Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

more like dICK posted:

I'm glad I care more about being a pretty princess than raiding, because the new AST set is wonderful. Can't wait for my big foppish hat.

You can do both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tenzarin posted:

Hahaha, I have protect cross skilled on my paladin gear set. What a tool, hes saving those slot for FRACTURE!

When you're lower than level 54 on PLD, Fracture is pretty much their best DPS skill.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fracture is always a DPS loss on dragoon and has been since the buffs back in 2.4 or whatever.

on a training dummy, yes.

in practical application, not so much.

Tenzarin posted:

Hahaha, I have protect cross skilled on my paladin gear set. What a tool, hes saving those slot for FRACTURE!

I hear you man, that's why I don't the blm soul stone! Just so I too can fracture for its insane dps addition.

thats some interesting dyslexia you got there friend, black mage spells daragoonnnn :downs:

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 23, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

When you're lower than level 54 on PLD, Fracture is pretty much their best DPS skill.

Too high to fracture, too low to protect. What is the world coming too?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Spaceman Future! posted:

on a training dummy, yes.

in practical application, not so much.

In practical application it has no use on dragoon. The last time it had any real use for me in raiding was on Nael. Since the buffs it really is a DPS loss pretty much always.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

In practical application it has no use on dragoon. The last time it had any real use for me in raiding was on Nael. Since the buffs it really is a DPS loss pretty much always.

I use it to leave dots on the main boss in add heavy fights, please recommend a substitute.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
When I get tam-tara or sastasha, I fire off protect, move cleric stance to slot 1 (it only goes on cooldown for 5 seconds, not 30, for whatever reason), turn that on, then move aero to slot 1, since turning off cleric stance really isn't necessary, and eat the remaining 30 seconds of cooldown.

I did this both when leveling SCH and AST, worked great, since even without fairy the first pull won't kill the tank until they're either dead or you're off cooldown :v:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

nuru posted:

So how expensive is crafting for red scrips looking each week?

I got Serpentskin Boots of Aiming starred for me today. It owns.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Truga posted:

When I get tam-tara or sastasha, I fire off protect, move cleric stance to slot 1 (it only goes on cooldown for 5 seconds, not 30, for whatever reason), turn that on, then move aero to slot 1, since turning off cleric stance really isn't necessary, and eat the remaining 30 seconds of cooldown.

I did this both when leveling SCH and AST, worked great :v:

does protect even matter pre longstop? Most of the heals are still overheals at that point, the impact is minimal

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Spaceman Future! posted:

I use it to leave dots on the main boss in add heavy fights, please recommend a substitute.

Continue on through your primary combos while moving around. If you want to dot a bunch of things, pass out phlebotomize. The average potency of just going through the dragoon combo just outpaces fracture since the buffs back in 2.4 or whenever. I don't even keep fracture cross classed anymore because of it.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

How interested are people in a workshop and airships overview? I have my basic guide on ffgoons but there seems to be enough people are confused about it that it might merit an .. Ulp.. YouTube video.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Continue on through your primary combos while moving around. If you want to dot a bunch of things, pass out phlebotomize. The average potency of just going through the dragoon combo just outpaces fracture since the buffs back in 2.4 or whenever. I don't even keep fracture cross classed anymore because of it.

I already do that, im usually timed out to finish a primary combo at spawn and try to keep my timing on jumps so that they are comming off cooldown as spawns come up, which cuts down running time by just using spineshatter and dragonfire to move between adds, I just drop a phleb and if I have very little time left on one of those cooldowns a fracture out > spineshatter > primary combo without any wasted time running in between. Fracture is about as low on the rotation priority as it can be though now, especially with the new new buffs handed out 2 patches ago which own so hard.

since we're doing numbers chat, for Bard does wanderers actually provide an overall increase? It bugs me so much to see those raging strikes, internal release, b4b timers counting off while I wait a billion years per weaponskill, should it just be applied during the window on your primary buffs and then dropped off during cooldown?

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 23, 2015

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Spaceman Future! posted:

does protect even matter pre longstop? Most of the heals are still overheals at that point, the impact is minimal

It's just fluff at those levels, especially if level synced to HQ gear.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Spaceman Future! posted:

since we're doing numbers chat, for Bard does wanderers actually provide an overall increase?

YES.

also your gcd is identical with/without WM, so you'll be waiting "a billion years" either way

kojei fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 23, 2015

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

RuanGacho posted:

How interested are people in a workshop and airships overview? I have my basic guide on ffgoons but there seems to be enough people are confused about it that it might merit an .. Ulp.. YouTube video.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

when left up all the time? Or just putting up for the buff windows? im rearranging my rotation as I push it through to 60, want to get in.. new.. habits before I use it for prime time.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Spaceman Future! posted:

when left up all the time? Or just putting up for the buff windows? im rearranging my rotation as I push it through to 60, want to get in.. new.. habits before I use it for prime time.

http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27555

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

nuru posted:

It's just fluff at those levels, especially if level synced to HQ gear.

