Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Spur JP was nerfed. It was giving a 30% bonus that has been changed to a flat +30 with 10/10 JP. Not backbreaking, but it will add a bit of time to any of the typical solos.

E: Cool new NPC in Nashmau that sells every PUP attachment that wasn't already at an NPC, and the jug pet vendor in Jeuno now also sells pet food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Any sack holders on to give me a pearl?

On Asura as Raogrim the sexy Galka, running between cities to gather Trusts and maps.

Selim Sivad
Sep 2, 2008

by Ralp
So I'm thinking about coming back to this game. How's the new content since the first few months of Seekers? will I be able to jump back into the fray with a poorly geared 99 thf or dnc?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Selim Sivad posted:

So I'm thinking about coming back to this game. How's the new content since the first few months of Seekers? will I be able to jump back into the fray with a poorly geared 99 thf or dnc?
Things have got a lot easier since than. They've came out with sparks gear, which is a pretty good inbetween set until you can start getting 119 gear. Getting said 119 gear has also became a lot easier.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
I have enough login points to buy one of the Trusts from the campaign. Which of the 4 available would be the best to grab? So far I only have the first 3 the game gives you from completing the quest in each of the 3 cities. I thought about the COR guy but then read that he doesn't actually do any rolls, so I was considering the RNG instead.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don't think any of them are really all that impressive.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
If you guys ever come over to that other MMO we have a linkshell of the old folks who yonder for DuQu parties galore.

Lbeuol
Aug 19, 2006

Washing my hands since 2002
I'd like to come back to this game but I have no clue what I'm doing since its been so long, anyone mind helping me out?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Calling PC+controller players:

Recently the game has changed to where I have to hold in my R1 button to keep the macro window open, while previously I just had to press it once to keep the menu open. Any way to fix this problem?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Calling PC+controller players:

Recently the game has changed to where I have to hold in my R1 button to keep the macro window open, while previously I just had to press it once to keep the menu open. Any way to fix this problem?

Make the switch to keyboard+mouse, all the cool people use k+b.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Make the switch to keyboard+mouse, all the cool people use k+b.

That's treason.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

That's treason.

I am a traitor to my own kind. Please help me learn gearswap before it is too late. :allears:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

GearSwap is cool but I wish Windower would stop crashing on me all the time.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
People play this with the mouse? I wish I could play 14 keyboard only :smith:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47739

5 trusts at the same time and trusts in vagary in the next update.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

ghostinmyshell posted:

People play this with the mouse? I wish I could play 14 keyboard only :smith:

I play ff11 with keyboard only. I play ff14 with keyboard for macros and typing out emotes, my mouse is for moving around and clicking on stuff. I can't wait until I beat 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5, so I can do Heavensward stuff and unlock the three new classes.

Paladine_PSoT posted:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47739

5 trusts at the same time and trusts in vagary in the next update.

I am excited about the 5 trusts at once thing, the vagary thing has me confused. Aoe stuff is going to suck because trust npcs have horrible defensive stats, unless they are the taru runefencer.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
So I play FFXIV and because I'm not smart I decided to start playing FFXI as well.

Can someone invite me to whatever the goon linkshell is?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

SerCypher posted:

So I play FFXIV and because I'm not smart I decided to start playing FFXI as well.

Can someone invite me to whatever the goon linkshell is?

The goon linkshell is on the Asura server, are you also on that server? If so the goon linkshell is GetOut. You should also let us know what your ffxi in game name is, so that some kind soul can invite you.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

The goon linkshell is on the Asura server, are you also on that server? If so the goon linkshell is GetOut. You should also let us know what your ffxi in game name is, so that some kind soul can invite you.

Speaking of goonshell, Everyone should have a pearlsack. You're highly encouraged to give pearls to any nongoon, be it a friend, or just an awesome stranger.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Hope you fuckers are ready for ilvl abjuration gear.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47782

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My guess and understanding is it will be alot like the ilvling of af/relic. You need the base piece and upgrade it from there with a new token item, which won't be soooo bad since alot of the old cursed gear is now tier1. If it is all new recepies for hexed poo poo though, gently caress that. Itll be 100s of millions for a piece.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Everyone said I wasted money getting a full set of Kaiser. Well who's laughing now!?

