Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You can't stop me from dynamo rollering on towers, dad,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The ability to Kraken on rollers is really strong.

yes but being an actual good player is better, ergo the carbon roller is the best

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
How to deal Krakens:

1) If you see a Kraken, keep your distance or hide
2) Bounce back when not Kraken

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Rexroom posted:

How to deal Krakens:

My foolproof way to deal with Krakens is to simply jump over them. I think most people forget that you can actually jump in this game.

Edit: I'm incredibly excited about potential playable Octoling, if only for the change in hairstyle.

Azzents fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 23, 2015

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
You guys, here's my handy guide for picking the right weapon for the right map and mode:

1. Pick a roller you rear end in a top hat

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bean posted:

You guys, here's my handy guide for picking the right weapon for the right map and mode:

1. Pick a roller you rear end in a top hat

I do better with an inkbrush on every level except moray towers, but yeah, that's pretty sound advice for turf wars.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I do better with an inkbrush on every level except moray towers, but yeah, that's pretty sound advice for turf wars.

Tell me your secrets, for I am bad at the best weapon

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Looper posted:

Tell me your secrets, for I am bad at the best weapon

Step 1. Submerge in ink.
Step 2. Wait for some hapless schmuck to wander near you.
Step 3. Pop out of the ink and mash your fire button like crazy.
Step 4. See step 1.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Krak-on rollers are downright dangerous in an expert's hand. If you can sneak around, you can use beakons as a decoy or just circle around the frontlines and give them nowhere to retreat when you use the kraken. Stack some special up and swim speed up and you got something that can just destroy the opposing side singlehandidly if they all decide to group up together.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Astro7x posted:

The only level I find the Roller difficult to use on is Moray Towers. Other than that, I have no problem kicking rear end with it.

I did well in splat zones with a roller, but only after I gave up on trying to cross the middle section and just stayed back to guard the zone on my team's side. Nobody ever shoots high enough to paint the tops of those blocks inside the zone, so you can hide there and one-shot people when they get close.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just played a match with a charger user named only "$". He very diligently painted every inch of kelp dome ever so slowly with his stupid loving sniper rifle and ended like 0-6. Probably would've won had it not been loving tower control.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Azzents posted:

Step 1. Submerge in ink.
Step 2. Wait for some hapless schmuck to wander near you.
Step 3. Pop out of the ink and mash your fire button like crazy.
Step 4. See step 1.

Good for kills, but actually spreading ink is such a pain that it makes splat zone and turf war difficult.

What is that? Take out enemies so that your teammates can paint the area unmolested? Oh, you delusional man

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Good for kills, but actually spreading ink is such a pain that it makes splat zone and turf war difficult.

What is that? Take out enemies so that your teammates can paint the area unmolested? Oh, you delusional man

Yeah, it was slightly a joke on my part but the brush can be used in ambush strats or as space creators in ranked like sniper.

Sadly, you're right. You could be the freshest god on the field and your team would still likely be too busy picking their noses or inking walls to capitalize.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Rexroom posted:

How to deal Krakens:

3) Keep swinging Inkbrush while big idiot Kraken desperately tries to charge at you instead of running away, eventually waiting out the transformation and killing them

i have killed so many krakens this way and it's always the best thing in the world. most metal gear rising poo poo in the game

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Camp Triggerfish tomorrow

Also the Krak-On roller is a crutch for people who are bad at the game. Nobody who uses it is good at the game, because if they were they would not use the Krak-On roller. I hope this was helpful

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ah the old "the weapon destroys everything but if you use it you're actually bad" tactic I see

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The regular/custom blaster is good on every map in every mode aside from turf war (but the luna blatser is great in that), and there are more blasters coming in updates that will give you even more options. Blasters are cool and not even particularly hard to use, more people should use them.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

The regular/custom blaster is good on every map in every mode aside from turf war (but the luna blatser is great in that), and there are more blasters coming in updates that will give you even more options. Blasters are cool and not even particularly hard to use, more people should use them.

I beg to differ. :colbert:

But yeah, I gave Blasters a chance early on after being overwhelmed by Japanese players.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tetracube posted:

Also the Krak-On roller is a crutch for people who are bad at the game. Nobody who uses it is good at the game, because if they were they would not use the Krak-On roller. I hope this was helpful

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of me getting 9-2 and 1200 points on that last map with my trusty ol' Krak-On roller.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tetracube posted:

This map looks awesome. I've been looking forward to it since they showed off a screenshot.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Noooo, they showed my wall strat.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Jarogue posted:

Noooo, they showed my wall strat.

Everybody knows the wall strat.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I honestly forget to jump in this game sometimes, I need to remember that it's a thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I can't wait to see all the team recruitment rules people throw out.

"Aerosprays and Krak-ons only, must have a 10-1 or better k/d ratio"

RULE 1: UNAPPROVED/EXCESSIVE BOOYAHS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM TEAM, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. :spergin:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Ah yes, water levels. The bane of my existence. Very rarely do I not find myself in it at least once a round.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Tetracube posted:

Triggerfish Camp :colbert:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

Everybody knows the wall strat.

But now even the unfresh know now.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think people are just tired of seeing her all the time. She's made a lot of appearances lately. Or something about her being Nintendo's Lightning, whatever that means.

If I had to take a guess, by "Lightning" they're probably referring to the Final Fantasy character. I couldn't tell you more than that since I haven't played a Final Fantasy game in almost a decade.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The idea of the map changing mid battle is pretty cool

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So do the miiverse posts show up more often if people like them more, or is it completely random and every random ten year old can draw way better than I can?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I think it's completely random. Although what I've seen the random art I get looks like they're made by ten year old kids. Or younger.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Rexroom posted:

I think it's completely random. Although what I've seen the random art I get looks like they're made by ten year old kids. Or younger.

hey. drawing on the gamepad is hard, okay? don't loving judge me.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Ok so I put down my Kelp Splatterscope for the Scoped E-litre and I've been really liking it; absurdly long range, burst bombs help ink walls quickly and splats anyone thinking they're safe behind obstacles, and the Echolocator lets you know who you haven't shot yet so you can find and shoot them. Charge time and high ink usage still sort of bug me but all-in-all good gun, A++ would splat again.

You can even shoot squids jumping off their spawn in Kelp Dome if you're in the centre platform, haha so unfair

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Eurogamer did an interview with Tsubasa Sakaguchi, one of the co-producers. Apparently 70-80% of players use the gyro controls. Also a new splatfest come in 3 weeks time of the previous one. (Tsubasa would like a Oasis vs Blur themed Splatfest.)

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Rexroom posted:

Eurogamer did an interview with Tsubasa Sakaguchi, one of the co-producers. Apparently 70-80% of players use the gyro controls. Also a new splatfest come in 3 weeks time of the previous one. (Tsubasa would like a Oasis vs Blur themed Splatfest.)

Woohoo!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Rexroom posted:

The Euro-ist Splatfest (Actually that would be Kraftwerk vs. New Order probably)

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Kraftwerk, if I lived there.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Wow, Camp Triggerfish sounds cooler than I originally thought.

Rexroom posted:

Anyway, here's Wondersplashwall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rexroom posted:

Christ, who the gently caress would choose Team Oasis.

Now Beatles vs. Stones, now you're talking.

• Locked thread