Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Yeah most of this update was the Striders telling each other things we the audience already knew about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I liked Dave/Terezi and am sad we didn't see what happened there. Not even in a shipping way, just an interaction way. Like... Have they really had a Pesterlog since before the Trollocalypse? They had some amazing interaction.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

I liked Dave/Terezi and am sad we didn't see what happened there. Not even in a shipping way, just an interaction way. Like... Have they really had a Pesterlog since before the Trollocalypse? They had some amazing interaction.

she contacted him to talk about her conflicted feelings during the trollocalypse, which was retconned away due to john interrupting her train of thought by leaving a snippy message for her. in any case, their interactions towards the end of act 5.2 sort of lead me to believe that she freaked him out more than a little bit with her morbidity and ceaseless head-games. and she in turn interpreted his freaked-outness as a knock against her character that contributed to her downward spiral prior to the retcon.

alas, they were simply not meant to be. but if it helps you can write a small mental fanfiction about them drawing crude cartoons on the walls. i do hope we get to hear from terezi again before the hiatus, though. it would be nice to hear her perspective on things.

e. also I think the argument could be made that a lot of her "relationship" with dave on the meteor was the result of karkats overheated imagination getting the better of him.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 23, 2015

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I just think it's weird that lots of the solid one-on-one banter seems to have died off. Maybe because the Alpha kids can't really hold a light to the originals and some of the trolls? I mean the actual trolls that talked, not like. Aradia, Sollux, Nepeta, Feferi.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Ariong posted:

I think Dirk kind of already knew all of this, but he was so up his own rear end and surrounded by people confirming his bullshit that he was in denial about it. This is the first time in about two and a half years that he's had some time to think deeply about himself. His actual self, not without his other selves interfering. Does that make sense, or is that dumb?

Moon-slab hangover chat went the same way in the current timeline that it did in the GO one. Which is good, because those were some nice conversations. The entire Alpha session was unaffected by the retcons until the moment the meteor and ship arrived.

Not completely unaffected - the sprites were different. But that seems to have had a minimal effect on how things went.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Jane never met a weird clown, also.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

TVs Ian posted:

Not completely unaffected - the sprites were different. But that seems to have had a minimal effect on how things went.

What I'm curious about is what prevented Roxy from prototyping mom!Rose this time around, and consequently, what was the catalyst that made her stop drinking, assuming she did stop in this timeline. Roxy's plan was always to prototype her mom, until Gamzee got the jump and made dear, sweet Fefetasprite instead.

I suppose I could buy that Vriska hid the kernelsprite away during her recon scouting, but that was the event that made Roxy finally decide to sober up, so maybe she didn't in this timeline? I guess it doesn't matter, with her being dead and all, but still.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

What I'm curious about is what prevented Roxy from prototyping mom!Rose this time around, and consequently, what was the catalyst that made her stop drinking, assuming she did stop in this timeline. Roxy's plan was always to prototype her mom, until Gamzee got the jump and made dear, sweet Fefetasprite instead.

I suppose I could buy that Vriska hid the kernelsprite away during her recon scouting, but that was the event that made Roxy finally decide to sober up, so maybe she didn't in this timeline? I guess it doesn't matter, with her being dead and all, but still.

Oh, this is a good catch. Man, that makes dead new timeline Roxy potentially really interesting!

I'd guess she sobered up either way though, or Jane/Jake probably would have been puzzled that their new replacement Roxy wasn't sauced on arrival.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yeah most of this update was the Striders telling each other things we the audience already knew about them.

It's as important to me that the character know thins as that I know them. Part of growing up is self-knowledge, and seeing the extremely facade-focused Sriders demonstrate introspection and empathy made my day. Twice. Plotwise, I think the two of them will collaborate better in the forthcoming battle.

Not an Owl
Oct 29, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's as important to me that the character know thins as that I know them. Part of growing up is self-knowledge, and seeing the extremely facade-focused Sriders demonstrate introspection and empathy made my day. Twice. Plotwise, I think the two of them will collaborate better in the forthcoming battle.

