Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sharky has convinced me to reinstall Shogun 2 and try and get into it again. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
littleorv you excited about the next installment of the five nights at freddy's saga!?!?!

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Chief posted:

Now I too may join the work posters

Did you get your job back at Gaylord Itnl or whatever it was haha.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Not even a little bit

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pon alien posted:

Did you get your job back at Gaylord Itnl or whatever it was haha.

No it's a Marriott job. I wish back at the Gaylord though, that place was huge as poo poo and it was easy to blow 8 hours there.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah

it was probably really easy to blow at gaylord international

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

No it's a Marriott job. I wish back at the Gaylord though, that place was huge as poo poo and it was easy to blow 8 hours there.

Which gaylord, the one in national harbor? Are there even other gaylord hotels?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Interstella 5555 is still good everybody

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hell, I think I'll name my first kid Gaylord

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

littleorv posted:

Hell, I think I'll name my first kid Gaylord

Naming your kid after yourself is kinda lame though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

yeah

it was probably really easy to blow at gaylord international

I was waiting for this response

FirstAidKite posted:

Which gaylord, the one in national harbor? Are there even other gaylord hotels?

Yeah and there are three other properties in like Nashville, Orlando, and Dallas. I would've work at the one in Florida when I was still living there if it wasn't two hours from my house.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Naming your kid after yourself is kinda lame though

I am a third generation Orville and I think it's pretty cool

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

littleorv posted:

I am a third generation Orville and I think it's pretty cool

You being called Orville III explains a lot.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

I was waiting for this response

Yeah and there are three other properties in like Nashville, Orlando, and Dallas. I would've work at the one in Florida when I was still living there if it wasn't two hours from my house.

did you ever have to work there for katsucon and magfest?

The katsucon staff was always saying that the hotel staff hated the magfest con and preferred katsucon, but I imagine they both would've been terrible for similar reasons

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You being called Orville III explains a lot.

rude

middle name

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Little 'Orville III' Redenbacher

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

did you ever have to work there for katsucon and magfest?

The katsucon staff was always saying that the hotel staff hated the magfest con and preferred katsucon, but I imagine they both would've been terrible for similar reasons

I worked both of them and as far as I knew none of the guys working CSU thought either convention was a pain. They actually thought some of the outfits were cool and it was nice seeing people show up for a thing who weren't wearing loving suits. I got into Magfest and Katsucon and both were a good bit of fun, especially since I got to play FGs on cabinets and the fist of the North Star arcade game.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Beef get rid of your job before it's too late

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I only know the Gaylord hotels because that's where the Republicans always hold their CPAC conferences for some reason.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

Beef get rid of your job before it's too late

No, I need money so I can fund my anime lifestyle.

Strange Quark posted:

I only know the Gaylord hotels because that's where the Republicans always hold their CPAC conferences for some reason.

We handled one of those and I think Donald Trump showed up for one of the days and his hair looks as fake in real life as it does on TV.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

When my family went to Florida for vacation a long time ago we used to drive past the "Gaylord Manor" everyday and I would laugh everytime.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

I worked both of them and as far as I knew none of the guys working CSU thought either convention was a pain. They actually thought some of the outfits were cool and it was nice seeing people show up for a thing who weren't wearing loving suits. I got into Magfest and Katsucon and both were a good bit of fun, especially since I got to play FGs on cabinets and the fist of the North Star arcade game.

I doubt you ever had to deal with it, but I'm sorry if anybody gave you trouble due to the katsucon controversy like 4 years back where people were mad at the hotel and the convention people because a sex offender used the con as a meeting spot with some underaged girl

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I only just realized you guys are talking about a real place and not just running a gaylord joke into the ground.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

I doubt you ever had to deal with it, but I'm sorry if anybody gave you trouble due to the katsucon controversy like 4 years back where people were mad at the hotel and the convention people because a sex offender used the con as a meeting spot with some underaged girl

I heard about this poo poo once and it never came up again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

I only just realized you guys are talking about a real place and not just running a gaylord joke into the ground.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasgn-gaylord-national-resort-and-convention-center/

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I too have worked at the Gaylord

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

I heard about this poo poo once and it never came up again.

good, cause that poo poo was dumb as hell that people were trying to blame the hotel or con for it

what WAS dumb on the con's part was katsucon letting this guy book a panel the very next year

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk who that is

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
he's jf bibeau, a really lovely author that creeps on people at cons. there used to be a thread about his poo poo in book barn I think

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Shou Tucker up to his old tricks...

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
For my birthday I received a firm handshake and the first half of Space Dandy. Anime is good.

What the gently caress is that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

five nights at freddy's anime convention

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

he's jf bibeau, a really lovely author that creeps on people at cons. there used to be a thread about his poo poo in book barn I think

It's hilarious he's all "hey girls wanna read something other than that awful Twilight" when his writing makes Stephanie Meyer look like Shakespeare.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Bees did you ever mail Daisuke to me or what

not yet, gonna try to tomorrow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WickedHate posted:

It's hilarious he's all "hey girls wanna read something other than that awful Twilight" when his writing makes Stephanie Meyer look like Shakespeare.
to be fair even if his writing is worst at least it probably doesn't feature all the creepy sexism of twilight

okay nevermind

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Man I shouldn't have looked at the new Dragon Quest 8 3DS trailer. I want it now!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dragon Quest 8 is epic. and I'm playing it right now.

Would have waited for the 3ds port but I heard bad things about the 7 one performance wise so I assumed 8 wouldnt' fare much better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wanted to replay dq8 but im saving it because its a long rear end game and the new stuff in the 3ds port is too good to ignore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dragon Quest 8 is epic. and I'm playing it right now.

I played a bunch of it ages ago back when it came out. Never beat it though, and those 3DS additions sound cool enough that I'd rather wait for the English release.

I think if I had it on a portable system I'd finally be able to beat it.

• Locked thread