Probably not me... If it's anything like AF/Relic the cost between NQ and HQ will be minor :smith:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Everyone said I wasted money getting a full set of Kaiser. Well who's laughing now!?

Probably not me... If it's anything like AF/Relic the cost between NQ and HQ will be minor :smith:

Im hoping there will still be nq/hq, just to piss on the peons

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sounds like they will only be reforging the hexed gear.

Time to get badds smithing up to cash in on hexed gamb.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Sounds like they will only be reforging the hexed gear.

Time to get badds smithing up to cash in on hexed gamb.

The first picture is cursed sky/kings gear.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

The first picture is cursed sky/kings gear.
It wouldn't be the first time they've messed up an image.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
If I'm gonna start this up and just play it for a month to get through the story for the hell of it (always meant to), is it worth transferring my old character from Quetz to Asura to play with goons, or just start over? I was level 20 i think.

I think i had like 300k gil and a bunch of craft materials to sell someone gave me a long time ago.

E: do i need to buy adoulin/should I?

Dubious fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 23, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Level 20 is like an hour, maybe, since you're new. 300k would be nice for a new player but not really enough to bother transferring instead of just starting over. And yes, get the Adoulin expansion. It might be cheaper to get the ultimate collection on steam or something and starting fresh, due to the free month and stuff.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

The ultimate seekers collection or whatever they call it (the one with Adoulin and also everything else, rather than just Adoulin alone), also comes with codes for a Chocobo Shirt and Destrier Beret. These make you extra beefy up to level 30 (including any time you're level sync'd to level 30 or below):

Shirt:
+50 accuracy
+50 ranged accuracy
+50 magic accuracy
Fewer synthesis failures if your crafting rank for that synth is initiate or below

Beret:
1 HP/tick auto-regen
1 MP/tick auto-refresh
Unlimited auto-reraise
Faster skill-ups
Increased movement speed

NB that these codes are for one specific character of your choosing (so create your character first), and aren't an account-wide thing that all your characters get.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Dubious posted:

If I'm gonna start this up and just play it for a month to get through the story for the hell of it (always meant to), is it worth transferring my old character from Quetz to Asura to play with goons, or just start over? I was level 20 i think.

I think i had like 300k gil and a bunch of craft materials to sell someone gave me a long time ago.

E: do i need to buy adoulin/should I?

Between trusts and all the options for level grinding the vertical climb that people once feared is gone, now hidden behind job points, which are entirely optional for most players except minmax sperglords like me. You can blow to 99 with minimal effort and gear and a decent social group to fall back on.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
[Quote]The following merit point categories will have their maximum bonus values raised.

Status / Combat skills / Magic skills

Job points will undergo the following additions and adjustments.

Each category's maximum value will be raised from 10 to 15.
New gifts will be added.
The maximum number of accumulated job points will be increased.

Jobs will undergo the following adjustments.

Red Mage
The chance of Temper enabling multiple attacks will now scale with a red mage's enhancing magic skill.

Dark Knight
The Consume Mana ability will become usable with elemental weapon skills.

Summoner
Ready's recast delay will be shortened.

Blue Mage
It will become possible to sort blue magic spells by elementals in the magic menu.

Puppetmaster
New attachments will be added.
The following attachments will have their effects adjusted.
Flame Holder
The amount of attack power gained from spending a fire maneuver will be increased.
Heat Capacitor
The amount of TP restored from spending a fire maneuver will be increased.
Ice Maker
The amount of magic attack power gained from spending an ice maneuver will be increased.
Replicator
When spending wind maneuvers, the Replicator will now produce copy images instead of shadow images.
Barrage Turbine
Barrage will fire more projectiles as a result of sacrificing wind maneuver effects.
Economizer
The amount of MP restored from sacrificing dark maneuver effects will be increased.
Tactical Processor
The attachment's element will be changed.

Scholar
The Embrava spell will now also grant Flurry (increased ranged attack speed) on its target.

Geomancer
It will now become possible to target the area of effect of Geo spells[\quote]

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

[Quote]The following merit point categories will have their maximum bonus values raised.

Status / Combat skills / Magic skills

Job points will undergo the following additions and adjustments.

Each category's maximum value will be raised from 10 to 15.
New gifts will be added.
The maximum number of accumulated job points will be increased.

