Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I want to question the effectiveness of that spatula but it does have a bottle opener on it.

So conflicted.

Useful, but embarrassing: a Democratic spatula.

Also, note that cHillary beer coozy and H2O cup in the background of the grilling image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Joementum posted:

The campaign celebrates National Hot Dog Day.

i wish crowds pelting people with rotten fruit was still a thing.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I hope he berns those hotdogs.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Hey, one of my prized possessions is my Joe Biden coozy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MrWillsauce posted:

I hope he berns those hotdogs.

Probably won't with only one burner a quarter way on.

The X-man cometh posted:

yeah but joe biden is good

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This is some thing where she is trying to get a weird old lady trying to be hip like the kids these days kind of appeal, right?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

Or for $35 you can have:

Made in America

How long until we have a picture of someone with a Hillary logo on their branded rear end from one of those things

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
If the Citizens United decision was never made, would we still have campaigns making and selling all this ridiculous merchandise?

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

The Supreme Court has ruled that retarded pun aprons are free speech.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is some thing where she is trying to get a weird old lady trying to be hip like the kids these days kind of appeal, right?

She is running a "Brands Saying Bae" style campaign, unfortunately.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

She is running a "Brands Saying Bae" style campaign, unfortunately.

Obama sold all this stupid poo poo too.

Besides, "Brands Saying Bae" is really a twitter thing, and her twitter account is pretty much the opposite of that, I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Well, it ain't Vegas, but its better than being broke!

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Trabisnikof posted:

Or for $35 you can have:

Made in America

I don't think it's a coincidence that the arrow points to the right.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Proposition Joe posted:

If the Citizens United decision was never made, would we still have campaigns making and selling all this ridiculous merchandise?

Are you saying that you think the laws struck down prohibited merchandising by the actual party and candidate committees?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Trabisnikof posted:

Obama sold all this stupid poo poo too.

Besides, "Brands Saying Bae" is really a twitter thing, and her twitter account is pretty much the opposite of that, I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Yaaaaas Hillary!

More like Chillary, amirite?

More like Grillary Clinton, amirite?

Oh, I see your confusion, let me explain. Here we have something that is patently not a millennial-on-the-internet trying to sound like a millennial-on-the-internet. In this case, it is a political campaign selling merchandise with faux-millennial parlance emblazoned on it. In the case of the Brands Saying Bae account, it tracks consumer brands doing much the same thing, only through Tweets. :)

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The X-man cometh posted:

I keep waiting for one of these to pop up on eBay.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Grill, baby, grill!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

:krad:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

Yaaaaas Hillary!

More like Chillary, amirite?

More like Grillary Clinton, amirite?

Oh, I see your confusion, let me explain. Here we have something that is patently not a millennial-on-the-internet trying to sound like a millennial-on-the-internet. In this case, it is a political campaign selling merchandise with faux-millennial parlance emblazoned on it. In the case of the Brands Saying Bae account, it tracks consumer brands doing much the same thing, only through Tweets. :)

But its actually different because campaigns release merch targeted at different sub-groups all the time. Obama did this and even Bush did this same thing to different demographics.

Its not trying to sound like a millennial its just selling millennial poo poo. Maybe if Clinton herself wore that stupid poo poo, it would be more like what you're imagining.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

But its actually different because campaigns release merch targeted at different sub-groups all the time. Obama did this and even Bush did this same thing to different demographics.

Its not trying to sound like a millennial its just selling millennial poo poo. Maybe if Clinton herself wore that stupid poo poo, it would be more like what you're imagining.

Yeah its slick marketing and branding.

These consumerist trifles do nothing to build discourse and have truly consensual government.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Concerned Citizen posted:

You've been burned so many times, you just don't believe anymore. Well, I'm telling you now: you can believe just one more time.

Nah, nobody's punching anyone. Rubio and Christie are the only ones there who might know how to even throw one.

On the other hand, with the chucklefucks making up the clown car there's at least tempting betting odds that at least two people get into one of those "toughguy" shouting matches where their faces are about an inch apart but you know nobody is doing anything but run their mouth. Come on Christie, make the cut.

Alter Ego posted:

You laugh, but is it totally out of the realm of possibility for Rand to call his father and say "please shut the hell up, I want to win"?

Nobody wants to hear their dad tell them that they don't have a chance. So Rand will never make an argument to Ron based on winning this thing. Now an argument based on messing up the grift, that's something papa Paul can understand.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Nintendo Kid posted:

Are you saying that you think the laws struck down prohibited merchandising by the actual party and candidate committees?

...No, why would you read it that way unless you're being wilfully obtuse? I'm asking if the extra money in politics is allowing presidential campaigns to spend so much on stupid merchandise.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

McDowell posted:

These consumerist trifles do nothing to build discourse and have truly consensual government.

:agreed: Bring back the big ball and cider wagons, imo.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

McDowell posted:

Yup!

But you've got to keep the ball rolling somehow....

efb!!!! Joe, you are a glorious machine!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Trabisnikof posted:

efb!!!! Joe, you are a glorious machine!

You got a better picture of the ball though!

Also, I'm not at all joking when I say we should return to the days when the campaigns rolled into town and gave out free hard cider.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

That guy in the white t-shirt is the only one with a human sense of shame

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

i wish crowds pelting people with rotten fruit was still a thing.

Dude is almost as dumb looking as footie pajamas kid.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How did that giant ball work? Whose campaign was that?

Have a tour bus with cider taps and do Lynchian AV shows with live speeches from the candidate.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Proposition Joe posted:

...No, why would you read it that way unless you're being wilfully obtuse? I'm asking if the extra money in politics is allowing presidential campaigns to spend so much on stupid merchandise.

Because it's the only way that's sane? SuperPACs aren't paying for official campaign merchandise design, and the party that has much more in their elections afterwards by far are Republicans. How did that even get into your head? Hell half of those were probably done for about free by volunteers and campaign staff.

In fact, why don't you just go and explain what you think the Citizens United ruling actually did, I'd love to hear it!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Proposition Joe posted:

Stupid campaign merch has a long and storied history. The great innovation from the Obama campaign was realizing people would actually be willing to pay you for this stuff. Normally, you'd give it away free to promote your name. You still see that at the local level - I have seen many campaigns give away branded pot holders, key chains, hand sanitizer, etc.

And, of course, the prized yard sign.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Probably won't with only one burner a quarter way on.

Barack Obama was also only a quarter way on at this point in the campaign season.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ready for Hillary y'all

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I like how the Hillary logo has a red arrow pointing right on it. Pretty accurate.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I know who I'm voting for.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Flying Spaghetti Monster for VP

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

So, i clicked that link later in the day and got video feed of huge billowing smoke clouds over a forrest with a repeated emergency buzzer sound.

Did the Trump just set Texas on fire?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

So, i clicked that link later in the day and got video feed of huge billowing smoke clouds over a forrest with a repeated emergency buzzer sound.

The wall of fire has to start somewhere America can't afford to wait.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Trabisnikof posted:

Or for $35 you can have:

Made in America

is wal-mart coming out with a line soon?

We know how good Wal-Mart has been for Hillary and vice versa.

I'm just grillin in cedar rapids! :xd:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

That's actually how they dye the various endangered forest animals necessary to give Trump's hair its trademark hue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Oh, I get it now. I saw a substanceless cloud of tan that's sort of a dick and assumed that was Trump.

• Locked thread