Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Drakes posted:

How do promo missions work?

I tried to queue into one as an alchemist but still entered as paladin.

You have to go into those missions solo to try the class. For as many people that ask, it's stupid the game doesn't tell you this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Promo missions only work alone. Group finder keeps your same class.

Edit: Too slow.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Oh thats weird, I swear you get the enter as promo class from picking the search for group option.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Drakes posted:

Oh thats weird, I swear you get the enter as promo class from picking the search for group option.

You do, which is absurd since if you say yes it bumps you to solo mode.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Zizi posted:

you can get some pretty nice alternative looks with a little bit of exploration through the starter outfit stuff.

Agreed, though this is the Mechanic outfit bought from the market and the founders helmet.

:awesomelon:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So I've been runnin around the game for a few days now. I'm about half way to Necromancer, because it was the coolest closest class I could see.

I think I'm around 1500-2000 Prestige, I can't check because the servers apparently crapped themselves. Twice I tried to login and was booted out because it can't connect, and now I'm in a 500 person queue.

Anyway, I wanted to see about joining the goon guild if possible.

Edit: Oh, wait. There it went. 1600 prestige.

Double Edit: Should probably throw out my characters name. Maxwell Powers

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 23, 2015

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Being able to get Sparks of Evolution is listed as a benefit for folks paying for Premium, but my 3-day newbie premium trial expired a while back and I'm still getting them- I managed to get the ones granted from the login rewards and from the "try a class" levels in place of class sparks. The only other source of Sparks of Evolution I'm aware of is getting them in place of class sparks when you're playing a class you've maxed, and I don't know whether I can get those since I haven't filled out any classes atlases yet. Is that a bug?

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

The premium bonus replaces class sparks with sparks of evolution when you buy every node in a classes atlas, not sparks from dungeons and the log in bonuses.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I've seen a few people mention getting sparks of evolution in place of class sparks while playing a maxed class, despite not having premium. I can't test it myself as I still have a month of premium, though.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Roblo posted:

Thought I was making good progress towards unlocking archer, until I realised the next set of nodes, and the one after, are about double the number of sparks per node.

Goddammit game.

I feel your pain. I unlocked necro and are making my way over to witch. The next node cluster over has 800 spark costs. It's gonna take me 2 weeks spark cap to make it through this drat node.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Going a long way would likely be cheaper in the long run.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Necromancer atlas has a fork in the path before the class spark node and I went one way and got to it but I'm not getting any? Do I have to fill both sides?
nvm they started dropping now

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

ShadowMoo posted:

Going a long way would likely be cheaper in the long run.

Pretty sure there's no alternate path to Witch/Warlock that doesn't include a pink node.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I got to the part of the Atlas were you get to start trying to unlock other classes, and well, gently caress that. Not my sort of game at all, sadly.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Angrymog posted:

I got to the part of the Atlas were you get to start trying to unlock other classes, and well, gently caress that. Not my sort of game at all, sadly.

Don't like the Sphere Grid?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Yeah, I think the servers are messed I got a DC'd from server message and now I'm like 200th in queue, which I haven't seen before. Bah.

Do premium users get queue priority?

Edit: Waited for three minutes at position 0, got in, and immediately got a disconnected from server error which forces an exit. Tried to log back in and it's saying that my account is already logged in. Welp.

MuffiTuffiWuffi fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 23, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

BenRGamer posted:

Don't like the Sphere Grid?

The concept is fine. The associated grind is not something that will amuse me. And I tried out the classes that interested me the most in the training room, and none of them really clicked. :(

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Not that I know of but the queue seems super weird as in for everybody in mumble it seemed to tick down for a while then just give up halfway through and let them in anyway. Yeah servers are super slow right now, loading, looting and changing classes takes forever.

Also I have no idea what's going on with the cap this week but it seems less than last week meaning I'm not gonna finish Paladin. Which seems kind of odd since I was halfway done already and there are plenty of people who have finished paladin walking around but whatever.

Edit: training room might not be a good representation of how the class will actually play so you may want to look into some gameplay videos. There is however a lot of grind and if you like none of the starting classes it's kind of a lot to ask to actually unlock anything else.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 23, 2015

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Angrymog posted:

The concept is fine. The associated grind is not something that will amuse me. And I tried out the classes that interested me the most in the training room, and none of them really clicked. :(

Eh, it's F2P. If it didn't have a grind I'd have been surprised.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, the servers are more hosed than usual right now. The chat channels are all gone from my client, I keep getting new clan vote popups on screen, and maps are taking minutes to load.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Morglon posted:

Also I have no idea what's going on with the cap this week but it seems less than last week meaning I'm not gonna finish Paladin. Which seems kind of odd since I was halfway done already and there are plenty of people who have finished paladin walking around but whatever.