But the previous Striders update had all of that. This one simply tacks on more, despite there not really being a further resolution to be reached. Nothing new is really learned, about the characters or how they react to each other, and the conversation has already reached the emotional peak. This update is a conversation that I believe happened and is natural, but on a narrative level it's nothing that needs to be shown, and thus it's pretty extraneous.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Not an Owl posted:

and thus it's pretty extraneous.

Homestuck.txt

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

It served as a crucial reminder that both Dave and Dirk have, in their inventories, ghost prints of their brains, which may yet prove significant.

Though, I'm fully aware that I'm not the best judge as for the ideal way for this comic to progress because if it were up to me, the next 700 pages would be devoted solely to protracted, comprehensive, exhaustive feelings jams from all active characters.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

here's a puzzler - how exactly did Synchronize go down without aranea around to corral everyone and wake dirk up?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

here's a puzzler - how exactly did Synchronize go down without aranea around to corral everyone and wake dirk up?

Vriska Serket

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

well, it HAPENed, whatever "it" was.

Somehow I have a very bad feeling other things will HAPEN directly after this.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
I admit I got fake-out'd here and expected us to hit ^3. I'm not entirely sure I mind being wrong here, though.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Well, we finally got it. The greatest update in the history of Homestuck. I am so, so proud of you, Hussie.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Might as well pack up and go home now, I mean what is there left to do?

It would honestly be a fitting end for Homestuck if only 8000 selfies were accrued and Hussie followed through with his promise and deleted it.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
I don't even know what I was expecting.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well its all downhill from here. everything, i mean. all of human history past this point is a story of inexorable decline.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

quote:

You can finally say with absolute conviction that it's all been worth it. It has all paid off. All roads no matter treacherous brought you to this glory. Every obscure plot thread, every batshit twist, all that retcon stuff, the sprite squared poo poo, every bit of dubious narrative legerdemain, ALL of it you now realize was designed with excruciating precision to achieve this singular, magnificent result.

Not quite sure of this but, god loving drat if he didn't loving nail this one moment.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

:sbahj:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Even... even the tail has muscles :stare:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy mother of christ this is the best loving update ever

Blackheart posted:

Even... even the tail has muscles :stare:

YES IT DOES AND ITS AMAZING

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

thats one detailed weird ghost butt

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Hm

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

It...it's just so BEAUTIFUL :swoon:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Homestuck is over

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

Homestuck is over

agreed, hail satan

i think the funniest thing about it to me is the utter loving cacophony playing in the background. just, horses and cats and lovely synth music. loving incredible

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 23, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So when is this thread getting flooded with dumb as gently caressamazing selfies of this ridiculous update

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 23, 2015

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I fear the incoming selfies.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
At least we can all rest having seen arquis's ghost butt and sixpack-tail.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Even apart from the flash, this conversation was super super funny. Loved it!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Oh my god I take back every remotely negative thing I ever said about Equius

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I say this with no hyperbole, but this is probably the weirdest loving thing I have seen in Homestuck.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Plom Bar posted:

Oh my god I take back every remotely negative thing I ever said about Equius

People like you are the reason we still have wars.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

i think the funniest thing about it to me is the utter loving cacophony playing in the background. just, horses and cats and lovely synth music. loving incredible

So by percent, how much of volume ten is gonna be Radiation doing something lovely with his keyboard? Like this, the two Homosuck themes, Trickster Mode, Trickster Mode Christmas, Mituna and Latula's themes from Meenahquest, Kazoostuck... I hink they might not bother releasing Elevatorstuck with Meows, but who knows.

Maybe they're gonna shunt all that crap off to the side and call it a SBaHJ album? Who knows.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I come bearing gifts.

Selfie Blog 1

Selfie Blog 2

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Magres posted:

So when is this thread getting flooded with dumb as gently caressamazing selfies of this ridiculous update

I do believe this is the appropriate levels of lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

I had to scroll like three loving pages before I hit someone without glasses.