Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
HE'S A ROBAT

E: gently caress two pages in a row what the poo poo

E2: tomorrow is my first day of work, haven't even been back a week but want to get back into the swing of things. Except I don't have a regular partner anymore and I technically can't drive the ambo because of the accident I had the last day I worked before I left (rear ended a car on the freeway, but it was actually his fault and the cop didn't cite me after looking at the dash cam footage) and I haven't taken the safety course again. That means I'm an EMT that can only chart and not drive, which means we only get BLS calls, which means an easy four days. gently caress yeah.

E3: or it means a very difficult four days. And I actually gained weight on the deployment so I barely fit into my uniform anymore. Time to cut back on breads n' poo poo for a few months.

E4: and I showed up in Phoenix during the hottest time of the year. Yeah 100 degrees with a constant 95% humidity in Cuba sucked balls ("stainless" indoor fixtures were 100% surface rusted after a few weeks), but this 110 degree bullshit has to stop. kingofthehillbobyphoenix.jpg

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
STAKE

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Nothing like getting drunk and having a breakdown

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nodoze posted:

Call me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

We call that "Sunday" around here.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Look at this man who cooked a steak :perfect:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Look at this man who cooked a steak :perfect:

That's actually a bit more done, the center was incredible. Freshly ground salt & pepper rubbed on, olive oil in the pan, then thyme & garlic. 60 seconds, then flip, then 60 , then flip then a few tablespoons of butter, then flip then baste the steak in the butter and oil mix and OMG THE FLAVOR.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
just one more day until pay day and then I too can feast on glorious STEAK

:perfect:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I love me some steak, but it's outrageously expensive these days. I just bought a bunch of AAA ribeyes (God's own cut IMO) for $35/kilogram. And don't even get me started on tenderloin prices; a whole one at Costco these days is like $150-180...a few years ago it would have been $90. :sigh:

That's an awful thin steak there cowboy.

At least you sort of cooked it the second best way; better still is to a) get a thicker steak, and b) cook it the same as you did, but at a much lower temperature, to get the Maillard reaction going real strong on the surface.

Best way to cook steak though is sous vide, if you've got the gear. Holy poo poo I can't even begin to describe how awesome a sous-vide steak is.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 23, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrChips posted:

Best way to cook steak though is sous vide, if you've got the gear. Holy poo poo I can't even begin to describe how awesome a sous-vide steak is.

That takes forever. This took 5 minutes and was delicious.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Wife went out with her friends last night, came back with a sealed Mad Max comic someone got free and thought I'd like. :perfect:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cakefool posted:

Wife went out with her friends last night, came back with a sealed Mad Max comic someone got free and thought I'd like. :perfect:

Hopefully not the one with the explicit rape backstory.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rhyno posted:

That takes forever. This took 5 minutes and was delicious.

No argument there :v: But seriously, thicker steak, lower temp; trust me on this.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Geirskogul posted:

E4: and I showed up in Phoenix during the hottest time of the year. Yeah 100 degrees with a constant 95% humidity in Cuba sucked balls ("stainless" indoor fixtures were 100% surface rusted after a few weeks), but this 110 degree bullshit has to stop. kingofthehillbobyphoenix.jpg

It's been an incredibly mild summer here so far, other than one week (back before you returned) that was brutally hot. We've had more humidity than usual, but the average temps have been running at or below normal most of the time, so don't know what you are complaining about really (unless you are new here, in which case, enjoy the mild summer!).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No, I've just gotten extremely lucky with training events coinciding with the hottest parts of the summer. This will be my third summer here, but the first one I spent Jun/Jul/Aug in Kentucky for medic training (and I had the Subaru with A/C the rest of the year), and last year I did a similar thing in Alaska. I mean, last year the beetle sucked even in May so I was glad to get away. Today I waited until 1600 or so when the sun started getting lower in the sky to do the valves on the car, so I could sit in the shadow and do one side, then push the car the other way around to do the other side. And it's not like Cuba acclimated me to heat or anything - I spent most of the time going from air conditioned box to air conditioned box. The work was stressful and the drive between sucked (all we had were Kawasaki Mules limited to 18mph), but we did PT at around 0400 in the morning and were back in buildings by the time the sun came out at 6.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Enourmo posted:

Hopefully not the one with the explicit rape backstory.

I've not opened it yet, hope not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrChips posted:

No argument there :v: But seriously, thicker steak, lower temp; trust me on this.

I've done my fair share of thicker steaks. I'm good at cooking them. The steak I had tonight? I'm great at cooking them.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

my beer was in cans tonight but opener on AI thing seemed to fit the theme while still falling mostly tastefully short of Rhyno's challenge/threat

(thanks Geirskogul!)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MrChips posted:

For those without a sous vide, anyone can do this with a beer cooler, hot water and a thermometer.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

BraveUlysses posted:

For those without a sous vide, anyone can do this with a beer cooler, hot water and a thermometer.

