Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Cant connect and cant check their forums either. I guess thats what I get for playing live again :ohdear: back to p99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

WetSpink posted:

I guess ragefire is being ddosed because people are sad about their 7 day cheating bans

unrelated.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Jotto posted:

unrelated.

I hope you're not being serious, because :laffo:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Slim Killington posted:

Most folks seem to think it has to do with Smedley threatening a civil suit against the 17 year old lizard squad kid that only got 2 years probation and no jail time for the ddos stuff last year and grounding his flight, doxxing him, etc.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

What the hell kind of name is 'lizard squad' for a hacking group?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/07/09/former-sony-executive-may-sue-convicted-lizard-squad-hackers-parents/

https://twitter.com/LizardLands

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

all because smedley hopes someone named vinnie gets raped in prison

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/618916559923220480?lang=en

his twitter is p good right now

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

a real jerk posted:

all because smedley hopes someone named vinnie gets raped in prison

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/618916559923220480?lang=en

his twitter is p good right now

These skinny little kids calling themselves hacker gods on twitter :cripes: what the hell is wrong with people, all I wanted to do was skateboard and watch MTV when I was a kid

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hexel posted:

Most folks seem to think it has to do with Smedley threatening a civil suit against the 17 year old lizard squad kid that only got 2 years probation and no jail time for the ddos stuff last year and grounding his flight, doxxing him, etc.

Why is everything so wonderful?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Slim Killington posted:

As you can see from several other posts, I am.
Sorry.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

They're doing it again today as well. So much for reaching 50 on my days off. :shrug:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Welp, hooray for EQemu.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully they swat Smedley before they are done.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So where are goons typically playing? RF or LJ? Thinking of returning for a gently caress around but 700 posts to catch up on so was hoping for a tl;dr pros/cons of the two servers and where goons are hanging out.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Goons hanging out in EQ together is long gone. RIP
3~ish people on Xegony. 3~ish people on RF, and 1 or 2 on LJ

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
Join the server wide goon channel and just pretend it is guild chat.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Bee boss in Sky now hits for up to 2500. Fight is interesting now to say the least. Can't wait to see what efreeti does.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Hopefully they swat Smedley before they are done.

Via con dios Smedley

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/22/daybreak-game-companys-john-smedley-steps-down-as-chief-executive-officer/

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Owned by a teenage eurotrash hacker club. Lol

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
John Smedley lives in the dumpster now and looks out forlornly as they literally dismantle EQ and toss it in with him. A froglok casting a shimmering blue spell reflects off his misty eye right before the garbage truck compacter crunches him into a trash cube. "Welp," the stubbly garbageman mutters as the truck swings out of sight, "I'm gay."

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

jetz0r posted:

Why is everything so wonderful?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
To be fair that finland kid should be in buttfuck prison right now after a bomb threat.

E:
I wouldn't be surprised if the US gov is trying to get him extracted for trials here. Or if he ever steps foot on US soil he gets arrested.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I want that new EverQuest that will never come out to be on PS4, what are the odds of that?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The Rage posted:

I want that new EverQuest that will never come out to be on PS4, what are the odds of that?

Of it ever coming out? Low.

PS4s can only play games that exist.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Of it ever coming out? Low.

PS4s can only play games that exist.

Good point

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Al Borland posted:

To be fair that finland kid should be in buttfuck prison right now after a bomb threat.

E:
I wouldn't be surprised if the US gov is trying to get him extracted for trials here. Or if he ever steps foot on US soil he gets arrested.

haha yeah prison rape FTW

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
If threatening to blow up an airplane because a video game person you don't like is on board, then truly the nanny state has gone out of control and needs to be reined in.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I've been getting drunk and going into old expansion dungeons and nuking them, it's actually a lot of fun.

Also I have all of the NToV loot I desperately longed for 13 years ago.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Except vex thal, that is still pretty tedious.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Except vex thal, that is still pretty tedious.

Take off all your DSes, illusion through doors and keep running till you get to a boss, then fade.

When I came back, and didn't have an SK alt, and druids were a couple years away from getting fade, it took me about an hour to clear up to the room before Aten's port in. Then I clicked the thing to go back to zone in.

/ragequit

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jetz0r posted:

Take off all your DSes, illusion through doors and keep running till you get to a boss, then fade.

When I came back, and didn't have an SK alt, and druids were a couple years away from getting fade, it took me about an hour to clear up to the room before Aten's port in. Then I clicked the thing to go back to zone in.

/ragequit

Illusion/Shadow Step still works?

Thanks Verant.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Illusion/Shadow Step still works?

Thanks Verant.

It's baked into the game engine too deeply to just remove it. There's zone design and dev workarounds, but older zones will probably be vulnerable to it forever.

Multi-piece doors, fake doors, and teleporters all avoid it. PoW uses a couple mechanics to punish being in an area you shouldn't be.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
The Twisted Legacy tears on the public forums/reddit over the new enforced raid rotation has been the most entertaining thing I've seen since the TLP launched.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
This is pretty funny, because, so far, this is exactly how my original experience went.

1) only a few groups could kill anything.

2) once more groups could kill things, a server rotation was created

3) after watching many groups be unable to kill their targets on their appointed time slot, our guild went screw this and started taking everything again

If DBG announces a free for all down the road, I'll be blown away by how close it is to my original experience.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Someone post about what happened on lockjaw. From what I read on the forums it's hilariously :soe:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I don’t believe in rotations, at the same time I hear everyone’s plight and you have my sympathetic ear, but to me EQ has always been about earning your rewards, putting in the requirements. Granted the requirements are much steeper now than they probably have been since 99, but like we have to adapt and move forwards.

I made a personal change in my life style so that I could participate with TL and try to be a contributing member. I do have a full time job, I also do asked for time off for opening 2wks of TLP release, and I use my vacation days now, so that I can try to be online for specific targets to help the guild. These are choices I made in my life, so that I could participate at the highest levels in EQ, kill the targets as they spawn, and reap the rewards for being able to do so.

By adding this rotation in, and removing competitive play, you have basically nullified my efforts, and my sacrifices I made in my life. Something honestly after hearing Holly opening late in a public interview, I never thought I would see.

So, now that competition and competitive gaming is no longer part of EQ, I have cancelled my account …

I will no longer be giving DBG my money…and after 16yrs of having at least 1 active account going, this will be my first time I have felt truly betrayed by DBG.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Dubious posted:

I don’t believe in rotations, at the same time I hear everyone’s plight and you have my sympathetic ear, but to me EQ has always been about earning your rewards, putting in the requirements. Granted the requirements are much steeper now than they probably have been since 99, but like we have to adapt and move forwards.

I made a personal change in my life style so that I could participate with TL and try to be a contributing member. I do have a full time job, I also do asked for time off for opening 2wks of TLP release, and I use my vacation days now, so that I can try to be online for specific targets to help the guild. These are choices I made in my life, so that I could participate at the highest levels in EQ, kill the targets as they spawn, and reap the rewards for being able to do so.

By adding this rotation in, and removing competitive play, you have basically nullified my efforts, and my sacrifices I made in my life. Something honestly after hearing Holly opening late in a public interview, I never thought I would see.

So, now that competition and competitive gaming is no longer part of EQ, I have cancelled my account …

I will no longer be giving DBG my money…and after 16yrs of having at least 1 active account going, this will be my first time I have felt truly betrayed by DBG.

Source your quotes

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Why doesn't TL just break into 6 guilds and have 6 spots in the rotation? Don't they have 300 members?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shambles
Dec 8, 2003

Dubious posted:

Betrayed? You feel betrayed by a games company? Are you serious? Hyperbole much? Jesus get a grip