Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

My U21 manager, frustrated by the lack of oversight at the club, is playing Bulgarian midfielders in goal, and the world is just carrying on like this is completely normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Fat Lowtax posted:

My U21 manager, frustrated by the lack of oversight at the club, is playing Bulgarian midfielders in goal, and the world is just carrying on like this is completely normal

Well it is the youth team, plenty of good keepers started as outfield players

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
In my save right now, the American media has an active campaign against Conor Casey making the U.S. Team for friendlies in 2017. Dude hasn't been capped in a decade and doesn't even start for his MLS side.

I mean, lay off the poor old guy. drat.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fat Lowtax posted:

Looks like he did pretty well though? Maybe your U21 manager is onto something.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What are some good first window signings? im looking for either great prospects or 1st teamers to help hit the PL from the championship?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Messi and Ronaldo are always a good call for an upper championship side.

Yeah. It depends on your budget and where you are weak and what sort of football you want to play.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/samgerfc/status/623064701950382081/photo/1

cherno samba has retired

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I got 15m playing a 4-2-3-1. I have a good cb, good wide mids and a good striker.

If I have a dude with alot of pace dribbling finishing and decent pass, but low crossing, what role should he have outwide? Hes left footed.

My striker is good but has a balance of 5 and bitches when I train him telling me its unimportant, should I change? Is balance important for a striker?

Id really like to find a solid dm and some fbs.

Also I googled around about good players to buy and eveyones like you can get Balanta (colombian dude) for like 5m but theyre asking me for like 23m. What gives? Is it bc im not in the pl? Ive noticed alot of other youths or players that sites say are supposed to go for cheap have teams asking me for 20m+

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Some may have been cheaper in the original database but not after the winter update. Some will just be cheaper if you unsettle them or if they haven't signed a new contract yet or whatever.

I don't tend to use DMs so not much advice there. I prefer supporting CMs as my most defensive not - center backs. Maybe try to loan someone from a Champions league team?

If you need a winger and can get him Josh Murphy is loving godly at that level and has bags of potential. I took him to Arsenal in my big club game and after a year on loan he became one of our best players. Before I moved to two full starting lineups he was keeping sanchez on the bench at times.

Yeah. Couldn't recommend him enough!

Masonity fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 20, 2015

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Balance represents the player's ability to keep his feet under physical pressure. If your striker can find space then it's not a major concern, say as an advanced forward making runs beyond the last defender.

Balance does not represent a player's ability to keep "balanced" while turning and running at pace (that is agility & dribbling), despite what some veteran researchers still think. It's a target-man/holding the ball up attribute.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

Balance represents the player's ability to keep his feet under physical pressure. If your striker can find space then it's not a major concern, say as an advanced forward making runs beyond the last defender.

Balance does not represent a player's ability to keep "balanced" while turning and running at pace (that is agility & dribbling), despite what some veteran researchers still think. It's a target-man/holding the ball up attribute.

He has super similar stats to Alexander Pato and hes like 20 I think. Hes pretty good just balance is worrying me a little. 5 is superrrr low.

I am running a 4-2-3-1, but im not sure if I want my wide players to be wingers, AMs or traditional mids. Is this formation viable in fm15 before I get super into it?

I have a super pacey AM with weak crossing (like 7 or 8) a 12 in passing and great dribble and technique. Not sure what his role should be. I want him to penetrate and cut inside I think given his stats.

Should I play my Pato knock off as an AF than and not say a CF, stick a AM (S) behind him?

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 21, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Whoever said NYCFC is basically easy mode was totally right.

Villa and Lamparf boss the league, with Villa easily scoring 20+ goals no matter what. Orlando is dumb as hell in the expansion draft, so you get 7-8 legitimate MLS starters right away. And then other teams straight up waive good players. I picked up Fabian Espindola and Sean Jouhnson for nothing.

And salaries don't even matter. The board refuses to let me sign new players now that I have a full roster, but they don't give a poo poo who I pick off waivers or trade for.

Then the game drops Kyle Beckerman in my lap via allocation when he returns from a brief stint in Italy.

So here I am, starting season two, with a lineup much stronger than anything I put together in 15 seasons with DC in FM14. Whatever though. I like winning.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waroduce posted:

He has super similar stats to Alexander Pato and hes like 20 I think. Hes pretty good just balance is worrying me a little. 5 is superrrr low.

I am running a 4-2-3-1, but im not sure if I want my wide players to be wingers, AMs or traditional mids. Is this formation viable in fm15 before I get super into it?