And a cast-iron skillet hotter than the surface of the sun.

screamname
Apr 6, 2015

Nidhg00670000 posted:

So I got some stuff in the mail.

I got this one. My lover got me when drunk and decided it would look better on me. :allears:
Probably right :bigtran:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Possibly Chicken posted:

Have some fresh local 'frude

Don't you hate it when all the spaces are taken and you need to improvise?

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
My girlfriends father has pulmonary fibrosis. He has 2-5 years left according to the doctor after running the biopsy

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I guess I am at the point in life where my parents try to set me up with waitresses.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I ate at a place called "The Curry Fever" last night. Now "the fever" is in my butt.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I ate an overpriced "gourmet" surf&turf burger last night, and I pooped three times before leaving the house this morning.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

MustardFacial posted:

I ate at a place called "The Curry Fever" last night. Now "the fever" is in my butt.

I had that when I ate Mos burger 3 nights running. Buttfever at work is a hell of a thing.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I guess I am at the point in life where my parents try to set me up with waitresses.

My coworkers, parents, friends and guys I race with do this. It's entertaining for a while then it gets annoying.

Off to Omaha, lets see which waitress the team tries to set me up with this time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

I've done my fair share of thicker steaks. I'm good at cooking them. The steak I had tonight? I'm great at cooking them.

If I get enough time this weekend I'm going to prove I'm better :D

Unfortuantly I doubt I'll have the time. That or I'll get distracted and make a sate sauce then do diced beef / seafood mix - the best sate is the one that sneak attacks you after five minutes and you sweat your rear end off as it works it's magic. What a ring of fire the next day but soooooo worth it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Are we talking poor food choices? Im down in virginia on a roadtrip. I had a pepperoni and cheese roll because there were like 30 sitting on a table at a sheetz, which aren't in ny. Then for dinner I went to wafflehouse which we also don't have. Poor choices when one is on the road.

Edit: the night before I stayed at a cabin. Bought a bag of rolls, 4 pieces of cheese, and a pound of ground beef and made the best burger I've ever had.

Edit2: and then I drove on this road which would make anyone quesy if you drove at a proper speed. The limit was 55, those yellow signs are just suggestions right? Its really more like a rally codriver, there was 15, 20, 25, 30, and so on that let you know how much of a curve you had coming. Wasn't expecting to record so enjoy my wrongly orientated potato video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9ddh-XbJLk4

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 23, 2015

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Cage posted:

Are we talking poor food choices? Im down in virginia on a roadtrip. I had a pepperoni and cheese roll because there were like 30 sitting on a table at a sheetz, which aren't in ny. Then for dinner I went to wafflehouse which we also don't have. Poor choices when one is on the road.

Edit: the night before I stayed at a cabin. Bought a bag of rolls, 4 pieces of cheese, and a pound of ground beef and made the best burger I've ever had.

double order of hash browns, covered chunked and capped

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

So an update on "cakefool will design us a robot" at work. I floated some sketches/designs/measurements/calculations etc to my boss, who sat there looking at me like there was dogs cocks growing out of my eyes.

I think I may have lost him in technical detail, but I'm now at least 70% confident I can do it versus the 3% I was previously. I have an integrator coming in to discuss next week and a couple of automation vendors lined up to talk to. Feeling better about this.

Also new house is looking like it'll line up nicely with my work commitments, I just need to build a fence and book carpet fitters.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Moxie Omen posted:

Capped always gives me a chuckle when I picture the cook busting out a glock and emptying the magazine into the 'browns

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fart Pipe posted:

Capped always gives me a chuckle when I picture the cook busting out a glock and emptying the magazine into the 'browns

E; I will admit to shouting "FOOD CHAIN, GET USED TO IT" whenever I pass an 18 wheeler full of cattle.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chiwie posted:

I had that when I ate Mos burger 3 nights running. Buttfever at work is a hell of a thing.

Coco Ichiban's tonkatsu sat like a lump in my stomach, but it was some hamburg steak place that gave me the meat sweats.

That said, unfatting myself seems to be working since I'm now finding that a burrito bowl from Chipotle is like way too much food. I think this will change after once my squat gets back up to 2+ plate working sets. :getin:

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Cage posted:

Then for dinner I went to wafflehouse which we also don't have. Poor choices when one is on the road.

wafflenhausen is never a poor choice.

Moxie Omen posted:

This guy gets it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh shi-

Interview with Dan Harmon & Co about Rick and Morty is up on AV Club.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

This 4AM poo poo is starting to wear on me. My legs are like spaghetti today.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If they are cute why is this bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

NitroSpazzz posted:

My coworkers, parents, friends and guys I race with do this. It's entertaining for a while then it gets annoying.

I'm at the point in my life where I wouldn't mind this at all, since I'm clearly bad at setting up myself.

• Locked thread