Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I sure hope Max can master her Stand before The End Of Za Waurdo Dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

What, is her phone traveling in time now too?

they just change the time they were written in universe so it fits -__-

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

they just change the time they were written in universe so it fits -__-

I dunno, it would still seems super weird and out of place. Especially since Chloe has never mentioned that it is soon to be Rachel Amber's birthday despite talking about her 24/7.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Genetic Toaster posted:

We've discovered Rachel Amber's location. She's... in Egypt!
What you owe can't be paid in money. HELLA HELLA HELLA...HEL-LA!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Ghetto Prince posted:

Supposedly there was a problem with the console version, and the publisher wants to release both versions at the same time. http://www.xboxachievements.com/news-4155-DLC-Added--Life-is-Strange---Episode-4--Dark-Room.html

I'm guessing it's going to be released this week.

Yeah... I remember in episode 3 I was thinking Nathan might have some kind of reason to do the crazy poo poo he's been doing - whatever the "Rachel in the Dark Room" stuff is supposed to mean , but then I remembered he drugged and may have date raped Chloe , and also brought a gun to school to threaten her / murder her (episode 1) and then in episode 2 you find out that Kate got drugged at his party and he took her somewhere after telling people he was taking her to the ER. -

...and I guess I'll just tag this all as spoilers since new people might come to the thread when the new episode releases.

I hate Nathan as much as anyone, but that initial scene where he talks about not being (blackmailed?) by Chloe, and his comments in the diner if kicked out of school at the end of episode 2, make me think he's been all but abused by his father. The kid needs help but doesn't seem to be getting it because his father doesn't want to ruin the family reputation. And like some bullies, since he can't fight back he just pushes other people around.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

monster on a stick posted:

I hate Nathan as much as anyone, but that initial scene where he talks about not being (blackmailed?) by Chloe, and his comments in the diner if kicked out of school at the end of episode 2, make me think he's been all but abused by his father. The kid needs help but doesn't seem to be getting it because his father doesn't want to ruin the family reputation. And like some bullies, since he can't fight back he just pushes other people around.
Yeah, Nathan is clearly mentally ill but his family are just shoving it under the rug to save face and not getting him the help he needs.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Where are you guys getting this "Rachel Amber in Dark Room" business? Did I miss something big in one of the episodes?

pog boyfriend posted:

i thought she just kissed them but yeah your point is pretty valid

I got the feeling that Kate either didn't know the true contents of the video, or was underplaying how hosed up it was. The comments from her family members and her reaction made me think that the video depicted something significantly more "unforgivable" than just a serial makeout session.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 22, 2015

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I can't help but feel spoilering all this speculation is redundant.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Talorat posted:

Where are you guys getting this "Rachel Amber in Dark Room" business? Did I miss something big in one of the episodes?
I don't know how you missed it because its part of the plot but its that drawing Nathan made that you find in his files in the principal's office that is just that phrase constantly repeated ala "All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy".

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accordion Man posted:

No, no, no, you're not supposed to crack it open, you're supposed to karate chop it with your ghostly vines, then it will tell you the future.

I'm honestly surprised that this game hasn't made a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference already considering personal spirits actually exist in-universe and Max can move within the frozen time.

Same. Can't believe they haven't referenced a totally out of the ballpark human being cartoon series that shares none of the themes, ideas, or settings.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Talorat posted:

I got the feeling that Kate either didn't know the true contents of the video, or was underplaying how hosed up it was. The comments from her family members and her reaction made me think that the video depicted something significantly more "unforgivable" than just a serial makeout session.

I figured this obfuscation was just to avoid having to literally spell out an underage gang rape happened. They say kissing but everyone really knows what the story is about here.

Debunk This! fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 22, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why would it be an underage rape story when all of the characters are 18

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there something you want to tell us

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

I guess thats not relevant? I'm never really sure on exactly how old the characters are.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
It's a video of a girl making out with a bunch of boys, something you can easily spin as "turns out biblegirl is a slut". If there was actual footage of a gang rape (:psyduck:), everyone involved would be in prison (except not really since it's a small town owned by the rich rapist's family) and Kate's attempted suicide would've been seen coming a mile away.

Re: Kate's parents, they're your stereotypical religious uptights; cleavage is indecent, so you can be sure making out with strangers is pretty up there in the disgusting scale.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

seravid posted:

It's a video of a girl making out with a bunch of boys, something you can easily spin as "turns out biblegirl is a slut". If there was actual footage of a gang rape (:psyduck:), everyone involved would be in prison (except not really since it's a small town owned by the rich rapist's family) and Kate's attempted suicide would've been seen coming a mile away.

Re: Kate's parents, they're your stereotypical religious uptights; cleavage is indecent, so you can be sure making out with strangers is pretty up there in the disgusting scale.

Sure, you could play it that way, though it's kind of implied to be more especially with the comments of her being really good with her tongue.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
It's most definitely just a make out video, all the insults are about her making out with people and i doubt Victoria would hold back with insults, and with a game that is more than willing to have things like bullying leading to suicide, i don't think they'd shy away from saying anything

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Sure, you could play it that way, though it's kind of implied to be more especially with the comments of her being really good with her tongue.

You have missed many advances in the art of kissing it seems.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Accordion Man posted:

No, no, no, you're not supposed to crack it open, you're supposed to karate chop it with your ghostly vines, then it will tell you the future.

I'm honestly surprised that this game hasn't made a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference already considering personal spirits actually exist in-universe and Max can move within the frozen time.