I have a super pacey AM with weak crossing (like 7 or 8) a 12 in passing and great dribble and technique. Not sure what his role should be. I want him to penetrate and cut inside I think given his stats.

Should I play my Pato knock off as an AF than and not say a CF, stick a AM (S) behind him?

4-2-3-1 is a very aggressive formation. The shape of your team on the tactics screen represents its defensive shape, with individual roles dictating how the team launches attacks. It's good for pressing systems and possession, but leaves full-backs especially exposed on the counter, and the duties of your two CMs will be important.

Don't worry too much about the attributes of individual players, and think more about how you want the roles to work together. Your pacey AM might be suited for cutting inside, but if there's another player already standing in that area (the central of the 3) is it really going to be effective? His crossing may be bad but if he gets in behind defenders from a wide position and your striker is in space that won't be a huge problem (just don't have him playing early crosses into packed penalty areas).

A Complete Forward will try to mix it up with defenders and do a bit of everything. It's not a great role for a player with a definite, identifiable weakness. He'll drop deep at times (into the AM's space) leaving no target further forward.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Masonity posted:

Some may have been cheaper in the original database but not after the winter update. Some will just be cheaper if you unsettle them or if they haven't signed a new contract yet or whatever.

I don't tend to use DMs so not much advice there. I prefer supporting CMs as my most defensive not - center backs. Maybe try to loan someone from a Champions league team?

If you need a winger and can get him Josh Murphy is loving godly at that level and has bags of potential. I took him to Arsenal in my big club game and after a year on loan he became one of our best players. Before I moved to two full starting lineups he was keeping sanchez on the bench at times.

Yeah. Couldn't recommend him enough!

Yeah, so this happened...

So yeah. If you can afford him, you probably should. He turns out... okay.

World record transfer* okay.

*As long as he plays his games and all that.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

So here I am, starting season two, with a lineup much stronger than anything I put together in 15 seasons with DC in FM14. Whatever though. I like winning.

The best part to me really is that finally the SuperDraft has enough quality players that even when you end up with the last pick every year, that guy is usually at minimum a solid starter so you can draft for need not just get the best player available even if it's some position you don't need that you have to loan out to a NASL team.

What this really means, is if you play the game the rear end in a top hat way you should probably think about trading away your draft picks every other year for as many other picks as you can. It's not easy, but if you throw in a guy on a trade that you weren't going to re-sign anyway, you can sometimes get 6 superdraft picks in one year, play and re-sign 4 of them and keep repeating and never have to sign other team members except for your DP's.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Telex posted:

The best part to me really is that finally the SuperDraft has enough quality players that even when you end up with the last pick every year, that guy is usually at minimum a solid starter so you can draft for need not just get the best player available even if it's some position you don't need that you have to loan out to a NASL team.

What this really means, is if you play the game the rear end in a top hat way you should probably think about trading away your draft picks every other year for as many other picks as you can. It's not easy, but if you throw in a guy on a trade that you weren't going to re-sign anyway, you can sometimes get 6 superdraft picks in one year, play and re-sign 4 of them and keep repeating and never have to sign other team members except for your DP's.

Wrong thread.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

sassassin posted:

Wrong thread.

Baseball Soccer is pretty fun, you should give it a try.

It's way more interesting than Pokemon Soccer.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What are some contract negotiation terms to avoid?

Im negotiating with Jesus Vallejos 1.8m release clause and he wants an appearance fee, a 30% promo raise, a shutout bonus, 20% yearly salary raise, and a salary of after reaching clun career games (10) of 180k up from a normal salary of 120.

Any of this poo poo going to come back and bite me?

Any transfer tricks or poo poo to try to slip in like a sell on % that wont gently caress up a negotiation?

I have a 15m transfer budget and 9.61 p/a available. Wtf is p/a?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Waroduce posted:

Im negotiating with Jesus Vallejos 1.8m release clause and he wants an appearance fee, a 30% promo raise, a shutout bonus, 20% yearly salary raise, and a salary of after reaching clun career games (10) of 180k up from a normal salary of 120.

Any transfer tricks or poo poo to try to slip in like a sell on % that wont gently caress up a negotiation?

Get rid of the 20% yearly raise. Try and convince him to accept a bonus for a huge amount of goals he'll never reach or for international caps instead of a wage increase after 10 games too. p/a is per annum, because you've probably set the game to American English not The Lord's English

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Masonity posted:

Yeah, so this happened...

So yeah. If you can afford him, you probably should. He turns out... okay.

World record transfer* okay.

