Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
>tyool 2k15
>thinking greentext stories are anything but jokes.

E: what a terrible way to start a page, I feel dirty. I'm phone posting at work so all I can offer you right now is the second best rated NAR story.

quote:

God Loves Little Boys Who Stand Up For Others

SUPERMARKET | BATH, ENGLAND, UK | AT THE CHECKOUT,BIGOTRY, FAMILY & KIDS, TOP

(I and my seven-year-old son are shopping for a birthday present for a girl in his class. She’s asked for dressing up clothes or accessories so we get a wand, tiara, and jewellery. I also have our regular shopping in the trolley. We get to the tills and there’s at least a three person queue at each till. We join a queue and have waited a couple of minutes when my son puts the tiara on and waves the wand.)

Son: *in a “posh” voice* “I’m the Queen and I say this line should move faster!”

(I and a few others smile at his playfulness when a man in line at the next till yells at me.)

Man: “You can’t let your son do that. If he turns into a f****t it’ll be your fault.”

(Everyone stops and stares at him in horror whilst the cashiers call for a manager.)

Son: “What’s a f****t?”

Me: “It’s a nasty word that only nasty people use so you mustn’t say it.”

Man: “It means gay, kid.”

Son: “What’s gay?”

Man: “It means you’re bad and going to Hell for being evil.”

Me: “It’s when a man loves a man and a lady loves a lady.”

Son: “Oh, like Uncle James and Uncle Ian?”

Me: “Yep, just like Uncle James and Uncle Ian. They’re not bad, are they?”

(My brother is a paediatric oncologist and his partner is a paediatric nurse. We’ve tried to explain what cancer is and how my brother and his partner make children feel better when they’re poorly.)

Son: “My uncles make children better when they have poorly blood and poorly bones. If you make them go to Hell that means you want the children to be poorly.”

(The manager and a security guard turn up but my son looks this man in the eye and holds his stare.)

Son: “Do you want the children to be poorly? Do you want them to be sick and have to go to Heaven?”

(Everyone is now staring at my son. The man has gone red and is looking around.)

Manager: “Sir, I believe you’ve just been outwitted by a child. You should leave now and keep your disgusting views to yourself and out of my shop.”

(The manager offered to pay for our shopping but I declined. He did, however, offer my son a toy. He chose a dress for his friend’s present.)

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

(My brother is a paediatric oncologist and his partner is a paediatric nurse. We’ve tried to explain what cancer is and how my brother and his partner make children feel better when they’re poorly.) 

Son: “My uncles make children better when they have poorly blood and poorly bones. If you make them go to Hell that means you want the children to be poorly.”

Children use adverbs instead of adjectives all the time, right? That's a common grammatical mistake human beings make when speaking. Beep boop.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dear sir, I am here to point out the fact that you were just brutally owned by a baby. On the account of aforementioned events, you shall be banished from my fine establishment never to come back again. Furthermore,

\/\/\/ It is a regional thing, yes.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Jul 21, 2015

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Fathis Munk posted:

>tyool 2k15

E: what a terrible way to start a page, I feel dirty. I'm phone posting at work so all I can offer you right now is the second best rated NAR story.

Is "they're poorly" just a Bathian regional dialect thing or is it just NAR bein stupid again

RhomboidSphinx
Jun 17, 2013

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Is "they're poorly" just a Bathian regional dialect thing or is it just NAR bein stupid again

Lived in Bath, can confirm.
The rest is bullshit though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Even if this was true, you'd think someone with an eyepatch would be used to the inevitable pirate jokes they'd get on a regular basis.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Judge Tesla posted:

Even if this was true, you'd think someone with an eyepatch would be used to the inevitable pirate jokes they'd get on a regular basis.

Yeah, at the Job Centre a few years ago there was a guy with an eyepatch and a l'Cie brand tattoo (final fantasy 13). I made a joke about losing his focus and he found it funny.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Fathis Munk posted:

>tyool 2k15

poo poo that keeps happening

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Judge Tesla posted:

Nah, people with physical issues are always hyper sensitive about them, no matter the context. Like the other stdh where the blind girl sobbed because the stdher asked her favorite color during spanish class.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Incorrect! If your physical issue is being fat you turn right back around and put that twiggy loudmouth in his place.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

Incorrect! If your physical issue is being fat you turn right back around and put that twiggy loudmouth in his place.