The caps were all increased slightly between the second and third week. If you started with Paladin, you could finish it in the second week anyhow. You aren't taking any Paladin nodes you don't have to, are you?

For instance, the weekly sparks of insight caps were: 8400 (1st), 7500 (2nd), 8000 (3rd) and next week it will be 10000.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 23, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Angrymog posted:

Whether you play or not is of no consequence to me but the training room builds barely show you how they actually play. I was lukewarm on Slayer until I got a special mission to play as one and I am stoked to unlock it.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Inzombiac posted:

Whether you play or not is of no consequence to me but the training room builds barely show you how they actually play. I was lukewarm on Slayer until I got a special mission to play as one and I am stoked to unlock it.

And actual slayer is way better than promo slayer. Promo doesn't have Blood Harvest, the best ability slayers get, Shadowland (or the Choking Smoke talent) or Deadly Accuracy, which makes ranged slayer viable.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

The statues are made of gods! :gonk:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Yup, that's me alright.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm still pissed that mine doesn't have my character's goony beard and shades

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Looks like your hall of greatness is populated by other players.

Walked into mine today to see a big bronze statue of a mousatche lipped man named "final solution"

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
So i figured I'd give this game a shot and I've been liking how gunner looks and feels from what little I've seen. So far I've planned out a little route to get there with as few sparks as possible (Ignoring the recommended route) but I've run into an issue with one of the nodes along the way. Its listed as needing 1 spark of some kind but I have no loving idea where to get it. As far as I can tell it's not listed on the currency list and I don't actually have any to use if/when I get to that node.

I'm sorta hoping its a universal spark and I can use any of the ones I have, but I get the feeling that I missed something important and my little shortcut was not a shortcut. :smith:

Also is the significantly smaller amount of info/discussion about Gunner simply because it takes longer to get or is it just bad?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
'Fraid those come from distortions, i.e. raids.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

ComradeBigT posted:

So i figured I'd give this game a shot and I've been liking how gunner looks and feels from what little I've seen. So far I've planned out a little route to get there with as few sparks as possible (Ignoring the recommended route) but I've run into an issue with one of the nodes along the way. Its listed as needing 1 spark of some kind but I have no loving idea where to get it. As far as I can tell it's not listed on the currency list and I don't actually have any to use if/when I get to that node.

I'm sorta hoping its a universal spark and I can use any of the ones I have, but I get the feeling that I missed something important and my little shortcut was not a shortcut. :smith:

Also is the significantly smaller amount of info/discussion about Gunner simply because it takes longer to get or is it just bad?

You won't get that spark for a long, long time. The recommended route was the faster route.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
Well gently caress.
I like how there was no mention of raid based sparked even existing on the atlas thing. I guess I should have realized the single spark cost meant it was going to be harder/rarer to get.

At least I only spend a few hundred of each spark color on my little detour and I get to keep the extra stat nodes I got along the way.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Also, after you've placed anything on the big atlas, a new recommended path can send you through those nodes. So after you get to what you want to get to, make sure to check that any paths you set aren't sending you through the pink nodes.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Is the guild space restrictive enough where I shouldn't ask to join unless I know I'll be playing the game for a while? Or should I hop into mumble and ask for an invite next time I'm on?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Right now it's full but space will be expanded soon. Also Guild chat isn't working and the buff buildings aren't up yet so there's little point unless you want to get in there help get poo poo done. Just hang in mumble to get involved.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Huh. So there's no way to delete your character and start over? I get that you can change all your character details at the stylist but that still seems like an odd choice. What if you end up crazy leveled and have friends join at zero? Are you just hosed for being able to play with them?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Melanion posted:

Huh. So there's no way to delete your character and start over? I get that you can change all your character details at the stylist but that still seems like an odd choice. What if you end up crazy leveled and have friends join at zero? Are you just hosed for being able to play with them?

you can play with anyone, you just dont get rewards for lowbie stuff. Have the lowest person in the group join an instance as solo and you'll be able to help them.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Morglon posted:

Right now it's full but space will be expanded soon. Also Guild chat isn't working and the buff buildings aren't up yet so there's little point unless you want to get in there help get poo poo done. Just hang in mumble to get involved.

Ok, will do. Thanks.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you're not going to be building anything for the guild there's literally no reason to even join the guild. As in you get 0 benefit from it :p.

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai
Posting in the thread to confirm I'm a goon for guild invite.

Character name - Hensha Hensha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I just found out about this game and read the OP. I don't know anything yet beyond that.

I just have one single question which is a dealbreaker for me when it comes to playing new MMORPG's :

Will I spend most of my time running around solo performing mundane tasks like collecting 10 bear asses to progress, or will I be teaming up doing dungeons crawls and other instanced challenges.
Or is most of the time spend while progressing/grinding done in a different way?

• Locked thread