*As long as he plays his games and all that.

English tax or something.

In my Man City all-UK game, I trained Murphy as a MR for an inside forward role. In my game, his attributes were worse than the ones you just posted, but he still played 28 games (only 17 of them were starts) with 12 goals, 13 assists, and 7.75 rating.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Telex posted:

Superdraft seems really good, but with Villa and Lampard's salary, the board wouldn't let me sign any of my draftees. Oops.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waroduce posted:

I always stick a big sell-on fee % on players, because my careers usually don't last long enough for me to actually sell first team players I buy.

Wage after reaching career club games is for youth players you don't expect to be playing before they'll get their next contract. I offer my first year scholars deals with £10k after 10 games just to save £100/week on their basic wage. Poor little idiots.

Annual raises are killers and I hate them.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
This is cool thank you. Do any of the contract terms for Jesus Vallejo look weird? Hes a 17yr old CB and it says he would be a good signing for the championship, but I feel like 120k salary is a little high no?

I also dont know which squad status to give him

I dont understand football contracts at all. American football yes but not this. Is it normal to have so many appearance fees and bullshit tacked on?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waroduce posted:

This is cool thank you. Do any of the contract terms for Jesus Vallejo look weird? Hes a 17yr old CB and it says he would be a good signing for the championship, but I feel like 120k salary is a little high no?

I dont understand football contracts at all. American football yes but not this. Is it normal to have so many appearance fees and bullshit tacked on?

Appearance fees are standard, yeah.

The wage is only too high if you already have better players earning less, or you can't afford it. It's all silly money at the end of the day, and a higher wage can put off bigger clubs from trying to poach him.

Just give him a status based on how often you expect him to play (there's no practical difference between Key & First team, and Rotation and backup), and get the agent fee as low as possible, because agents are scum and deserve nothing.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

Superdraft seems really good, but with Villa and Lampard's salary, the board wouldn't let me sign any of my draftees. Oops.

it's probably more like you picked up too many expensive waiver guys.

You don't need them. You need to take advantage of Man City's free kids they'll give you on loan that are 5*'s relative to MLS even if they'll never start for Man City at all in their lives and will end up dropped at 23. They are superstars in MLS and they are free. I don't think they even count against the cap.

You've got a 3 mil cap (roughly, i think) and DP's only count for 250k each so you've got plenty of cap room and I remember when I started I got 10m of salary space so you shouldn't really be close to busting the board's cap, only the MLS salary cap.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Bogan Krkic posted:

p/a is per annum, because you've probably set the game to American English not The Lord's English

That's Latin, you oval office.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

XBenedict posted:

That's Latin, you oval office.

Yeah, but in game the American setting changes wages to p/a instead of p/w and calls to a head coach instead of manager, amongst other things iirc

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Waroduce posted:

Key Player - is playing every game he is fit for

First Team - most game

Rotation - playing every other game

Backup - in theory, playing very rarely

Basically if you sign someone as a key player and he doesn't play, he'll have a cry about it and get unhappy.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/22/cherno-samba-championship-manager-retires-millwall-plymouth

Guardian has a cute article about what happened to Championship Manager legends.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Telex posted:

You don't need them. You need to take advantage of Man City's free kids they'll give you on loan that are 5*'s relative to MLS even if they'll never start for Man City at all in their lives and will end up dropped at 23. They are superstars in MLS and they are free. I don't think they even count against the cap.

You've got a 3 mil cap (roughly, i think) and DP's only count for 250k each so you've got plenty of cap room and I remember when I started I got 10m of salary space so you shouldn't really be close to busting the board's cap, only the MLS salary cap.

Nah I'm way under the MLS cap, and I only have two other players making more than 3k/week. It's really odd tbh. I haven't stressed about it since my club is so overpowered, but when Fat Frank is gone this year and I can't sign rookies I'll get worried.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Miles has revealed the first new feature for FM16: dynamic rivalries. At least 10 years late, but hey

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Allyn posted:

Miles has revealed the first new feature for FM16: dynamic rivalries. At least 10 years late, but hey

I wonder if this will somehow be broke but yay about time its always abit crap where you take a non league club from nowhere and never have any rivals as they're all still tooling around in the lower leagues.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Sure it'll be based on geographical proximity - Blyth in the Premier League would be fighting for fans with Newcastle/Sunderland, not like Fulham. Will we get maps in-game? We better get maps! We won't get maps.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I really hope I can make a rivalry happen when I draw the same team 3 years in a row in the Champions League qualifiers and knock them out every time

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I frequently get Shakhar in the CL draw and they gently caress me over almost every time. Drives me insane

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Finally everyone can hate Stoke.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

joshtothemaxx posted:

Whoever said NYCFC is basically easy mode was totally right.