Being fat isn't an issue, fatshamer :smuggo:

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

sweeperbravo posted:

Being fat isn't an issue, fatshamer :smuggo:

Read this as "fatsmasher", was better.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

"I am a man and I want to attract women. What kind of man do the ladies like? Ah, it must be the kind of man I think I would be attracted to if I were a woman!"

Do not think this way, straight and bi guys. If you want to know what you should look like, go to the Romance section of any bookstore that sells new books. Look at the male cover models and figure out what they have in common, and you will know what women in TYOOL 2015 actually think is hot. I defy you to find a romance novel published before 2000 that features a mustachioed cover model. The most you'll get these days is some stubble; the man will otherwise be smoother than the day he was born.

So...Fabio?

divabot posted:

Sir, this post is Bayesian evidence that they are such fearsomely adept Beisutsukai that they can literally get the chicks with the sparkly elite brilliance of their logic. And that woman's name at the end? BAYESIAN MARINE TODD.

I'm reading through that page and I keep seeing that word. What is beisutsukai? It certainly can't be Bayesian(user) because the genius Jeffreyssai would certainly know that Bayes is rendered as BEIZU in katakana.
Also, what kind of name is "Styrlyn" or "Jeffreyssai"?

Fathis Munk posted:

>tyool 2k15

There's something about the two gay uncles being pediatricians and the going stereotype that gays are trying to convert kids that makes this come off as an interesting detail.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Postal Parcel posted:

I'm reading through that page and I keep seeing that word. What is beisutsukai? It certainly can't be Bayesian(user) because the genius Jeffreyssai would certainly know that Bayes is rendered as BEIZU in katakana.
Also, what kind of name is "Styrlyn" or "Jeffreyssai"?

Some poor soul uneducated in the ways of rationality might think Yudkowsky was just an anime nerd who didn't speak Japanese but had learnt enough to fake it to other anime nerds who didn't speak Japanese. Ha! But that could never be the case. So it's obviously literary effect.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I just want to thank this thread for introducing me to the phrase "MAXIMUM OVERDIDN'T," I've been laughing about that all day. Well, that's it, keep up the good work.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Read this as "fatsmasher", was better.

Slam whale, holy grail
Fatsmasher, fupa basher

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Verisimilidude posted:

Slam whale, holy grail
Fatsmasher, fupa basher

Mods, please change my name to Fupa Basher.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

quote:

On Friday, my father and I were playing poker- something we both loved. I didn't feel well, so I asked him to drive me home at break. He did. 5 minutes later, on his way back he had a massive stroke and wrecked. On Monday, we made the decision to take him off the life support, after no hope from the doctors.
He had a love-hate relationship with Imgur. For the last two month he stayed with me, due to health issues. He'd be trying to watch something, hear me laugh, and jokingly-frustrated ask, "What now?" It was you guys. Your posts, your comments, everything. I'd share it with him and it made that moment so much better. Just separated from his wife, health issues, living with his son- these interruptions gave us some great moments before he passed yesterday. Thank you.

We, thank you.

EDIT: I've been so overwhelmed by the comments and messages. Everything you all have said and the support, will be paid forward once I get things right for me after this. The kindness of strangers is an amazing thing. Thank you.

I don't know what's worse: The idea that someone really thought using the photo of his dead father was good for internet points, or that somebody thought making up a bullshit story around that photo was good for internet stories.
Either way, gently caress this gay earth. Burn everything and salt the earth.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Non Serviam posted:

I don't know what's worse: The idea that someone really thought using the photo of his dead father was good for internet points, or that somebody thought making up a bullshit story around that photo was good for internet stories.
Either way, gently caress this gay earth. Burn everything and salt the earth.

lol, loving imgur/reddit people are the worst

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

lol, loving imgur/reddit people are the worst

I can imagine a Kodak moment commercial:

"You boys and your internets... what is it now?

