Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think I saw some people claim you can survive faust enrage with cooldown usage but I have no idea how that's even possible since he'll still hit you for like 18k with full CDs and also kill you through tank invuln.

Also enjoying my DRK priv by making the tank buster on Oppressor Savage barely hurt with dark mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think I saw some people claim you can survive faust enrage with cooldown usage but I have no idea how that's even possible since he'll still hit you for like 18k with full CDs and also kill you through tank invuln.

Also enjoying my DRK priv by making the tank buster on Oppressor Savage barely hurt with dark mind.

So does "most attacks" on living dead and holmgang mean "everything but hard enrages"?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

So does "most attacks" on living dead and holmgang mean "everything but hard enrages"?

Seems like it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

All fights should have a cutscene of your failure like Bismarck does instead of a hard enrage.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Warrior of light shakes their head at their dps and walks off in shame

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah, that's the general rule of thumb. If it's supposed to kill you, it will kill you. Faust with 16 stacks will punch right through Hallowed Ground.

You can survive past the enrage, though, because he still has to run around and punch everyone to death, which can take a few seconds.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

hobbesmaster posted:

It's anything except key damage mechanics where you have to do something special to mitigate. Enrages, the Primal's Big Summon Magic (Hellfire, Earthen Fury, Diamond Dust, Judgement Bolt etc.) Ramuh Extreme's Shock Strike etc. all go through Hallowed Ground, Holmgang and Living Dead.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Also depends on how insane the dungeons are driving you. Churning Mists fates will be a good break from running the Vault over and over and over even if you're a tank or healer.

Really? I'm always relieved to get to the vault after sohm al and the aery. Those two are so similar and also feel like the longest dungeons in HW. Just killing so many goddamn dragons, I'm glad they didn't end up having dungeons for all 7 wyrmkings.

It is be nice to be able to run fates while waiting for queues, though. There seem to be parties forming in most zones now, and it's really easy to hop from fate to fate with flying mounts.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

All fights should have a cutscene of your failure like Bismarck does instead of a hard enrage.

Didn't know there's a cutscene for that.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Dunno how many of you guys have been playing Seal Rock, but for those of you that are, I have a treat. After a bad call that put Maelstrom at a commanding lead, an A-rank Tomelith spawned in their territory. Everyone thought the game was lost, but then...

I certainly hope I never see that happen again, because it must have been infuriating as Mael.

(Two top-rank objectives spawned right next to us as we were preparing a last ditch effort, which we captured and held long enough to regain the lead and win. Seal Rock's fun, you guys should try it.)

Niton fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 23, 2015

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Since you can conceivably get the game on two different platforms, say Steam and PS4 (I've decided I'm lazy and might enjoy playing from my couch) does anyone know how trophies work? If I start playing my character on PS4, will previously earned trophies pop, or would I need to basically start fresh? I'm still fairly fresh but I don't have a ton of time to play so I'd rather not start from scratch if I don't have to.

Top Hate and Suit
Feb 13, 2012

Found this, gonna leave it here.

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011

Niton posted:

Dunno how many of you guys have been playing Seal Rock, but for those of you that are, I have a treat. After a bad call that put Maelstrom at a commanding lead, an A-rank Tomelith spawned in their territory. Everyone thought the game was lost, but then...

I certainly hope I never see that happen again, because it must have been infuriating as Mael.

(Two top-rank objectives spawned right next to us as we were preparing a last ditch effort, which we captured and held long enough to regain the lead and win. Seal Rock's fun, you guys should try it.)

I'm all about it. with the patch taking out the level requirement on the i110 pvp gear I can finally start getting the sweet bear armor.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DrNutt posted:

Since you can conceivably get the game on two different platforms, say Steam and PS4 (I've decided I'm lazy and might enjoy playing from my couch) does anyone know how trophies work? If I start playing my character on PS4, will previously earned trophies pop, or would I need to basically start fresh? I'm still fairly fresh but I don't have a ton of time to play so I'd rather not start from scratch if I don't have to.

Basically you have to trigger the game checking that achievement again and they'll pop. If you for example, do 100 fates or whatever on PC, next time you do a fate on PS3/4 it checks it, sees you passed the criteria and pops it. Or next time you craft something as a given DOTH it'll check it and clear it off.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Niton posted:

Having no pvp experience, can I just queue straight into Seal Rock like I could frontlines before?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

nuru posted:

Having no pvp experience, can I just queue straight into Seal Rock like I could frontlines before?