Villa and Lamparf boss the league, with Villa easily scoring 20+ goals no matter what. Orlando is dumb as hell in the expansion draft, so you get 7-8 legitimate MLS starters right away. And then other teams straight up waive good players. I picked up Fabian Espindola and Sean Jouhnson for nothing.

And salaries don't even matter. The board refuses to let me sign new players now that I have a full roster, but they don't give a poo poo who I pick off waivers or trade for.

Then the game drops Kyle Beckerman in my lap via allocation when he returns from a brief stint in Italy.

Yeah the MLS AI is legit stupid it doesn't handle the salary cap very well and always hangs on to some DP's too long and never replaces them. However it is really eager to shop around good MLS players for nothing especially keepers even with the update... FM14 I think MLS players were worse on average (I think they finally got some people to actually watch games) however the roster AI is better. However with them adding the Expansion mechanics I think they will continue working with the league to hopefully make it more sensible. Although this league has a problem with immediately selling DP's like Giovinco and Martins to Newcastle or other lovely EPL teams.

Playing an Expansion team is indeed easy mode because no one protects their good players so you indeed can build an entire starting 11 of quality players who could hack it in the Championship for like 1/3rd your salary cap and thats before you add a Lampard who will actually play for NYCFC and not be injured / in Manchester.

I also have found great success in having my scouts just search the EPL/Eredivise/Italy/South America and trawl for players who are coming out of contract sign them on free's. Sell my guys who perform well to Holland/Bundesliga 2/Norway/Eastern Europe and use the allocation money I get to add an extra 1 mil in salary cap. So right now my starting 11 is about on par with the relegation candidate EPL teams which is pretty cool and other than Dempsey/Alonso/Rotating DP. Sometimes I sign players and just put them on waivers and hope the AI picks them up to make their rosters a bit better.

Telex posted:

Yeah the Man City Reserves are broken, before Sinclair got traded to Villa I had Sinclair, Kelechi (some nigerian striker), Oduro (Some Ghanian Wingback) and Sinclair was a 4.5 star player and the other two 4's and I got them on minimum contracts (49K) so they don't count against the cap which was hilarious.

Also the Payroll Budget, Transfer Budget and Cap are all independent and based off your cash flows. As the Sounders I have a massive turnover every year (40 million in profits or so) so if I wanted to I could make retarded bids on players like Ronaldo or Messi, although they would never accept, the only quality player I poached was Keisuke Honda from Milan for 8 mil.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 25, 2015

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I started a game with the Germany and Japan fix and synced it to a computer that didn't have the fix and now it's broken again.
Anyone run into this before? Wondering if I fix it on other computer if it'll go back to having real players but haven't had the time to try yet.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHbJnk4zKuM

I'm going to show this to anyone who asks what I'm playing or if they should get a copy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im Bolton in year 2 of a save, and I got josh murphy, Pato and a super pacey LW w lovely crossing.

loving Murphy had a non negotiatiable 35m release clause when I signed him. Ill come out like 22m ahead on that.

What formation should I run to challenge for promotion? The rest of the team looks pretty much the same, except I picked up Jesus Vallejo, Jordan Lukkaku and kristoffer ajer.

The game had Lukkaku in my U21s even though he looks good enough for my senior team and is rated as a good player for the championship. Im leaning toward making him a rotation player.

Vallejo is also super young but looks good enough to start even with Mills and Wheater. I really like Wheater even though he doesnt look like he has the best stats. Hes tall and strong though. I think Vallejo will be a rotational piece.

Ajer is 16 and really good but im not calling him up. I made him available for my u21 squad, but im letting the AI handle youth teams. Idk poo poo about development and I let my assman run all that poo poo. Bad idea?

Also I do recommended training for everyone.

I feel like im getting a handle on my roster but im a loving idiot when it comes to tactics. I wanna feature my two wingers as they both have high pace and dribble w good finishing and passing but lower crossing. I just feel like its a waste to have Pato play a false 9 type role and serve as a linkup since he is so dangerous offensively.

I edited out the massive debt bolton has cause im an american idiot who has no idea what hes doing amd created myself as a sexi winger amd I just want to have fun. Dont judge me

Contracts scare the fuckout of me. Everyone has so many clauses and bonuses and poo poo I just pray I dont torpedo my future with all this extraneous bullshit

• Locked thread