---"TruNigga420 called me a fag"

"...give me a hug son"

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
"Son... I don't have much time left *cough* but before I die... Promise me... You'll make it to the front page..."

*flatlines*

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Big Grunty Secret posted:

"Son... I don't have much time left *cough* but before I die... Promise me... You'll make it to the front page..."

*flatlines*

"Nurse... wait. I've got a pulse!"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

What if Jesus came back and did it primarily through the use of social media lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sorry Mr. Jones you didn't go viral on Imgur, no new kidneys for you.

It's ok doctor, I understand.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
The worst part, to me, is that this guy's dad is dying, and the poster is apparently too loving busy looking at Imgur to spend time with him. Jesus Christ ,what the gently caress is wrong with these people.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Elblanco posted:

The worst part, to me, is that this guy's dad is dying, and the poster is apparently too loving busy looking at Imgur to spend time with him. Jesus Christ ,what the gently caress is wrong with these people.

Alt the dad has already croaked and the kid is posting this while the rest of the family is around him mourning & making funeral plans etc.

B-but my internet friends!... They understand me!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"Hey goons, really want to thank you for getting me through these tough times"

"Get cucked"
"Kill your famil"
"I'm gay"

"Thanks guys, really means a lot, internet strangers"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The commenters on efuckt got me through some hard times while my baby was in the hospital.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Yeah. I'm dealing with a friend's suicide and some PYF and GBS has helped. I just wouldn't make anything but an E/N thread for it

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yeah. I'm dealing with a friend's suicide and some PYF and GBS has helped. I just wouldn't make anything but an E/N thread for it

Hey, aren't you the guy who used to sell Monster Cable™ to Customers at Best Buy®?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
"Sitting by my dad's bedside, he motioned for me to lean closer. "Thanks for always making me feel like I'm on the front page." he said, smiling weakly.

Tears welled up in me. Choking back the sobs, I replied, "I always upvote rear end.""

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The soul rising to heaven is basically the ultimate upvote.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sweeperbravo posted:

Evildoers who destroy our faith in humanity are taken to hell by the downvote fairies to be killed with fire forever

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The Gospel according to Imgur. (Thanks be to Doge)

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

imgurian posted:

lol, you believe in heaven. okay lil' baby, keep believing your lil' fairytales

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Jesus H Christ.

quote:

Should Have Had Fore-warning
HIGH SCHOOL | ATHENS, GA, USA | BIZARRE/SILLY, HEALTH & BODY, RUDE & RISQUE, TEACHERS
(In my junior year of high school, I take a Principles of Nursing class. Basically, it’s a course in first aid, hygiene, CPR, and a little bit of anatomy. In a class of maybe fifteen students, the teacher and I are the ONLY males in the room. Keep that in mind. One day, we are talking about the reproductive system. I don’t remember the exact context, but somehow it seems appropriate in the teacher’s mind to ask me:)

Teacher: “[My Name,] are you circumcised?”

(I am. I just don’t know how to respond to a question about my penis in a room full of (attractive) women.)

Me: “Uh… I… Um…”

Teacher: “It doesn’t make much of a difference. Just remember that if you’re not, it’s important to wash under the foreskin when you shower, to avoid the risk of infection.”

Me: “I… Uh… I mean…”

(The teacher then continued the lesson like nothing out of the ordinary had happened. He was later fired, not for anything having to do with asking inappropriate questions of students but for growing marijuana on his property.)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

Jesus H Christ.

I dunno, that sounds possible. One of high school English teachers was a drunk and busted out with "Quit your bitching and enjoy sex" one day.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'd believe that. I've had weird teachers who would bust that kind of question out and have had more than a few who could have got arrested for growing weed. It's kind of cool that they have a basic Nursing class in junior high school either way.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Khazar-khum posted:

Jesus H Christ.

I believe it because he didn't have some witty one liner ready and no one fell in love with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I've seen teachers do much worse than that in class.

• Locked thread