Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I don't understand how people can drink whole milk. It's like downing a glass of pure cream, way to rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Skippy McPants posted:

I don't understand how people can drink whole milk. It's like downing a glass of pure cream, way to rich.

whereas Skim milk is drinking white water.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Full milk (10%) and semi skimmed (5%) milk cost the same right? So, what if you dilute a bottle of 10% by 50% water. Would that not make it 5% milk? Effectively doubling the milk you own for no extra money?

These are the things that keep me up at night.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ak Gara posted:

Full milk (10%) and semi skimmed (5%) milk cost the same right? So, what if you dilute a bottle of 10% by 50% water. Would that not make it 5% milk? Effectively doubling the milk you own for no extra money?

Yes. You should do that.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ak Gara posted:

Full-cream milk is generally between 3.2% and 3.8% fat. Low-fat is usually 2%. There are other ingredients in milk than just fat and water. Low-fat milk tastes bad and the amount of it you'd need to be drinking for that amount of fat reduction to even matter is absurd.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Ak Gara posted:

Did you pull those numbers out of your rear end or do they really sell 10% fat full milk where you live?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Helios Grime posted:

Did you pull those numbers out of your rear end or do they really sell 10% fat full milk where you live?

isn't that half and half

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ak Gara posted:

The ratio of sugar, protein, milk solids and everything else besides fat is not the same as the ratio of fat, so you'll end up with something not as sweet, which tastes too thin, which isn't as nutritious, etc.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

AtomD posted:

Just came back from Zambia.

Looks legit.

Zambia? Looks loving luxurious to me.

Helios Grime posted:

Yeah full fat is 4% here, skim is anywhere between 1-2% depending on brand. But none of those are funny pictures.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hogge Wild posted:

isn't that half and half

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

Yeah full fat is 4% here, skim is anywhere between 1-2% depending on brand. But none of those are funny pictures.

Same here in :norway: land. We call it "whole milk", and it's godly.

As for funny pictures, here's a beautiful captcha I got:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Helios Grime posted:

Opps, yeah I was looking at "200ml contains of daily intake" instead of "per 100ml"

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ak Gara posted:

Opps, yeah I was looking at "200ml contains of daily intake" instead of "per 100ml"

do you know what % means

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ak Gara posted:

It's 10% fat not 10% milk.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Your Computer posted:

As for funny pictures, here's a beautiful captcha I got:

I have a habit of using this in my test data for various web-based projects, just to be sure.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

do you know what % means

"A single 200ml glass of full milk (4% fat) contains 10% of your daily recommended intake of fat."

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's 10% fat not 10% milk.

10% fat milk would be ridiculous, it's 4% for full and 2% for semi skimmed.

Ak Gara has a new favorite as of 12:53 on Jul 23, 2015

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They want to change it? Fine. Its new name is now the Honky Bucket. Congratulations.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Ak Gara posted:

"A single 200ml glass of full milk (4% fat) contains 10% of your daily recommended intake of fat."

what the gently caress are you all talking about

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Trying to stay in line with the derail.

Since raw milk can contain harmful bacteria, is this an attack with a bioweapon?

Helios Grime has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Jul 23, 2015

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ak Gara posted:

Yes I know but you used 10% as your figure and did your maths like that bottle is 10% milk and 90% water.

Here's the funniest milk related picture I could find on short notice to make up for continuing the milk math derail.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Helios Grime posted:

Trying to stay in line with the derail.

Since raw milk can contain harmful bacteria, is this an attack with a bioweapon?

Depends on what's coming out of that hose.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Milk!

Milk!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmalk

malc

mmk

milk

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Me being lactose intolerant all like

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah I listened to that episode of The F-Plus, too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

trapped mouse posted:

Me being lactose intolerant all like

Feel left out no more friend!!!

Pretty sure they make ice cream too.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

RyokoTK posted:

Yeah I listened to that episode of The F-Plus, too.

People were comparing whole milk to cream waaaaaay before podcasts were even a thing

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I don't trust lactose free skim milk.

My roomate has a bottle of it that has been open for almost 2 weeks now and only uses it for her coffee every day. It still doesn't smell off, that poo poo ain't normal.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

organic milk is pasteurized at a higher temp and has a shelf life of several months

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

im pooping! posted:

organic milk is pasteurized at a higher temp and has a shelf life of several months

Well yeah, unopened. But crack that baby open and it's orgy time for the bacterias, the fridge just slows it down.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Helios Grime posted:

I don't trust lactose free skim milk.

My roomate has a bottle of it that has been open for almost 2 weeks now and only uses it for her coffee every day. It still doesn't smell off, that poo poo ain't normal.

I drink this stuff because it tastes like normal milk. I cant stand soy or almond milk.

Shelf life is seriously 2 months.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
So it is more or less just flavoured white water.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Helios Grime posted:

So it is more or less just flavoured white water.

Yes. Tastes like milk and doesnt give me the shits. meets my two requirements.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol if you're an adult and still drink milk. Add it to your tea (or coffee, if you're into liquid heart attacks), but don't just drink it like a huge baby.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Is this supposed to be funny or is it supposed to make me roll my eyes and then get mad. Because it succeeded at one of those things.

EDIT:

Paladinus posted:

Lol if you're an adult and still drink milk. Add it to your tea (or coffee, if you're into liquid heart attacks), but don't just drink it like a huge baby.

Is this supposed to be funny or is it supposed to make me roll my eyes and then get mad. Because it succeeded at one of those things.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Paladinus posted:

Can you give us a list of goon approved consumables? Tia

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Mogomra posted:

Can you give us a list of goon approved consumables? Tia

1. Doritos
2. Mountain Dew

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CaptBushido posted:

EDIT:

Yes. And yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SnowblindFatal posted:

1. Doritos
2. Mountain Dew

Paladinus posted:

lol

• Locked thread