Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This feels like a good time for a random TF off my shelf instead of whatever is going on

This guy might have the dumbest name (but in a good way) but I like his color scheme better than Bludgeon's.

The red skull mask gives him a way more sinister look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
So Vangelus posted a review of that 3P Motormaster and hoo boy it's bad. It's one of the most negative and actively critical reviews I've seen come from him in a while.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

So Vangelus posted a review of that 3P Motormaster and hoo boy it's bad. It's one of the most negative and actively critical reviews I've seen come from him in a while.

Lone Wolf? Yeah it's hot rear end. The best part continues to be the guys with buyers remorse but they refuse to admit it. One dude bought another one trying to prove that it is indeed not poo poo and it loving broke.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

DoctorWhat posted:

I wanted to get that at first, too. drat, did I dodge a bullet or what?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The combined mode doesn't even look good. Like at all. The torso ends up super scrawny-looking. Gimme the beastial, ape-like CW MM torso (fanmoded + Nonnef gear, obvs) any day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wanted to get that at first, too. drat, did I dodge a bullet or what?

It's going to be a clearance item within a year, I'll pick one up then. Sounds like Bold Forms has for sure canceled their own limbs now as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also I'm from down south so we don't run into that kinda stuff often.

Someone's not been to Southern Decadence. (5 weeks to go :dance: )

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

Lone Wolf? Yeah it's hot rear end. The best part continues to be the guys with buyers remorse but they refuse to admit it. One dude bought another one trying to prove that it is indeed not poo poo and it loving broke.

Where can I devour this delicious schadenfreude?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

The combined mode doesn't even look good. Like at all. The torso ends up super scrawny-looking. Gimme the beastial, ape-like CW MM torso (fanmoded + Nonnef gear, obvs) any day.

I think the combined mode is good looking, but it doesn't excuse its faults. The combined mode seems to be heavily based on Menasor's original IDW appearance in those books between All Hail Megatron and MTMTE\RiD that nobody likes.

The_Doctor posted:

Someone's not been to Southern Decadence. (5 weeks to go :dance: )

I've never been to New Orleans, but I have a couple friends there. It sounds like it would be a fun place to visit and there's a lot of neat caijun cultural stuff but it's also in Louisiana and as a southerner, I am the first to admit that the south really sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Where can I devour this delicious schadenfreude?

I think it was in TRANSFORMERS ADDICTS on Facebook.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Squeaky joints terrify me. The same thing happened in all Warbotron Onslaught videos I watched.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think Invictus is just mad that he thought I was calling him a scalper. I was just trying to help him not loose money. C'est la vie.

What? Are you thinking I'm holding a grudge from like two months ago?

Bro it's energon under the spacebridge

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

What? Are you thinking I'm holding a grudge from like two months ago?

Bro it's energon under the spacebridge

Ok, good. I wanna be friends with everybody here.

Except Taint Reaper. Nobody wants to hang out with him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Except Taint Reaper. Nobody wants to hang out with him.

He's a good person in his own special way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Except when he talks about Japanese schoolgirl swimsuits on voice chat

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He's a good person in his own special way.

Yeah, I don't think he's a bad person. Just.... special.

Captain Invictus posted:

Except when he talks about Japanese schoolgirl swimsuits on voice chat

Wait, what?

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I finally decided to see what this whole Combiner Wars hubbub is all about, and got myself a Cyclonus (of all things... drat Hasbro Europe skipping Wave 2!) Only, they didn't have any limb figures I liked in stock, so when I wanted to try out the combiner mode, I had to, uh, improvise.

I legit like the fansproject guys as both arms and legs for him, though I should really build some adapters do they don't just kind of hang on for dear life. Also, get Last Chance and the other guy at some point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In goon squad there was an infamous point during a raid where somehow the conversation swung in an uncomfortable direction and he took it and ran with it

Maybe he was reaping taints even then. Maybe he's always been taint reaping.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

This feels like a good time for a random TF off my shelf instead of whatever is going on

This guy might have the dumbest name (but in a good way) but I like his color scheme better than Bludgeon's.

The red skull mask gives him a way more sinister look.

Good impulse. I also recently pulled him out of plastic tub jail and drat I like that mold. There's a really cool G1-inspired alternate head for him on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/product/LLB5WBPE3/banzaitron-voyager-head-mk3. His cool color scheme makes it an utter bitch to properly match his colors when painting the head, but I don't regret spending the time to get it right.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, that face looks neat. One thing I wish was a lil' better is the feet which can sometimes be unstable for certain poses, and I guess wrist rotation wouldn't hurt, but his arms have enough joints that it doesn't become a huge problem. Maybe someone did a replacement for them already.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I would like some 3P group to make better swords for that mold that don't also come saddled with a bunch of other crap like heads and extraneous guns, because the soft rubber they used for the default swords is total garbage.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Welp they are the G1 Dinobots....