It's this, but as you can see, some people can get anal about it.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Spaceman Future! posted:

It is 100% a damage increase on a target dummy fight, you should only be dropping it when there is *really* heavy movement (ie can't stutter step out of casts). Even then it should only be down for a gcd or two so you can get IJ and Emp back up.

Give me like 10 minutes and i'll do comparison parses.

Full WM:

No WM:

I also hosed up my WM rotation so that number is lower than it should be.

terrified of my bathroom fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 23, 2015

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Spaceman Future! posted:

That's sort of the point of the conversation: no, Protect is completely trivial before, hell, Stone Vigil even, but some people will just completely flip out if a healer doesn't have it in super-lowbie content even though it doesn't even matter.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nuru posted:

So how expensive is crafting for red scrips looking each week?

Capping red scrips? Super cheap.
Crafting anything with them? Undoable right now.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

bonewitch posted:

It is 100% a damage increase on a target dummy fight, you should only be dropping it when there is *really* heavy movement (ie can't stutter step out of casts). Even then it should only be down for a gcd or two so you can get IJ and Emp back up.

Give me like 10 minutes and i'll do comparison parses.

Full WM:

No WM:

I also hosed up my WM rotation so that number is lower than it should be.

beautiful. also.. awww.. i hate the new pacing, but Ill adapt, WM it is.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is there a way to respec my chocobo companion? And is it possible to have more than one chocobo (or have one with multiple specs)?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there a way to respec my chocobo companion? And is it possible to have more than one chocobo (or have one with multiple specs)?

You can buy reagan peppers to respec from the hunt guy at the grand company hq for like 20 allied seals or also for 48k gc seals from that vendor.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SirPhoebos posted:

You spend GC seals on a reagan pepper to reset their SP and you only have the one chocobro.

You can raise them to rank 20 and max all three areas, though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So Favours are pretty easy to collect and do but I'm not sure I want to reserve 11 hours and 15 minutes of my life every week for straight gathering unless the mats sell for stupendous amounts.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Elentor posted:

Capping red scrips? Super cheap.
Crafting anything with them? Undoable right now.

Is there any DoH that is currently the cheapest to cap red scrips? I still have them all in the low-to-mid 50s but I figure I'll do a push to get one of them to 60 so I can get red scrips, I'm just not sure which.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Eej posted:

So Favours are pretty easy to collect and do but I'm not sure I want to reserve 11 hours and 15 minutes of my life every week for straight gathering unless the mats sell for stupendous amounts.

if its long and monotonous but easy you're going to be undercut on mats by bots within a week, so plan appropriately.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
At the risk of scaring people away from Balmung even further, I discovered something truly horrible today. There was someone advertising that they were willing to sell their housing plot in the party finder, and upon checking their search info, I found that they were an RPer like much of the server but, well.. also this. :nws::nms: http://tinyurl.com/magidysea :nws::nms:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Verranicus posted:

At the risk of scaring people away from Balmung even further, I discovered something truly horrible today. There was someone advertising that they were willing to sell their housing plot in the party finder, and upon checking their search info, I found that they were an RPer like much of the server but, well.. also this. :nws::nms: http://tinyurl.com/magidysea :nws::nms:

gently caress I clicked it and I just HAD to click "sexual details" and I regret it and refuse to click further oh god why

:nws: :nws:

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
:nws:

:stonk: :suicide:

Can't we all just grind for tomestones together? Wait, let me check the list ...

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:yikes:

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

And watch as idiot pubbies undercut you by 70% because they're dumb as hell and likely operate on the "if I mine it it's free" concept when selling at a loss.

I have a big spreadsheet of retainer names cross referenced with their SA accounts (I acquired this with my knowledge of the markets (plebs won't understand so I won't go into detail)) so I KNOW all these guys undercutting aren't on this forum.

loving pubbies am I right?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Verranicus posted:

I didn't know what half those things they were into are.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Chucat posted:

I have a big spreadsheet of retainer names cross referenced with their SA accounts (I acquired this with my knowledge of the markets (plebs won't understand so I won't go into detail)) so I KNOW all these guys undercutting aren't on this forum.

The :10bux: pedestal

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
HEY GUYS I LOVE FRACTURE IN FACT THAT IS THE ONLY SKILL I USE EVEN WHILE TANKING COME TELL ME I AM AN IDIOT INSTEAD OF DISCUSSING WHATEVER THAT LINK IS I AM SURE IT IS NOT IMPORTANT.

acu
Oct 13, 2014

Chucat posted:

I personally delete all of my retainers after a day of undercutting people in this thread so no one can track me down.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Unlucky7 posted:

HEY GUYS I LOVE FRACTURE IN FACT THAT IS THE ONLY SKILL I USE EVEN WHILE TANKING COME TELL ME I AM AN IDIOT INSTEAD OF DISCUSSING WHATEVER THAT LINK IS I AM SURE IT IS NOT IMPORTANT.

Someone tell me five cross-class skills I should take on MNK before Fracture, please.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

VIT GEAR IS FOR SCRUBS OH GOD DO THEY MAKE BRAIN BLEACH YET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Unlucky7 posted:

Thank you.

• Locked thread