Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Is there any other anime / manga that has a lot of dick jokes a-la Gintama?
just listen to the blazblue radio show

it's nothing but hours upon hours of tomokazu sugita making dick jokes, and encouraging a bunch of 20-year-old women to do the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdQkKc5egIg

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

currently airing anime Shimoneta is entirely about dirty jokes/puns and sex stuff. only 3 episodes out for now, but Funimation has it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

You've done weird things to this thread.

I'm glad

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

im 21 i don't think i qualify anymore :negative:
we're going to have to break up bees. im sorry

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Budget Prefuse posted:

we're going to have to break up bees. im sorry

it's for the best

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wark Say posted:

seitokai yakuindomo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

seriously though i can't undersell how many dick jokes are in the blazblue radio show, it's insane

they barely even talk about blazblue. it's just sugita making dick jokes and talking about dark souls and how much he wants to gently caress the cow lady from idolmaster, while asami imai and kanako kondo desperately try to understand what the hell he's even talking about

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

why does blazblue have a radio show

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

why does blazblue have a radio show
what the hell else are you going to put on the radio these days

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

is there a sub or transcript

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

this sounds amazing, and i will emulate it for the uhhh *checks thread* adrtw podcast

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish I had time to watch anime.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

this sounds amazing, and i will emulate it for the uhhh *checks thread* adrtw podcast

please call it by its proper name the zorakcast

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can find them on youtube or dailymotion with subs, plus some cute chibis of the characters the VAs play

it's called 'bururaji' for short but 'blazblue radio' gets hits anyway

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Watching anime while I wait for the SF5 beta to start

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

seriously though i can't undersell how many dick jokes are in the blazblue radio show, it's insane

they barely even talk about blazblue. it's just sugita making dick jokes and talking about dark souls and how much he wants to gently caress the cow lady from idolmaster, while asami imai and kanako kondo desperately try to understand what the hell he's even talking about

*googles cow lady*

haha same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

*googles cow lady*

haha same

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

Sugita is a homeboy

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sugita is my hero.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

update: I made some time to watch anime with a friend.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I have watched one anime today.

I also finished the novel I was reading and bicycled 25 miles

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I also went to the book store and got a new novel, and the first volume of Monster.

And then I went to the grocery store.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've had a full day.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i have hardly been watching anime, because i have been playing magic: the gathering, but i hereby promise to redouble my efforts and at least catch up on gatchaman.

also

Davincie posted:

*googles cow lady*

haha same

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I watched the first episode of Gatchaman Crowds. I'll probably watch more, is my verdict.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd like to watch some anime but I had to get up at 4am and barely got any sleep so I don't think I can process subtitles right now. And I'd rather not watch anime than watch a dub.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Sugita is a homeboy

He totally is. The one story I always remember is the reason why he used to (I think he still does, actually) be a super Houko Kuwashima fan. Apparently, around the time he started going into a VA school, he was really into both Ryvius and Nadessico, just like his bro Nakamura. When he started doing auditions for X, he met her during the casting. Back then he was super nervous, because it was one of those manga that his cousin used to read a lot, so he wanted to make sure he did a good job. From that moment, she started telling him to stop being so nervous and to stop trying to make a big impression with no meaning and to rely more on his fellow voice actors. He still considers it one of those moments that he fondly reminisces about when thinking about his beginnings as a voice actor. I remember that Miyu Irino kinda teased him about it, because he used to think of Sugita in a similar way.

Sugita told him that he's nowhere near as cool and cute as her.

littleorv posted:

Sugita is my hero.

One of the things I've learned from interacting with other VA's close to him is that pretty much nobody has really anything mean to say about the guy because, as much of a weirdo as he can come off sometimes, he's always got your back in case you need help or just an attentive ear. I know it sounds redundant, but it bears repeating: He's a total bro. :3:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

I have watched one anime today.

I also finished the novel I was reading and bicycled 25 miles

Nice

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

Sugita is my hero.

Hell, same.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Finished Gunbuster... again.

Gonna play Kotor 2 and maybe watch a little more anime tonight.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The budget in Katanagatari episode 1 must have been insanely small.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm playing the Telltale GoT game. I like it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i finished gunbuster and it was..... really drat good.

and thats noting my public dislike of mechs. really beautiful show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

are the specials worth watching?

• Locked thread