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/07/23/platinum-edition-dinobots-set-revealed-new-headsculpts-confirmed-298486

I guess this is it, this is the Dinobots that will count for Combiner Wars. G1 accurate head sculpts on movie bodies.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh look, more things to clog up shelves.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah why are they charged 130 dollars for Platinum G2 Prime? Like Nobody is going to buy it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

3 posted:

I would like some 3P group to make better swords for that mold that don't also come saddled with a bunch of other crap like heads and extraneous guns, because the soft rubber they used for the default swords is total garbage.

I swear somebody did. My buddy who has every variation of that mold has some sort of upgraded sword set. I will ask him what's up with it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

To be fair Plumbimus van Prime looked more like he was around for clogged up toilets than shelves

And no one has ever been able to explain Year of the Goat Soundwave to me. It's like a visual representation of pulling more MP Soundwaves out of your arse. The Dinobots at least have new head sculpts and some people like the chromed like a faucet get ups.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You know what? I wish they repainted the Dinobots into their canceled G2 colors.

yellow with blue tigerstripe grimlock would have looked awesome in that movie mold. Giving them their G1 colorscheme just doesn't cut it because we've gotten incredibly accurate updated figures like Ultra Magnus, megatron, Defensor, and Superion. if they were colored like their G2 selves nobody would be that critical because G2's entire point was randomly repainted whatever in garrish colors.

Having the dinobots not resemble their G1 selves in robot mode just doesn't cut it. The headsculpts are very nice, but they're on the wrong bodies.

*edit*
Also they have clear plastic joints, the one thing I fear right next to GPS are clear plastic joints.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 24, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think they look nice.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

I think they look nice.

I dunno are they 300 dollars nice though?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Welp I take it all back Michael Bay's Optimus Prime was honestly the most G1 accurate interpretation of the character:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I love how he has to pull out his head to talk.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The complete :wtc: comic: http://primularchangelboxes.weebly.com/diaclone-comic.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress it, got more Mashers today as Target has a bunch on clearance as well. Probably gonna go back to 5 Below and get the others I passed on tomorrow.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Just picked up CW Devastator from Toys R Us, so they're either not flying off the shelves quite yet or I got extremely lucky. TRU's selling them for $160 but I was able to coupon it down to ~$120 :toot:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Devastator came with a CW trading card, but the Deluxe Protectobots didn't. I thought maybe they just had stopped the cards, but if Devastator has one, I guess not. What's the deal?

3 posted:

Just picked up CW Devastator from Toys R Us, so they're either not flying off the shelves quite yet or I got extremely lucky. TRU's selling them for $160 but I was able to coupon it down to ~$120 :toot:

The nearest TRU has several sitting around. They all have incredibly smashed up boxes, so I figure the scalpers don't think they can sell them like that.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Devastator came with a CW trading card, but the Deluxe Protectobots didn't. I thought maybe they just had stopped the cards, but if Devastator has one, I guess not. What's the deal?
You get cards if you don't get a comic, ie, the rest of the world or stuff that doesn't ship with comics.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Spiderdrake posted:

You get cards if you don't get a comic, ie, the rest of the world or stuff that doesn't ship with comics.

Huh, I thought I got cards with the Stunticons but I guess not. This must be driving the OCD people nuts.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Careful now, I got a hefty probation for observing that a particular transformer resembles a transvestite a few years back. I have no idea if jokes are acceptable here like they are in GBS.

There's going off the formula to try something new, and then there's going off the formula to jerk yourself off. I really hope I end up eating crow, but this looks like a story where Swerve quantum leaps up his own pop culture rear end in a top hat and they have to import themselves into his Roku to save him, because god forbid an issue goes by in 2015 without a bunch of Roberts's favorite media being shoehorned in. I wonder what the asterisk soundtrack will be for this issue...gonna guess Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, and Scissor Sisters.

That the worst part, he keeps annoying me with references to stuff I REALLY LIKE.

You're right, too much author insertion of things they like can backfire. (For example: Chris Claremont. Feel the disco beat, hope you survive the experience!) Robert's musical tastes do not match up with mine exactly, nor to what I imagine robots from outer space listen to. (It's metal, by the way. The Transformers listen to metal because they are metal, in both a literal and figurative sense. You can totally tell Cyclonus is into metal, though.)

Captain Invictus posted:

Maybe you should take a break from SA or, perhaps, stop reading GBS

:aaaaa:

DoctorWhat posted:

Please don't become permabanned poster knockoffstomper64, Gammatron. This can be prevented!

I understand this reference. :golfclap:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I understand this reference. :golfclap:

I think I "get" fyad. Uh oh.

I'm pretty sure I'm not schizophrenic, though. I just have a nasty case of depression and existential nihilism.

(I probably shouldn't read the gibbis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think I have cards and comics, somehow.