nominating Trump at this point.

Trump is to Lincoln like 2016 is to 1860.

hopefully this goes down as a realigning election and d trizzle is always mentioned in the same books as honest abe.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I'm waiting for laziest headline jokes if Trump wins any primaries.

"TRUMPED!"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dahn posted:

This is now a bucket list item

Take a 'Make America Great' poo poo.

Not sure how to do this yet, but it sounds glorious.

What kind of music should i play?

Should I wear a costume?

What sort of food would make up a 'Make America Great' poo poo?

I'm imagining a toilet bowl filled with poo poo, hot dog buns and red/white/blue sparklers shooting out of it

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
TRUMP CARD

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I hope he buys some TV time, Perot-style.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

You mean all the people in Michigan that he owned so hard that they were reduced to harassing his supporters with bullshit subpoenas?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrWillsauce posted:

Is Bernie going to assimilate the Webb, Chafee, and O'malley supporters, or are most of those going to Hillary?

All three of them? Could be huge.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Nanomashoes posted:

Who wouldn't want to hear Trump refer to Angela Merkel as German Rosie O'Donnell? A lot of people are are drawn to the gold-plated roller coaster ride from hell a Trump presidency would bring, over 8 more years of the status-quo under Clinton.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

-Troika- posted:

Why is Trump's reputation made of teflon anyways

It's not so much teflon as it is seasoning on cast iron. Just keep letting poo poo burn on, and soon there's a charred layer of carbonized filth that doesn't give a poo poo about another egg getting smashed into it, because in time that too shall be seasoning.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

magiccarpet posted:

I hope he buys some TV time, Perot-style.

With the way money in politics is going, pretty soon candidates are going to be producing seasons of TV shows built entirely around attacking their opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Ignoring the typo, this was my first thought...

• Locked thread