I think it's 60 only, but yes.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

nuru posted:

Yeah, it's auto unlocked with Frontline unlock and fairly straightforward.

Irae
Nov 19, 2011
Hoping the PVP enthusiasm lasts a few weeks more, before we start seeing "yeah pvp is bad no one does that because" posts. I'm still not used to <5 min queue times, I expect to suddenly wake up and see this again.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

JuggernautEX posted:

I'm all about it. with the patch taking out the level requirement on the i110 pvp gear I can finally start getting the sweet bear armor.

Wait, do you mean there's no more PVP rank requirement?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Argas posted:

Wait, do you mean there's no more PVP rank requirement?

All of the old PvP gear, the rank 1-45 stuff, had its rank requirement removed when Seal Rock was added. The tooltips aren't properly updated, but any number of people can confirm the glamour gear only requires Wolf Marks now.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Funny thing is, they decided to set the current PvP set to rank 47. How many games is that if you decide to start out now? About a thousand?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Wooze posted:

Funny thing is, they decided to set the current PvP set to rank 47. How many games is that if you decide to start out now? About a thousand?

If you get last place constantly it is but if you want to get to that rank you should also do your challenge log entries every week which speed it up a decent amount

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Also depends on how insane the dungeons are driving you. Churning Mists fates will be a good break from running the Vault over and over and over even if you're a tank or healer.
SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Servers are up.

Edit: 8 red scrip a turn in for gatherers, 16 for crafters it looks like. 470 collectability for gathering, bah.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 23, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dryzen posted:

If you get last place constantly it is but if you want to get to that rank you should also do your challenge log entries every week which speed it up a decent amount

800 games spread over 3 or 4 months just to get baseline pvp gear sounds very fair and encouraging to all that would play wolves den

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Failboattootoot posted:

Servers are up.

Edit: 8 red scrip a turn in for gatherers, 16 for crafters it looks like. 470 collectability for gathering, bah.

The fun doesn't end there, 530 collectability required for the Favor token, which is required to buy anything as well, have fun!

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Minrad posted:

800 games spread over 3 or 4 months just to get baseline pvp gear sounds very fair and encouraging to all that would play wolves den

"Baseline PVP gear" right now is "Whatever the hell Level 60 equipment you have" because everything is item-level capped at 150 or lower. We don't even have a Level 60 Wolves' Den yet.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 23, 2015

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ran into a pretty special WAR in Neverreap today, said he'd cleared it before and was baffled as to why he couldn't hold aggro.

I guess when he got to 35 he ran out of room on his hotbar or something. He quit half way through in shame of his failures, no joke. Very odd experience.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
i'm more curious how he managed to get the wrath stacks for five inner beasts

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kharaa posted:

Infuriate?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Minrad posted:

it's definitely not good but it doesn't take a thousand wins to do which is something at least

also there's more pvp stuff coming according to them so maybe it'll help?

Dryzen fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 23, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
I mean, I guess. I was just assuming with that poo poo ability distribution that he'd not even have infuriate on his bar

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Mr. Nice! posted:

Infuriate?

Unless parsers don't pick up that skill (I'm not massively familiar with them), he didn't use any buffs except Convalescence (and Maim/IB ofc)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So assuming not terrible RNG, you'll need about 200 Crafter Red Scrips and 270 Gatherer Red Scrips to make one left side crafter piece. Boy this market is gonna be crazy.

e: Apparently someone got 7 items from a single Favor which means the RNG is wider than I thought, so you could bump that down to maybe 200 Gatherer Red Scrips on average?

Eej fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 23, 2015

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I had a tank in fractal recently that had 5 infuriate for the entire run. When I called him out on the second boss he used inner beast once and told me to gently caress off.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

kharaa posted:

maim, butcher's block, and skull sunder all generate wrath

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I had a tank in fractal recently that had 5 infuriate for the entire run. When I called him out on the second boss he used inner beast once and told me to gently caress off.

I had a tank in Cutter's Cry of all places flip out when I asked him to use Flash, pull an entire room of mobs, intentionally die, wipe the party, and then abandon the duty.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Did you vote kick after the boss?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lately with my WAR, I have been having Defiance drop inexplicably when warping into DF runs. Like, I prepare Defiance into advance just when I queue, but when I get in I see that it is off. Is this a bug, or some sort of limitation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Buffs are purged when you are level synced to prevent shenanigans.

• Locked thread