The people who write this have 18 year old girls casually reference Brat Pack movies so I'd guess their pop pirate cultural connoisseur expertise stops at Rage Comics.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

seravid posted:

I'd say whether they just made out or not all the guys in the video probably should be in prison or something similar. Its a testament to the writer's skill that such a heavy topic is kept so vague but I think thats intentional. In this chapter the point of the moral issue was that the people who downplayed what happened to Kate were also responsible for her suicide. Oh, you used your magic video game powers to save her life? Brilliant but in my game she died and the weight of that event impressed something more serious on me.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rare Collectable posted:

I guess thats not relevant? I'm never really sure on exactly how old the characters are.

I don't really think that the game really understands how old the characters are either. Max is 18 and just started her first year at this boarding school which resembles an American High School, but nearly everyone there appears to be 18.

I'd imagine this is because of the difference between what college is in America and Europe. Blackwell is likely fashioned after a 2 year college someone would attend in Europe before going to University, and the closest thing we have to that in the US is a Jr College or Community College.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 22, 2015

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The school is a finishing school essentially. It only has one grade level for seniors. Those things exist.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away

Rare Collectable posted:

I figured this obfuscation was just to avoid having to literally spell out an underage gang rape happened. They say kissing but everyone really knows what the story is about here.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Paul Zuvella posted:

I don't really think that the game really understands how old the characters are either. Max is 18 and just started her first year at this boarding school which resembles an American High School, but nearly everyone there appears to be 18.

I'd imagine this is because of the difference between what college is in America and Europe. Blackwell is likely fashioned after a 2 year college someone would attend in Europe before going to University, and the closest thing we have to that in the US is a Jr College or Community College.

:wtc:, goons.

Is this what becomes of us when episode 4 is "late?"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Fans posted:

You have missed many advances in the art of kissing it seems.

Nah, maybe I'm just older and more corrupt. French kissing at 18 seems fairly tame. I'm not sure how I would deal with it in her shoes, being as I'm not a devout christian but an agnostic, but I'm not sure I would try jumping off a roof for anything less than a drunk gangbang vid.

Btw, Kate is 18.

http://life-is-strange.wikia.com/wiki/Kate_Marsh

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 22, 2015

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

She comes from an ultra conservative fan, she was running a big abstinence campaign, and she was on video making out with a bunch of guys and they constantly poked fun at her for being a "hypocrite". That's why.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If she was gang hosed I'm sure the mean girl Victoria wouldn't hold back to make fun of that. Why is this weird discussion happening

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I think everyone's just bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cGzJ_L_aK0

The music choices in this game are tight.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Rare Collectable posted:

I'd say whether they just made out or not all the guys in the video probably should be in prison or something similar. Its a testament to the writer's skill that such a heavy topic is kept so vague but I think thats intentional. In this chapter the point of the moral issue was that the people who downplayed what happened to Kate were also responsible for her suicide. Oh, you used your magic video game powers to save her life? Brilliant but in my game she died and the weight of that event impressed something more serious on me.

Keep in mind we have quasi-omniscient knowledge via the magic video game power of preposterously snooping around while the stuff's owner is standing right there, but people in general would only be vaguely aware of Kate's existence. She's shy, dresses modestly and wears religious accessories and that's pretty much it so, when a video pops up in which she acts like a party animal, would you 1) believe she was drugged and taken advantage of or go 2) "You're saying a strict, religious upbringing created an impulsive, over-compensating teenager as soon as they left the nest? Never saw that coming." ?

My point is Kate shouldn't have been mad I told her not to go to the police without any proof :colbert:

Torgo2727 posted:

I don't have a top whatever list of video games, but if I did I don't think this one would make the cut. And yet, this delay was quite disappointing; I suppose I can't wait to see what terrible fate(s) awaits Chloe. At least she seems kinda happy:

Ah, I hadn't noticed that abomination she's wearing. It looks like a deformed, dripping toilet seat. Welp, guess it matches her spinal cord.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

seravid posted:

Ah, I hadn't noticed that abomination she's wearing. It looks like a deformed, dripping toilet seat. Welp, guess it matches her spinal cord.

Pretty sure that's a harness, not a fashion statement.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm totally fine with the wait because from the sound of it they're making stuff you did actually matter, which is always worth it.

Also as a KRZ fan I can easily wait a long time for something great.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Pretty sure that's a harness, not a fashion statement.

It's a scarf, and apparently looks just like one that is in the janitor closet

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Torgo2727 posted:

At least this smilie still has a use. :tvtropes:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Torgo2727 posted:

I'd appreciate it if you didn't rope my post about what kind of school they all go to in with a bunch of weird goon chat about rape, there was nothing in my post about the subject because it's bad and hosed up.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Nah, maybe I'm just older and more corrupt. French kissing at 18 seems fairly tame. I'm not sure how I would deal with it in her shoes, being as I'm not a devout christian but an agnostic, but I'm not sure I would try jumping off a roof for anything less than a drunk gangbang vid.

Btw, Kate is 18.

She probably already had depression prior to the video coming out, and considering that and everything that happened as a result I can totally see her taking that route.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Accordion Man posted:

I don't know how you missed it because its part of the plot but its that drawing Nathan made that you find in his files in the principal's office that is just that phrase constantly repeated ala "All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy".

Oh poo poo yeah I forgot about that. Man the next episode can't come soon enough.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
It's coming Tuesday! Here's the trailer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:woop:

Capopio
Feb 17, 2011
Since I started playing this game I've had this dreadful - how to put it? - Hunch? Intuition? Presentiment? Suspicion? "A strong feeling that something is about to happen, especially something unpleasant".

Now I KNOW I solved the big mistery, without a doubt. Everything's so crystal clear, I can't believe you guys still haven't figured out who's going to be behind it all!

Spoilers, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Turra posted:

It's coming Tuesday! Here's the trailer

This trailer is HYPE AS FUUUUUCK :woop:

• Locked thread