Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mang
Jul 21, 2015
wonder if team usa is golfing with canada today? why even bother showing up for the third place game ITPO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Brooks seems alright to me

mang
Jul 21, 2015
all anyone will remember from this tournament is that jamaica beat usa, maybe a couple will remember mexico winning it but do they even have any fans left after the world cup? one look at the fifa rankings tells me all i need to know, mexico is small time

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Guess you missed the part where I said everyone but Dempsey and Bradley were poo poo. Unless you think Jozy was good this tournament. But then you'd probably be 51-50'd after that.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Depmsey is bad, I actually like Bradley but he's been poo poo since he moved to Canada, surprise surprise playing with wastemen every week is detrimental to your game.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Jack2142 posted:

Jermaine Jones a BBM

Um, tell me more, asking for my wife

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'm the woman clinging for dear life to the guy in the wife beater.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That moment when you realize the guy wearing the yellow polo isn't stadium security but ICE.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Jack2142 posted:

Don't forget his disgusting nepotism in in playing his son.

Also seriously I think Klinsman just doesn't understand defense on a fundamental level... like at all which sort of makes sense since he played forward his entire career and I feel he focuses too much on attacking rather than defending.

In the last year we had,

Jermaine Jones a BBM being converted into a CB who tried to play hero ball out of the back,

A 3-5-2 to get more guys into the attack even though the only people who might be able to pull that off are Johnson & Yedlin because Chandler and Garza certainly can't.

Calling up guys like Alvarado & Ream (Who used to play CB in MLS) who primarily play LB for their to play as Center-backs, over guys like Besler hell even Orozco who are actually center-backs.

Keeping playing loving Chandler who can bomb forward and occasionally get assists, but utterly fails in both possession and defense... so that loving Yedlin as a winger is tracking back to cover him.

Finally playing RCB/LCB like they are different positions meaning he won't play Brooks & Gonzalez together... you know the only pure CB's we brought to the Gold Cup, while at the same time having Brooks bomb up the field like a Libero at times.

You guys just suck rear end at football lmao. You lost against loving Jamaica. Maybe make up another gay rear end sport with helmets and poo poo for pussies but this time don't let it be taken over by Africans like every one of your fake sports. Get the f*ck out of my face, bro.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

You guys just suck rear end at football lmao. You lost against loving Jamaica. Maybe make up another gay rear end sport with helmets and poo poo for pussies but this time don't let it be taken over by Africans like every one of your fake sports. Get the f*ck out of my face, bro.

2002 never forget you huge human being.

Also 2014 never forget a literal god having to salvage you a point against the glorious United States of America in America, sponsored by Budweiser someone find me an American sponsor.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

sponsored by Budweiser someone find me an American sponsor.
FarmersOnly.com

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Ben Olsen for America

Same poo poo grinding results, more success than fake American import players

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Ben Olsen for America

stfu.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Ben Olsen for America

lol I thought I hated my own National team but this is just cruel Fancy

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Ben Olsen for America

gently caress you man. You just want that shitlord to not be managing your own team.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
uhh guys check the post count don't troll here aesop jones :rolleyes:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

gently caress you man. You just want that shitlord to not be managing your own team.

What the gently caress of it

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
If you want a vision of the future, picture 1-0 wins against massively outclassed opponents. Forever.

And I bet he costs a gently caress ton less than Klinsi

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Jozy as player/coach

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Pulls in, IMO

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I would just like a coach who does not struggle with Jamaica and Haiti.

Remember it took a late Eddie Johnson goal for the US to avoid drawing with some country named Antigua and Barbuda during WC qualifying.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Niwrad posted:

I would just like a coach who does not struggle with Jamaica and Haiti.

He's trying guys out, niwrad. Although a result like that looks humiliating , it's little more than a Friendly tournament, signifying nothing. Hell, they beat Germany and Netherlands in friendlies last month.

Remember that before a miracle goal against Caribbean power Trinidad & Tobago in 1989, the U.S. hadn't qualified since 1950. Then they stunk like poo poo in Italy '90.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Mr. Mambold posted:

Remember that before a miracle goal against Caribbean power Trinidad & Tobago in 1989, the U.S. hadn't qualified since 1950. Then they stunk like poo poo in Italy '90.

Too young to remember that :hehe:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

Then they stunk like poo poo in Italy '90.
Well that's gonna happen when your team captain was a semi-pro who had a day job as an insurance salesman in upstate New York

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

You sound angry are you off your meds?

Parody Threads posted:

Um, tell me more, asking for my wife

Big Black Man... which means he is great at the back.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 24, 2015

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

i'm rooting for the reggae boyz, hell, they're looking so athletic and prolific out there that they could take on some euro trash team like portugal and win 2 out of 3 times

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Go Jamaica because gently caress Mexico and how they got into the finals.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

i'm rooting for the reggae boyz, hell, they're looking so athletic and prolific out there that they could take on some euro trash team like portugal and win 2 out of 3 times

#BackLinesMatter

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Jozy as player/coach

He's big enough to be two dudes, its worth a shot

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

It's a harsh reality we have to face. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for fans of teams that didn't make it out of the group stage at the WC. Are they going to take up lawn bowling?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

Well that's gonna happen when your team captain was a semi-pro who had a day job as an insurance salesman in upstate New York

That worked fine in 1950. Point being that it's a funny old game which the U.S. are still on the upward end heading toward outlier country and maybe, who knows, bats. What I'm saying is we need gonzo journalism in the USMNT more than a coaching change.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

$15k fine to Panama for the banner

2 game suspension to Tejada for the red

2 game suspension to Penedo for some unspecified things he said to Geiger

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Drogadon posted:

Worth it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Drogadon posted:

Pass the hat around and start the gofundme, we'll have enough to buy a referee in an hour

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
It's weird how USMNT fans always seem to think they will win despite having so many mediocre players but as a EMNT fan I definitely relate.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
have you not experienced american exceptionalism before

altho tbf even the squad of scrubs we're trotting out these days should still be able to run roughshod over concacaf

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Noctone posted:

have you not experienced american exceptionalism before

altho tbf even the squad of scrubs we're trotting out these days should still be able to run roughshod over concacaf

This.

We are not the best team in the world, but I don't think expecting to beat everyone that isn't Mexico handily is unreasonable.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
You think a team of MLS players + a few from second-tier euro leagues should handily beat a team of Championship/MLS players + a few from second-tier euro leagues.

Aside from Bradley and Dempsey, I don't think the gap is that big.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you're looking at the past 5 years of concacaf it's not ridiculous to have mex/us on top

It doesn't mean they're good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Al2001 posted:

You think a team of MLS players + a few from second-tier euro leagues should handily beat a team of Championship/MLS players + a few from second-tier euro leagues.

Aside from Bradley and Dempsey, I don't think the gap is that big.

This is honestly the first time Jamaica has had their poo poo together in like 15 years. They've always been a team with raw talent and athleticism, but never put it together as a team. They've always had Premier League and Championship players all over their roster, but never did anything with it. Maybe it was most of the guys still having a residual England taint?

• Locked thread