Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jia posted:

The real question is why would you ever play a dude

I am normal and do not want to be a anime cat girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Captain Oblivious posted:

AF gear and relics have nothing to do with each other hope this helps.

AF gear and relics were relevant gear at the same time. There is no meaningful correlation.

dang you're right, the iconic class weapon has nothing to do with the iconic class armor

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Everyone keeps calling the esoterics gear "AF2" the job npcs, which were wearing the relic gear in 2.0, are wearing it in 3.0 Are you seriously telling me that the armor the Job npcs in the 50-60 story are wearing are NOT the relic armor and not related at all? Because that's loving moronic.

My job NPC wore random chainmail, and my fangirl wore AF1 all blinged-out.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I personally don't like that the AF2 is just esoteric tome gear. I liked that you got the original gear through class quests (even if it was immediately replaced at 50). So in my mind it is hard to even call the esoterics gear "AF2".

And also, esoteric weapons aren't relic weapons. Deal with it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Jia posted:

The real question is why would you ever play a dude

Playing a male lalafell blocks me from so much of the true endgame in FFXIV: Heavensward.

Mordiceius posted:

I personally don't like that the AF2 is just esoteric tome gear. I liked that you got the original gear through class quests (even if it was immediately replaced at 50). So in my mind it is hard to even call the esoterics gear "AF2".

HW so far is pretty much matching the Darklight -> AF progress ARR had.

nuru fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 24, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Meanwhile in not crazy world most people reasonably assumed that the fact that the weapons shown in the trailer are merely esoterics weapons means they're esoterics weapons, and the relics are as of yet unrevealed.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tenzarin posted:

I am normal and do not want to be a anime cat girl.

You have a strange concept of normality.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

One is a pattern right guys

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

GreatRedSpirit posted:

- Look into using vitality right-side gear. The mind bonus from the healer gear won't be a big help compared to having your HP skyrocket and making you more durable. Getting slept->cometeor (a pvp BLM favorite) and surviving can help a lot. Try to find a good mix that works for you. Since PVP is synced to ilv150 you should be fine with whatever you win via greed rolls in EXDR and not spending law tomes or anything for vit gear.

(Or it might be best to stick with healing right side, not sure how it'll all come down in pvp @ lv60)

It's definitely vit. You wind up with something ridiculous like 2500 extra health, in exchange for about a 10th of your healing potency.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm suddenly feeling like leveling WAR, despite already having DRK at 60 and having WHM on the way up at 52. Someone stop me I'm clearly sick :cry:

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The job NPCs are wearing relic armor, and have a special job related weapon. It makes perfect sense to assume its the relic is my point. Do you think that they'll "finish' the relic then just retroactively give all the NPCs the new model instead of the one they're using? because that's really dumb.

Except they're not wearing relic armor. They're wearing Esoterics gear and using Esoterics weapons.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I really like the idea of buying an esoterics weapon and either taking it on the casual relic upgrade path or the savage raiddropped upgrade path for the entire expansion.

This isn't what's happening, though, and anyone who thinks esoterics weapons have anything to do with relics is a gigantic loving moron.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

I'm suddenly feeling like leveling WAR, despite already having DRK at 60 and having WHM on the way up at 52. Someone stop me I'm clearly sick :cry:

You're not sick. For the first time in your life, you're awake now.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

whats the mogstache from?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Pews posted:

whats the mogstache from?
Christmas event.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You're not sick. For the first time in your life, you're awake now.

Hear... Feel... Grind

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the only thing that is 100% known is that zetas or old relics in any shape or form are not required for the new ones because drk, ast, and mch don't have them

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
HW base relics will be crafted with rare quest drops and red scrip materials. Please look forward to it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Whizbang posted:

HW base relics will be crafted with rare quest drops and red scrip materials. Please look forward to it.

gently caress you

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Did you forget the part where af+1 was bought with myth tomes?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

One of my fish for red script today is a book only fish so I looked at the book and it's 99 tokens aka 4950 script.... fuuuuuck

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
look if I didn't have to camp castle oztroja for three days with all the thieves farming astral rings to get it it doesn't deserve to be called 'AF' ok

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Did you forget the part where af+1 was bought with myth tomes?

I also remember the part where relic weapons were created using a Mythology tomestone weapo-oh wait.

Seriously, there's no case on precedence to be made here because there are as many things that are completely different about these scenarios as there are things that kinda sorta look vaguely similar if you squint, if not far more. It's even possible the Esoterics weapon is related to the relics, but the point here is that there is no real meaningful evidence for that position. Just a jumble of barely correlated facts. Being correct wouldn't make you a visionary, it'd make you the proverbial monkey with a typewriter who eventually bashed out a sentence or two of Shakespeare.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

Whizbang posted:

Given how lovely the red scrip system is, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

sword_man.gif posted:

the only thing that is 100% known is that zetas or old relics in any shape or form are not required for the new ones because drk, ast, and mch don't have them

I think they did mention that having Zeta would let you skip a step though.

Something like "Hey, if you have a Zeta Relic, you can skip the first Atma Grind and go straight to Animus" seems reasonable, given how Animus was a deathmarch back when it was current. While some people got Atma in a day or so.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

I also remember the part where relic weapons were created using a Mythology tomestone weapo-oh wait.

Seriously, there's no case on precedence to be made here because there are as many things that are completely different about these scenarios as there are things that kinda sorta look vaguely similar if you squint, if not far more. It's even possible the Esoterics weapon is related to the relics, but the point here is that there is no real meaningful evidence for that position. Just a jumble of barely correlated facts. Being correct wouldn't make you a visionary, it'd make you the proverbial monkey with a typewriter who eventually bashed out a sentence or two of Shakespeare.

Talking about af armor dumbass, not weapons.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Talking about af armor dumbass, not weapons.

Your post is just a launching point to discuss how these situations bear some resemblance but nothing more.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
guys i cant use miasma 2 swiftcast is on cooldown

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I agree, it's not really AF2 unless it's a random drop from a raid that takes several hours and 3 alliances

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
*conveniently ignores the fact that AF2 is named after empyrean gear*

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Doublestep posted:

guys i cant use miasma 2 swiftcast is on cooldown

Did you try Surecasting it

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Anyone else having some really bad connection issues? It's insanely laggy for me right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ouhei posted:

Anyone else having some really bad connection issues? It's insanely laggy for me right now.

Download WTFast. There's a free version and it fixes almost all connection issues. It's pretty sweet.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Ouhei posted:

I have the same. No idea what the problem could be since I didn't change anything from yesterday.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ouhei posted:

I'm having extremely bad issues. I'm in the midwest, using TWC. There's a thread on the forums about the issue and it seems to be affecting COX and TWC. (Its only on FFXIV, everything else seems fine.)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

These crossovers are getting ridiculous.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Comcast in Florida was getting hammered a few days ago as well. Like I said, just grab the free version of wtfast. It's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Comcast in Florida was getting hammered a few days ago as well. Like I said, just grab the free version of wtfast. It's really good.

It does seem to have fixed the issue. Thanks.

• Locked thread