Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mr Tastee posted:

Fanart of the creations of Monster Factory.

Ha, Truck Shepard has his bag of juice for special faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr Tastee posted:

Fanart of the creations of Monster Factory.

Amber really was the color of his energy...

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
I would eat the poo poo out of a bucket of tiny pizza rolls replacing popcorn in movie theaters. Totinos get on it!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
holy poo poo tipsy pete

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
This episode made me go out and buy pizza rolls. I'm having pizza rolls for dinner.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
It had the exact opposite effect on me. I'm not sure I'll be able to work up an appetite for dinner.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Oh Griffin, a power hour, why?!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That was something else. As nice as the Power 23 minutes was, my favorite part was the incredibly bleak picture Justin accidentally painted of Huntington.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I have a pizza roll...oh poo poo they're in my brain...

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
"Did I mention I'm also drinking a 4-Loko?"

I almost died, I love how it was just passed over because this is their totinos life now.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I have no idea what pizza rolls are, would I understand the Totino's episode?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

toanoradian posted:

I have no idea what pizza rolls are, would I understand the Totino's episode?

I would recommend eating some pizza rolls for the first time as you listen.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They're sort of like fossilized dog diarrhea if that helps

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I can now confirm that they are correct about the flavor blasted ones. As far as garbage food goes, they're quite addictive.

I wonder what Totinos paid for this?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Seven dollars and one bag of pizza rolls each.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Ariong posted:

2 for each, and a bonus dollar? Sounds like Totinos.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Ariong posted:

"SAUCE THOSE BOYS UP!"

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Drunkboxer posted:

I wonder what Totinos paid for this?

Each corporate plug they do per money zone is $200, so... yeah.

--[wrong and crazy info was edited out here]--

Which brings me to a question - how did they start? I've been working my way through from the beginning and by ep 3 they already have 100k downloads. Was it just all fans of Justin and Griffin from their polygon work??

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 23, 2015

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
It's all Travis. Thank Travis for Travis.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Scudworth posted:

Each corporate plug they do per money zone is $200, so... yeah.

They have as many listeners per episode as people who watch the Oscars (36 million) so it was money well spent, whatever it was.

Which brings me to a question - how did they start? I've been working my way through from the beginning and by ep 3 they already have 100k downloads. Was it just all fans of Justin and Griffin from their polygon work??

I don't know podcast math but 36 mil seems insane.

edit: in fact thats impossible. I dont know where you guys are getting these numbers but I'm assuming theyre jokes. If they're your jokes then I guess the jokes on me.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Couldn't have been from Polygon work, this was before Justin started at Polygon...wasn't it? I think it might be been because Justin was on Joystiq's podcast, and then a bunch moved over from that. Also, big word of mouth - I mean, that's how I heard about them

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I just heard about them because I'd caught up on all my Uhh Yeah Dude and needed another humor podcast rec and this is usually the one you get as an UYD fan. I think this was (well?) before they got on MaxFun though. Word spreads around.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Drunkboxer posted:

edit: in fact thats impossible. I dont know where you guys are getting these numbers but I'm assuming theyre jokes. If they're your jokes then I guess the jokes on me.

Oops yeah i got that whole section wrong, please ignore me and eat pizza rolls.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This whole episode is like a gross train to yuck city

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

This episode was pretty funny. I liked when Griffin was explaining the food groups, like cheese, sauce and zest.

But I can't staaaaaaaaaaand listening to someone eat. It's so fuckin nasty. It was fairly bad at the beginning of the episode and got better

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Compared to the gross vore sounds in Big Gulp Live the smacks and gulps in this episode were music to my loving ears.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Man, I can't imagine what you guys would feel about the regular episodes of Big Gulp. Vore sounds abound!

On Island Boy Begins, Travis mentioned the 'donor-swap' episode. What is this? I've checked the page for the bonus episodes and can't seem to find it. Also I can't wait for My Sister, My Sister and Me :argh:

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 23, 2015

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Did Totino's actually give them money? I really can't tell if it's a joke or not.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Did Totino's actually give them money? I really can't tell if it's a joke or not.

Jesse Thorn posted:

Hey guys! This is a kind of weird and amazing thing... Totinos had heard that the McElroys loved Totinos (they do), and we got into a conversation about them, wherein they were like, "what if we sponsored an episode or something but not like a regular sponsorship..." and we were like, "yeah... maybe..." and then I talked with the McElroys and we decided that we would do a special Totinos episode it if:

A) it was an extra episode that wouldn't otherwise happen B) they paid well C) they didn't ask for any editorial control of any kind and let the McElroys do their "thang" D) the episode was literally all Tostinos-related questions, which we all thought was pretty funny.

And they thought about it for a few months and finally agreed.

So that's the story of this :).
http://www.reddit.com/r/maximumfun/comments/3e7kcu/mcelroy_family_fun_hour_brought_to_you_by_totinos/ctc7z68

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

toanoradian posted:

Man, I can't imagine what you guys would feel about the regular episodes of Big Gulp. Vore sounds abound!

On Island Boy Begins, Travis mentioned the 'donor-swap' episode. What is this? I've checked the page for the bonus episodes and can't seem to find it. Also I can't wait for My Sister, My Sister and Me :argh:

One of the big milestones during MaxFunDrive was that each podcast would have a special episode where they swap hosts with another. Sounds like that is now in the works. I'm guessing that we're going to get My Flopper, My Flopper, and Me.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
My Brother My Brother and Me sure does have really cool sponsors!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Oh yeah, they've briefly brought up the show before (I swear the last time wasn't too long ago?) and listening to a lot of the old gags and slang and subjects Griffin brought in some of the random earlier eps when I started MBMBAM it was pretty obvious Griffin was a listener and a fan. UYD leaves an...influence.

My brother, my swagger jacker and me, an advice show for the modren era.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Still not as good as when Griffin did jingles :colbert:

Ariong posted:

One of the big milestones during MaxFunDrive was that each podcast would have a special episode where they swap hosts with another. Sounds like that is now in the works. I'm guessing that we're going to get My Flopper, My Flopper, and Me.

Yeah I hope that's the case, and it seems like a pretty natural pairing/switch. The nice thing is that MBMBAM is one of the bigger MaxFun shows so they hopefully won't get paired up with one of the dozen small, interchangeable Whacky Pop Culture Fun Time Hour shows.

VDay fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 23, 2015

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Ariong posted:

I thought they and Stop Podcasting Yourself have had a long history. Though I guess SPY only have two people, so they can't swap hosts.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

toanoradian posted:

I thought they and Stop Podcasting Yourself have had a long history. Though I guess SPY only have two people, so they can't swap hosts.

Two hosts and a guest, so it could work out.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Flop House tweeted something implying that they got Adventure Zone

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Farg posted:

Flop House tweeted something implying that they got Adventure Zone

I know that previously the Flop House cast have discussed how they think they're a good match for the McElroys and how they think a DnD episode would be funny, so that makes sense.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Stuart on the flophouse has said specifically that he really wanted to be on the adventurezone, so I'm guessing he's going to be.

I'm not a donor though :(

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I really want MBMBAM to switch with Oh No Ross and Carrie. Although Sawbones would be good for that switch, too.

So the eating in the totinos episode does calm down after the beginning? I only got a few minutes in and had to turn it off, but I really want to listen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

detectivemonkey posted:

I really want MBMBAM to switch with Oh No Ross and Carrie.

As the McElroy brothers descend further and further into the crazy cult of Garfield fetishists, Ross and Carrie had to dive deep into the murky waters of Yahoo Answers: Parenting section.

• Locked thread