Jobs will undergo the following adjustments.
Dark Knight
The Consume Mana ability will become usable with elemental weapon skills.
Geomancer
It will now become possible to target the area of effect of Geo spells[\quote]

I hope this makes consume mana useful. Right now it is only semiuseful.

And now for the link to the announcement of August 2015 update. Here is the link.

P.S. Dark Knight is underwhelming in both ffxi and ffxiv, how interesting is that? Not a bad job in either, just a job that would be better done by another job. I am going to be a goth emo. I will cry myself to sleep, as I try to cut my tofu hot dogs because meat is murder.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
So, for ~+=reasons=+~ I've been playing this a little bit more often in an effort not to burn myself out from heavensward and I've managed to assemble a decent set of magical blue mage skills (mostly just for MAB and subduction spam for merits), hit 99 and get both 117 sets. I've been exploring Alduin and gotten through a pretty big chunk of it, (though I still need climbing) and I'm sort of spinning my wheels as for what to do now. I still need to cap club and red mage subskills. I figure I've been delaying it long enough and should probably start building babby's first gearswap lua but I have literally no experience with it. I used spellcast back in the day and that was a long long time ago. Right now my needs are pretty basic; caster set for standing/casting, melee set for meleeing. Does anyone have a good primer that starts off simple?

My other major question is how to get started gearing up now; mostly because I lack any sort of casting rings/neck/accessories at all. I'm told Wildskeeper Reives are the hot thing but I have nothing really to go on other than "its pokemon" as a friend explained it to me.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Work on skirmish and reforged AF gear. Also take the time to put together a more advanced lua.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Filthy Haiku posted:

So, for ~+=reasons=+~ I've been playing this a little bit more often in an effort not to burn myself out from heavensward and I've managed to assemble a decent set of magical blue mage skills (mostly just for MAB and subduction spam for merits), hit 99 and get both 117 sets. I've been exploring Alduin and gotten through a pretty big chunk of it, (though I still need climbing) and I'm sort of spinning my wheels as for what to do now. I still need to cap club and red mage subskills. I figure I've been delaying it long enough and should probably start building babby's first gearswap lua but I have literally no experience with it. I used spellcast back in the day and that was a long long time ago. Right now my needs are pretty basic; caster set for standing/casting, melee set for meleeing. Does anyone have a good primer that starts off simple?

My other major question is how to get started gearing up now; mostly because I lack any sort of casting rings/neck/accessories at all. I'm told Wildskeeper Reives are the hot thing but I have nothing really to go on other than "its pokemon" as a friend explained it to me.

Spellcast is one of those things that are the biggest pain in the butt to get to work if you have no idea what you are doing. Fortunately for you, google is a thing. You should google ffxi gearswap and you will learn all the things you need to do about gearswap. WKR is worth doing for jse capes and accessories.

LiquidFriend posted:

Work on skirmish and reforged AF gear. Also take the time to put together a more advanced lua.

The best way to get ilvl119 gear is going yorcia alluvion skirmish. They are easy peasy, most players do yorcia alluvion skirmish for the augment stones.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 29, 2015

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Gruknor posted:

The best way to get ilvl119 gear is going yorcia alluvion skirmish. They are easy peasy, most players do yorcia alluvion skirmish for the augment stones.

And this just got better.

Adventurer appreciation campaign

If your account was actively subscribed in June or July, you get a red pell which can then be traded for 6 melidopt wings. 3 wings for yorcia body or an alluvion weapon, two wings for hat or pants, 1 wing for feet or gloves. It's pretty much instant endgame gear.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I forgot to unscribscribe and SE automatically billed me when my sub ran out so yay I guess there's advantages to that I guess.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Gammatron 64 posted:

I forgot to unscribscribe and SE automatically billed me when my sub ran out so yay I guess there's advantages to that I guess.

If the FFXI monthly subscription was no big deal, then I say it is good for you. Now it is time to level all the jobs, crafts, monstrosity, and maybe even do some end game stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Gruknor posted:

If the FFXI monthly subscription was no big deal, then I say it is good for you. Now it is time to level all the jobs, crafts, monstrosity, and maybe even do some end game stuff.

I'm gonna go back to FFXI after I finish Heavensward, and I'm almost halfway through that. I want to finish WoTG and SoA which I never did.